BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-22-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
penny
Captain
 
penny's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 135i (sold)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Las Colinas

Posts: 832
iTrader: (2)

F1 Austin Waiting List

Received an email about the select seating waiting list around 10PM.

http://circuitoftheamericas.com/circ...-now-available
__________________
'08 135i.
penny is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2012, 12:11 AM   #2
SONAR
Banned
 
Drives: By echolocation
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: In your drier

Posts: 148
iTrader: (0)

last I read about this it looked like it wasn't going to happen due to investment problems and the state of TX "unpromising" their money until the event showed economic gain for Austin, which stopped construction. Was this worked out? It's entirely possible I missed it...
SONAR is offline   Albania
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2012, 12:13 AM   #3
penny
Captain
 
penny's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 135i (sold)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Las Colinas

Posts: 832
iTrader: (2)

Read about it a few days ago and it appears everything was worked out. Set for August completion. I might be wrong.
__________________
'08 135i.
penny is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2012, 12:15 AM   #4
SONAR
Banned
 
Drives: By echolocation
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: In your drier

Posts: 148
iTrader: (0)

Link would be appreciated. I was going to rent a buddy's vacation condo he has there for the weekend. I miss F1 in the US...went to all but 1 at Indy. But TBH been too busy with work to keep up, and all my spare time is working on car or partying.
SONAR is offline   Albania
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2012, 12:16 AM   #5
penny
Captain
 
penny's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 135i (sold)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Las Colinas

Posts: 832
iTrader: (2)

Link is in the original post.
__________________
'08 135i.
penny is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2012, 12:21 AM   #6
SONAR
Banned
 
Drives: By echolocation
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: In your drier

Posts: 148
iTrader: (0)

I meant link to the financing issues being resolved and construction back on track. I'm not saying your wrong, just last time I checked things looked bleak, with F1 in NJ in 2013, etc. The site does look better than it did though.
SONAR is offline   Albania
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2012, 12:27 AM   #7
penny
Captain
 
penny's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 135i (sold)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Las Colinas

Posts: 832
iTrader: (2)

Oh my bad. An article from last month -- http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin.../12/12878.html
__________________
'08 135i.
penny is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2012, 12:35 AM   #8
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
 
Greenkirby21's Avatar
 
Drives: C7 Stringray
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dream Land

Posts: 2,607
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Greenkirby21
never been to F1 before. how much are ticket generally/what is the range for tickets?
__________________
2014 C7 Corvette Stringray - Laguna Blue - NPP Exhaust - Competition Seats
Greenkirby21 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2012, 12:35 AM   #9
SONAR
Banned
 
Drives: By echolocation
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: In your drier

Posts: 148
iTrader: (0)

thanks
SONAR is offline   Albania
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2012, 11:56 AM   #10
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
 
gary88's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 7,984
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [3.91]
This $100 is to just reserve a spot on the waitlist, no?
__________________

garyhebdingjr.com | flickr | Instagram@garyhebding
gary88 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #11
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
 
Drives: B744
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Up In The Air

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

i put my deposit down 30 seconds after i got that email
The Ghost of Tom Joad is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 01:09 AM   #12
penny
Captain
 
penny's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 135i (sold)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Las Colinas

Posts: 832
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary88 View Post
This $100 is to just reserve a spot on the waitlist, no?
I believe it's to reserve your spot for a personal seating license, like at new football stadiums. You purchase seats in order to purchase season tickets.

I'm sure that there will be many events at this circuit, but if you're only planning to attend the F1 event, why bother purchasing a PSL? (However, I did put down a deposit seconds from receiving that email just in case I'm wrong. I usually am. )
__________________
'08 135i.
penny is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #13
NYC6
Banned
 
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: LI/NY

Posts: 2,078
iTrader: (0)

NYC6 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #14
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
 
UltimateBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: MP4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South

Posts: 3,287
iTrader: (0)

This $100 is a refundable deposit to reserve a spot in the wait list to get a preferred buyers club. Which will give you priority to premium seats for the next 15 years. The cost of the actual preferred buyers club can range from $1000 - $5000, and does not include ticket costs.

Basically, if you don't plan to at least shell out $1000 don't do it. Though it is refundable.
__________________
UltimateBMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #15
Nutballa
Captain
 
Nutballa's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austin, Texas+ San Antonio

Posts: 790
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Nutballa Send a message via Yahoo to Nutballa
Didn't purchase select seating for grandstands. There are much better seats at Turn 1 , 3 , and 13/14.
__________________
BMW FTW!

"Power is nothing without Control" - Pirelli.


Nutballa is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2012, 12:01 AM   #16
Red Bread
Brigadier General
 
Drives: My wife's car
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,266
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutballa
Didn't purchase select seating for grandstands. There are much better seats at Turn 1 , 3 , and 13/14.
It's a Tilke track. All seats will suck, I plan on just getting general admission tix.
Red Bread is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #17
Nutballa
Captain
 
Nutballa's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austin, Texas+ San Antonio

Posts: 790
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Nutballa Send a message via Yahoo to Nutballa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
It's a Tilke track. All seats will suck, I plan on just getting general admission tix.
Same here!
__________________
BMW FTW!

"Power is nothing without Control" - Pirelli.


Nutballa is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #18
mike the snake
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sonoma County, CA.

Posts: 519
iTrader: (1)

I just sent in my $100 deposit. I will research thoough, as i don't want to spend $1000, I'll be flying in from California as it is.

If the extra money gets me anywhere special though, I might consider it. I'm a huge F1 fan.

I live very close to Infineon, and honestly, the TV coverage is better than going sometimes, unless i get tickets for the pits and the enclosed suites.
mike the snake is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #19
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
 
Drives: B744
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Up In The Air

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the snake View Post
I just sent in my $100 deposit. I will research thoough, as i don't want to spend $1000, I'll be flying in from California as it is.

If the extra money gets me anywhere special though, I might consider it. I'm a huge F1 fan.

I live very close to Infineon, and honestly, the TV coverage is better than going sometimes, unless i get tickets for the pits and the enclosed suites.
i'll give you a quick breakdown of what to expect:

you put $100 down to be added to a priority list. once you're contacted in the order you got in, you'll be offered a choice in seats on the main straight. the closer you are to the start/finish line, the more expensive your 'personal seat license' is. your personal seat license is a fee on top of ticket costs. once you purchase the personal seat license, you have all rights to that seat for the next 15 years, but you still have to pay for face value of the tickets themselves on top of the PSL. so essentially, you're not even putting money down on tickets. you're only putting a deposit on a deposit. it's a tricky and deceptive concept that jerry jones pioneered to make more money. and (not so) ironically, jerry jones' management company "legends" was hired by COTA to bean count. so a bit of caveat emptor to potential depositors...unless you plan on having seats for the next 15 years, then you're gonna want to wait for individual ticket sales later this year.
The Ghost of Tom Joad is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #20
mike the snake
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sonoma County, CA.

Posts: 519
iTrader: (1)

My only worry was that I wouldn't be able to get a ticket to the event. I think I'd prefer general, where I could walk around and watch from different places, if that's possible.
mike the snake is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #21
Nutballa
Captain
 
Nutballa's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austin, Texas+ San Antonio

Posts: 790
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Nutballa Send a message via Yahoo to Nutballa
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the snake View Post
My only worry was that I wouldn't be able to get a ticket to the event. I think I'd prefer general, where I could walk around and watch from different places, if that's possible.
The Grandstand seats are for the high rollers so to speak. There will be people from around the world trying to get seats there. Personally, I think it's not the best place to sit if you want a good view of the whole track and race in general. I've seen an updated layout of the track and other potential seating arrangements fro COTA. There seems to be a sidewalk area to walk around and get different views of the race.
__________________
BMW FTW!

"Power is nothing without Control" - Pirelli.


Nutballa is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #22
JCE
Banned
 
Drives: SG M3 2010 Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas

Posts: 185
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
i'll give you a quick breakdown of what to expect:

you put $100 down to be added to a priority list. once you're contacted in the order you got in, you'll be offered a choice in seats on the main straight. the closer you are to the start/finish line, the more expensive your 'personal seat license' is. your personal seat license is a fee on top of ticket costs. once you purchase the personal seat license, you have all rights to that seat for the next 15 years, but you still have to pay for face value of the tickets themselves on top of the PSL. so essentially, you're not even putting money down on tickets. you're only putting a deposit on a deposit. it's a tricky and deceptive concept that jerry jones pioneered to make more money. and (not so) ironically, jerry jones' management company "legends" was hired by COTA to bean count. so a bit of caveat emptor to potential depositors...unless you plan on having seats for the next 15 years, then you're gonna want to wait for individual ticket sales later this year.
I assume PSL's are pretty common around the NFL. I know Houston has the same thing for Texans games. No thanks.
JCE is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST