BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
Jeskali
Akra Exhaust, Eibach Springs, BBS CH 19x9 Square
1
Rep
83
Posts

Drives: E93 M3 Jerez Black
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Short Hills, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Springs vs Dinan Stage 1

So I want to lower my car a little, not slam it, and was thinking about putting Eibachs on it-E93. After watching the Dinan video, I am having mixed thoughts and think that I need to go with his whole Stage 1 product. Can anybody with experience illuminate me on how i should proceed? I will not track the car, it is only for cosmetic reasons-yes im a poseur.

thanks
Jeff
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Nati Beastcat's Avatar
36
Rep
1,292
Posts

Drives: X5D
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeskali View Post
So I want to lower my car a little, not slam it, and was thinking about putting Eibachs on it-E93. After watching the Dinan video, I am having mixed thoughts and think that I need to go with his whole Stage 1 product. Can anybody with experience illuminate me on how i should proceed? I will not track the car, it is only for cosmetic reasons-yes im a poseur.

thanks
Jeff
I'm having the same issue right now. $1200 for dinan or $300 for springs?
__________________
Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
Jeskali
Akra Exhaust, Eibach Springs, BBS CH 19x9 Square
1
Rep
83
Posts

Drives: E93 M3 Jerez Black
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Short Hills, NJ

iTrader: (0)

I bought the springs for 250. Let you know what I think after I get them installed
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #4
aajami
Brigadier General
aajami's Avatar
United_States
130
Rep
4,337
Posts

Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA

iTrader: (4)

This thread screams for one of these:



__________________
'09 E92 M3: Space Gray, Black, Carbon Leather | ZTP 2MK ZPP 2MT 6FL | link 1 / link 2
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #5
armyav8tor
n1smo
armyav8tor's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
1,453
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeskali View Post
I bought the springs for 250. Let you know what I think after I get them installed
You'll love them.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #6
klammer
Brigadier General
43
Rep
3,245
Posts

Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 07 X5
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami
This thread screams for one of these:



__________________
mods: akra evo, dinan 3.45 diff, ess akra tune, dinan stg.3, Alcon bbk, HRE P40
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #7
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
jonasaurus's Avatar
United Kingdom
35
Rep
3,156
Posts

Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Stick with the Eibachs if you are looking at doing this for aesthetic reasons imo.
__________________
///M3 | E90 LCI | Space Grey | Fox Red with CF Structure | 6MT | 260M | My build
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #8
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Nati Beastcat's Avatar
36
Rep
1,292
Posts

Drives: X5D
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeskali View Post
I bought the springs for 250. Let you know what I think after I get them installed


Great let me know. Its a 70,000 car that comes with $250 springs from the factory when you think about it..... I'm curious to see what you think. I'm not sure that spending more $ for just a lower look is worth it when you are comparing the dinan stage 1 vs something like eibach's.
__________________
Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 10:40 PM   #9
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
317
Rep
15,818
Posts

Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (293)

I have dinan springs and camber plates

I don't like a big drop, so for me it's great. the rear is PERFECT, I wouldn't want it any lower or higher

front I wouldn't mind if it was a little lower, but since I want to put bigger tires in the front (Currently have 265/35/18 RS3s on 9.5et22 TE37SLs, and I want to put a 285/35/18 in the front with SL 10.5et20) I'm happy it's not so low. less risk of rubbing on the fender liner lol
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 11:37 PM   #10
STALKER
Brigadier General
52
Rep
3,725
Posts

Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
I have dinan springs and camber plates

I don't like a big drop, so for me it's great. the rear is PERFECT, I wouldn't want it any lower or higher

front I wouldn't mind if it was a little lower, but since I want to put bigger tires in the front (Currently have 265/35/18 RS3s on 9.5et22 TE37SLs, and I want to put a 285/35/18 in the front with SL 10.5et20) I'm happy it's not so low. less risk of rubbing on the fender liner lol
Do you rub now in the front or come close?
__________________

2013 991 C4S-SOLD
2012 Golf R
2010 GT3
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 12:06 AM   #11
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
317
Rep
15,818
Posts

Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (293)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
Do you rub now in the front or come close?
with 9.5 et22 265/35 i have 0 rubbing, full lock also no rubbing

i test fitted the 10.5 et20 and it fit, but I didn't drive with it. it didn't rub when it was on the lift and such, but again i didn't drive..
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #12
DocJohn
Second Lieutenant
DocJohn's Avatar
3
Rep
253
Posts

Drives: 2012 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

the question that I would have with the Stage 1 suspension:

Does it reduce understeer????


This seems to be one of the regular digs against the M3 chassis as it is tuned from the factory. Did Dinan do anything to reduce this tendency???
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #13
TX335
Private First Class
1
Rep
156
Posts

Drives: 08 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Has anyone run Eibachs + E36 bumpstops + Dinan camber plates? I was thinking about that setup as an alternative to the Dinan kit. Or would Stage 1 + camber plates be better all around?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #14
Dave2
First Lieutenant
Dave2's Avatar
16
Rep
383
Posts

Drives: '11 M3 Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

I just had the Dinan Stage 2 installed. This drops the E93 a little less than an inch. It results in a quicker turn-in and less body roll when cornering and less understeer. The kit was just under $3K installed. The parts quality was excellent. So far I am very pleased with the results.

If you are considering the Stage 1 it is well worth the extra money for the Stage 2
__________________
'11 M3 Convertible | Dinan Stage 2 suspension
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 09:27 PM   #15
Denk
Colonel
Denk's Avatar
United_States
66
Rep
2,201
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PNW

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave IV View Post
I just had the Dinan Stage 2 installed. This drops the E93 a little less than an inch. It results in a quicker turn-in and less body roll when cornering and less understeer. The kit was just under $3K installed. The parts quality was excellent. So far I am very pleased with the results.

If you are considering the Stage 1 it is well worth the extra money for the Stage 2
Cool! I love the drop, wouldn't want it any lower for my area. The ride for a daily is also primo!

Post some pics when you get a chance.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #16
Dave2
First Lieutenant
Dave2's Avatar
16
Rep
383
Posts

Drives: '11 M3 Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denk View Post
Cool! I love the drop, wouldn't want it any lower for my area. The ride for a daily is also primo!

Post some pics when you get a chance.
I will get some before and after pics up this weekend.
__________________
'11 M3 Convertible | Dinan Stage 2 suspension
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #17
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
317
Rep
15,818
Posts

Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (293)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave IV View Post
If you are considering the Stage 1 it is well worth the extra money for the Stage 2
In case anyone is interested,

the difference between the stage 1 2 3 are minimal

1 is springs
2 adds a Front sway bar
3 adds camber plates

I have the springs and camber plates

contemplating on adding the sway
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #18
Dave2
First Lieutenant
Dave2's Avatar
16
Rep
383
Posts

Drives: '11 M3 Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
In case anyone is interested,

the difference between the stage 1 2 3 are minimal

1 is springs
2 adds a Front sway bar
3 adds camber plates

I have the springs and camber plates

contemplating on adding the sway
My subjective impression is that the stage 2 bar reduces the roll by about 70%. I suspect this is by design to keep the negative camber at a maximum.. It does make turn-in sharper.
__________________
'11 M3 Convertible | Dinan Stage 2 suspension

Last edited by Dave2; 02-04-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #19
Dave2
First Lieutenant
Dave2's Avatar
16
Rep
383
Posts

Drives: '11 M3 Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Before shots
Attached Images
  
__________________
'11 M3 Convertible | Dinan Stage 2 suspension
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #20
Dave2
First Lieutenant
Dave2's Avatar
16
Rep
383
Posts

Drives: '11 M3 Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

After the Dinan Stage 2
Attached Images
   
__________________
'11 M3 Convertible | Dinan Stage 2 suspension
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #21
Dave2
First Lieutenant
Dave2's Avatar
16
Rep
383
Posts

Drives: '11 M3 Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocJohn View Post
the question that I would have with the Stage 1 suspension:

Does it reduce understeer????


This seems to be one of the regular digs against the M3 chassis as it is tuned from the factory. Did Dinan do anything to reduce this tendency???

The sway bar in the Stage 2 kit will reduce understeer. The camber plates in the Stage 3 will provide a greater reduction in understeer.
__________________
'11 M3 Convertible | Dinan Stage 2 suspension
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #22
Denk
Colonel
Denk's Avatar
United_States
66
Rep
2,201
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: May 2011
Location: PNW

iTrader: (2)

Perfection, love it!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:29 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST