BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #45
IMG
VT3
 
IMG's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Couch

Posts: 6,945
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Guys,

This is a flat out incredible time!! I had a feeling once Costas Supercharged his M3 that he would eventually get the record, awesome job Brother!

He did it in 6.16s, on a nearly flat road -0.31%, in his ESS VT600 Supercharged DCT, M3, on street tires as well.


So freakin awesome.....................
and its a VT2 600
__________________
NO FEAR.NO LIMITS.NO EQUAL

Ess VT3 LC built motor,Volk TE37SL,Euro taillights,Dinan Xpipe,Custom Headers,Akra axle back CF tips,ModeCarbon FR lip,BMW CF wing
LOW BOOST 60-130 6.7 sec
IMG is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #46
madsex343
Private
 
madsex343's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Athens - Greece

Posts: 84
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Guys,

This is a flat out incredible time!! I had a feeling once Costas Supercharged his M3 that he would eventually get the record, awesome job Brother!

He did it in 6.16s, on a nearly flat road -0.31%, in his ESS VT600 Supercharged DCT, M3, on street tires as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Here is Madsex343's 100-200kph as well.

Now that was fast indeed!
Faster than I have ever been with any of my cars the past few years...
Thanks guys!
Ess
__________________
Now 2008 997tt tip APR 630HP + 2010 N54 135i manual flashed-CPE DP / Past: 2010 Euro E92 M3 DCT - M3 E92 all time 60-130MPH RECORD HOLDER @ 6.16sec (100-200km/h @ 5.2sec) + NA 60-130MPH RECORD HOLDER @ 9.7sec (100-200km/h @ 8.25sec) 2009 997tt APR 630HP (6.67s-5.5s), 2007 997tt Protomotive 600HP (7.18s-6.2s), 2003 996tt Protomotive 700HP (6.48s-5.5s), 2004 E46 M3, 2002 E46 M3, 1999 Z3M Roadster 3.2l(321HP), 1997 E36 M3 3.2l (321HP)
madsex343 is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2012, 08:18 PM   #47
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
 
Mr. 5's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surf City, HB

Posts: 8,624
iTrader: (31)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Guys,

This is a flat out incredible time!! I had a feeling once Costas Supercharged his M3 that he would eventually get the record, awesome job Brother!

He did it in 6.16s, on a nearly flat road -0.31%, in his ESS VT600 Supercharged DCT, M3, on street tires as well.

Wow man. This is crazy fast. Were there any power adders at all? This is 6mt as well?
I'm noticing 1 shift.
__________________
e36 M3 Coupe, e36 325i Sedan
e90 335i--SOLD

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Mr. 5 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #48
IMG
VT3
 
IMG's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Couch

Posts: 6,945
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Guys,

This is a flat out incredible time!! I had a feeling once Costas Supercharged his M3 that he would eventually get the record, awesome job Brother!

He did it in 6.16s, on a nearly flat road -0.31%, in his ESS VT600 Supercharged DCT, M3, on street tires as well.

__________________
NO FEAR.NO LIMITS.NO EQUAL

Ess VT3 LC built motor,Volk TE37SL,Euro taillights,Dinan Xpipe,Custom Headers,Akra axle back CF tips,ModeCarbon FR lip,BMW CF wing
LOW BOOST 60-130 6.7 sec
IMG is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #49
IMG
VT3
 
IMG's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Couch

Posts: 6,945
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
Wow man. This is crazy fast. Were there any power adders at all? This is 6mt as well?
I'm noticing 1 shift.
DCT !
__________________
NO FEAR.NO LIMITS.NO EQUAL

Ess VT3 LC built motor,Volk TE37SL,Euro taillights,Dinan Xpipe,Custom Headers,Akra axle back CF tips,ModeCarbon FR lip,BMW CF wing
LOW BOOST 60-130 6.7 sec
IMG is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2012, 10:18 PM   #50
Keik E92 M3
Banned
 
Drives: BMW M3 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,349
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2009 BMW  [4.50]
2011 BMW 335i  [3.40]
Going this Saturday to the track "famoso".. See what she can do.
Keik E92 M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2012, 10:28 PM   #51
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
 
Mr. 5's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surf City, HB

Posts: 8,624
iTrader: (31)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by img View Post
DCT !
That's weird because I only see one shift on the graph.
__________________
e36 M3 Coupe, e36 325i Sedan
e90 335i--SOLD

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Mr. 5 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2012, 11:05 PM   #52
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

Posts: 3,396
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
Wow man. This is crazy fast. Were there any power adders at all? This is 6mt as well?
I'm noticing 1 shift.
No power adders I know of, except 200 CEL cats and supersprint exhaust, it's DCT for sure, it's very difficult to see shifts on the DCT, but if you know approx where they are you can detect them. He shifted 3 times. At times you can detect one more easily sometimes not, if the G's completely drop that helps. The program used in the first graph has thicker lines so that shift was easily more detectable with that program when you look at the speed and the scaling has an effect too at times.

With the Racelogic program, it's almost undetectable when you look at speed, but you do see the G's drop, other DCT graphs show G's dropping like this on shifts as well, at times they don't.



With Vbox tools it's a little easier to see that one shift you are talking about with a different scaling.

__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi

Last edited by DLSJ5; 03-20-2012 at 11:20 PM.
DLSJ5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 12:43 AM   #53
E90///M3`
Major General
 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

Posts: 5,278
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
oh mah goooooodddneesss
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
E90///M3` is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 05:12 AM   #54
madsex343
Private
 
madsex343's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Athens - Greece

Posts: 84
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
No power adders I know of, except 200 CEL cats and supersprint exhaust, it's DCT for sure, it's very difficult to see shifts on the DCT, but if you know approx where they are you can detect them. He shifted 3 times. At times you can detect one more easily sometimes not, if the G's completely drop that helps. The program used in the first graph has thicker lines so that shift was easily more detectable with that program when you look at the speed and the scaling has an effect too at times.

With the Racelogic program, it's almost undetectable when you look at speed, but you do see the G's drop, other DCT graphs show G's dropping like this on shifts as well, at times they don't.



With Vbox tools it's a little easier to see that one shift you are talking about with a different scaling.

I told you the car felt crazy fast during the run and now that I am reading the grpahs from 2nd to 3rd gear car was pulling in excess of 1G!!!
As for the drop when I shifted from 4th to 5th there might have been a small slipping invloved or even possibly hitting the limiter for a split second as I was in manual!
__________________
Now 2008 997tt tip APR 630HP + 2010 N54 135i manual flashed-CPE DP / Past: 2010 Euro E92 M3 DCT - M3 E92 all time 60-130MPH RECORD HOLDER @ 6.16sec (100-200km/h @ 5.2sec) + NA 60-130MPH RECORD HOLDER @ 9.7sec (100-200km/h @ 8.25sec) 2009 997tt APR 630HP (6.67s-5.5s), 2007 997tt Protomotive 600HP (7.18s-6.2s), 2003 996tt Protomotive 700HP (6.48s-5.5s), 2004 E46 M3, 2002 E46 M3, 1999 Z3M Roadster 3.2l(321HP), 1997 E36 M3 3.2l (321HP)
madsex343 is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #55
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
 
Mr. 5's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surf City, HB

Posts: 8,624
iTrader: (31)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [4.00]
Thanks Drew. That makes sense with the shifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsex343 View Post
I told you the car felt crazy fast during the run and now that I am reading the grpahs from 2nd to 3rd gear car was pulling in excess of 1G!!!
As for the drop when I shifted from 4th to 5th there might have been a small slipping invloved or even possibly hitting the limiter for a split second as I was in manual!
How the F were you able to pull 1g at 74 mph? That's amazing!
Were you running any power adders?
What is your peak boost?

Congrats on the run man!
__________________
e36 M3 Coupe, e36 325i Sedan
e90 335i--SOLD

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Mr. 5 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #56
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

Posts: 3,396
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
Thanks Drew. That makes sense with the shifts.



How the F were you able to pull 1g at 74 mph? That's amazing!
Were you running any power adders?
What is your peak boost?

Congrats on the run man!
No problem Craig, you brought up some great points as always. The time is flat out unreal. When I hit 6.8, it was in the middle of summer and I did have some wheel spin going from 2nd to 3rd. Costas was in much cooler weather, and he hooked on this incredible run. Seeing that he holds the NA E9X M3 record I wasn't suprised it was him, but I was a little shocked by this time!
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi
DLSJ5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #57
prodigymb
Private First Class
 
Drives: 996tt
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Philly

Posts: 167
iTrader: (0)

6.17 is super impressive.
prodigymb is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #58
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
 
Mr. 5's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surf City, HB

Posts: 8,624
iTrader: (31)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsex343 View Post
Now that was fast indeed!
Faster than I have ever been with any of my cars the past few years...
Thanks guys!
Ess
Not sure if you saw my post but I noticed that your time is quicker than the other ESS VT600 kit with 100 shot. Were you running any power adders or were you just running more boost?
__________________
e36 M3 Coupe, e36 325i Sedan
e90 335i--SOLD

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Mr. 5 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #59
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

Posts: 3,396
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
Not sure if you saw my post but I noticed that your time is quicker than the other ESS VT600 kit with 100 shot. Were you running any power adders or were you just running more boost?
Craig I think your question is fair, and I understand your skeptism, but he already listed what he was running, I listed what he was running in the first post on the matter, I also said the car was DCT, yet you still thought that it was a 6MT.

The file was checked by myself, you, 6speedonline and he's posted all the mods he was running, I'm not sure what else he can say. There are always cars that just run faster, in every platform for various reasons, hence the reason the 1st post says -

When comparing the below 60-130 and 1/4 mile results, please keep in mind that variances in temperature, humidity, road surface conditions, tire grip, and driver input can all have a measurable impact on the data.

I mentioned some solid reaons why his time improved, and again he owns the M3 NA record 9.7, and the 997TT flash/exhaust record, so he knows what he's doing.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi
DLSJ5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #60
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
 
Mr. 5's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surf City, HB

Posts: 8,624
iTrader: (31)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Craig I think your question is fair, and I understand your skeptism, but he already listed what he was running, I listed what he was running in the first post on the matter, I also said the car was DCT, yet you still thought that it was a 6MT.

The file was checked by myself, you, 6speedonline and he's posted all the mods he was running, I'm not sure what else he can say. There are always cars that just run faster, in every platform for various reasons, hence the reason the 1st post says -

When comparing the below 60-130 and 1/4 mile results, please keep in mind that variances in temperature, humidity, road surface conditions, tire grip, and driver input can all have a measurable impact on the data.

I mentioned some solid reaons why his time improved, and again he owns the M3 NA record 9.7, and the 997TT flash/exhaust record, so he knows what he's doing.
Drew, no disrespect brother but I wasn't asking you.
I was asking madsex. I saw your post but i never saw him post what he had.

I know he holds a couple records so does this mean that he keeps getting factory freaks?if we were talking manuals then I can see the comparison of shift times.
Who knows, maybe the atmospheric pressure is just incredibly high in Greece lol.
Actually, I'm very curious to see what you do with your LC motor. Hopefully you can do better or it's going to look a little strange.
__________________
e36 M3 Coupe, e36 325i Sedan
e90 335i--SOLD

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Mr. 5 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #61
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

Posts: 3,396
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
Drew, no disrespect brother but I wasn't asking you.
I was asking madsex. I saw your post but i never saw him post what he had.

I know he holds a couple records so does this mean that he keeps getting factory freaks?if we were talking manuals then I can see the comparison of shift times.
Who knows, maybe the atmospheric pressure is just incredibly high in Greece lol.
Actually, I'm very curious to see what you do with your LC motor. Hopefully you can do better or it's going to look a little strange.
None taken, but him telling me and then me posting the info isn't good enough for you? Costas, please answer his questions, I think they're fair.

Do you think it's a little strange that a car drops over 1 second off their time? That's all Costas did from his last run, according to him it's all do too traction. Regardless of what I run with my new setup, I have no doubt a LC motor running 11+psi will easily outrun a VT600 head to head, same day. But without good traction that time will be tough to beat.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi
DLSJ5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #62
madsex343
Private
 
madsex343's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Athens - Greece

Posts: 84
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
Not sure if you saw my post but I noticed that your time is quicker than the other ESS VT600 kit with 100 shot. Were you running any power adders or were you just running more boost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
Not sure if you saw my post but I noticed that your time is quicker than the other ESS VT600 kit with 100 shot. Were you running any power adders or were you just running more boost?
I am very sorry... I guess you must have missed the thread I opened here http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=665208
from the moment the time was official, huh...
No worries my friend as I am explaining there quite clearly I believe that there was no bogus hocus pocus stuff - it just happened!
As for ALL my other cars they were indeed ALL manual (this is my first auto) and I did in fact drive them quite a bit better than most other guys out there evidently! I even hold from 2005 the national stock M3 E46 1/4mile official record time and on street tyres and even today people who simply can not accept nor understand the difference between good and best are trying to figure it out... Now having said all this (and sorry for the delayed reply but I was away for a racing weekend at Yas Marina circuit UAE competing in the National Touring Car Championship), driving this dct M3 does not need half the skill needed to take the 997 up to it's max potential, however it does take some efforts and trials to get everything perfectly aligned for the perfect run! And a bit of luck at the same time I must add...
Nevertheless the car is easy breaking into mid -high 6's no matter what so that 1 perfect run at 6.2 although amazing and very fast is within reach apparently!
__________________
Now 2008 997tt tip APR 630HP + 2010 N54 135i manual flashed-CPE DP / Past: 2010 Euro E92 M3 DCT - M3 E92 all time 60-130MPH RECORD HOLDER @ 6.16sec (100-200km/h @ 5.2sec) + NA 60-130MPH RECORD HOLDER @ 9.7sec (100-200km/h @ 8.25sec) 2009 997tt APR 630HP (6.67s-5.5s), 2007 997tt Protomotive 600HP (7.18s-6.2s), 2003 996tt Protomotive 700HP (6.48s-5.5s), 2004 E46 M3, 2002 E46 M3, 1999 Z3M Roadster 3.2l(321HP), 1997 E36 M3 3.2l (321HP)
madsex343 is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #63
madsex343
Private
 
madsex343's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Athens - Greece

Posts: 84
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Do you think it's a little strange that a car drops over 1 second off their time? That's all Costas did from his last run, according to him it's all do too .
Well to be fair I told everyone from day one that the 7.4 time was NOT even close to what the car could actually do! It was simply a test run after break-in proving that the car was powerfull and was with stock tyres and starting in 3rd gear!!!! So this is not a case of me dropping 1.2 sec from my previous best as the previous best obviously was wayyy below my cars capabilities...
For God's sake how can we even compare the 2 runs starting in different gears when talking abt sg cars????
__________________
Now 2008 997tt tip APR 630HP + 2010 N54 135i manual flashed-CPE DP / Past: 2010 Euro E92 M3 DCT - M3 E92 all time 60-130MPH RECORD HOLDER @ 6.16sec (100-200km/h @ 5.2sec) + NA 60-130MPH RECORD HOLDER @ 9.7sec (100-200km/h @ 8.25sec) 2009 997tt APR 630HP (6.67s-5.5s), 2007 997tt Protomotive 600HP (7.18s-6.2s), 2003 996tt Protomotive 700HP (6.48s-5.5s), 2004 E46 M3, 2002 E46 M3, 1999 Z3M Roadster 3.2l(321HP), 1997 E36 M3 3.2l (321HP)
madsex343 is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      03-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #64
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
 
Mr. 5's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surf City, HB

Posts: 8,624
iTrader: (31)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsex343 View Post
I am very sorry... I guess you must have missed the thread I opened here http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=665208
from the moment the time was official, huh...
No worries my friend as I am explaining there quite clearly I believe that there was no bogus hocus pocus stuff - it just happened!
As for ALL my other cars they were indeed ALL manual (this is my first auto) and I did in fact drive them quite a bit better than most other guys out there evidently! I even hold from 2005 the national stock M3 E46 1/4mile official record time and on street tyres and even today people who simply can not accept nor understand the difference between good and best are trying to figure it out... Now having said all this (and sorry for the delayed reply but I was away for a racing weekend at Yas Marina circuit UAE competing in the National Touring Car Championship), driving this dct M3 does not need half the skill needed to take the 997 up to it's max potential, however it does take some efforts and trials to get everything perfectly aligned for the perfect run! And a bit of luck at the same time I must add...
Nevertheless the car is easy breaking into mid -high 6's no matter what so that 1 perfect run at 6.2 although amazing and very fast is within reach apparently!
Wow. That's extremely impressive.
I have a feeling that you will be at the top of the list for a while.
Oh Yah and I didn't see the other thread btw. Thanks
__________________
e36 M3 Coupe, e36 325i Sedan
e90 335i--SOLD

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Mr. 5 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      03-26-2012, 01:38 PM   #65
madsex343
Private
 
madsex343's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Athens - Greece

Posts: 84
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
Wow. That's extremely impressive.
I have a feeling that you will be at the top of the list for a while.
Oh Yah and I didn't see the other thread btw. Thanks
Thanks man
__________________
Now 2008 997tt tip APR 630HP + 2010 N54 135i manual flashed-CPE DP / Past: 2010 Euro E92 M3 DCT - M3 E92 all time 60-130MPH RECORD HOLDER @ 6.16sec (100-200km/h @ 5.2sec) + NA 60-130MPH RECORD HOLDER @ 9.7sec (100-200km/h @ 8.25sec) 2009 997tt APR 630HP (6.67s-5.5s), 2007 997tt Protomotive 600HP (7.18s-6.2s), 2003 996tt Protomotive 700HP (6.48s-5.5s), 2004 E46 M3, 2002 E46 M3, 1999 Z3M Roadster 3.2l(321HP), 1997 E36 M3 3.2l (321HP)
madsex343 is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      03-31-2012, 02:36 PM   #66
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
 
DLSJ5's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

Posts: 3,396
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Think we can ever hit these times?

Recently I've been working with the creator of "vBox Verify" -- a program that will scan and verify all of your vBox files. vBox Verification is much more than checking for slope. vBox Verify will also check for missing satellite signals, corrupt sample rates, missing and corrupt data as well as slope. vBox Verify will scan a vBox file for a series of velocity and distance tests.

Velocity Tests:
0-60 MPH (-1% slope)
0-100 KPH (-1% slope)
0-100 MPH (-1% slope)
100-200 KPH (-3% slope)
60-130 MPH (-3% slope)
100-150 MPH (-3% slope)
0-300 KPH (-2% slope)

Distance Tests:
1/8 Mile (NHRA Rules)
1/4 Mile (NHRA Rules)
1/2 Mile (Texas Mile Rules)
1-Mile (Texas Mile Rules)

To test the program, Race Logic (manufacturer of vBox) donated a series of files to ensure compatibility with all vBox file formats and all vBox sample rates. The files were a mixture of different formats, data types, and sample reates and were intended to find bugs and ensure compatibility in the vBox Verify program.

One of the files they donated not only shows off the vBox Verify program itself, but the car and vBox used to capture the data. The device was Race Logic's flagship vBox-3i, 100Hz sample rate. The car and file came from Richard Hammond's "Jet Car" featured on the BBC TV show "Top Gear." What you are about to see came directly from the vBox file on Richard Hammond's Jet Car.

If you ever wanted to know how well a Jet Car performs in a 60-130, 1/4 Mile, or Standing Mile, then enjoy the graphs below. The graphs were generated from the vBox file used during the Jet Car test as discussed on Top Gear. On the very next run, the tire blew out at 288 MPH and the Jet Car crashed, and Richard Hammond was injured.

One thing to notice: vBox Verify will auto-scale the axis regardless of the data. And when you get to the bottom and your jaw drops, the answer to the question you are about to ask is "Yes!" Yes, the Jet Car ran the standing mile in 305.242 MPH even though the parachute opened before the end of the mile.

100-200 KPH:


60-130 MPH:


1/4 Mile:


Standing Mile:
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ @ 7.2psi - 94 octane / Water meth
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq@13.5 psi
DLSJ5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST