BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
gongju
Private First Class
5
Rep
130
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 JBMetallic e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: TX

iTrader: (0)

Extra Charge for changing order?

My order was placed for a 2012 last week and today I decided I wanted to add an option on the car. Not only does my SA want to charge me MSRP for the option, he said he has to add a $200 charge to add it to the build? Has anyone else experienced this?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
tlp
Colonel
tlp's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
2,066
Posts

 
Drives: '11 e92 M3 SG/FR
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 BMW e92 M3  [4.55]
I would cancel and find another dealer. That is BS.
__________________
My Coding Journal
Current - '11 e92 M3 SG/FR ZCP|ZCV|ZP2|2MK|494|415|6NR|752
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
157
Rep
13,121
Posts


 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlp View Post
I would cancel and find another dealer. That is BS.
+1
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
JulieDriving's Avatar
30
Rep
2,308
Posts

 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
That is BS. My dealer actually told me not to worry, I could change whatever I'd like (same negotiated % off MSRP) before the start of production.
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 05:46 PM   #5
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
174
Rep
11,206
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gongju View Post
My order was placed for a 2012 last week and today I decided I wanted to add an option on the car. Not only does my SA want to charge me MSRP for the option, he said he has to add a $200 charge to add it to the build? Has anyone else experienced this?
The only way that I can see this happening is when a "customer" is wasting the time of the salesperson, as in no intention of actually going thru the deal.

Not that it is OK, not that the "customer" deserves this. But this is something that a mofo salesperson will do just to make the "customer" go away or simply to test how far this farce can go on.

Are you that "customer"? If not then cancel your order and get the hell out of that crappy place. This is very simple.
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: Gone
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #6
gongju
Private First Class
5
Rep
130
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 JBMetallic e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: TX

iTrader: (0)

Yeah, I canceled it. But I was definitely not 'that' customer since I already put down my deposit and the order was placed and good to go. Now off to Ryan Amico!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
The only way that I can see this happening is when a "customer" is wasting the time of the salesperson, as in no intention of actually going thru the deal.

Not that it is OK, not that the "customer" deserves this. But this is something that a mofo salesperson will do just to make the "customer" go away or simply to test how far this farce can go on.

Are you that "customer"? If not then cancel your order and get the hell out of that crappy place. This is very simple.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST