BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

BPM Sport
View Poll Results: Stick the euro license plate back on?
Yes 32 28.57%
No 80 71.43%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

01-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #23
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PINHEAD View Post
eurotrash is the new rice
Care to elaborate?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #24
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhird View Post
As long as it is real put it back on, colors go well with your car. Home many people riding around NC with a plate like that ? Not many. For many of us it tells a story. I would bet most people hating on this idea did not have the opportunity to drive their M in Germany. Having said that I have not put mine back on yet but probably will one of these days. Mine with and without
Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #25
tvieso
Runner. Adventurer. Designer.
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 E92 M3 (MW)

I think Euro plates look pretty cool, especially the one you have. It's native to BMW and it goes well with the white car. The car looks good with & without it though. Don't listen to all the cynics on here. Do you what you want, man!

2012 E92 M3 | MW | DCT | KW V3 | Edition Cosmetics | 19" MORR VS8.2 - Brushed w/ Tinted Clear | F1 Pinnacle 35%
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #26
P1et
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: '11 X5 | '11 135i

As a European, I have no clue why you would want to put a European plate on a car that's registered in the US. US number plates are smaller, so if you have to put plates on, then put on US plates. And if you can get away with no plate, then put no plates on. With front plates, the smaller, the better.

I don't see anyone in Germany drive around with North Carolina plates...

The most terrible thing I've seen so far is having a Euro plate in the back with a US plate on top of it. Cannot get uglier.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #27
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep

Drives: Smoothly

I voted yes. I don't have mine on because of my job, but I would if I didn't have to comply. I like these cars with Euro plates on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #28
tommy94gt
Captain
Rep

Drives: E92 AW M3

Definitely leave it off and if you think its missing something get some kind of a lip or splitters. Way cleaner without the plate though...
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 09:43 PM   #29
SergioPark
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 E92 m3

Off! I hate Euro plates on cars in the US. Just my preference.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #30
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep

Drives: E92M3/997.2RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyav8tor View Post
Care to elaborate?
care to elaborate?
you're doing what those kids back in the days when before even fast furious came out. What did they do? put AUTHENTIC japanese plates on their cars.
you guys call them rice, but apparently when euro cars do it its no longer rice?
fit big rims that is flushed to fenders, modify exhaust, etc. etc. its all been done before, 10 years ago. You might say they have fart can exhaust but that is simply what 4bangers sound like, and ours is deep and throaty because thats what 8 cylinders sound like. Ever heard of a E36 or E46 M3 with an exhaust, pretty damn fartcan too. I know I had one. Now you see these euro cars put huge wings on their cars and then suddenly its "functional" and not a shopping kart? What a throwback. There was plenty of RWD JDM cars back in the day too, and they were called rice.
you want to put a euro plate on your "euro" car, go ahead its your car ur free to do what you want. But I dont know what kind of "style" you're into but how a plate with numbers on it is atheistically pleasing than a clean flowing bumper, I have no idea.

My point is, your "euro" car is now in America, so take off the euro plate and just rock the plate of your state. You're in the military? put a sticker on that shows your patriotism and that you serve our country. you will get much more respect from that than because you drive a "euro" car.
      01-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #31
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
care to elaborate?
you're doing what those kids back in the days when before even fast furious came out. What did they do? put AUTHENTIC japanese plates on their cars.
you guys call them rice, but apparently when euro cars do it its no longer rice?
fit big rims that is flushed to fenders, modify exhaust, etc. etc. its all been done before, 10 years ago. You might say they have fart can exhaust but that is simply what 4bangers sound like, and ours is deep and throaty because thats what 8 cylinders sound like. Ever heard of a E36 or E46 M3 with an exhaust, pretty damn fartcan too. I know I had one. Now you see these euro cars put huge wings on their cars and then suddenly its "functional" and not a shopping kart? What a throwback. There was plenty of RWD JDM cars back in the day too, and they were called rice.
you want to put a euro plate on your "euro" car, go ahead its your car ur free to do what you want. But I dont know what kind of "style" you're into but how a plate with numbers on it is atheistically pleasing than a clean flowing bumper, I have no idea.

My point is, your "euro" car is now in America, so take off the euro plate and just rock the plate of your state. You're in the military? put a sticker on that shows your patriotism and that you serve our country. you will get much more respect from that than because you drive a "euro" car.
I really don't see how the "rice" term is relevant to this topic. I can take the line about the plate messing with the flow of the bumper but all the junk before that is just random rambling about how you don't like huge wings or something. As others have pointed out, the German front plate tells a story, a little history of the car. I thought we were car enthusiasts here but apparently we are all euro rice.

Finally, I don't need to put patriotic stickers on my car to show my patriotism because I am in the military and I'm certainly not looking to get respect from driving a "euro" car. That is so far out in left field it leads me to think you've got some issues.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 10:24 PM   #32
tommy94gt
Captain
Rep

Drives: E92 AW M3

It really all comes down to personal preference. People will try to overanalyze what you are trying to communicate by having a europlate on your car, and at the end of the day it really is just what it is - a license plate you used in Europe. Like it? Leave it.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #33
motortrend
Goldmember
Rep

Drives: EM Siree

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post

I don't see anyone in Germany drive around with North Carolina plates...
What about Florida plates?

Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #34
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep

Quote:
I really don't see how the "rice" term is relevant to this topic. I can take the line about the plate messing with the flow of the bumper but all the junk before that is just random rambling about how you don't like huge wings or something. As others have pointed out, the German front plate tells a story, a little history of the car. I thought we were car enthusiasts here but apparently we are all euro rice.

Finally, I don't need to put patriotic stickers on my car to show my patriotism because I am in the military and I'm certainly not looking to get respect from driving a "euro" car. That is so far out in left field it leads me to think you've got some issues.
i dont have issues, my euro car is riced the fuck out and I love it but its my car so I do what i want. but i wont rock something on my car to prove a point or a story.
      01-01-2012, 10:48 PM   #35
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
i dont have issues, my euro car is riced the fuck out and I love it but its my car so I do what i want. but i wont rock something on my car to prove a point or a story.
Do you not see how you are contradicting yourself?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #36
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
Monaco
Rep

Quote:
Do you not see how you are contradicting yourself?
how am I contradicting myself? Everything I put on my car is there for performance and most people would have called it rice, but its called "functional" now, I don't care for that but I wont put a sticker or plate on my car because it tells a story etc. My previous post was to prove that this has been done before, putting a foreign plate on a car to prove a point or tell a story, and in my opinion, that is real rice or in this case "euro trash".

again this is just my opinion, its your car you can do whatever you want. BMWs and Audi's with the German plate are all over LA that I almost see it daily, and its usually some Asian kid driving the car...
      01-02-2012, 12:22 AM   #37
bigjae1976
That's what she said...
Rep

Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Why ask the question? Sounds like you want to put the plate on...so put it on.

Sponsored by Momentum BMW #593...We Bleed BMW BLUE!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 05:35 AM   #38
BMWPower06
A^M=G is nothing w/o the Power of ///M
United_States
Rep

Drives: ///M5 & ///M3

Send a message via AIM to BMWPower06
looks so much better without a plate.
      01-02-2012, 06:56 AM   #39
Stronghammer
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by motortrend View Post

Probably not many NC plates in Europe but I bet there are a few people walking around with Duke or UNC jerseys on. They should be striped of such and told to stick with European sporting teams
Mods: ESS VT1, MS test pipes, 19 BBS CH-R, Eibach pro springs, Painted reflectors, carbon fiber grills, Painted side markers with dark tinted lenses, 30% tint, Arkym rear diffuser, Innotech axle back exhaust, Performance spoiler
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 07:30 AM   #40
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
how am I contradicting myself? Everything I put on my car is there for performance and most people would have called it rice, but its called "functional" now, I don't care for that but I wont put a sticker or plate on my car because it tells a story etc. My previous post was to prove that this has been done before, putting a foreign plate on a car to prove a point or tell a story, and in my opinion, that is real rice or in this case "euro trash".

again this is just my opinion, its your car you can do whatever you want. BMWs and Audi's with the German plate are all over LA that I almost see it daily, and its usually some Asian kid driving the car...
Irrelevant rambling: Still talking about how your huge salad bar sneeze guard (you call it a shopping kart) is rice when an Euro front license plate is obviously not a performance upgrade (I think they call it a cosmetic upgrade or downgrade) so what's the point of saying all that junk?

Contradiction: It's OK for me to stick patriotic stickers on my car to "prove a point" or tell a story and to earn "respect" but it is "euro trash" when I stick a license plate to do the same?

Jackass comment: Associating German plate in a derogatory way with Euro trash/ rice/ fart can and some Asian kid driving the car in LA. Seems kind of racist and oh yeah, I'm Chinese.

Conclusion: You have no idea what you are talking about. I'm done with you.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #41
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
Why ask the question? Sounds like you want to put the plate on...so put it on.
You're right! It was new years eve, my wife gave me a shot of something strong and I decided that it would be fun to see what people thinks about sticking the front plate back on. Not what I expected, but glad I asked the question because now I know the state and mind set of this nation (not as a whole but the increasing number of idiots out there who will do harm to other people's property based on their misguided believes/ stereotypes). Sad really... The M3 will now go out in public less than before. Luckily I've got my ricey Mazdaspeed3 to have fun in! Nobody cares about the ricey Speed3 because it's not Euro trash.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 07:46 AM   #42
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep

Garage List
From the Nurburgring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motortrend View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhird View Post

Probably not many NC plates in Europe but I bet there are a few people walking around with Duke or UNC jerseys on. They should be striped of such and told to stick with European sporting teams
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #43
P1et
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: '11 X5 | '11 135i

Look, you've obviously already made up your mind that you want the little Euro front plate on your M3. You certainly are being very defensive about it.

I'm not certain what point you're trying to make with your photos above. I was in London for Christmas to be with my family, and yes, I see cars driving around with out of country/continent number plates. That's because they're registered there. Nothing more, nothing less.

Is your car registered in Germany? Then have German number plates. If it's registered in North Carolina, then have NC plates.

I drive a 3/4 ton Dodge Ram. It was made in Mexico. Should I have a Mexican front plate?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 01:18 PM   #44
Denk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 ZCP

Only if it's a Munich plate.
Appreciate 0