BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-30-2011, 10:21 PM   #1
Limey
EXC MIII
 
Limey's Avatar
 
Drives: on the wrong side
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 949

Posts: 187
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Awesome Baby Seat etc

Just got my baby seat etc installed on my late 2011 e90. Originally dyno\'d at 363.7 at the wheels which seems unusually healthy. Keen to see how it dynos after the pulley is installed next week and will post all the stats then. Hoping to break 400. Mods include M Performance steering wheel, knock off M pedals, UUC short shifter, Graco baby seat, 30% tiny, umbra grey powder coated rims, BMW carbon fiber spoiler and front splitters, matt black kidney grilles and hood vents, keyhole delete, clear side reflectors, painted side markers, RPI ram sir scoops and filter, and AE Performance exhaust.

All work expertly performed by Betim at BBI Autosport, Huntington Beach.

They did an amazing job, have a v serious shop and I highly recommend them. Pm me if you want their info.

Standby for dyno results next week....
Attached Images
            
__________________
2011 E90 M3 ZCP: Harrop Supercharger | Challenge Sport X-Pipe | AE Performance Muffler | Macht Schnell Cold Air Intake | BMW Performance Parts & IND Cosmetics | UUC SSK | Advan AD08R | Project Kicks | Ceramic Pro etc etc

Last edited by Limey; 12-30-2011 at 11:04 PM. Reason: added photos
Limey is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
Money2536
Major
 
Money2536's Avatar
 
Drives: ' 15 M3 | '14 911 C2S
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Villages, FL

Posts: 1,136
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
How are you going to break 400 with a pulley and an axle-back exhaust? I'm assuming you missed detailing a cat delete.
__________________
Money2536 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2011, 11:23 PM   #3
Foodle
Captain
 
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: PA

Posts: 769
iTrader: (0)

Why use the belt instead of the latch system? Didn't you get a latch equipped belt with the seat?

Also, will your baby basket fit in there as configured? When we had tiny ones, we put the infant seat in the center.
Foodle is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2011, 11:34 PM   #4
Limey
EXC MIII
 
Limey's Avatar
 
Drives: on the wrong side
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 949

Posts: 187
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodle View Post
Why use the belt instead of the latch system? Didn't you get a latch equipped belt with the seat?

Also, will your baby basket fit in there as configured? When we had tiny ones, we put the infant seat in the center.
Just added the belt over the latch system. Yeh the passenger seat will need to move forward a tad.
__________________
2011 E90 M3 ZCP: Harrop Supercharger | Challenge Sport X-Pipe | AE Performance Muffler | Macht Schnell Cold Air Intake | BMW Performance Parts & IND Cosmetics | UUC SSK | Advan AD08R | Project Kicks | Ceramic Pro etc etc
Limey is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2011, 11:37 PM   #5
Limey
EXC MIII
 
Limey's Avatar
 
Drives: on the wrong side
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 949

Posts: 187
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Money2536 View Post
How are you going to break 400 with a pulley and an axle-back exhaust? I'm assuming you missed detailing a cat delete.
BBI reckon I'll get at least 20 whp off the axle back pipes alone, up to 10 from the air scoops and up to 10 from the pulley. 400 is definitely a push but hoping to get there.
__________________
2011 E90 M3 ZCP: Harrop Supercharger | Challenge Sport X-Pipe | AE Performance Muffler | Macht Schnell Cold Air Intake | BMW Performance Parts & IND Cosmetics | UUC SSK | Advan AD08R | Project Kicks | Ceramic Pro etc etc
Limey is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2011, 11:53 PM   #6
BostonRocket
Private
 
Drives: 2006 BMW M5
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 92
iTrader: (0)

I'd fold the seat pad to bend upwards and cover the the lowest vertical section as well. Speaking from experience.

-Chris
BostonRocket is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2011, 12:00 AM   #7
Limey
EXC MIII
 
Limey's Avatar
 
Drives: on the wrong side
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 949

Posts: 187
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonRocket View Post
I'd fold the seat pad to bend upwards and cover the the lowest vertical section as well. Speaking from experience.

-Chris
Thank you Chris. Clearly I'm focusing way too much on the performance mods and overlooking the numerous complex and important issues surrounding baby seats. It's clearly time for a dedicated E90 M3?baby seat and toddler health and safety forum for those of us stuck with practical and dull M3 family sedans

Enough with my expensive and selfish performance mods.
__________________
2011 E90 M3 ZCP: Harrop Supercharger | Challenge Sport X-Pipe | AE Performance Muffler | Macht Schnell Cold Air Intake | BMW Performance Parts & IND Cosmetics | UUC SSK | Advan AD08R | Project Kicks | Ceramic Pro etc etc
Limey is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2011, 12:01 AM   #8
geneatals
Ninja
 
geneatals's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: So Cal (SFV)

Posts: 3,202
iTrader: (2)

man those tips are sticking far out, that an e92 exhaust?
__________________
2011.5 E90 M3 AW l Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL l Pics/Mods
Retired: 2008 535i l AW l Black Dakota Leather l Bamboo Anthracite l ZPP l ZSP l 6FL
geneatals is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2011, 12:02 AM   #9
BLACK OPS
Captain
 
BLACK OPS's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NM, USA

Posts: 776
iTrader: (0)

Very nice ride I'm getting pretty good myself working my 1.5 yr old in the back of my coupe!

I'm thinking matte black (or white) painted reflectors would look better than the clear reflectors. Beyond that......
BLACK OPS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2011, 12:07 AM   #10
kitw
Colonel
 
kitw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 MW M3/2014 Boxster S
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 2,390
iTrader: (14)

I really hate the US infant seat bases. I really wish we could use the European ISOFIX system, since the US infant bases have almost no resistance to side to side movement. Yes, infant seats are better in that they have side protection crash absorbing foams, but still, the Euro stuff is so much better.

__________________
IMG_3969-Edit by kitw, on Flickr
kitw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2011, 12:09 AM   #11
Limey
EXC MIII
 
Limey's Avatar
 
Drives: on the wrong side
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 949

Posts: 187
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK OPS View Post
Very nice ride I'm getting pretty good myself working my 1.5 yr old in the back of my coupe!

I'm thinking matte black (or white) painted reflectors would look better than the clear reflectors. Beyond that......
Yeh just thought I'd try something different. Personally I like them cos they look more functional and theres no way I'm touching the buggers after spending a good hour fishing them out from inside the bumper with a stick and duct tape after trying to clip them in.
__________________
2011 E90 M3 ZCP: Harrop Supercharger | Challenge Sport X-Pipe | AE Performance Muffler | Macht Schnell Cold Air Intake | BMW Performance Parts & IND Cosmetics | UUC SSK | Advan AD08R | Project Kicks | Ceramic Pro etc etc
Limey is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2011, 12:16 AM   #12
aus
Major General
 
Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

Posts: 7,298
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitw View Post
I really hate the US infant seat bases. I really wish we could use the European ISOFIX system, since the US infant bases have almost no resistance to side to side movement. Yes, infant seats are better in that they have side protection crash absorbing foams, but still, the Euro stuff is so much better.

A properly installed seat or base will not move. Unfortunately, something like 95% of seats/bases are installed wrong. You should be sweating to some degree after installing one.

.
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
aus is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2011, 12:47 AM   #13
BLACK OPS
Captain
 
BLACK OPS's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NM, USA

Posts: 776
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonGentleman View Post
Yeh just thought I'd try something different. Personally I like them cos they look more functional and theres no way I'm touching the buggers after spending a good hour fishing them out from inside the bumper with a stick and duct tape after trying to clip them in.
LOL. That's funny. I briefly asked myself how I would get it out but fortunately that didn't happen. Now I know.
BLACK OPS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2011, 02:59 AM   #14
saeedg48
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 12 CLS63 + 14 M6 C
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Unknown

Posts: 3,499
iTrader: (1)

jesus i love those wheels!
__________________


2008 M3 Sedan + TestPipes + Tune [sold]

2012 CLS63 AMG + P30 Performance Package
2014 M6 Coupe + AMS Downpipes + KW V3
saeedg48 is offline   Iran
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2011, 03:33 AM   #15
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,762
iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonGentleman View Post
BBI reckon I'll get at least 20 whp off the axle back pipes alone, up to 10 from the air scoops and up to 10 from the pulley. 400 is definitely a push but hoping to get there.
Sorry to bust your hopes...but you'll be lucky to get 2-5whp from an axel back

You'll need an Xpipe, specifically one that is catless or at least deletes the primaries, in order to get the 20whp boost.
But I could see how one could confuse the axel back adding power vs the xpipe

your 10 from a pulley is fine, 8-12 is what I've heard

but how the heck did you get 10 from scoops? this I've never heard before.. scoops do not make 10 whp on any application...I'm really curious...this I cann't understand...

To break 400 whp, you'll need full bolt ons: pulley filter full exhaust tune.

Wheels look sick, and hope your child loves the car. Sick pedals too


Have you had your car dynoed elsewhere? cause your 363 is amazing! I envy it hehe.
What type of dyno was it on?
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2011, 05:57 AM   #16
GIdriver
Major
 
GIdriver's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SG/FR E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Somewhere in Time

Posts: 1,341
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Sorry to bust your hopes...but you'll be lucky to get 2-5whp from an axel back

You'll need an Xpipe, specifically one that is catless or at least deletes the primaries, in order to get the 20whp boost.
But I could see how one could confuse the axel back adding power vs the xpipe

your 10 from a pulley is fine, 8-12 is what I've heard

but how the heck did you get 10 from scoops? this I've never heard before.. scoops do not make 10 whp on any application...I'm really curious...this I cann't understand...

To break 400 whp, you'll need full bolt ons: pulley filter full exhaust tune.

Wheels look sick, and hope your child loves the car. Sick pedals too


Have you had your car dynoed elsewhere? cause your 363 is amazing! I envy it hehe.
What type of dyno was it on?
+1
GIdriver is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2011, 10:14 AM   #17
Limey
EXC MIII
 
Limey's Avatar
 
Drives: on the wrong side
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 949

Posts: 187
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Sorry to bust your hopes...but you'll be lucky to get 2-5whp from an axel back

You'll need an Xpipe, specifically one that is catless or at least deletes the primaries, in order to get the 20whp boost.
But I could see how one could confuse the axel back adding power vs the xpipe

your 10 from a pulley is fine, 8-12 is what I've heard

but how the heck did you get 10 from scoops? this I've never heard before.. scoops do not make 10 whp on any application...I'm really curious...this I cann't understand...

To break 400 whp, you'll need full bolt ons: pulley filter full exhaust tune.

Wheels look sick, and hope your child loves the car. Sick pedals too


Have you had your car dynoed elsewhere? cause your 363 is amazing! I envy it hehe.
What type of dyno was it on?
Here's the exhaust and air scoop/filter spec:

http://shoprpi.com/product_info.php?...e54cb338bab011

http://www.**********s.com/AE-Perfor...90-E92-E93.htm

We queried the power increase and these manufacturers were very confident about the gains, which is why my shop recommended it. We will see.

Should have all the dyno info next week but I agree it does seem v. healthy. This is my second M3 so I'm very used to the feel of the car and I noticed a significant power increase from mid range and up after the install. Wife said the same but probably cos that was the smart thing to do :-)
__________________
2011 E90 M3 ZCP: Harrop Supercharger | Challenge Sport X-Pipe | AE Performance Muffler | Macht Schnell Cold Air Intake | BMW Performance Parts & IND Cosmetics | UUC SSK | Advan AD08R | Project Kicks | Ceramic Pro etc etc
Limey is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2011, 11:13 AM   #18
GIdriver
Major
 
GIdriver's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SG/FR E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Somewhere in Time

Posts: 1,341
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonGentleman View Post
Here's the exhaust and air scoop/filter spec:

http://shoprpi.com/product_info.php?...e54cb338bab011

http://www.**********s.com/AE-Perfor...90-E92-E93.htm

We queried the power increase and these manufacturers were very confident about the gains, which is why my shop recommended it. We will see.

Should have all the dyno info next week but I agree it does seem v. healthy. This is my second M3 so I'm very used to the feel of the car and I noticed a significant power increase from mid range and up after the install. Wife said the same but probably cos that was the smart thing to do :-)
I sure will like to see that dyno info WITHOUT and WITH RPI scoops.
GIdriver is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2011, 11:30 AM   #19
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,065
iTrader: (44)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Nice car.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2011, 11:47 AM   #20
GIdriver
Major
 
GIdriver's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SG/FR E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Somewhere in Time

Posts: 1,341
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonGentleman View Post
Here's someone else's til I get my hands on mine:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ight=Rpi+scoop
Yeah, I read that before. The thing is I think it doesn't make a difference. I would like to see those gains on an independent dyno. I have the scoops and never installed them. Made research after buying
GIdriver is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2011, 11:52 AM   #21
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,762
iTrader: (291)

I have scoops, had them on my 335i and now my M3

Why do I have them? the red looks cool when looking at it.

There is no performance gain.

Sorry LondonGentleman, I don't mean to be pessimistic, just being realistic.

Also, you shouldn't blindly believe all the claims from those who are trying to selling you the product...
Anyways, I am really curious to see your personal dyno results.

I would love to see you do a dyno after the axel back and scoop install.

But again, what type of dyno did you use to get your stock figure?

Last edited by persian54; 12-31-2011 at 01:11 PM.
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2011, 11:56 AM   #22
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,065
iTrader: (44)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
I have scoops, had them on my 335i and now my M3

Why do I have them? the red cools cool when looking at it straight.

There is no performance gain.

Sorry LondonGentleman, I don't mean to be pessimistic, just being realistic.

Also, you shouldn't blindly believe all the claims from those who are trying to selling you the product...
Anyways, I am really curious to see your personal dyno results.

I would love to see you do a dyno after the axel back and scoop install.

But again, what type of dyno did you use to get your stock figure?
+1

Anyone who believes the gains claimed by RPi should have their heads examined. I have some stickers that will give you 10hp each. Check the for sale section for them.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST