BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #23
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
2

 
Drives: B744
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Up In The Air


Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
On the topic of reliability, there's really no point to this conversation at all. These cars aren't daily drivers.

The veyron is going to need new tires just as often as the gTr is in for service anyway.

But at least when the gtr breaks there's warranty. When tires go on veyron, you're out of pocket.
set of gtr tires last around 10k with 'spirited' street driving, in my experience. a new set of OE tires, which are really good rubber, runs about $1800. DIY oil change every 3k for $60, brake pads every 10k $800, other fluids changed every 10k $700. that's about all the regular expenses a gtr has. yes, the gtr has a warranty, but the people that try to sell a gtr based on the fact that it has a warranty are the same people that get online and bitch later about how they feel they've been wronged by nissan because something was denied warranty. it is what it is. like i said in my above post, if you can't afford to pay for supercar maintenance, then don't buy a car with supercar performance, because it will command supercar bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
The GT-R is a SICK car and probably the best car for the money, best value, etc.
this is why people buy gtr's. it's the best bang for the buck you can get. handles like a ferrari, acceleration like a rocket, and cheapest to own and operate out of any car in it's performance class. you can't get that with any other car under $200k.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #24
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
43

 
Q4P's Avatar
 
Drives: Too Much
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: World


Posts: 2,296
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
a stock gtr is just as reliable as any bmw. trust me, it is. i own a gtr, therefore i am much more qualified to spout off facts than your "facts". where the reliability stops is when you modify it. becomes a really expensive car then. but then again, find me a car that's reliable when modified for high HP. better yet...think a veyron is reliable or cheap to operate? no way! case in point, you gotta pay to play, and if you're worried about a warranty, then a frumpy stock bmw is for you. the rest of your BS is opinion. btw, launch control was NEVER deprogrammed from the software, there have just been different versions (LC1, LC2, LC3).
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
set of gtr tires last around 10k with 'spirited' street driving, in my experience. a new set of OE tires, which are really good rubber, runs about $1800. DIY oil change every 3k for $60, brake pads every 10k $800, other fluids changed every 10k $700. that's about all the regular expenses a gtr has. yes, the gtr has a warranty, but the people that try to sell a gtr based on the fact that it has a warranty are the same people that get online and bitch later about how they feel they've been wronged by nissan because something was denied warranty. it is what it is. like i said in my above post, if you can't afford to pay for supercar maintenance, then don't buy a car with supercar performance, because it will command supercar bills.



this is why people buy gtr's. it's the best bang for the buck you can get. handles like a ferrari, acceleration like a rocket, and cheapest to own and operate out of any car in it's performance class. you can't get that with any other car under $200k.
Thank you for being the only person with a head on his body in this thread (and an owner with first hand experience no less). E90soflo proved my point with the blabber in his last comment.
__________________
2jZ + RB26 + 4G63 + LS9 + N54 =
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #25
Spool
******
Vietnam
255

 
Spool's Avatar
 
Drives: A few
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DC Metro


Posts: 6,164
iTrader: (24)

10s is considered slow these days..

Put this Veyron up against SW's Supra, it would get crapped on...but then again, so much more class...i know what you all are thinking, not fair to put up a street car vs an all out drag car, but SW's car is a 6spd street car...


this had nothing to do with the fact that i used to own a Supra btw, just sayin' happy new year!
__________________


MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #26
E90SoFlo
Banned
106

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL


Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

Well I think most everyone feels the same way. I would rather drive my BMW 335 then a NISSAN Gt-R, I don't see it as a "super car" considering its not priced to be one. It would be a daily and honestly its not a classy enough or comfortable enough car to be driven daily (which is what you do with a 100k car)
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 09:31 PM   #27
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
2

 
Drives: B744
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Up In The Air


Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
Well I think most everyone feels the same way. I would rather drive my BMW 335 then a NISSAN Gt-R, I don't see it as a "super car" considering its not priced to be one. It would be a daily and honestly its not a classy enough or comfortable enough car to be driven daily (which is what you do with a 100k car)
you really don't get it, do you? gtr can be driven daily, but highly impractical for that application. every gtr owner i know daily drives something else, including myself. it rides like a red flyer wagon. most cars over $100k aren't what you drive every day. but more to the point, the gtr is a supercar by performance standards. you can hate as much as you want, but you really are clearly speaking from inexperience. go drive one and tell me you would rather drive a massively produced, average luxury car over a car that handles and performs better than 99% of all the other cars on the road. that's the fact. but hey...if mediocrity is all you strive for, then more power to you. myself, i love to drive fast and hug the corners. classy is also a matter of extreme opinion.

don't get my wrong, i love bmw's. i just don't look at them like high performance sports cars in their factory form. the reality is they're mass produced, high quality, good performance luxury cars. i would totally daily an f10 m5 and drive the gtr on a nice day.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #28
E90SoFlo
Banned
106

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL


Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
you really don't get it, do you? gtr can be driven daily, but highly impractical for that application. every gtr owner i know daily drives something else, including myself. it rides like a red flyer wagon. most cars over $100k aren't what you drive every day. but more to the point, the gtr is a supercar by performance standards. you can hate as much as you want, but you really are clearly speaking from inexperience. go drive one and tell me you would rather drive a massively produced, average luxury car over a car that handles and performs better than 99% of all the other cars on the road. that's the fact. but hey...if mediocrity is all you strive for, then more power to you. myself, i love to drive fast and hug the corners. classy is also a matter of extreme opinion.

don't get my wrong, i love bmw's. i just don't look at them like high performance sports cars in their factory form. the reality is they're mass produced, high quality, good performance luxury cars. i would totally daily an f10 m5 and drive the gtr on a nice day.
I have driven one, twice. Both times as I get in them, i feel as Im getting into a Nissan. Obviously your opinion towards this subject is off considering you settled to own a Nissan as a "super car". But as anything, if you're happy settling with the Mustang 5.0 of the "super cars" then good for you.

I don't consider ANY BMW a "super car" thats reserved for car's that when you get in, you notice EVERYTHING is super, hand stitching, carbon fiber everything etc etc. Not a big motor that goes fast in a Japanese styled car.



Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #29
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
43

 
Q4P's Avatar
 
Drives: Too Much
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: World


Posts: 2,296
iTrader: (0)

Dude, you're reasoning makes me laugh... You laugh at the GTR because its still a Nissan yet it in its newest reiteration can blow the doors of that Gallardo 100% stock for 1/3 the price. The moment $1000 worth of mods comes in; then we don't have anything to discuss.

As far as exclusivity; I hate to tell you but that Gallardo (by your very sound reasoning) is still a VW with a big V10 motor. What's even funnier is that the same motor, stereo, navi and numerous interior bits is used in the much more plebeian Audi R8 V10 which can be had for $160K; which is less than an S65 AMG mercedes (that must be a supercar by your standards as well). To make it even funnier; that same stereo, navi and other interior bits can be had in even lesser Audi's (so much for exclusivity). I've driven a 2006 Gallardo which cost 250K brand new and it's interior was next to no different than any Audi I've been in. Thanks for showing the interior of the most exclusive Gallardo as well... I guess you've never heard of the Nissan GTR egoist edition in Japan.
__________________
2jZ + RB26 + 4G63 + LS9 + N54 =
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #30
E90SoFlo
Banned
106

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL


Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforpower View Post
Dude, you're reasoning makes me laugh... You laugh at the GTR because its still a Nissan yet it in its newest reiteration can blow the doors of that Gallardo 100% stock for 1/3 the price. The moment $1000 worth of mods comes in; then we don't have anything to discuss.

As far as exclusivity; I hate to tell you but that Gallardo (by your very sound reasoning) is still a VW with a big V10 motor. What's even funnier is that the same motor, stereo, navi and numerous interior bits is used in the much more plebeian Audi R8 V10 which can be had for $160K; which is less than an S65 AMG mercedes (that must be a supercar by your standards as well). To make it even funnier; that same stereo, navi and other interior bits can be had in even lesser Audi's (so much for exclusivity). I've driven a 2006 Gallardo which cost 250K brand new and it's interior was next to no different than any Audi I've been in. Thanks for showing the interior of the most exclusive Gallardo as well... I guess you've never heard of the Nissan GTR egoist edition in Japan.
My buddies honda can run 9's... You can own that for $24,000.. But thats not "super" enough for you? Because............ You logic fails, If you want super fast cheap, go buy any car and for 1/10th of the price you can make it fast. If you want comfort thats a different story.

I just pulled two pics of google there, one of a "super car" the other off a GT-R


The entire subject and argument is stupid. If you're ok driving a GT-R then its the right car for you. If you would be embarrassed driving one it isn't. Same feeling I would have driving a 5.0. Its the cheapest route you can go to go fast. If you enjoy being that guy. Then enjoy being laughed at by real people that drive "super cars"
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 10:39 PM   #31
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
43

 
Q4P's Avatar
 
Drives: Too Much
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: World


Posts: 2,296
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
My buddies honda can run 9's... You can own that for $24,000.. But thats not "super" enough for you? Because............ You logic fails, If you want super fast cheap, go buy any car and for 1/10th of the price you can make it fast. If you want comfort thats a different story.

I just pulled two pics of google there, one of a "super car" the other off a GT-R


The entire subject and argument is stupid. If you're ok driving a GT-R then its the right car for you. If you would be embarrassed driving one it isn't. Same feeling I would have driving a 5.0. Its the cheapest route you can go to go fast. If you enjoy being that guy. Then enjoy being laughed at by real people that drive "super cars"
hahaahah

Your buddies civic can't set Nurbgurgring lap records, nor can it be daily driven, nor can it set top gear track records nor can it drive around without sounding like it's about to blow up. No super car owner laughs at GTR's because they understand what the vehicle is capable of... if they don't, then they race one and soon start to understand that they got beat by a 90K plebeian Nissan. If that's no funny; then nothing is...

Your a fanboy and bedtime is calling you.
__________________
2jZ + RB26 + 4G63 + LS9 + N54 =
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 10:45 PM   #32
E90SoFlo
Banned
106

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL


Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforpower View Post
hahaahah

Your buddies civic can't set Nurbgurgring lap records, nor can it be daily driven, nor can it set top gear track records nor can it drive around without sounding like it's about to blow up. No super car owner laughs at GTR's because they understand what the vehicle is capable of... if they don't, then they race one and soon start to understand that they got beat by a 90K plebeian Nissan. If that's no funny; then nothing is...

Your a fanboy and bedtime is calling you.
I am sorry to say, anyone with enough money to actually buy a super car, can figure out that anyone can make a fast car, on the other hand it seems that concept is over your head.

If you're logic is correct, NOBODY should ever be buying car's that cost 2x 3x 4x 10x more then you're god of all car's GT-R. Tell me why people would buy something that cost more, that in your eyes, is the same.

Its like buying a cheap suit, it does the same thing, but if you open your eyes you can tell the difference.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 12:09 AM   #33
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
2

 
Drives: B744
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Up In The Air


Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

never argue with an idiot. they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 12:34 AM   #34
The1
Major General
Canada
59

 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily


Posts: 5,127
iTrader: (0)

wow. such an unnecessary conversation that never needed to take place.

And good to see people putting words into other peoples mouths and making an argument about it. Cause that really makes sense...

Everyone has their own opinions. Their opinions are their own to have. Why do people have the need to change other peoples opinions?

This is also proof of what goes wrong with the internet, everything you read is not necessarily true or false. Take it all with a grain of salt, and we'll all live longer and happier.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 01:21 AM   #35
ideliver
Major
84

 
ideliver's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E60 M5 & 08 Infiniti QX56
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: At the gas station


Posts: 1,232
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 MB S430 SOLD  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
I've heard this before, please educate me on the expensive maintenance cost of the GTR.

I own an e60 M5 and maintain it using the "mike miller old school schedule" as I plan on keeping the car indefinitely. This is not an inexpensive endeavor. $125 oil changes (cost of oil and filter as I DIY). Annual brake fluid changes, SMG, diff oil and coolant changes really shouldn't be any more expensive than with the M5.

So, why is the GTR so "expensive" to maintain?
__________________
Cars I've owned '76 Chevelle 350 RIP '82 Monte Carlo 350 RIP '82 Mustang 302 RIP '88 Honda CRX RIP '88 Olds Toronado sold '94 Toyota Tercel sold '99 Acura TL sold 2002 Porsche 911 sold 2003 E46 M3 Blk/gr 2006 MB S430 sold Current: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2008 E60 M5

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 01:31 AM   #36
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
241

 
CollinsE90's Avatar
 
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: street corner checking profits


Posts: 1,927
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
never argue with an idiot. they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Never argue with an idiot, people passing by won't know who is who.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 10:28 AM   #37
E90SoFlo
Banned
106

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL


Posts: 2,675
iTrader: (9)

I apologize for taking over the tread with a stupid argument, Lots of my friends are nissan owners and pray by the gt-r and its frustrating.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2012, 01:18 PM   #38
Spool
******
Vietnam
255

 
Spool's Avatar
 
Drives: A few
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DC Metro


Posts: 6,164
iTrader: (24)

GT-R is an amazing machine, engineering marvel i must say...if i had the money i'd buy one...the veyron is ugly as shit to me, looks like a shoe...if they gave me a free car between the two, i'd pick the GT-R...

im not a fanboy btw, i don't own a GTR...i don't even own a sports car anymore, i sold my soul and got an iS250 for me and a 2011 Rav-4 for my gf...lol
__________________


MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #39
Maestro
Captain
103

 
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Philadelphia


Posts: 894
iTrader: (0)

You guys kill me, face the Veyron was built to show a car can be built to do what it can do and not compromise on appearance and everyday creature comforts. Anyone who know the heritage of Bugatti, they designed and built cars which push the limits of engineering during their time and people who bought them bought them because they could and set themselves apart from everyone else.

You have to ask yourself, what engineering challenges did Nissan have to over come with their car, most likely they just borrow ideas from other cars. Are you more impress with the fact GT-R cost less than a Veyron and does the 1/4 in 10 seconds or are you more impressed with all the engineering that went into the Veyron, and how many future cars will benefit from what was learn from the Veyron.

Face it any car anyone buys are compromises, no one gets it all in one car, yeah you can go 1/4 mile in a GT-R in 10 seconds but I can show you a Turbo Cumming Diesel pickup truck that can do the 1/4 in 9 second and it cost far less then a GT-R and you can haul stuff round the farm in it to. Just image going down the highway and some smart ass kid pull up to you with a black puffing Ram truck and honks the horn 3 time and blows your doors off your GT-R, bet you're not feeling too good about your 80K purchase.

Personally, I am more impressed with a pickup doing a 1/4 in 9 sec than a sports car doing the same thing.

Last edited by Maestro; 01-03-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #40
The1
Major General
Canada
59

 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily


Posts: 5,127
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
You guys kill me, face the Veyron was built to show a car can be built to do what it can do and not compromise on appearance and everyday creature comforts. Anyone who know the heritage of Bugatti, they designed and built cars which push the limits of engineering during their time and people who bought them bought them because they could and set themselves apart from everyone else.

You have to ask yourself, what engineering challenges did Nissan have to over come with their car, most likely they just borrow ideas from other cars. Are you more impress with the fact GT-R cost less than a Veyron and does the 1/4 in 10 seconds or are you more impressed with all the engineering that went into the Veyron, and how many future cars will benefit from what was learn from the Veyron.

Face it any car anyone buys are compromises, no one gets it all in one car, yeah you can go 1/4 mile in a GT-R in 10 seconds but I can show you a Turbo Cumming Diesel pickup truck that can do the 1/4 in 9 second and it cost far less then a GT-R and you can haul stuff round the farm in it to. Just image going down the highway and some smart ass kid pull up to you with a black puffing Ram truck and honks the horn 3 time and blows your doors off your GT-R, bet you're not feeling too good about your 80K purchase.

Personally, I am more impressed with a pickup doing a 1/4 in 9 sec than a sports car doing the same thing.
Everyones needs are different, and i think it's sad people can't accept that.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 03:13 PM   #41
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
43

 
Q4P's Avatar
 
Drives: Too Much
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: World


Posts: 2,296
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
You guys kill me, face the Veyron was built to show a car can be built to do what it can do and not compromise on appearance and everyday creature comforts. Anyone who know the heritage of Bugatti, they designed and built cars which push the limits of engineering during their time and people who bought them bought them because they could and set themselves apart from everyone else.

You have to ask yourself, what engineering challenges did Nissan have to over come with their car, most likely they just borrow ideas from other cars. Are you more impress with the fact GT-R cost less than a Veyron and does the 1/4 in 10 seconds or are you more impressed with all the engineering that went into the Veyron, and how many future cars will benefit from what was learn from the Veyron.

Face it any car anyone buys are compromises, no one gets it all in one car, yeah you can go 1/4 mile in a GT-R in 10 seconds but I can show you a Turbo Cumming Diesel pickup truck that can do the 1/4 in 9 second and it cost far less then a GT-R and you can haul stuff round the farm in it to. Just image going down the highway and some smart ass kid pull up to you with a black puffing Ram truck and honks the horn 3 time and blows your doors off your GT-R, bet you're not feeling too good about your 80K purchase.

Personally, I am more impressed with a pickup doing a 1/4 in 9 sec than a sports car doing the same thing.
yes and no... I think you make a lot of valid points but you fail to realize something. Yes, a Turbo Cumming Diesel can runs 9's in the 1/4 but at the same time; can it set a lap record around the ring?, can it win an autocross session?, can it set a top gear lap record? The answer is a definitive no. The GTR is a car that's good at many things not only one... The Veyron has not set any lap record as far as I am concerned and has never been down the 'ring which is the definitive measuring ground for all cars. Yes, the Veyron is an engineering marvel but how much of that marvel is usable? How will the Veyron's 250 MPH speeds trickle down to other cars? The answer is they won't because what makes a Veyron different won't be useful in any other car. Now that's fine if u want to make a one off car but it does nothing else for us.

Also, you say that the GTR didn't have any engineering challenges? Well let me ask you what magical formula did Bugatti use? They fit the largest engine they could find by bolting 2 VW V8's together and Quad Turbocharging it. The Veyron is incredibly heavy at 4200 lbs and that's why its not used in any competitive track event and no one wants to touch one because it's incredibly expensive. I will admit that it is an amazing machine but at the same time it's a purpose built car with very little purpose (i.e. the only purpose being going at speeds well above 200 MPH which no one will ever touch.) I think the fact that Nissan designed a car for 1/3 of its competitors in price and is able to beat them is more amazing to me than anything... No other manufacturer is taking that car lightly right now. The sheer fact that it can do 90% of what a Veyron can with the exclusion of top speed with less than half the displacement, less than 1/2 the cylinders and 2 fewer turbos is incredibly impressive to me. Let's not forget that a GTR is still as great of a DD as a Veryon if not better when maintenance costs are considered (not that DD makes any difference in this conversation because no one in the world DD's a Veyron).
__________________
2jZ + RB26 + 4G63 + LS9 + N54 =
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #42
Maestro
Captain
103

 
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Philadelphia


Posts: 894
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforpower View Post
yes and no... I think you make a lot of valid points but you fail to realize something. Yes, a Turbo Cumming Diesel can runs 9's in the 1/4 but at the same time; can it set a lap record around the ring?, can it win an autocross session?, can it set a top gear lap record? The answer is a definitive no. The GTR is a car that's good at many things not only one... The Veyron has not set any lap record as far as I am concerned and has never been down the 'ring which is the definitive measuring ground for all cars. Yes, the Veyron is an engineering marvel but how much of that marvel is usable? How will the Veyron's 250 MPH speeds trickle down to other cars? The answer is they won't because what makes a Veyron different won't be useful in any other car. Now that's fine if u want to make a one off car but it does nothing else for us.

Also, you say that the GTR didn't have any engineering challenges? Well let me ask you what magical formula did Bugatti use? They fit the largest engine they could find by bolting 2 VW V8's together and Quad Turbocharging it. The Veyron is incredibly heavy at 4200 lbs and that's why its not used in any competitive track event and no one wants to touch one because it's incredibly expensive. I will admit that it is an amazing machine but at the same time it's a purpose built car with very little purpose (i.e. the only purpose being going at speeds well above 200 MPH which no one will ever touch.) I think the fact that Nissan designed a car for 1/3 of its competitors in price and is able to beat them is more amazing to me than anything... No other manufacturer is taking that car lightly right now. The sheer fact that it can do 90% of what a Veyron can with the exclusion of top speed with less than half the displacement, less than 1/2 the cylinders and 2 fewer turbos is incredibly impressive to me. Let's not forget that a GTR is still as great of a DD as a Veryon if not better when maintenance costs are considered (not that DD makes any difference in this conversation because no one in the world DD's a Veyron).
Actually did you see the US Top Gear when they tested the Ford Raptor SVT, not only could this truck do 120MPH over rough terrain it did well around their track. So to your point can a truck do well around a track, maybe, but can a sport car do well off road, hell no. To each their own, but I would not mind having a 5 second 0-60 pickup that can do 120MPH off road than a car which is only good on hard pavement, but then again I spend just as much time in the woods as I do in the city.

The point about technology in the Veyron, there is lots of material science and aerodynamic design that had to be developed or learned to make the car usable and accomplish 250MPH + that can not be said about the GT-R again Nissan just took parts and designs which already existed and package it together to make a nice fast car. Again almost anyone can copy or improve on what someone else has already figured out, but it tech real genius to develop new technology.

Now if you just looking at how many cylinders it take to get the car down the road the fastest the GT-R is not the car to use a the bench mark, I think this car is the one we should consider, AeroShelby, it beats both Veyron and GT-R in the 1/4 and does it on 387 CI V8.

http://www.shelbysupercars.com/ultimate-aero.php

And if you only worried about getting around the track the fast the Ariel Atom beat them all and it cost far less than the GT-R and it too was a V8 and it supercharge verse using turbos

Last edited by Maestro; 01-03-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #43
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
43

 
Q4P's Avatar
 
Drives: Too Much
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: World


Posts: 2,296
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Actually did you see the US Top Gear when they tested the Ford Raptor SVT, not only could this truck do 120MPH over rough terrain it did well around their track. So to your point can a truck do well around a track, maybe, but can a sport car do well off road, hell no. To each their own, but I would not mind having a 5 second 0-60 pickup that can do 120MPH off road than a car which is only good on hard pavement, but then again I spend just as much time in the woods as I do in the city.

The point about technology in the Veyron, there is lots of material science and aerodynamic design that had to be developed or learned to make the car usable and accomplish 250MPH + that can not be said about the GT-R again Nissan just took parts and designs which already existed and package it together to make a nice fast car. Again almost anyone can copy or improve on what someone else has already figured out, but it tech real genius to develop new technology.

Now if you just looking at how many cylinders it take to get the car down the road the fastest the GT-R is not the car to use a the bench mark, I think this car is the one we should consider, AeroShelby, it beats both Veyron and GT-R in the 1/4 and does it on 387 CI V8.

http://www.shelbysupercars.com/ultimate-aero.php

And if you only worried about getting around the track the fast the Ariel Atom beat them all and it cost far less than the GT-R and it too was a V8 and it supercharge verse using turbos
I am having a real hard time determining out of this blabber what you were trying to say so this will be it for me...

An SVT raptor good around a track in comparison to the car that I've talked about?

An Ultimate aero is another $600K car that only weighs 2800 lbs so I fail to see the analogy there...

An Ariet Atom is a 1200 LB car without even windows or a roof (in other words a definitive track car with next to zero DD qualities)...

And I have no idea what sort of copying you are talking about in the GTR...

And those qualities you speak of that a Veyron has that allow it to go 250 MPH and be usable are next to irrelevant unless we are producing another supercar or spend our life at the VW test track / Bonneville Salt Flats because no one will be going even close to 200 MPH (that's a guarantee) in their ownership of cars maybe minus 1 or 2 special times.
__________________
2jZ + RB26 + 4G63 + LS9 + N54 =
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #44
aestheticstorm
Captain
United_States
29

 
aestheticstorm's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Z4 M Coupé ...... '09 X5 d
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Miami, FL


Posts: 651
iTrader: (2)

What a flawed start by the GT-R. The video is pretty much useless because of it.
__________________
'08 Z4 ///M Coupé (#1765/1815) — 1 of 68 Sepang Bronze / Black Nappa / Madeira Wood / 1 of 1 this combo
19" Advan RS / AP Racing / Bridgestone RE-11 / Autosolutions / R.E. Diablo / R.E. trans mounts
'09 X5 35dSpace Grey / Saddle Brown
20" Forgestar F14
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
tpain = typical veyron driver, veyron looks like a turtle

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST