BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Racewerkz Engineering

12-30-2011, 07:45 PM   #23
spdy330
Major General

Drives: 05 Tundra, 11 M3, 08 Odyssey

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to spdy330 Send a message via Yahoo to spdy330
Some dealers do not want to CPO their cars as they have to pay thousands to BMW for the CPO and then that gets buried in the price of the car which could price it too high where people would walk away and find a lesser expensive vehicle.

My previous car was a CPO and it was funny a few days after I purchased the car I went to use the windshield washer cleaner and nothing came out. I ended up and purchase windshield cleaner and filled it back up. The reservoir was bone dry. If they really did the inspection prior to making it a CPO they would have filled it up. In my opinion I think that some CPO's do not even get an inspection as they don't really care since warranty may cover it for you after the purchase.

Anyway back to the point of your thread. If the dealer is not willing to work with you and you are not feeling comfortable I would go somewhere else as I have said earlier as well as others. There are going to be many 08's showing up now so it is not like it will be hard to find. I would defiantly want more than 1 year warranty on such an expensive purchase.

There are a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum so I would take what some of them say to be true
      12-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #24
spdy330
Major General

Drives: 05 Tundra, 11 M3, 08 Odyssey

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to spdy330 Send a message via Yahoo to spdy330
This is always a possibility. Dealers will say anything just to get you in the door. Most (not all) are liars and cheats.

This does not mean you will get a bad car but you may not get exactly what you are expecting or even at a fair price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
I would take it with a grain of salt though. They could tell you anything to have you come in.
      12-30-2011, 09:08 PM   #25
Poofyo101
Major

Drives: e92 ///M3

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
1990 BMW M3  [0.00]
Don't buy from a dealership. Individual seller is the way to go...with a PPI