BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Alpine HID
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-09-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
atomhawk
New Member
 
Drives: 2012 M3 Coupe, 2011 128i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern Cal

Posts: 22
iTrader: (0)

Is this a good deal? 2012 M3 Coupe

Was wondering if this is a good deal on 2012 M3 Coupe:
MSRP: $75,275
Invoice (includes everything like MACO): $69,885

Monthly payment:$899.99 including 8.75% California tax
7MSDs of $6,300 (total OTD, no other fees)
Residual: 62%
MF (includes BMW loyaltly and MSDs): 0.00116
36 month 10k

I know BMW is offering a $1,000 mission to drive incentive and I'm assuming that's built into this somehow as well. Basically this is what they are saying is final price.

I misplaced the actual sell price and don't know how to back calculate from these figures.... What do you guys think? Good deal?
atomhawk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 12,567
iTrader: (39)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
No idea if it's a deal since you don't list the options.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2011, 03:39 PM   #3
SamS
Brigadier General
 
SamS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,460
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
No idea if it's a deal since you don't list the options.
He listed MSRP, what does it matter if he chose Metallic Paint vs. Heated Seats at $500 each.

And yes I know metallic is really $550
SamS is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #4
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 12,567
iTrader: (39)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
He listed MSRP, what does it matter if he chose Metallica Paint vs. Heated Seats at $500 each.

And yes I know metallic is really $550
True just wondering if it's a deal based on how the car was ordered. But you are correct.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2011, 03:43 PM   #5
atomhawk
New Member
 
Drives: 2012 M3 Coupe, 2011 128i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern Cal

Posts: 22
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
True just wondering if it's a deal based on how the car was ordered. But you are correct.
Little confused as to why the options matter since I listed MSRP and invoice...

But here it is:
Jerez Black
Black Novillo Leather
Competition Package
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
DCT
BMW Apps
Enhanced Premium Sound

It's a car on the lot so take that into account too so what do you think? is this a good deal?

Last edited by atomhawk; 12-09-2011 at 04:12 PM.
atomhawk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2011, 03:44 PM   #6
SamS
Brigadier General
 
SamS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,460
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
True just wondering if it's a deal based on how the car was ordered. But you are correct.
I just assumed it was spec'd to his liking.

Heck, you could offer some 6MT guys a new M3 with DCT at $25K off MSRP and they wouldn't take it.

Oh shit did I just turn this one into DCT vs. 6MT?
SamS is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-25-2011, 06:01 PM   #7
Alexnyc
Private First Class
 
Alexnyc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New york

Posts: 108
iTrader: (2)

I'm new to the forum and to BMW, but I just order a 2012 m3 coupe. Msrp $70,350. I lease it for $830.00 a month 15,000miles a year for 36months. Out of pocket was $4600. I was wondering if this was a good deal too. I spend an entire day going from dealership to dealership, but ended up buying from a leasing company since ther were the only ones to offer me the best deal.
Alexnyc is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-26-2011, 10:54 PM   #8
MCE
New Member
 
Drives: 2012 e92 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boca Raton, South Florida

Posts: 26
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 e92 M3  [0.00]
2009 e93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexnyc View Post
I'm new to the forum and to BMW, but I just order a 2012 m3 coupe. Msrp $70,350. I lease it for $830.00 a month 15,000miles a year for 36months. Out of pocket was $4600. I was wondering if this was a good deal too. I spend an entire day going from dealership to dealership, but ended up buying from a leasing company since ther were the only ones to offer me the best deal.
I'm sure you can do better.
I ordered my 2012 E92 M3 last week.
MSRP $75825.
$645/month (including 6.5% sales tax)12k/36.

Due @ signing: First month Acquisition Fee DMV.
MCE is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2011, 01:34 AM   #9
gs24F10
Lieutenant
 
Drives: F10 535xi
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lincoln Park, NJ

Posts: 463
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexnyc View Post
I'm new to the forum and to BMW, but I just order a 2012 m3 coupe. Msrp $70,350. I lease it for $830.00 a month 15,000miles a year for 36months. Out of pocket was $4600. I was wondering if this was a good deal too. I spend an entire day going from dealership to dealership, but ended up buying from a leasing company since ther were the only ones to offer me the best deal.
I'm sure you can do better.
I ordered my 2012 E92 M3 last week.
MSRP $75825.
$645/month (including 6.5% sales tax)12k/36.

Due @ signing: First month Acquisition Fee DMV.

Sign me up for one of those
gs24F10 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2011, 02:42 AM   #10
SPANISHFLIE
Lieutenant
 
SPANISHFLIE's Avatar
 
Drives: Cherry E93, X6 5.0, R.I.P. M6
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bergen County, NJ

Posts: 412
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2010 BMW X6 5.0  [0.00]
2010 BMW 328CIC  [0.00]
2010 AUDI S4  [0.00]
how?
SPANISHFLIE is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2011, 06:34 AM   #11
SergioPark
Second Lieutenant
 
SergioPark's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 m3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NJ, USA

Posts: 229
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCE View Post
I'm sure you can do better.
I ordered my 2012 E92 M3 last week.
MSRP $75825.
$645/month (including 6.5% sales tax)12k/36.

Due @ signing: First month Acquisition Fee DMV.
I feel like there's information missing here. $645 seems really low for a 75k car.
SergioPark is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2011, 08:33 AM   #12
bvernon
Private First Class
 
bvernon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 M3 Convertible
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Virginia

Posts: 140
iTrader: (0)

you cannot lease a $75K car for $645 a month without putting a lot of money down. just search this forum on previous deals. lots of information missing.........
bvernon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2011, 08:39 AM   #13
bvernon
Private First Class
 
bvernon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 M3 Convertible
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Virginia

Posts: 140
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomhawk View Post
Was wondering if this is a good deal on 2012 M3 Coupe:
MSRP: $75,275
Invoice (includes everything like MACO): $69,885

Monthly payment:$899.99 including 8.75% California tax
7MSDs of $6,300 (total OTD, no other fees)
Residual: 62%
MF (includes BMW loyaltly and MSDs): 0.00116
36 month 10k

I know BMW is offering a $1,000 mission to drive incentive and I'm assuming that's built into this somehow as well. Basically this is what they are saying is final price.

I misplaced the actual sell price and don't know how to back calculate from these figures.... What do you guys think? Good deal?
If it's a car off the lot then you should be buying the car for the dealer invoice or very close (no more than $500 over). that factors into what you're paying monthly. you need to know that number. if you've agreed on a sales price then everything else will fall into place (money factor, incentives, etc.)
bvernon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2011, 01:49 PM   #14
atomhawk
New Member
 
Drives: 2012 M3 Coupe, 2011 128i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern Cal

Posts: 22
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvernon View Post
you cannot lease a $75K car for $645 a month without putting a lot of money down. just search this forum on previous deals. lots of information missing.........
I agree this sounds really wrong to me....
atomhawk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #15
atomhawk
New Member
 
Drives: 2012 M3 Coupe, 2011 128i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Southern Cal

Posts: 22
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvernon View Post
If it's a car off the lot then you should be buying the car for the dealer invoice or very close (no more than $500 over). that factors into what you're paying monthly. you need to know that number. if you've agreed on a sales price then everything else will fall into place (money factor, incentives, etc.)
I believe the final sales price was about $250 over invoice... It was kind of weird.. They gave another $450 in dealer credits instead of taking it off the sales price. But including that dealer credit, I was at about $250 over (not including $1000 mission to drive). Most dealers in socal wont go below $1000 over invoice..
atomhawk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2011, 02:29 PM   #16
Undertow
Private
 
Drives: 2011 E93
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Boston

Posts: 56
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvernon View Post
you cannot lease a $75K car for $645 a month without putting a lot of money down. just search this forum on previous deals. lots of information missing.........
The MSRP on my vert is just under $84k and my monthly payment is $670 (which includes 6.25% tax). I put $0 down in cap cost reduction.

ED + loyalty + MSD


It can be done.

edit*This was for a 2011. Not sure what residuals and money factors are now.*
__________________
2011 M3 in the driveway |M235i on the way

Last edited by Undertow; 12-27-2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Additional info
Undertow is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2011, 03:24 PM   #17
Raptor251
ESS Dreaming
 
Raptor251's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 e92 m3/Ford Raptor 6.2
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego

Posts: 870
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3inwaiting View Post
The MSRP on my vert is just under $84k and my monthly payment is $670 (which includes 6.25% tax). I put $0 down in cap cost reduction.

ED + loyalty + MSD


It can be done.

edit*This was for a 2011. Not sure what residuals and money factors are now.*

No way in hell...post up a copy of the contract or its total BS
Raptor251 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #18
smokinjoe64
Naval Aviator
 
smokinjoe64's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 e92 M3 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Twin Cities

Posts: 319
iTrader: (1)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor251 View Post
No way in hell...post up a copy of the contract or its total BS
...maybe it was washed with the top down.

__________________
`12 e92 M3 6MT - Interlagos Blue | Fox Red Extended Carbon Leather | Loaded |
Mods: RPI axle-back; aFe filter; IND painted reflectors; BMW satin black grills, LED hi-power interior lights; Ultimate Al petals; Clutch stop; LUX H8's; Rear Fogs; invisible nose bra; Escort 9500ix hardwired w/mirror mount, custom coding
`08 e92 M3 6MT - retired
smokinjoe64 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2011, 03:48 PM   #19
viperssd
Private First Class
 
viperssd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 AW ZCP M3
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ohio, USA

Posts: 149
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor251 View Post
No way in hell...post up a copy of the contract or its total BS
The residuals and mf worked out to some ally awesome lease deals on m3 verbs last year, this year you can find an active hybrid 7 for $600 a month lease, it's a $100k car...
__________________
2011 335i xDrive E92 Montego Blue (Ret.)
2004 Z4 3.0i E85 Black Black Sapphire (Ret.)
viperssd is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2011, 04:11 PM   #20
SergioPark
Second Lieutenant
 
SergioPark's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 m3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NJ, USA

Posts: 229
iTrader: (1)

I had heard that there were some sick deals on the vert last year, but nothing special for the coupe and nothing special for either now (at least from what I understand).
SergioPark is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #21
K-M3
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '12 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Oklahoma

Posts: 218
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
I just assumed it was spec'd to his liking.

Heck, you could offer some 6MT guys a new M3 with DCT at $25K off MSRP and they wouldn't take it.

Oh shit did I just turn this one into DCT vs. 6MT?
.... i am one of them 6MT guys that you mention here.........
K-M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-27-2011, 07:30 PM   #22
Raptor251
ESS Dreaming
 
Raptor251's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 e92 m3/Ford Raptor 6.2
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego

Posts: 870
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperssd View Post
The residuals and mf worked out to some ally awesome lease deals on m3 verbs last year, this year you can find an active hybrid 7 for $600 a month lease, it's a $100k car...
Just called my dealer and they said they will do an active 7 hybrid for $600 a month/lease if I can provide them the vin of a car that has received the same deal!

Please help me guys, I want to go lease an active 7 today!!
Raptor251 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST