BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-23-2012, 03:18 PM   #23
mdosu
Banned
 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhahlen View Post
FYI - My local dealer quoted me $47xx for full coverage including idrive system or $42xx without it. MY08 for 6yr/100k top tier.
i got paper quotes through mine last week, let me check it when I get home today...
mdosu is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #24
604
Private First Class
 
604's Avatar
 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 604 Bay Area

Posts: 119
iTrader: (0)

I'm very interested in extended warranty as well. I have a '08 M3 E92 (65k km) originally from the US, now in Canada. I typically get it serviced at BMW Seattle. Do I have to purchase extended warranty from a Canadian dealer or a US one? I purchased it privately here, someone had already brought it up. I went to my local dealer (BMW Langley) and they quoted me around 5k for 2 extra years of coverage and can't exactly remember how many more km's. I remember it being not worth it though for what it covered. Do I have to get a third party insurance company? I wish it was covered through BMW.
__________________
604 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2012, 04:54 PM   #25
dhahlen
First Lieutenant
 
dhahlen's Avatar
 
Drives: e30 318is, e90 335i, e92 m3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arizona

Posts: 327
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to dhahlen Send a message via Yahoo to dhahlen
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604 View Post
I'm very interested in extended warranty as well. I have a '08 M3 E92 (65k km) originally from the US, now in Canada. I typically get it serviced at BMW Seattle. Do I have to purchase extended warranty from a Canadian dealer or a US one? I purchased it privately here, someone had already brought it up. I went to my local dealer (BMW Langley) and they quoted me around 5k for 2 extra years of coverage and can't exactly remember how many more km's. I remember it being not worth it though for what it covered. Do I have to get a third party insurance company? I wish it was covered through BMW.
The U.S. warranty is a 4yr/50k or a 6yr/100k from manufacturer date. I suppose that would be roughly 160km if you did the 6yr plan. I would, however, verify with the dealership. If it's a U.S. vehicle it may have to fall under a U.S. warranty package. You may also have to service it at a U.S. dealership. A BMW Service adviser should be able to find this information for you.

BMW also offers the power train plus warranty for vehicles which are no longer CPO (see my attachment, listed on the bottom left).

Best of luck!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW Warranty.pdf (930.2 KB, 233 views)
dhahlen is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #26
604
Private First Class
 
604's Avatar
 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 604 Bay Area

Posts: 119
iTrader: (0)

Cheers, i'll call BMW Seattle and get some more info.

Btw, I was just in Arizona for Barrett Jackson... I envy your weather/ highways/women. Lol
__________________
604 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2012, 05:12 PM   #27
dhahlen
First Lieutenant
 
dhahlen's Avatar
 
Drives: e30 318is, e90 335i, e92 m3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arizona

Posts: 327
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to dhahlen Send a message via Yahoo to dhahlen
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604 View Post
Cheers, i'll call BMW Seattle and get some more info.

Btw, I was just in Arizona for Barrett Jackson... I envy your weather/ highways/women. Lol
Highways are nice and smooth Weather is good this time of year, not blistering hot, and yes.... having a college formerly known as the nations #1 party college brings the ladies from all over....glad you enjoyed it.

Post the results of your findings when you get a chance
dhahlen is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #28
M3people
Second Lieutenant
 
M3people's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NYC/Frankfurt

Posts: 254
iTrader: (0)

I am looking for extended warranty as well. Can someone please share the details with me

Thanks
M3people is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 01:33 PM   #29
isugoo
Major General
 
isugoo's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 M5 CP
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 5,610
iTrader: (60)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
If you guys want to give Adam/Jim a call and let them know what you got quoted from others Im sure they will do their best to beat it, worth a shot

finance@stevethomasbmw.com let them know your a forum member and show them your quote or ask for a quote either way. you can also call them directly 805-482-8878 ask for finance
let's do group buy on the extended warranty.
__________________

PAST: 11 E70 X5M | 08 E90 M3 | 08 E92 335i | 03.5 E46 M3 | 99 E36 M3
isugoo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #30
isugoo
Major General
 
isugoo's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 M5 CP
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 5,610
iTrader: (60)

and people, post whatever the best deal you got.
how much and which dealership. help bros out.
__________________

PAST: 11 E70 X5M | 08 E90 M3 | 08 E92 335i | 03.5 E46 M3 | 99 E36 M3
isugoo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #31
m0da
in the right lane
 
Drives: 2008 e93 m3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Austin/Houston

Posts: 45
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by isugoo View Post
let's do group buy on the extended warranty.
I would be interested.
m0da is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #32
dhahlen
First Lieutenant
 
dhahlen's Avatar
 
Drives: e30 318is, e90 335i, e92 m3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arizona

Posts: 327
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to dhahlen Send a message via Yahoo to dhahlen
Quote:
Originally Posted by isugoo View Post
and people, post whatever the best deal you got.
how much and which dealership. help bros out.
Chapman BMW in Phoenix

Spoke with Andy S. - This applies to my MY08 M3

$4740 for Platinum 6yr/100k
$42xx for Gold 6yr/100k

I'll inquire with my SA about a group buy. If they could drop the price a bit for 5+ orders, we may be able to get something going. I'd do it 30 days out. I'll ask around, please do the same and post the info. My local dealer has given me the best price by about $500 so far.

Last edited by dhahlen; 01-24-2012 at 03:35 PM.
dhahlen is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #33
dhahlen
First Lieutenant
 
dhahlen's Avatar
 
Drives: e30 318is, e90 335i, e92 m3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arizona

Posts: 327
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to dhahlen Send a message via Yahoo to dhahlen
Just spoke with Andy, price is dependent upon VIN#

With that being said....

I told Andy I would be interested in gathering people who want to purchase a warranty. He said the discount would be up to the manager, but he said he would need everyone in front of him ready to do it in order to get a discount (if any) is possible.

Therefore, I would shop around and find the best price. I can't guarantee a discount, but I would assume it would be in the 5-10% range if one was given for a GB. That's likely $300-600 in most cases.

If you're interested in pricing, please PM me your vin number and what you're looking for (Powertrain Plus, Gold, Platinum) and your current mileage. I'll e-mail Andy or you can do it yourself.

Andy's e-mail is: AndrewSivek@chapmanchoice.com

I can't run a GB without permissions from moderators, but I'll do what I can to get one situated for those of you who may be interested.

Last edited by dhahlen; 01-24-2012 at 03:41 PM.
dhahlen is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #34
m0da
in the right lane
 
Drives: 2008 e93 m3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Austin/Houston

Posts: 45
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhahlen View Post
Just spoke with Andy, price is dependent upon VIN#

With that being said....

I told Andy I would be interested in gathering people who want to purchase a warranty. He said the discount would be up to the manager, but he said he would need everyone in front of him ready to do it in order to get a discount (if any) is possible.

Therefore, I would shop around and find the best price. I can't guarantee a discount, but I would assume it would be in the 5-10% range if one was given for a GB. That's likely $300-600 in most cases.

If you're interested in pricing, please PM me your vin number and what you're looking for (Powertrain Plus, Gold, Platinum) and your current mileage. I'll e-mail Andy or you can do it yourself.

Andy's e-mail is: AndrewSivek@chapmanchoice.com

I can't run a GB without permissions from moderators, but I'll do what I can to get one situated for those of you who may be interested.
Thanks for the info.

I emailed with my VIN and got a response in 15min:

Platinum: 5740
Gold: 5100
6yr/100k
'08 E93

I asked for the longest plans. Was the 7-year warranty plan discontinued?

edit:

After a few more back-and-forths, there is a 7-year warranty plan: 6350 Gd, 7180 Pt.

Last edited by m0da; 01-24-2012 at 05:09 PM.
m0da is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #35
dhahlen
First Lieutenant
 
dhahlen's Avatar
 
Drives: e30 318is, e90 335i, e92 m3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arizona

Posts: 327
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to dhahlen Send a message via Yahoo to dhahlen
It's likely the 7yr doesn't apply to any M-Series, but it may be discontinued as well.
dhahlen is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2012, 05:00 PM   #36
Bimmer Freeeek!
Live Fast. Die Young.
 
Bimmer Freeeek!'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 ///M3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sunshine State

Posts: 189
iTrader: (0)

I'm also up for being part of the group buy.
__________________

2012 M3 E92 SS-II
Bimmer Freeeek! is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #37
dhahlen
First Lieutenant
 
dhahlen's Avatar
 
Drives: e30 318is, e90 335i, e92 m3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arizona

Posts: 327
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to dhahlen Send a message via Yahoo to dhahlen
Update:

Just waiting on a couple of things

1. Approval from the GM at Chapman BMW to warranty a car without physically seeing it.
2. Approval from moderators to setup GB should #1 work out

What I am told is you would have to send in a key that's been updated (i.e put into the ignition) to get the mileage / date from the ecu. Chances are the keys would have to be updated and then shipped overnight. This way, when they warranty the car, they can see that it was still within factory warranty (miles) and we're only lagging 24-48 hours.

Given the risks that the dealership would have to take, the GM may not approve. But, once I have word, I'll be sure to update.
dhahlen is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #38
dhahlen
First Lieutenant
 
dhahlen's Avatar
 
Drives: e30 318is, e90 335i, e92 m3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arizona

Posts: 327
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to dhahlen Send a message via Yahoo to dhahlen
GM Said - Vehicle and customer must be present at the time of (warranty) sale.

Unfortunately, unless you're local or in SW region and willing to drive out... this will not work.

Thanks!
dhahlen is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2012, 06:46 PM   #39
mdosu
Banned
 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (6)

what are you getting quoted for Powertrain + 7 Year 70k miles? I know it's VIN dependent but any ballpark?

I got quoted at $34XX for my 20k miles 08 E90 sticker at $67k.
mdosu is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #40
skins333
Captain
 
skins333's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E93 BMW M3 MR/'12 x5d SG
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Northern VA

Posts: 974
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
what are you getting quoted for Powertrain + 7 Year 70k miles? I know it's VIN dependent but any ballpark?

I got quoted at $34XX for my 20k miles 08 E90 sticker at $67k.
Not bad at all. I am leaning at powertrain+ or gold 7/70 if available. Can you post or PM me where you got the deal from? My initial over-phone estimates seemed a lot higher from Sterling BMW. They were also trying to push warranties through fidelity.
skins333 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #41
mdosu
Banned
 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins333 View Post
Not bad at all. I am leaning at powertrain+ or gold 7/70 if available. Can you post or PM me where you got the deal from? My initial over-phone estimates seemed a lot higher from Sterling BMW. They were also trying to push warranties through fidelity.
it's from BMW of Alexandria. Remember it's VIN dependent, they pull your VIN and have records of all the servicing, options, and miles on your car.
mdosu is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2012, 10:20 PM   #42
Malibu101481
New Member
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Redondo Beach, CA

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

I'm interested in this as well, got an 08 M that runs out of Maintenance and Warranty end of this year and would like to purchase both.

Please send a PM if you know of a good place to go.
Malibu101481 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #43
Michaeljh2000
Second Lieutenant
 
Michaeljh2000's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 M3, 69 Vette, GSXR 1000
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NoVA

Posts: 211
iTrader: (0)

I'm interested as well for my 2009, with all the options and 28,000 miles. Please PM or reply....Thx.
Michaeljh2000 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #44
flxfxp
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 Grey
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 30
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
I'm also looking for 100k extended warranty, my 09 E92 M3 DCT currently has 43k miles and warranty is ending in September.
flxfxp is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST