BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-23-2011, 07:16 AM   #23
ss134
Brigadier General
ss134's Avatar
United Kingdom
69
Rep
3,808
Posts

 
Drives: ...a hard bargain...
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germany/UK

iTrader: (1)

Not for me personally but if you like it then who cares what anyone else thinks? Just don't get upset if people have a different opinion to you - you posted up!

My opinion is that the 20s look too big and the slammed look lacks class.
__________________
2014 AW F80 M3 DCT
2011 AW E90 M3 DCT - Sold
2010 JZB E90 M3 DCT - Sold
2009 6MT E90 LCI 335i M -Sport - Sold
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 07:34 AM   #24
Elementary
If you ain't first, you're last!
2
Rep
112
Posts

 
Drives: M Drei
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

I posted up a build recently with 18x11 front and rear with no modifications to the fenders.... the setup is more practical, more functional, and built for track use.

Check it out...
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=618213
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 07:47 AM   #25
SuperTech504
New Member
1
Rep
28
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: City Of Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elementary View Post
I posted up a build recently with 18x11 front and rear with no modifications to the fenders.... the setup is more practical, more functional, and built for track use.

Check it out...
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=618213
Nice setup for a track car.
11" width will fit no prob bit you won't be able to slam the car.
My car is an everyday luxury car. I may hit the track one to two times a year with no prob just slapping my stocks back on.
Pulse i don't think I would track my car with 7K rims on it LOL!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 07:50 AM   #26
SuperTech504
New Member
1
Rep
28
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: City Of Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calintexas View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTech504 View Post
Car is totally functional, n them some!
My car is a daily driver not a daily track car.
Slap my OEM's on n let's take them to the track we will then see who's car performs better....

I'm all about classy clean aggressive looks, as my car shows it.

I LOVE THE HATERS! Hahahaha!!
Yes, very classy. You ask what people think, and then slam the ones that don't agree with what you've done.
I'm not slammin on no ones opinion. LOL
As you said, " I asked " which I wanted to hear both sides.
I like to hear what people think of the car. Some like the track look and some like the lux look, two different worlds.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 09:02 AM   #27
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Kyoshi71's Avatar
35
Rep
2,528
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyCSL View Post
Not everyone is about performance.

I've seen Chevy's with 454's, and i've seen the same Chevy with 14-inch Daytons and hydraulic pumps in the trunk. Its a matter of preference no?
This post makes no sense.

Not everyone is about performance? Ahhhh, that's what 328i's are for.
Also, you've seen Chevys with 454's? Fabulous and irrelevant at the same time. My question to you is, have you ever seen anyone rip-out the 454 and replace it with a straight 6? Probably not.
__________________
"But resist we much; we must; and we will much; about that be committed."
~Rev. Al Sharpton


2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 11:03 AM   #28
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
157
Rep
13,121
Posts


 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Those don't look in any way like $7k wheels. If so, I think you overpaid by $5k.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 01:44 PM   #29
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict
the infamous...'s Avatar
United_States
435
Rep
17,533
Posts

 
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PARADISE aka CANES COUNTRY

iTrader: (0)

call me ghetto dawg, cuz dat fitment be gangsta yo!! chicka chicka yeee!
maaad props

+1 on tire sizes, n who makes these?
__________________


"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #30
SuperTech504
New Member
1
Rep
28
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: City Of Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the infamous... View Post
call me ghetto dawg, cuz dat fitment be gangsta yo!! chicka chicka yeee!
maaad props

1 on tire sizes, n who makes these?
Tires:
285/30/20 (rear)
245/30/20 (front)

People are funny as hell!

This is why I started this thread because 90% of people that own a e92 M3 all they do the same ol' thing, mesh wheels or the BBS ya know!?

Thanks dude for the props!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #31
Nexlevmm
Lieutenant
Nexlevmm's Avatar
No_Country
7
Rep
430
Posts

 
Drives: SG E92 M
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Here and Now

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
This post makes no sense.

Not everyone is about performance? Ahhhh, that's what 328i's are for.
Also, you've seen Chevys with 454's? Fabulous and irrelevant at the same time. My question to you is, have you ever seen anyone rip-out the 454 and replace it with a straight 6? Probably not.


You know you're absolutely right, ive never seen anyone rip out the 454 and put in a straight six. i have however seen many a persons rip out the stock wheels on an M3 and replace them with 20's.

My point was that not everyone will modify something just because its better for the track, some people just wanna cruise baby
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 03:42 PM   #32
SuperTech504
New Member
1
Rep
28
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: City Of Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyCSL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
This post makes no sense.

Not everyone is about performance? Ahhhh, that's what 328i's are for.
Also, you've seen Chevys with 454's? Fabulous and irrelevant at the same time. My question to you is, have you ever seen anyone rip-out the 454 and replace it with a straight 6? Probably not.


You know you're absolutely right, ive never seen anyone rip out the 454 and put in a straight six. i have however seen many a persons rip out the stock wheels on an M3 and replace them with 20's.

My point was that not everyone will modify something just because its better for the track, some people just wanna cruise baby
^ 1
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 06:01 AM   #33
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict
the infamous...'s Avatar
United_States
435
Rep
17,533
Posts

 
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PARADISE aka CANES COUNTRY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTech504 View Post
Tires:
285/30/20 (rear)
245/30/20 (front)

People are funny as hell!

This is why I started this thread because 90% of people that own a e92 M3 all they do the same ol' thing, mesh wheels or the BBS ya know!?

Thanks dude for the props!
haha not that i don't like mesh wheels or bbs, but i couldn't agree more...
n as u can tell, most m3post members r lame.
if u ask 'em wut '///M' stands 4, they'll say 'miserable' - Bitchass Miserable Wimps.

fuck all hataz!


who makes the wheels btw?
__________________


"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 10:44 PM   #34
Ateam
Banned
17
Rep
1,109
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Glad you "love the haters" because it looks like shit and 99 percent of people who see your car are "haters" Props to liking mods that everyone in the world believe looks like absolute trash!

Sad thing is its not like it looks like garbage in the name of better handling or lighter weight or SOME other benefit. It worsens handling, weight, comfort, cornering AND looks like vomit.

Really trashy overall-congrats!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 05:04 PM   #35
Fe9L
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
267
Posts

 
Drives: VR6 & E36vert, for now!
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

Looks good....but not the "most" aggressive!

All that matters is that you're happy
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #36
folgrz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
3
Rep
230
Posts

 
Drives: AW E46 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Long Island,NY

iTrader: (0)

I think it looks pretty awesome!

Cheers for having the balls to do it!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #37
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
CPWINCH's Avatar
United_States
39
Rep
3,550
Posts

 
Drives: F32 4 Series
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (5)

Lol m3 crowd are haters, 11 rears is nothing crazy tho, people have fit that and than some on our less wide 335s

For all the haters, if you think this m3 is crazy click here : http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=516299
__________________
Follow my BMW instagram @Bmwmodification Let me know you are from bimmerpost and i'll follow back

Last edited by CPWINCH; 12-27-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 11:52 PM   #38
808elise
Private First Class
United_States
2
Rep
179
Posts

 
Drives: CB E46 and SG E92 M3s
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Honolulu, HI

iTrader: (1)

So many haters on here. Who cares what they say as every hater is just someone following the greater of the majority. Check out e46fanatics sometime and check out all the BS they say about E92s just because they can't afford to make a move. The people that make this forum awesome are the ones that don't even own an M and come here to comment on the cars because they don't have anything vested into the car. Usually, the worst are the ones who have the most vested.

I think your car looks great. I personally like BBS but can appreciate some originality in a forum where all you see is matte black mesh rims. Hence the reason why companies like IND are so F()*ing awesome and have added some color to our black and white beemer worlds.

I look forward to seeing further mods on your car as it will probably b one of the ones that others will soon be copying because of its originality. No one will give a about these haters cars ever.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 03:44 AM   #39
mshab356
Go ///M or go home
mshab356's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
745
Posts

 
Drives: a ///Monster
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern VA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
Not everyone is about performance? Ahhhh, that's what 328i's are for.
Is that so? So M3's are only meant for performance-minded individuals? If that's the case, would you say that anyone who owns an M3 for looks only should trade it in for a 328i? That's a little extreme of a statement. Did you not think that there is a middle ground for people who bought an M3 for both, like me?


Quote:
Originally Posted by 808elise View Post
So many haters on here. Who cares what they say as every hater is just someone following the greater of the majority. Check out e46fanatics sometime and check out all the BS they say about E92s just because they can't afford to make a move. The people that make this forum awesome are the ones that don't even own an M and come here to comment on the cars because they don't have anything vested into the car. Usually, the worst are the ones who have the most vested.

I think your car looks great. I personally like BBS but can appreciate some originality in a forum where all you see is matte black mesh rims. Hence the reason why companies like IND are so F()*ing awesome and have added some color to our black and white beemer worlds.

I look forward to seeing further mods on your car as it will probably b one of the ones that others will soon be copying because of its originality. No one will give a about these haters cars ever.
You should get an award.

To the OP, I am personally not a fan of 20's but your car sits nicely to me. Screw the haters. Do what you want and don't give a rat's ass about what anyone else thinks.
__________________
GONE 2011.5 SG E92 ///M3 6MT | CF kidney grills | IND SG painted side grills w/ tinted lenses | Painted bumper reflectors | TMS 90mm stud kit | Rear fog light mod | Active Autowerke exhaust |

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 10:14 PM   #40
skins333
Captain
skins333's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
988
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E93 BMW M3 MR/'12 x5d SG
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Northern VA

iTrader: (2)

Looks good man.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 02:10 AM   #41
SuperTech504
New Member
1
Rep
28
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: City Of Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808elise View Post
So many haters on here. Who cares what they say as every hater is just someone following the greater of the majority. Check out e46fanatics sometime and check out all the BS they say about E92s just because they can't afford to make a move. The people that make this forum awesome are the ones that don't even own an M and come here to comment on the cars because they don't have anything vested into the car. Usually, the worst are the ones who have the most vested.

I think your car looks great. I personally like BBS but can appreciate some originality in a forum where all you see is matte black mesh rims. Hence the reason why companies like IND are so F()*ing awesome and have added some color to our black and white beemer worlds.

I look forward to seeing further mods on your car as it will probably b one of the ones that others will soon be copying because of its originality. No one will give a about these haters cars ever.
Hahahaha!!!
Nicely said!
This is why I posted this, LOL!
I knew it was gonna stir up some shit!
I love they way people say "let's see how it performs on the track now". Obviously I wouldn't take my car to the track with this setup on it.
But met me put my stocks back and set my height to performance with the slicks an then against your stock n we can have a day full of fun!

I love the "hater" comments!
Make me want to mod my car out of the ordinary even more!

Like I said before, all e92 M3 owners all follow the same look and do the mesh or bbs look. Don't get me wrong I like that look but prefer the luxury look when I'm on the street.(daily driver)
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 02:14 AM   #42
SuperTech504
New Member
1
Rep
28
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: City Of Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe9L View Post
Looks good....but not the "most" aggressive!

All that matters is that you're happy
Yup!
If you read the header..
"Without modding your ride"
There is no way you can fit a wider rim and have it UNDER the fender without having to roll ur fender. LOL
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 02:22 AM   #43
SuperTech504
New Member
1
Rep
28
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: City Of Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
Lol m3 crowd are haters, 11 rears is nothing crazy tho, people have fit that and than some on our less wide 335s

For all the haters, if you think this m3 is crazy click here : http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=516299
Yup they are! LOL
Love the haters n how they say your car has to be a track car just cuz it's a "M".
This fitment is the most aggressive fitment you gonna fit with the tires under the fenders without modding "Rolling" them.
My car has no modifications at all. Slap n go! LOL
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2011, 11:35 AM   #44
akina335
Second Lieutenant
6
Rep
263
Posts

 
Drives: a car
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CA

iTrader: (2)

I modded all 4 of my fenders on my E90 M3. Hate on me now.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST