BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

GT Haus

12-22-2011, 11:01 AM   #1
Watwood
Private

Drives: 335i

Maximum Time Between Credit Card Transaction Date and Post Date

Curiosity, is there a window a retailer, or credit card company has to post a transaction? I was working on cancelling a CC last night, and like a good white boy I went to confirm my balance was $0, even though my balance was $0 last week and I had not used it. Lo and behold, a transaction appeared from 2 months ago (1 month and 29 days ago). What. The. Heck.
So what are (if any) the window timeline rules for a transaction to post? I don't mind paying it, it mainly just ticked me off I'll have to wait a few more days to wait for that payment to go through before cancelling the CC, not to mention a pretty significant goof on their part.

Too bad I did not cancel it a week ago. What a clusterfuck that would have been.
      12-22-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?

Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watwood View Post
Curiosity, is there a window a retailer, or credit card company has to post a transaction? I was working on cancelling a CC last night, and like a good white boy I went to confirm my balance was $0, even though my balance was $0 last week and I had not used it. Lo and behold, a transaction appeared from 2 months ago (1 month and 29 days ago). What. The. Heck.
So what are (if any) the window timeline rules for a transaction to post? I don't mind paying it, it mainly just ticked me off I'll have to wait a few more days to wait for that payment to go through before cancelling the CC, not to mention a pretty significant goof on their part.

Too bad I did not cancel it a week ago. What a clusterfuck that would have been.
None... patience is a virtue.