BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

GT Haus

04-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
SKFlatlander

Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Going over the reccomended KM's on First Service

I just picked up my M3 last weekend and after this weekend I will be ready for the 2000 KM first service. Today I called my dealership to book an appointment next week to have the service done. To my surprise I was informed the first available time was 2 weeks away. Kinda sucks that after this weekend I am going to have to park my car until then.

I sent an FYI to my salesman about the situation and his response was that he spoke to a tech and said not to worry about going over the 2000 KM. This kind of scares me...

Below is the email I sent to my salesman and his response.

My email:

"I am taking the car on a trip this weekend that will put it just about to the 2000 km so after that it will need its first service. Today I called to get it booked in, and I now wish I had know how far ahead your service department is booking. I couldn't get in until May 8th. I booked it in for the 10th because if I am taking a day to bring it in then it might as well be a friday, but I am not looking forward to, after only owning the car for a week, having to park it for 2 weeks until it can be serviced.

Also in addition to the door not lining up with body there is also a whistle at highway speed from the drivers door window. I imagine both problems will be solved with the door adjustment and I informed the service department of both issues.

I know you can't really do anything as others booked ahead of me, I just wish I had been informed on the lead time required to book appointments."

My salesman's response:

You don't have to park it. You can drive it. It won't hurt the car I spoke to the techs
      04-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
The service doesn't have to be right at the 1200 mile mark but needs to be done in a reasonable amount of time thereafter. My dealer allowed 2000 miles. I was told though that your warranty can be voided if you go too far over.
      04-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #3
schnell325
Bored at work....

Drives: '08 M3,'11 335xi

Ah Saskatchewan, my old high speed test grounds from my youth.

Which dealership? Dilawri in Regina?
'08 E92 SG M3: AA G2L3 snail, Catless X-Pipe & Sig Series Rear. AP rods. TC Kline EDC Coil Overs. MRF Alum Sub Frame Bushings. TMS Delrin Diff'l Bushings. BFI Motor Mounts. Recaro PP's. BMW Elec Perf Steering Wheel. P3 Vent Gauge. PS Overflow Kit. LUX V3. APEX ARC-8 18"x9.5"/10.5". Conti Slicks 275/35F 305/30R. Stoptech Pads/SS Lines. Castrol SRF. Cantrell Motorsports Brake Duct Kit.
schnell325 is offline   Canada
      04-27-2013, 02:15 AM   #4
SKFlatlander

Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

No Bema I live much closer to Saskatoon.
      04-27-2013, 05:12 AM   #5
cwg
Captain

Drives: 2013 M3 ZCP. Jzb on black

I am sure 1500 miles is no problem at all. I wonder if the car has some warning if you go too long