BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-21-2011, 04:36 AM   #1
CityOfAngels
Enlisted Member
17

 
Drives: W211 E55 AMG
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA


Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Do they make HRE reps?

Do you know there is an HRE style rep in this model (but in matte black)?

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 09:13 AM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
204


 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas


Posts: 13,111
iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Just say no.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #3
immiketoo
Colonel
134

 
immiketoo's Avatar
 
Drives: Smoothly
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago Burbs


Posts: 2,873
iTrader: (0)

:Facepalm:
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 11:46 AM   #4
isugoo
Major General
United_States
103

 
isugoo's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 M5 CP
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, CA


Posts: 5,718
iTrader: (61)

VMR V710 is a good example of HRE design knockoffs.
But they can't knock off quality from HRE though...
__________________

PAST: 11 E70 X5M | 08 E90 M3 | 08 E92 335i | 03.5 E46 M3 | 99 E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #5
disapr
drop a gear and...
United_States
54

 
Drives: 2010 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, TX


Posts: 961
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityOfAngels View Post
Do you know there is an HRE style rep in this model (but in matte black)?

__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 12:30 PM   #6
NOTFA5T
MotorCity Gumball
United_States
9

 
NOTFA5T's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 M3 SC, 14 CLA 45 AMG
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Detroit, MI


Posts: 280
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Save and buy the real thing.
__________________
FBO E85 R35 GTR
2015 M235I- Burger intake and Rebellion tune.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #7
KennyPowers
Brigadier General
129

 
Drives: .....
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gulf Coast


Posts: 4,421
iTrader: (13)

Morr VS8.2 wheels are sort of a rep of the HRE p40. I love both wheels, HREs a little more.

Morr is a good example of a high quality wheel that is sort of a rep of an HRE wheel.

VMR wheels are cheap gravity cast rep wheels. I would not run them on my M3.

Avant Garde makes a higher quality low pressure cast rep that I would consider.
__________________
PCD 10/10 on 2015 M3 : MW / SB Full Leather / HK audio / Adaptive Suspension / Silver 19s / 6MT / CF Roof
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 12:35 PM   #8
HRE_Mickey
Captain
118

 
Drives: Sold E39 M5
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Diego, CA


Posts: 759
iTrader: (0)



CityOfAngels, when you knock off the original, you might not get the quality of the original. Just because they visually look similar, even if forged replicas, they might not have the engineering and design that is put into our wheels.

Please contact us directly or one of our dealers for pricing. I would also take a look at classifieds, you might find a set of used HRE Wheels within a price point you can justify.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 12:35 PM   #9
CityOfAngels
Enlisted Member
17

 
Drives: W211 E55 AMG
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA


Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Thanks guys. I meant similar design like avant garde, not a Chinese copy that says HRE on them.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2011, 01:00 PM   #10
HRE_Mickey
Captain
118

 
Drives: Sold E39 M5
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Diego, CA


Posts: 759
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityOfAngels View Post
Thanks guys. I meant similar design like avant garde, not a Chinese copy that says HRE on them.
I think that's what they meant as well. Just because they have name brand still can be considered a replica/knockoff.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 04:15 AM   #11
Robmaster
Colonel
Switzerland
111

 
Robmaster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E82 135, 2005 E87 130i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Switzerland


Posts: 2,718
iTrader: (3)

^ ^ why did you discontinued the HRE 546 style? was the best looking wheel! (for me)
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 01:11 PM   #12
SPEED & TECH MOTORING
Banned
United_States
2

 
Drives: e92 aw/fr M-THREE
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC Metro


Posts: 117
iTrader: (0)

/\ i see a lot of discontinued model of HREs makes me sad cuz they were nice.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 03:09 PM   #13
Carlos@MORR
First Lieutenant
United_States
18

 
Carlos@MORR's Avatar
 
Drives: Individual E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Everywhere


Posts: 357
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
Morr VS8.2 wheels are sort of a rep of the HRE p40. I love both wheels, HREs a little more.

Morr is a good example of a high quality wheel that is sort of a rep of an HRE wheel.

VMR wheels are cheap gravity cast rep wheels. I would not run them on my M3.

Avant Garde makes a higher quality low pressure cast rep that I would consider.
There are many distinctions between both designs. Spoke profile, curvature, depth, outer lip, inner lip, and mostly concavity are all very different and distinguishable.

To the OP, if you are interested in an HRE P40 replica, VMR, Avant Garde, Eurotek and RTR all make replicas. The process of designing, engineering and manufacturing a high quality forged wheel is a very expensive one. If you are interested in the HRE P40 I would recommend you contact HRE Wheels, or Lon@HRE, and inquire about how to obtain a set. If your budget does not allow, there are other alternative high end wheels out there that you can purchase for a lower price while maintaining the same quality level.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 03:39 PM   #14
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
115

 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary


Posts: 3,314
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos@MORR View Post
There are many distinctions between both designs. Spoke profile, curvature, depth, outer lip, inner lip, and mostly concavity are all very different and distinguishable.

To the OP, if you are interested in an HRE P40 replica, VMR, Avant Garde, Eurotek and RTR all make replicas. The process of designing, engineering and manufacturing a high quality forged wheel is a very expensive one. If you are interested in the HRE P40 I would recommend you contact HRE Wheels, or Lon@HRE, and inquire about how to obtain a set. If your budget does not allow, there are other alternative high end wheels out there that you can purchase for a lower price while maintaining the same quality level.
+1 , finally a vendor that didn't just try to push their product on somebody. This kind of thing gains mad respect in my book, as a company and an individual.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #15
Nexlevmm
Lieutenant
No_Country
17

 
Nexlevmm's Avatar
 
Drives: SG E92 M
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Here and Now


Posts: 430
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon@HRE View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
+1 , finally a vendor that didn't just try to push their product on somebody. This kind of thing gains mad respect in my book, as a company and an individual.
+1
I respect information more than a sales pitch.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST