BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

GT Haus

12-23-2011, 01:34 PM   #67
von_zoom
Captain

Drives: 2010 Z06

Wow, you story continues to grow. BTW, why do you need to drive Corvair??

Quote:
Gets me same loaner (2011 328) and is very apologetic.
And, why begin another thread about this saga?
vz

Previous Track Toy
      12-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #68
runnerguy1979
One Life ... Live It

Drives: 2012 M3 E92 6MT ZCP Space Grey

completely agree with the never let the dealer wash.....

my story: my last car was a S2000, meticulously cleaned/waxed/dealer maintained/etc. During the last major service at the dealership, I guess the guys got some oil/grease on the hood/bumper and as a courtesy (and without telling me) cleaned and "detailed" the car for me. I always tend to hang around the maint bay while my car is getting worked on (yeah, I'm that guy...no waiting rooms for me) and I notice the guy with a hose and a rag on my car's front-end. I immediately thanked him for the gesture but asked him to stop...as polite as I could.

I paid and told the service manager not to clean the car for me in the future, but again thanked him for the gesture. He told me the car washes are a customer service and tend to go over really well with the older crowd.

Unfortunately, I didn't check the car before I left because once I got home I noticed major scratches/scrapes (like sand paper) all over my headlights and front nose. Like had been mentioned before, if I had done a walk around with the dealer before hand, I would have had a leg to stand on but I certainly couldn't claim it was their crappy car wash that scratched the car. It would have been their word against mine.

Lessons learned for me: always do a walk-around before the car is serviced and always make it clear to the service department that you don't want the complimentary car wash, even if there's grease/dirt on the paint from the maintenance work that was done.
runnerguy1979 is offline   No_Country
      12-26-2011, 03:08 PM   #69
mjposner
Major

Drives: 2014 235i

I like Corvairs. IMHO they are the most unique "antique" car, a poor man's Porsche if you will. Air cooled boxer six engine, fully independent suspension, rear engined and fun to drive for an old car.
My Car Photo Blog: http://carfisheye.blogspot.com/
mjposner is offline   United_States