BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Steve Thomas BMW

07-17-2007, 08:06 PM   #67
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Some Mazda junk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaBoy View Post
Yes, and the educated ones who are not extremists should be intelligent enough to see what it has wrought in the world and drop Islam and distance themselves from a teaching that tells people they get virgins for killing people. Make no mistake; I don't believe for one moment that Allah is the God of the Bible, and I think anyone who follows Muhammad is a fool, as I think history proves he was a murderer just like many of those who follow him. And while you are trying to convince everyone here how "tolerant" you are, you know very well that if I put these opinions on a banner and displayed it in the streets of most Islamic countries I would be arrested if not SHOT DEAD on the spot. So don't try to squirm like an eel and pretend that is not true of the so-called "peaceful religion." Get my drift?

Everyone who has killed in the name of Islam in the last 10 years has justified it with your "holy book," and this is not stopping. As Jesus stated; "you shall know them by their fruits." Quite simply, there is a disproportionate amount of bad fruit currently rotting under Islam's ugly tree. In other words, you didn't see alot of Christians blowing up the Glasgow airport last week or bombing London did you. This is what makes defending it so absurd. Turn from it. Good gosh, run from it. It's a bloody and racist replacement for a relationship with God. Global Islam has not progressed or blossomed into something beautiful. It has rotted and it makes you smell bad. Said not to offend you my friend, but the truth is what it is. Had not the teachings of Islam and it's associated culture of hate been so dubious, the extremists would not be marching in the streets and so easily attaching themselves to it. If they had not heard it from Islamic mosques and Islamic mullahs your pathetic defense might hold water. Even National Geographic was able to get a hidden camera on this truth, it cannot be denied.

Global Islam is an extreme teaching everywhere it has taken over a government; and it has no tolerance of anything Christian as I have already shown. Note that I said "global Islam"; this is not easily seen in the westernized version, and to be fair there are many good people such as yourself who are at least trying to change things but the problem is, I fear the bad goes to the root. Christ has a better plan filled with love and his arms are open.

Well, now you have seen one with a view that is actually based on reality.
Frankly I would be ashamed of Islam and I would never come on here and defend it as "just a few radicals" because we see many thousands marching in the streets and burning the U.S. flag and we know what global face Islam wears and I will have no part of it. No longer confined to the Middle East, this rotting fruit has now spread its evil stink onto the world, including my nation, my friends. I'm not angry at you personally but the work of many of Islam's followers is a little too plain to see in the sunlight:

Sure, extremism is BAD.
Now, do you want me to post all the destroyed buildings, cities, countries, killed innocent women, men and children by the US Liberation Army around the world???

Lets not be so naive...
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2007, 08:09 PM   #68
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post
My rebuttal to that: Sometimes it's better to tear down an old building to prevent it falling on innocent people than it is to keep trying to repair it. I know that's an overly simplistic and deconstructionistic attitude but sadly it will probably come down to that. The established governments (dictatorships, monarchies, etc)have been in power for many years and will not willingly let power slip through their hands. Maybe I'm an idealist but I really do believe that people could really pull together and make this world a little bit better if their oppressing governments were gone. The U.S / West will always have a negative reputation no matter what we do. We leave the Middle East and we get blamed for abandoning them. We stay , we are blamed for occupying them. A real catch 22 if there ever was one.
Ahm, you realize that we do have a DICTATOR that has been in power for 50 years just 90 miles south of FL, and that dictator has shown o us clearly that he is willing to NUKE us and he was gladly killing our soldiers in the bay of pigs...and his people are fleeing and telling us horrible stories...

And I am sure that if you captured his scientists and offer them $$ and citizenship, they will publically tell you about the nuclear program in Cuba...

But hey, Israel is too far and no oil down in Cuba, so long live Castro...
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 09:29 AM   #69
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Jesus, help me here, but we Christians have our fair share of 'extreme' practictioners. In fact, I can think of many who looked just like that photo of recruiting kids in the hood. What sorts of atrocities were committed in the last 50-100 years right here in the US of A?
I don't think its a particular religion that breeds hatred or violence, that's left up to the practitioner.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 09:44 AM   #70
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Jesus, help me here, but we Christians have our fair share of 'extreme' practictioners. In fact, I can think of many who looked just like that photo of recruiting kids in the hood. What sorts of atrocities were committed in the last 50-100 years right here in the US of A?
I don't think its a particular religion that breeds hatred or violence, that's left up to the practitioner.
Of course.
The thing is that we re-defined the bad things we did as: colleteral damage, blame it on false intel, and so on...

1) Our recruiters specifically target a group for the Army. It is so obvious, then they flash (now) $50k in front of them and tell them all nice stories missing to tell them the details about the wars and so on...
2) We clearly did something against the World will (and the UN that was supposedly created by us in the years of cold war). Now, that we're the ultimate World Power, the UN does not matter any more. Then, again, the leadership blames it on the bad intel, and the case is closed. I cannot believe that someone will tell us -- Well, bad intel, bad luck. We distroyed the country, but hey, next time we hope to have better intel. And even worse -- our public will accept it.

Of course the Muslim world will get more attention since we stuck a jewish country right in the middle of Muslim world. Politics is dirty, therefore, there will never be (willing) peace int he region, and the Muslims will always be blamed for it... I wish we could stop generalizing people by their origin or religion...
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 11:10 AM   #71
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Of course.
The thing is that we re-defined the bad things we did as: colleteral damage, blame it on false intel, and so on...

1) Our recruiters specifically target a group for the Army. It is so obvious, then they flash (now) $50k in front of them and tell them all nice stories missing to tell them the details about the wars and so on...
2) We clearly did something against the World will (and the UN that was supposedly created by us in the years of cold war). Now, that we're the ultimate World Power, the UN does not matter any more. Then, again, the leadership blames it on the bad intel, and the case is closed. I cannot believe that someone will tell us -- Well, bad intel, bad luck. We distroyed the country, but hey, next time we hope to have better intel. And even worse -- our public will accept it.

Of course the Muslim world will get more attention since we stuck a jewish country right in the middle of Muslim world. Politics is dirty, therefore, there will never be (willing) peace int he region, and the Muslims will always be blamed for it... I wish we could stop generalizing people by their origin or religion...
I must say that you display a greater amount of ignorance every time you post.

Collateral damage has ALWAYS been part of warfare. The US has taken greater steps than any nation in history to limit it but it cannot and will not ever disappear. War is ugly, messy, and dangerous and tragically innocent people are wounded and die in them. The difference between us and the Islamo-fascists we are fighting is that they intend to kill civilians. They drive truckloads of explosives into crowded markets with the stated objective of killing as many innocents as possible. We however have spent the last 40+ years developing precision guided munitions and refining rules of engagement to limit the damage to non-combatants. If we were as bad as our enemy, as you imply, Iraq and Afghanistan would be smoldering, radioactive wastelands that would be uninhabitable for generations.

Do people make mistakes? Do analysts at intelligence agencies screw-up? Of course they do, the last perfect human being got nailed to a cross almost 2,000 years ago. If you are saying that we as a nation should only take the action we believe necessary for our own defense when we have perfect information, then you are a fool. Perfect intelligence does not exist in a world were the other side takes active steps to hide information and deceive. What you advocate is national paralysis.

Your point about Army recruiting is nonsense on stilts. The demographics of the Army reflect to a great extent the demographics of the nation. There are disparities, soldiers generally are better educated, come from rural rather than urban areas, and are more likely to be from the south or the west but these differences sure do not support your implication. Take a look here and here.

As for your comments about Israel, are you under some sort of delusion that Muslims have lived in that part of the world longer than Jews? The Arab claim to the land has no more legitimacy than that of the Jews, actually less now that they have gotten their asses handed to them repeatedly over the last 60 years by the Israelis. If Israel treated its Arabs the way most Arab nations have treated their Jews, there would not be a single Arab in Israel, the West Bank, or Gaza.

Your warped sense of moral equivalency is downright shameful.

Since you claim to have a doctorate, I can assume you actually know something about something. I suggest you stick to your area of expertise because this nonsense you spout is contributing nothing.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 11:23 AM   #72
ATG
Major
Cuba
Rep

Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone

Garage List
Quote:
I want hard evidence that any atrocity was committed in the US of A in the last 50-100 years.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 11:29 AM   #73
BMW320i
Colonel
Oman
Rep

Drives: '06 AW 320i

Garage List
2006 320i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to BMW320i
i just saw this thread, i stopped posting in relegious threads since muslims were always attacked in them ...

im bugging in, but here's my opinion ...

always, when a muslim boms somewhere, it's cuz his muslim, if a person with other religion, it's the person,,,

and when the US claims that it did what it did in Iraq and Afghanestan to make them better countries, at least Iraq, can you say that those countries are now better countries becuz of the US ??
they are like hell on earth...

my opinion ...

19" velocity CSL replicas staggured // Continental sport contact 2: rear: 255/35/19, Front: 235/35/19 // Blacklines // rear OEM spoiler // y-connector // 30% v-kool tint all around // Black Roof/Mirrors // H&R Sport springs // H&R TRAK+ 15mm spacers //
BMW never makes ordinary cars . . .
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 11:42 AM   #74
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW320i View Post
i just saw this thread, i stopped posting in relegious threads since muslims were always attacked in them ...

im bugging in, but here's my opinion ...

always, when a muslim boms somewhere, it's cuz his muslim, if a person with other religion, it's the person,,,

and when the US claims that it did what it did in Iraq and Afghanestan to make them better countries, at least Iraq, can you say that those countries are now better countries becuz of the US ??
they are like hell on earth...

my opinion ...
I would disagree with you. I do not recall anyone attributing terrorist acts by the PLO, whether they be Munich in 1972 or any number of hijackings, to Islam. Only when the acts are perpetrated by organizations (Hamas, Hizbollah, al Qaeda) or individuals that claim to be acting in the name of Islam does what you claim hold true.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 11:53 AM   #75
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
I must say that you display a greater amount of ignorance every time you post.

Collateral damage has ALWAYS been part of warfare. The US has taken greater steps than any nation in history to limit it but it cannot and will not ever disappear. War is ugly, messy, and dangerous and tragically innocent people are wounded and die in them. The difference between us and the Islamo-fascists we are fighting is that they intend to kill civilians. They drive truckloads of explosives into crowded markets with the stated objective of killing as many innocents as possible. We however have spent the last 40+ years developing precision guided munitions and refining rules of engagement to limit the damage to non-combatants. If we were as bad as our enemy, as you imply, Iraq and Afghanistan would be smoldering, radioactive wastelands that would be uninhabitable for generations.

Do people make mistakes? Do analysts at intelligence agencies screw-up? Of course they do, the last perfect human being got nailed to a cross almost 2,000 years ago. If you are saying that we as a nation should only take the action we believe necessary for our own defense when we have perfect information, then you are a fool. Perfect intelligence does not exist in a world were the other side takes active steps to hide information and deceive. What you advocate is national paralysis.

Your point about Army recruiting is nonsense on stilts. The demographics of the Army reflect to a great extent the demographics of the nation. There are disparities, soldiers generally are better educated, come from rural rather than urban areas, and are more likely to be from the south or the west but these differences sure do not support your implication. Take a look here and here.

As for your comments about Israel, are you under some sort of delusion that Muslims have lived in that part of the world longer than Jews? The Arab claim to the land has no more legitimacy than that of the Jews, actually less now that they have gotten their asses handed to them repeatedly over the last 60 years by the Israelis. If Israel treated its Arabs the way most Arab nations have treated their Jews, there would not be a single Arab in Israel, the West Bank, or Gaza.

Your warped sense of moral equivalency is downright shameful.

Since you claim to have a doctorate, I can assume you actually know something about something. I suggest you stick to your area of expertise because this nonsense you spout is contributing nothing.
Again, your opinion...that counts nothing in my book, and the book of many.
Again, talk against the Gov't and Bush = nonsence in your book.

And again and again, wrong --> show me the post where I "claimed" to have a doctorate...

All I see is your claims how YOU know something on this topic. And all I read is how all the critisizm against the leadership is a nonsence. Then -- why is the nation of the USA so unhappy with the leaders??? Why are the other countries openly blaming us for everything bad that happened to them lately???

Wake up!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 12:09 PM   #76
Max_!
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E91

> Approved suicide? It's not an approved Islamic act, and a fatwa on such a matter would most likely be considered incorrect by other scholars.

There's this extremely popular childrens program made in Palestina with a Bee telling children about the bliss of jihad.

"I am Nahool [the bee], Farfur's cousin...I want to continue the path of Farfur, -- the path of 'Islam is the solution; the path of heroism; the path of martyrdom; the path of the Jihad warriors. Me and my friends shall continue the path of Farfur," Nahool says in the same squeaky voice that his cousin had.

"And in his name we shall take revenge upon the enemies of Allah, the murderers of the prophets [i.e. the Jews], the murderers of innocent children, until Al-Aqsa will be liberated from their filth,"

It would seem millions of muslims care as much about your scholars as Bush does.

I think you should probably rename your religion if you don't want it to be associated with the terrorists. Fork it, create a new branch.

> What may not be erotic to you can easily be considered erotic to someone else.

Since women in Burka's get raped, it's obvious even the most ludicrous level of modesty does not afford protection.

Thus the conclusion must be that it's not the women but the men that are the problem. Instead of women in Burka's, you could make all men wear spiked cockrings
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 12:21 PM   #77
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Rape is NOT a sexual act. The sex is just a means to an end, violent control of another person. If it were a sexual act, 20 somethings wouldn't be raping blue haired old ladies.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 12:29 PM   #78
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Again, your opinion...that counts nothing in my book, and the book of many.
Again, talk against the Gov't and Bush = nonsence in your book.

And again and again, wrong --> show me the post where I "claimed" to have a doctorate...

All I see is your claims how YOU know something on this topic. And all I read is how all the critisizm against the leadership is a nonsence. Then -- why is the nation of the USA so unhappy with the leaders??? Why are the other countries openly blaming us for everything bad that happened to them lately???

Wake up!
I have never objected to criticism of the government or the Bush Administration if it is based on reality. I criticize the Administration all the time whether it be on government spending, energy policy, or social security. The difference is my criticism is based on actual proposals and policies rather than fanciful conspiracy theories revolving around secret cabals of oil men and Jews.

Do you have a doctorate? Your moniker suggests you do and I have referred to you as "the good doctor" repeatedly without contradiction so I apologize if I assumed incorrectly.

I have tried to explain to you that argumentum ad populum is a fallacious argument but you continually go back to it to justify your beliefs. I will say it again, I do not care what many/most people believe because their belief PROVES nothing.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 12:38 PM   #79
ATG
Major
Cuba
Rep

Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone

Garage List
Quote:
Rape is NOT a sexual act. The sex is just a means to an end, violent control of another person. If it were a sexual act, 20 somethings wouldn't be raping blue haired old ladies.
Very good summary.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 12:43 PM   #80
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I have never objected to criticism of the government or the Bush Administration if it is based on reality. I criticize the Administration all the time whether it be on government spending, energy policy, or social security. The difference is my criticism is based on actual proposals and policies rather than fanciful conspiracy theories revolving around secret cabals of oil men and Jews.

Do you have a doctorate? Your moniker suggests you do and I have referred to you as "the good doctor" repeatedly without contradiction so I apologize if I assumed incorrectly.

I have tried to explain to you that argumentum ad populum is a fallacious argument but you continually go back to it to justify your beliefs. I will say it again, I do not care what many/most people believe because their belief PROVES nothing.
Funny,
But again, the .MIL, .GOV web pages prove to you everything. I actually try to use common sense instead of Government press and numbers. Those mean nothing to me (any more). It is all what press you want to accept. You accept the .GOV crap as true, I say it is not. I accept something else that in your mind is really not a proof...

As you recall, I took the LSAT, too, and studied for it, so you do not need to explain me the approaches and theory for taking the test. The real life situations are actually different.

As for my nick name, did it ever occur to you that it may have been the name initials, or random letters, or kid's name maybe or... Or again, because it clearly says that "ganeil" comes from GA (Georgia) + Neil (name), all of the nicks should have clear meaning like that...

Anyway, I really still cannot see anything positive about what Bush did in Iraq so far -- the WMD (and capabilities), the DANGEROUS and super active Al Qaeda (or whoever) in Iraq before and after the invasion, the trillions spent, the latest reports on the Al Qaeda strength, regroupuing..., things that Bush promised in his (2000 and 2004) campaigns and what he accomplished, and on and on and on... Sure, Saddam is gone, great, but there is a few more of the same kind out there freely rulling...
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 01:14 PM   #81
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Funny,
But again, the .MIL, .GOV web pages prove to you everything. I actually try to use common sense instead of Government press and numbers. Those mean nothing to me (any more). It is all what press you want to accept. You accept the .GOV crap as true, I say it is not. I accept something else that in your mind is really not a proof...
The military and government documents I cite are subject to massive amounts of scrutiny by the press, Congress, and other independent parties. That level of scrutiny improves their credibility unless you believe that the press, the Democrats in Congress, and all the activists groups are in on the big conspiracy. I do not recall you ever providing a source for any of your statements save one that came from a little known Russian website that catered to your fellow conspiracy theorists.

Quote:
As you recall, I took the LSAT, too, and studied for it, so you do not need to explain me the approaches and theory for taking the test. The real life situations are actually different.
You lost me here.

Quote:
As for my nick name, did it ever occur to you that it may have been the name initials, or random letters, or kid's name maybe or... Or again, because it clearly says that "ganeil" comes from GA (Georgia) + Neil (name), all of the nicks should have clear meaning like that...
So, do you have a doctorate? As for my moniker, close the "neil" is a derivation of my last name and has been a nickname since I was a kid.

Quote:
Anyway, I really still cannot see anything positive about what Bush did in Iraq so far -- the WMD (and capabilities), the DANGEROUS and super active Al Qaeda (or whoever) in Iraq before and after the invasion, the trillions spent, the latest reports on the Al Qaeda strength, regroupuing..., things that Bush promised in his (2000 and 2004) campaigns and what he accomplished, and on and on and on... Sure, Saddam is gone, great, but there is a few more of the same kind out there freely rulling...
A murderous dictator who invaded his neighbors twice, gassed them and his own people, and was known to feed his opponents through a wood chipper no longer being in power is not something positive?

Twenty-seven million people having a say in their government for the first time in history is not something positive?

Denying al Qaeda an ally and safe haven in the heart of the Middle East and forcing them to fight in their neighborhood rather than ours is not something positive?

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 03:12 PM   #82
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
The military and government documents I cite are subject to massive amounts of scrutiny by the press, Congress, and other independent parties. That level of scrutiny improves their credibility unless you believe that the press, the Democrats in Congress, and all the activists groups are in on the big conspiracy. I do not recall you ever providing a source for any of your statements save one that came from a little known Russian website that catered to your fellow conspiracy theorists.

You lost me here.

So, do you have a doctorate? As for my moniker, close the "neil" is a derivation of my last name and has been a nickname since I was a kid.

A murderous dictator who invaded his neighbors twice, gassed them and his own people, and was known to feed his opponents through a wood chipper no longer being in power is not something positive?

Twenty-seven million people having a say in their government for the first time in history is not something positive?

Denying al Qaeda an ally and safe haven in the heart of the Middle East and forcing them to fight in their neighborhood rather than ours is not something positive?
Man, I can't work because of you
No, I don't have a doctorate (I do have the MSEE).
Invaded the neighbor twice...we did it more than that...yet -- we're OK to do so --> Afghanistan, Iraq over and over, tried Cuba, tried Vietnam, Korea, Serbia, Bosnia, and on and on... As long as you call it "liberation" all is fine.

As I mentioned many times -- as long as you call it a Colleteral Damange, -- kill them all.

250M people have NO say in OUR government but I guess that is OK...

Al Qaeda was a JOKE in Iraq before the Invasion. And we knew that. Now, when Bush served them 140k our kids on the plate, of course they would move that way. Actually we gave them a fairly safe haven in Iraq, we did not deny it to them. At fiirst we did it in Afghanistan, then we simply let them take some (and more every day) back. We expected that our "alies" will remain with us, and that we could control a few regions, but when Brits leave by the end of the year, we won't be able to control Baghdad itself, not the whole country or countries...
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 03:41 PM   #83
ganeil
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Man, I can't work because of you
No, I don't have a doctorate (I do have the MSEE).
Invaded the neighbor twice...we did it more than that...yet -- we're OK to do so --> Afghanistan, Iraq over and over, tried Cuba, tried Vietnam, Korea, Serbia, Bosnia, and on and on... As long as you call it "liberation" all is fine.

As I mentioned many times -- as long as you call it a Colleteral Damange, -- kill them all.

250M people have NO say in OUR government but I guess that is OK...

Al Qaeda was a JOKE in Iraq before the Invasion. And we knew that. Now, when Bush served them 140k our kids on the plate, of course they would move that way. Actually we gave them a fairly safe haven in Iraq, we did not deny it to them. At fiirst we did it in Afghanistan, then we simply let them take some (and more every day) back. We expected that our "alies" will remain with us, and that we could control a few regions, but when Brits leave by the end of the year, we won't be able to control Baghdad itself, not the whole country or countries...
So to your mind, our invasion of France on 6 June 1944 was the moral equivalent of Saddam's invasion of Kuwait? Our invasion of Afghanistan was the moral equivalent of Saddam's invasion of Iran? When exactly did we ever try to invade Korea, Vietnam, Bosnia, or Serbia?

There were 202,746,417 people eligible to vote in 2004, 123,535,883 people voted in that election and another 85,724,135 voted in the off-year 2006 elections. Where do you come up 250 million who have no say in our government?

Are you arguing that it is a bad thing that al Qaeda decided to take on our soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq rather than our civilians in NY and DC? I believe you would be hard pressed to find an al Qaeda operative who believes that they currently have a safe haven in either Iraq or Afghanistan.

What does the level of British forces (who have not announced they are leaving by the end of the year) in Iraq have to do with security in Baghdad?
BTW, the plan is not for us to control Baghdad or the entire country but to assist the Iraqis in doing so.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 04:48 PM   #84
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
So to your mind, our invasion of France on 6 June 1944 was the moral equivalent of Saddam's invasion of Kuwait? Our invasion of Afghanistan was the moral equivalent of Saddam's invasion of Iran? When exactly did we ever try to invade Korea, Vietnam, Bosnia, or Serbia?
Please do not compare smart and brave leaders fromt the WW2 and aly engagement at those times with the mess we have now. The only common thing is poor brave soldiers... We were restected then, and...definitely not now.
There is nothing MORAL in invading a sovereign country and (accidentally or not) killing innocent. Brings us to the same level as the bad guy invading Kuwait...

Are you kidding about Kore and Vietnam?
Serbia was invaded from air, again led by the USA and again without the UN SC approval. However, at that time, we had more suppoprt (or shoudl I say less opposition).

Quote:
There were 202,746,417 people eligible to vote in 2004, 123,535,883 people voted in that election and another 85,724,135 voted in the off-year 2006 elections. Where do you come up 250 million who have no say in our government?
Sorry, I meant 100M people, since we will not count the opinion of younger than 18, and non-citizens.

Quote:
Are you arguing that it is a bad thing that al Qaeda decided to take on our soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq rather than our civilians in NY and DC? I believe you would be hard pressed to find an al Qaeda operative who believes that they currently have a safe haven in either Iraq or Afghanistan.
I never argued that the Afghanistan thing was a bad idea, everything after that was bad. If we stuck to the initial plan, we would have been safer, Al Qaeda would not exist, OBL would have been captured, and at least 3400 US soldiers would be still alive.

Them killing our civilians in NYC/DC does not justify us killing a single Iraqi or Afghani civilian...

Everwhere we went -- Al Qaeda is flourishing now -- Kosovo, Bosnia, Afghanistan, Iraq...

Quote:

BTW, the plan is not for us to control Baghdad or the entire country but to assist the Iraqis in doing so.

Yep, and we knew they had no WMD and that was not the reason Bush told the public he went in...
Blah, blah...
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 07:38 PM   #85
FloridaBoy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2005 Z4 3.oi

ganeil, I like your style. Keep the heat on.

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 08:20 PM   #86
FloridaBoy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2005 Z4 3.oi

Quote:
Jesus, help me here, but we Christians have our fair share of 'extreme' practictioners. In fact, I can think of many who looked just like that photo of recruiting kids in the hood.
Really, okay please show me some Baptists who are training 7 year old kids to blow themselves up while taking out a bunch of Muslims in a shopping mall.

Show me a 65 year old Presbyterian grandma who is training her grandaughter to cap off a pipe bomb on a crowded bus in the name of Jesus, so she can be a "good martyr," and make God proud.

Show me a group of blood-crazed Lutheran evangelists who have publicly declared "war on the great Satan, Islam" and who are actively teaching their kids to hate Jews with text books and songs in their private schools as part of the curriculum. I'm waiting...

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 08:32 PM   #87
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
ganeil, I like your style. Keep the heat on.
and we found number 5 supporter...all right!
If it continues this way, it could soon reflect the poles out there...that are worthless according to some.
I guess, then all statistical data should be worthless, and also the science (statistics) itself...
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2007, 08:37 PM   #88
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Really, okay please show me some Baptists who are training 7 year old kids to blow themselves up while taking out a bunch of Muslims in a shopping mall.

Show me a 65 year old Presbyterian grandma who is training her grandaughter to cap off a pipe bomb on a crowded bus in the name of Jesus, so she can be a "good martyr," and make God proud.

Show me a group of blood-crazed Lutheran evangelists who have publicly declared "war on the great Satan, Islam" and who are actively teaching their kids to hate Jews with text books and songs in their private schools as part of the curriculum. I'm waiting...
They are all over your backyard...not being really trained like that and have their bombs strapped around them. But that is not the point -- one extrimist does it that way, the other one does it the other way. What is black for me, may be blue for you...
I lived in FL for 15+ years and I did meet some people with master's degrees that hated (ALL) Muslims just because the 9-11 events. We have seen the instances where the gas stations or convenient store clerks were shot just for being Muslims (after the 9-11). So, extremism is present everywhere in one form or the other... Some of it you see every day on the news. We were trained and programmed to HATE Saddam -- we watched about his bad doings daily just before the invasion. That is what some of them watch over there -- bad things our Government supported...

In the end, peace is the only way to go and lately I just don't see us showing World the examples of that...
Appreciate 0