BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Supreme Power Parts

12-10-2011, 03:39 PM   #23
iamcpap
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 LCI M3

The dealer did show me the form, but didn't really talk about the benefits of joining. I would like to join as I have read Chicago had a pretty active chapter, plus I want one of those stickers for my rear window...

Will be sending in the form soon.
Cheers,
CP
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 05:28 PM   #24
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadub View Post
Hi. I am a member. My SA did not mention a thing about CCA, I bought my car new and did not get a discount. I'm kind of angry about that! A member on this site suggested I join and even sent me a link to my local chapter. I joined right away and I'm happy I did. As a female, not many people understand my passion for my car....until I walked into my first chapter meeting last month. Everybody there was so willing to answer questions for me and listen to me talk about my car like I'm the first person to ever own one! I highly suggest everyone to join their local chapter.
Don't be angry, in order to receive the member discount, you had to be a member for the previous 12 months before your purchase. They don't want people to simply join to receive the discount right away. I was a member and let me membership lapse a few years ago. So, when I bought my car in Oct, I also did not receive a discount. But, since my car is leased, I'm hoping to receive the discount when I buy the car from BMW in 3 years.
Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Painted Reflectors | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI For DD | 18" Volks TE37SL Pressed Graphite For Track | Yokohama AD08 | Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 06:25 PM   #25
BimmerM
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11.5 E92 M3, '05 X5 4.8is

Garage List
2005 BMW X5 4.8is  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
I've been a member for 12+ years. Received a few rebate checks over those years, enjoy reading Roundel, enjoy attended club HPDE, and even get a discount from my insurance carrier for being a member.

The rebate checks alone covered the cost of the membership as well as put some change back in my pockets. Well worth it if you like BMWs and know you'll be buying a new or CPO BMW every 3-5 years.

Drives: '11.5 Interlagos Blue E92 M3, '05 LeMans Blue X5 4.8is
Sold: '03.5 Mystic Blue E46 M3
DIYs: Enable Rear Fog | Easy Side Gill Replacement | Front Grill Replacement
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 06:54 PM   #26
mamadub
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red 2011 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
Don't be angry, in order to receive the member discount, you had to be a member for the previous 12 months before your purchase. They don't want people to simply join to receive the discount right away. I was a member and let me membership lapse a few years ago. So, when I bought my car in Oct, I also did not receive a discount. But, since my car is leased, I'm hoping to receive the discount when I buy the car from BMW in 3 years.
Well now I feel a little better!

Black Novillo Extended Leather, Convenience Package, Premium Package 2, DCT, DDC, BMW Apps, Custom Stereo upgrade, Eisenmann Sport Black Series Exhaust, 20"HRE's P45SC's. Color matched Brembo 380/345's, KW Coilovers
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 06:57 PM   #27
mamadub
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red 2011 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
I think that if the events don't appeal to you, it's hard to find a compelling reason to join. the car purchase discount is great, but I don't think people say, oh let me sign up for a $48 membership because I plan on buying a car in a year and I'll get $500 or so back. financially it makes total sense but people just don't plan that far ahead.

I finally signed up because I plan on doing some performance driving schools and the 15% discount makes the membership more than worthwhile.

also it can be intimidating for someone to just join and show up to an event where everyone's pretty well established and you're the noob trying to fit in or you dont know what to expect. maybe have a contingent attend local car meets and shows so prospective members can get to know you on neutral ground, so to speak...or organize meets for locals on this forum...hth

Talk about intimidating...try walking in alone AND being a female!! Now that was hard. However, since I was the only one there that night with an M3, everyone instantly loved me! (Plus tried several different ways to get me to let them drive my car)

Black Novillo Extended Leather, Convenience Package, Premium Package 2, DCT, DDC, BMW Apps, Custom Stereo upgrade, Eisenmann Sport Black Series Exhaust, 20"HRE's P45SC's. Color matched Brembo 380/345's, KW Coilovers
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #28
DocJohn
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 Coupe

Proud NJ member!!

A great bunch of folks at the CCA!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 09:08 PM   #29
quadpipes
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 IB/Beige,M-DCT,ZCP

I've been a member for several years and really enjoy Roundel (the magazine). The rebates ($500 for an M3) are also a big plus. The chapter events are mostly in the NO area which is a bit far to go. And no, my SA has not mentioned CCA. Great organization. Mike Miller alone is worth the price - everything else is lagniappe (that's a French Cajun term for a little something extra).
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 11:23 PM   #30
Quag's M
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Talk about intimidating...try walking in alone AND being a female!! Now that was hard. However, since I was the only one there that night with an M3, everyone instantly loved me! (Plus tried several different ways to get me to let them drive my car)
C'mon Dub, a lady that loves a M3...guys instantly love that..no intimidation whatsoever.
      12-11-2011, 12:21 AM   #31
Vybz
Lieutenant
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: Adidas and Puma

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [4.12]
I was looking into it before I got my car, and kind of got held up with a question. I wasn't really sure whether I should join SCCA or BMWCCA, the 2 do not seem to be related ( other then the fact that they are both car clubs ). I was leaning towards BMWCCA just because it seems a little more focused on "our" community, but I noticed that there were a lot of awesome events out there for SCCA members only.

Main point, idk which to sign up with and I don't really feel like becoming a member of both. I do vaguely remember a post on this forum though talking about working with BMWCCA to practice car skills and then switching over to SCCA when you want more track time, am/pro events, or just making the transition to racing in general etc etc...

BMWCCA Member # 459350
Audi B6 A4 - S O L D
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 07:28 PM   #32
Titanium Silver
Four Star General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I just joined the BMW CCA after reading this post.

I checked out my local chapter's (Rocky Mountain Chapter) website, and they are having an event in Vail Jan 6th and 7th. Just booked that trip also. Can't wait to meet other members and ride Vail all weekend! Win Win!

Anyone else going to that event?

E92 M3 | Jet Black | All OEM Everything
E30 M3 | Alpine White | Mostly OEM
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 08:24 PM   #33
Technic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 320i

Quote:
Hi. I am a member. My SA did not mention a thing about CCA, I bought my car new and did not get a discount. I'm kind of angry about that! A member on this site suggested I join and even sent me a link to my local chapter. I joined right away and I'm happy I did. As a female, not many people understand my passion for my car....until I walked into my first chapter meeting last month. Everybody there was so willing to answer questions for me and listen to me talk about my car like I'm the first person to ever own one! I highly suggest everyone to join their local chapter.
Maybe I am missing something here, but no dealer has to mention anything about the BMWCCA as it is a different entity, unrelated business-wise to BMWNA.

Notwithstanding, the membership rebate is provided thru BMWCCA by an arrangement with BMWNA directly and only after being a current member with more than a year of membership at the time of purchase/lease. No dealer is involved in this rebate in any way, and the rebate must be requested thru BMWCCA by the club member.

Some enthusiast dealers may mention the BMWCCA, but it is not the norm.
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #34
midlifecrisis
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 35d, 2015 M235 Cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Maybe I am missing something here, but no dealer has to mention anything about the BMWCCA as it is a different entity, unrelated business-wise to BMWNA.

Notwithstanding, the membership rebate is provided thru BMWCCA by an arrangement with BMWNA directly and only after being a current member with more than a year of membership at the time of purchase/lease. No dealer is involved in this rebate in any way, and the rebate must be requested thru BMWCCA by the club member.

Some enthusiast dealers may mention the BMWCCA, but it is not the norm.
Seems to me that any salesman worth his salt would work every angle, and letting his (or her) clients know they could lower the cost of buying their next car would mention it, particularly when it takes nothing out of the salesperson's pocket.
SOLD! 2008 E90 M3 SOLD! 1991 325iX (both great)
2012 Mini Cooper - (wife's car)
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #35
Technic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifecrisis View Post
Seems to me that any salesman worth his salt would work every angle, and letting his (or her) clients know they could lower the cost of buying their next car would mention it, particularly when it takes nothing out of the salesperson's pocket.
In theory, you are right. Reality is indeed a bitch, though.

I've been a BMWCCA member for 16 years, and after 7 BMW's no dealer have never, ever mentioned the BMWCCA to me at time of purchase/lease. I knew about the BMWCCA thru the Roundel magazine of a friend of mine back in 1995.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 10:48 PM   #36
Titanium Silver
Four Star General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

The only way I heard about the BMWCCA is through the forums. I've been a member of DTMPower and Bimmerforums for over 10 years. I came back to the BMW forums after a hiatus from owning BMWs. I read this post and thought I'd get more involved.

Not sure what the deal is, but nobody at the dealer ever told me about the BMWCCA.

Last time I brought my car in to get the oil topped off, the SA and me were talking about my M3. He was telling me about going down to South Carolina and doing the M driving school. During our conversation, he told me that BMW M owners can get a huge discount on the driving school events for the first 4 years of owning the car.

This is ANOTHER thing the stealership/salesguy never mentioned when I purchased my car. I am going to look further into this and probably attend one of the sessions later next year. Sounds like a good learning experience and fun time.

I no longer expect anyone at the stealerships to go out of their way to tell you about great events and things you can do to improve your ownership experience.

Porsche is an exception. When we picked up a the new Cayenne, they were all pumped up to tell us about all the awesome events and local groups to get in touch with...

E92 M3 | Jet Black | All OEM Everything
E30 M3 | Alpine White | Mostly OEM
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 11:43 PM   #37
Silvertige
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 e92 M3

Garage List
1988 BMW 535i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Silver View Post
The only way I heard about the BMWCCA is through the forums. I've been a member of DTMPower and Bimmerforums for over 10 years. I came back to the BMW forums after a hiatus from owning BMWs. I read this post and thought I'd get more involved.

Not sure what the deal is, but nobody at the dealer ever told me about the BMWCCA.

Last time I brought my car in to get the oil topped off, the SA and me were talking about my M3. He was telling me about going down to South Carolina and doing the M driving school. During our conversation, he told me that BMW M owners can get a huge discount on the driving school events for the first 4 years of owning the car.

This is ANOTHER thing the stealership/salesguy never mentioned when I purchased my car. I am going to look further into this and probably attend one of the sessions later next year. Sounds like a good learning experience and fun time.

I no longer expect anyone at the stealerships to go out of their way to tell you about great events and things you can do to improve your ownership experience.

Porsche is an exception. When we picked up a the new Cayenne, they were all pumped up to tell us about all the awesome events and local groups to get in touch with...
Hmm... interesting. Never heard of the M school discount. Good to know. Been a member BMWCCA for a few years now. Found out through a friend about the discount. Would have been nice to know about it from the very beginning. Oh well.
      12-12-2011, 12:03 AM   #38
MJM
BMW CCA Boston Chapter - Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, ZCP

BMWCCA - Boston Chapter member here. This is an example of a great club event at the BMW Performance Driving school:

Members-Only Two-Day M School in February 4th & 5th.

Two nights at the Greenville Marriott, with breakfast and complimentary beverage

Saturday-night group dinner at an elegant Southern restaurant

M-brand custom-painted helmet and jacket

M-brand polo shirt

Price: $3,055 single occupancy* (price includes BMW CCA member discount)

More info here: http://www.bmwcca.org/node/3274
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 12:06 AM   #39
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

I joined in 2007. I have never been to a meeting and have never been to a driving event and rarely read Roundel. I pay my dues every year and have a BMWCCA sticker on my BMW.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President) - Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA) -The Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Sports Car Club of America -
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 03:08 AM   #40
08E92M3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

I'm a member of GG chapter, purchased my e92 new, salesperson never mentioned CCA. But then I've been a member for over 10 years. Now come to think of it, when I bought my then new E36 in 96, the salesperson didn't mention CCA either!!! Anyway, please consider joining if you are not a member yet, you won't regret it.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 10:20 AM   #41
Technic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertige View Post
Hmm... interesting. Never heard of the M school discount. Good to know. Been a member BMWCCA for a few years now. Found out through a friend about the discount. Would have been nice to know about it from the very beginning. Oh well.
It also helps assisting to at least one M School or just doing the PCD. Then you will be "in the loop" for periodic offers and discounts by email.

Owners of the 2008 M3 when the M School was offered for free as part of purchase -and took advantage of it- should be getting these emails as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 11:01 AM   #42
von_zoom
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z06

Member since my first BMW (X5 4.6 2002) and have enjoyed the various benefits of belonging. Have appreciated the rebates on each new BMW we have purchased, the monthly Roundel Mag, E mails, as well as the Tarheel (local chapter) news letter. Participation in HPDE events sponsored by the various clubs as well as racing are a great way to meet fellow members. As an instructor I am pleased to give something back to the club.
vz

Previous Track Toy
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #43
Poofyo101
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
1990 BMW M3  [0.00]
Just deposited my rebate check for my 12 M3.
Thank you CCA.
      12-17-2011, 08:35 PM   #44
Andy_H_E92_M3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 ///M3

Yes, I'm a member of the BMWCCA.
Appreciate 0