BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
dapopa9
Captain
dapopa9's Avatar
12
Rep
613
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Will KW Clubsport for NON-EDC fit an EDC equipped car?

Will KW Clubsport Kit for NON-EDC fit an EDC equipped car?

I realize the kit will not have the module that suppresses the EDC error code but other than that is anything different? I've heard conflicting reports that it is the same while others have said mount is different because of the shock shaft diameter.

Will the NON-EDC kit fit? If not what parts would be needed to make it fit(if possible)?

Thanks!!


(I searched but couldn't find anything except for a post that was asking to go the opposite direction with V3's not Clubsports.)
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 07:14 PM   #2
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
326
Rep
10,625
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapopa9 View Post
Will KW Clubsport Kit for NON-EDC fit an EDC equipped car?

I realize the kit will not have the module that suppresses the EDC error code but other than that is anything different? I've heard conflicting reports that it is the same while others have said mount is different because of the shock shaft diameter.

Will the NON-EDC kit fit? If not what parts would be needed to make it fit(if possible)?

Thanks!!


(I searched but couldn't find anything except for a post that was asking to go the opposite direction with V3's not Clubsports.)
You'll be fine, you simply need the Code Isolators (either KW or Macht Schnell) to keep the EDC system from triggering off error lamps.

A new rear shock mount is needed, there are EDC and non-EDC specific versions available from your BMW parts counter.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 07:27 PM   #3
dapopa9
Captain
dapopa9's Avatar
12
Rep
613
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
You'll be fine, you simply need the Code Isolators (either KW or Macht Schnell) to keep the EDC system from triggering off error lamps.

A new rear shock mount is needed, there are EDC and non-EDC specific versions available from your BMW parts counter.
Anyone know what that rear shock mount part # would be that I need. I looked on Real OEM but can't seem to find the RSM's anywhere. Attached is a pic from the suspension page:
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 07:56 PM   #4
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
326
Rep
10,625
Posts


 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapopa9 View Post
Anyone know what that rear shock mount part # would be that I need. I looked on Real OEM but can't seem to find the RSM's anywhere. Attached is a pic from the suspension page:
3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 are needed - make sure it is EDC-specific if your M3 is EDC-equipped or non-EDC if you do not have EDC.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 07:58 PM   #5
dapopa9
Captain
dapopa9's Avatar
12
Rep
613
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

thanks Tom!!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 02:32 AM   #6
rzm3
Moderator
rzm3's Avatar
224
Rep
4,603
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 are needed - make sure it is EDC-specific if your M3 is EDC-equipped or non-EDC if you do not have EDC.
Correct me if I am wrong Tom, but I think 3 and 5 are the same between EDC and non-EDC cars.
__________________
E92 M3 DCT - AiM EVO4 Data Logger / AiM SmartyCam HD / KW Competition 2-Way / OMP ARS Racing Seats / Brembo GT 365 / Pagid Yellow RS-29 / Rear Seats Delete
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST