BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav
 
do88 Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-14-2014, 01:35 PM   #1
Tony B
Second Lieutenant
6
Rep
259
Posts

Drives: 2012 E92 M3, MW, ZCP, 6MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

F82 into E92 (reversing camera)

Has anyone looked into fitting the reversing camera from the F82 into the E92?

The handle/camera assembly looks as if it might be physically compatible with the aperture in the metalwork of the E92 boot - sorry - trunk lid.

Having tried the F82 with camera over a couple of days I can definitely see the benefits of using this tech.

I have CIC i-drive and front/rear PDC.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2014, 07:43 PM   #2
aussiem3
Colonel
aussiem3's Avatar
Australia
114
Rep
2,438
Posts

Drives: Goggomobil
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Kangaroo land

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
Has anyone looked into fitting the reversing camera from the F82 into the E92?

The handle/camera assembly looks as if it might be physically compatible with the aperture in the metalwork of the E92 boot - sorry - trunk lid.

Having tried the F82 with camera over a couple of days I can definitely see the benefits of using this tech.

I have CIC i-drive and front/rear PDC.
Why are you trying to take the difficult route - Bimmer-Tec and BPM Sport are offering off-the-shelf solutions for E90/92 which are considered far superior to other aftermarket products but with OEM quality, fitment and compatibility. They are reasonably priced too. May be something to consider.
__________________
E92 M3 2007 - ///PE with Test Pipes and BPM Stage II; CF Interior & Splitters; CIC with Connected Drive
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 06:37 AM   #3
Tony B
Second Lieutenant
6
Rep
259
Posts

Drives: 2012 E92 M3, MW, ZCP, 6MT
Join Date: May 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
Why are you trying to take the difficult route - Bimmer-Tec and BPM Sport are offering off-the-shelf solutions for E90/92 which are considered far superior to other aftermarket products but with OEM quality, fitment and compatibility. They are reasonably priced too. May be something to consider.
I will take a look at their solutions, but if the F82 handle is the same size/shape as the one on the E92 then this could also be a very easy retrofit, as the camera is an integral part.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 10:35 AM   #4
Technic
Lieutenant General
Technic's Avatar
United_States
525
Rep
12,208
Posts

Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
I will take a look at their solutions, but if the F82 handle is the same size/shape as the one on the E92 then this could also be a very easy retrofit, as the camera is an integral part.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=745727
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:55 AM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST