BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > UK

ESS Tuning

12-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
H4SS
United Kingdom

Drives: E92 M3

IDRIVE issues...

hey there people, has anyone had any issues with there IDRIVE system? For some reason everytime i need to go somewhere far, i use the navi but coincidently it always says DVD ERROR! or Insert DVD when the DVD's never come out, everytime its around town it works fine lol. This has been happening quite alot now and i got so frustrated today that i was looking for some solutions and found that i should try reset the system by holding down both EJECT buttons and the Volume Knob as i did this both CD and DVD's came out and screen went blank then restarted...... BUT then every 5 minutes or so it just reset's itself! my E92 is one of the first builds. (on a 57 plate). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Hass
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 05:48 PM   #2
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom

Garage List
57 e92 M3  [5.00]
2008 e92 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4SS View Post
hey there people, has anyone had any issues with there IDRIVE system? For some reason everytime i need to go somewhere far, i use the navi but coincidently it always says DVD ERROR! or Insert DVD when the DVD's never come out, everytime its around town it works fine lol. This has been happening quite alot now and i got so frustrated today that i was looking for some solutions and found that i should try reset the system by holding down both EJECT buttons and the Volume Knob as i did this both CD and DVD's came out and screen went blank then restarted...... BUT then every 5 minutes or so it just reset's itself! my E92 is one of the first builds. (on a 57 plate). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Hass
I've had this on both a 58 335d and now on my 57 plate M3. Both times cured by a software update under warranty.
      12-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #3
H4SS
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
I've had this on both a 58 335d and now on my 57 plate M3. Both times cured by a software update under warranty.
cool, thanks for your reply mate once they've updated the software does anything change? apart from fixing the problem lol.
Cheers
Hass
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 06:11 PM   #4
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom

Garage List
57 e92 M3  [5.00]
2008 e92 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4SS View Post
cool, thanks for your reply mate once they've updated the software does anything change? apart from fixing the problem lol.
Cheers
Hass
The only noticeable thing was scrolling through usb connected iPod stuff. Used to be dead slow before the update on the M.
      12-16-2011, 02:58 PM   #5
H4SS
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
The only noticeable thing was scrolling through usb connected iPod stuff. Used to be dead slow before the update on the M.
Cheers for the info mate, ive called BMW and had my car booked in for Tuesday, hopefully they should be able to fix it then.
Thanks once again!
Hass
Appreciate 0