BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

GTB Performance

01-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #89
persian54
Lieutenant General

Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Definitive View Post
Not first timer...its been about a year, but I have done many events and such before that. Should have clarified that.
First time on this track correct?

Thus, you are a first timer at SOW :P

SOW isn't a high speed track like Big Willow.
It's more technical.
Big willow requires more balls than technique.
SOW requires more technique lol
persian54 is online now   United_States
      01-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #90
Definitive
definitivecars.com

Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Definitive Send a message via MSN to Definitive
Yea, first for that. For sure!
      01-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #91
quads
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: bac mono

I had a blast! Met up with Boosted?(jim?) in his red e90 m3!

I was there with a rental-stang-5.0. It wasn't bad but it wasn't an m3

My first session out (first time at track) it was wet and I did a 1:41 in the stang. Can you say grip issues? When it started to dry out I pulled a 1:36 in the second session.

Jim let me instruct him in his m3 and I pulled a 1:34.4 in traffic and paper napkins flying around inside the car and a sand storm blowing - I didn't have a visor and had to just close my eyes or look away for a few seconds LOL

Then the last session of the day I pulled a 1:30.2 in the stang and called it a day. (yeah I was sliding all over the place at every corner it was so fun in the rental!)

I think I did well for a "first timer"
      01-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #92
OC3
Havin' a blast!

Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Awesome time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sevens.com View Post

My first session out (first time at track) it was wet and I did a 1:41 in the stang. Can you say grip issues? When it started to dry out I pulled a 1:36 in the second session.

Jim let me instruct him in his m3 and I pulled a 1:34.4 in traffic and paper napkins flying around inside the car and a sand storm blowing - I didn't have a visor and had to just close my eyes or look away for a few seconds LOL

Then the last session of the day I pulled a 1:30.2 in the stang and called it a day. (yeah I was sliding all over the place at every corner it was so fun in the rental!)

lulz, had that happen to me too.

BRP CW13 1:58 | CVR CW 2:01 | CVR CCW 2:02 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
2013 E92 M3 Jerez Black DCT ZCP | JRZ RS Pro | Brembo BBK | Endless ME20 | Volk TE37 18x10.5 squared | NT01/TD
OC3 is online now   United_States
      01-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #93
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:

Good meeting you out at the event!
      01-25-2012, 02:20 AM   #94
MaxBoost335
Private First Class

Drives: 2011 e90 M3 DCT ZCP

David, sorry for the loose debris in my car. I'm such a newb I did try to catch them floating in the air before they went out the window,lol. However, you drive like an animal and I loved it. Props to Shift S3ector for an amazing weekend and GSR for the awesome drift event.

Quote:

MaxBoost335 is offline   United_States
      01-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #95
quads
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: bac mono

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Good meeting you out at the event!
Tom great to meet you too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxBoost335 View Post
David, sorry for the loose debris in my car. I'm such a newb I did try to catch them floating in the air before they went out the window,lol. However, you drive like an animal and I loved it. Props to Shift S3ector for an amazing weekend and GSR for the awesome drift event.
No problem It was a fun challenge dodging the paper napkins! But seriously when I instruct at events I always ask people to empty everything out. Napkins may obstruct your view and distract - but imagine cell phones, matts, or even tire pressure gauges flying around inside the car! (yes it's happened before) especially if you spin or go off - it would be lethal!

But thanks for letting me drive the M. It's so much more awesome than the stang. I can't believe c&d would say the stang is anywhere near competition for the M. Maybe only in a straight line LOL!