BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Lux Angel Eyes

11-22-2011, 09:44 PM   #23
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Sorry, glanced over it when I saw his post with the pic.
      11-22-2011, 10:18 PM   #24
MUFCbmwbear
1. Man Utd 2. BMW 3. Beer

Drives: 14 M235i 6MT

Blocks

Make sure the shipping blocks are taken out. See that way too often on here.

Lake Zurich raised, Wrigleyville, Southport Corridor,CHICAGO
MUFCbmwbear is offline   United_States
      11-22-2011, 10:45 PM   #25
Jays1stM

Drives: 2012 E92 Comp Space/Fox

Thanks for all the good advice everyone. Obviously the main problem I have is that I don't have any experience with my delivering dealership, or BMW for hat matter. This is my first and I didn't order through this dealer, I ordered through an overseas sales agent. So, I guess the prudent thing is to wait to do the paperwork after inspecting the vehicle at delivery. Thanks again! I'll be sure to post pictures!
      11-23-2011, 01:45 PM   #26
///My5UV
Lurker

Drives: E39M5, E90M3

When I got my M5 delivered here, it arrived with just over 2 miles and I did the paperwork after inspecting it. Z3 was a similar story, but my wife picked it up since I was in the hospital. M3 at the welt had .2 miles and all the paperwork was done in advance.
Since it sounds like you've got a bit of a weird situation, I'd wait until inspecting to do the paperwork, but be warned it'll probably take you a couple hours at the dealer to close the deal. I guess if you have it all completed but unsigned in advance you'll be golden.
      11-23-2011, 03:17 PM   #27
James T. Kirk
Captain of the Enterprise

Drives: 2011 1 Series M Coupe

1) Don't finalize until you see the vehicle. There could always be issues with minor damage or a missing option.

2) Anything under 20 miles on the odometer is reasonable.

2011 1 Series M Coupe VO M3 vs 1M Comparo Review
2011 M3 E90 DCT ZCP (sold) * 2010 335i Sedan (sold)
2005 M3 Convertible (sold) * 2003 325i Sedan (sold)
James T. Kirk is offline   United_States
      11-23-2011, 04:19 PM   #28
socalm3lover
Private First Class

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1stM View Post
Thanks for all the good advice everyone. Obviously the main problem I have is that I don't have any experience with my delivering dealership, or BMW for hat matter. This is my first and I didn't order through this dealer, I ordered through an overseas sales agent. So, I guess the prudent thing is to wait to do the paperwork after inspecting the vehicle at delivery. Thanks again! I'll be sure to post pictures!
You did not buy it through the delivering dealer? It sort of sounds like you already own the car? How does the delivering dealer make money in this situation? Could you explain a little more about how you bought the car? Myself and I suspect others could learn something.

Thanks, John
      11-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #29
Jays1stM

Drives: 2012 E92 Comp Space/Fox

Yeah, I guess it does sound like a strange situation. I'll do my best to clearly describe how I purchased the car.

I used an overseas sales agent to purchase through the BMW military purchase program. The overseas agent handled everything with my order, including accepting payment, all the way though arrival of the vehicle at the US port. After that point, the BMW NA special sales team took over to make the arrangements for delivery. They provided the certificate of origin, the odometer statement, and copies of the bill of sale and other agreements. Once BMW NA coordinated the delivery with my local dealer, they put it on a truck for shipping. The local dealer doesn't make anything from me. They get reimbursed for the "courtesy delivery" from BMW NA. So, the dealer is responsible for receiving the vehicle, detailing it and making final preparations, and then handing me the keys.

I'm actually taking delivery tomorrow, I'll post pics and let you guys know how it goes. Unfortunately, the dealer told me that I couldn't do any of the DMV paperwork with them, that I have to have it all done before I show up. So, I guess the drawback is that I really do own the car regardless of the condition it's in now or any damage it may have incurred on the way over. I had to pay for the car before it went into production, so I've been paying interest for a month now with no vehicle. I also had to do the tite/tag/ and registration prior to receiving the vehicle. I swallowed that sales tax bill yesterday!! It was hefty but very cloe to what I anticipated it would be.

Anyway, what I'm worried about is this factory-direct buying option results in an excellent discount, but now I'm not really a customer of my local dealership and they tend to treat people second class if they didn't purchase their vehicles from them. I won't stand for that. I can understand that they will probably not give me an extravagant delivery but I expect the same level of service as any other BMW owner out there.

Sorry for the long post, honestly it has been an incredibly smooth process, about two months from start to finish. All forms and paperwork taken care of electronically. The only weird part is paying ahead of time and receving the car from an unknown dealer. They won't know what hit them if I find anything wrong with the car.
      11-24-2011, 11:38 PM   #30
socalm3lover
Private First Class

Drives: E92 M3

Thank you for the explanation. I have done EuroDelivery 3 times and it sounds similar. Each dealer is an independent business and so there are no gurantees, but my experiences have been very good with two dealers. It really depends on the dealer and the individual you are dealing with. Congrats, I think it will be fine and you are being a bit obsessive!!!!

John