BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

09-28-2016, 08:35 PM   #1
kel_m3
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

No Power/Lights/Ignition after Performance Wheel Install

Please move thread if not in appropriate section.

I need some serious help from the forum guru's right now as I feel like I've broken my M3

Background: I was installing the PSW V2 into my car and made all the appropriate connections following the factory instructions with the exception of using the JBE module connector for power instead of the CAS (my CAS had different colours than the ones in the instructions).

Climax: So everything is wired in correctly and plugged back in securely. I go to connect the negative battery wire to the post and it sparked a bit (not unusual?). Lights came on for 2 seconds and then no power at all. Nothing. Can't start the car, no lights, key doesn't work or turn the engine on and can't lock/unlock.

I can hear stuff working in behind the navigation and my windows still go up and down when opening the door.

TLDR: Installed PSW V2 and now car has no power/can't be turned on.

Are there fuses I should check? Did I wreck my JBE somehow?
      09-28-2016, 08:50 PM   #2
GRM Scott
Rep
Drives: 1987 BMW 325is Spec E30

I'm certainly not the electronics guru who figures this out for you, but maybe post a photo of exactly how you connected the power using the Junction Box, in contrast with how the directions said to use the CAS? Getting creative with electronics in a CAN-BUS car can lead to all kinds of headaches. Fuses are certainly a good place to start if certain parts of the car are showing signs of electron activity.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 09:29 PM   #3
kel_m3
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I used wire tap connectors as provided by BMW. I connected to JBE at Pin 1 (blue/red) for power and Pin 6 (brown) for ground as directed as an alternative to the CAS posted by "THE_TECH" here on M3Post.

I've just checked every single fuse behind the glove box and they are all fine so it seems like my JBE/fuse box is not getting any power at all.

Since then I have removed all of the PSW wiring to eliminate that as a variable.

Could this be an issue with the fused panel on top of the positive post on the battery?

This seems like a strange issue as I didn't mess with any wires aside from the ones found in the instructions and everything was working for 1-2 seconds after I connected the negative and then it all shut off.
      09-28-2016, 10:06 PM   #4
kel_m3
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Okay so I don't really know what happened but the car is working again and I'm not even sure why? Left the car unplugged and came back to it and now everything works again.

Tried to wire the PSW back in but it still doesn't work so if anyone knows where I should tap to power my wheel on, let me know!! Thanks for the reply GRM Scott