BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-20-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
stylinexpat
Captain
 
stylinexpat's Avatar
 
Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2008

Posts: 807
iTrader: (0)

Gaddafi caught alive and then killed by rebels

Begged not to be killed but that wish did not last very long.

http://feb17.info/news/breaking-vide...ore-his-death/
stylinexpat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
991GT3
Captain
 
991GT3's Avatar
 
Drives: Cayenne Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Dakota

Posts: 739
iTrader: (0)

Good riddance. Hope it hurt.
__________________
-2011 Cayenne Turbo
-2012 Cayenne Turbo
-2013 VelociRaptor 600
991GT3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2011, 12:27 PM   #3
Elie335
ايلي ٣٣٥ هاهاها
 
Elie335's Avatar
 
Drives: Vorsteiner e92
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Leb

Posts: 1,446
iTrader: (1)

jesus christ @ the videos.... damn.... speechless
__________________
Elie335 is offline   St Pierre and Miquelon
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2011, 12:55 PM   #4
stylinexpat
Captain
 
stylinexpat's Avatar
 
Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2008

Posts: 807
iTrader: (0)

Saif was supposedly just now killed as well. OOOPS.. They were all given the option to leave and live in another country before the shit hit the fan but they all refused. If I were them I would have taken the cash and Gold and lived some where else but luckily for those that hated him they all stayed to be killed.

Did they seriously think that with Nato backed by the US,GB and France bombing from above and a bunch of loose rebels that they could actually get away or hide They have no mountains or nothing. There is literally no place to hide in Libya.
stylinexpat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #5
11Series
.
 
Drives: BMW turned up to 11
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: These things go to eleven

Posts: 668
iTrader: (0)

Obama gave him plenty of chances to just walk away before "Special US Resources" were used against him. He didn't take the offer, too bad for him. I'm betting US drones and US intelligence played a big role in finding him.
11Series is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
hks786
Major General
 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 5,351
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
Obama gave him plenty of chances to just walk away before "Special US Resources" were used against him. He didn't take the offer, too bad for him. I'm betting US drones and US intelligence played a big role in finding him.
Yeah and fuck Obama. He has blood on his hands. So does my country. We are murderers too. I'm no Gaddafi fan but I'm not a fan of my own country either. We call people dictators and terrorists but the way I see it we terrorize/dictate just as bad.
__________________
hks786 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #7
mact3333
Captain
 
mact3333's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' Audi S4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific NW

Posts: 781
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
Yeah and fuck Obama. He has blood on his hands. So does my country. We are murderers too. I'm no Gaddafi fan but I'm not a fan of my own country either. We call people dictators and terrorists but the way I see it we terrorize/dictate just as bad.
Know what ya mean...dictators are people US govt has no more use for anymore...but when the CIA overthrows elected officials and puts in a dictator they are seen as good...anyone find it odd that the people we try to overthrow and kill and go to war against are the same people who were on our payroll in the past when they served a purpose to get what our govt wanted???

The depictions of certain people are fed to the farm animals by the media and they eat it up like pigs in zen...

Im no Gaddhafi fan either but he is no worse than dozens of people we have supported when we want something from them.
mact3333 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2011, 06:01 PM   #8
Javi335
Troll but nice
 
Javi335's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i E92
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Returning videotapes

Posts: 329
iTrader: (0)

his last words, by the mews

"what happen, who are you!"

poor gadafi's stuntman
__________________
There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.
Javi335 is offline   Spain
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2011, 03:41 AM   #9
stylinexpat
Captain
 
stylinexpat's Avatar
 
Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2008

Posts: 807
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
Know what ya mean...dictators are people US govt has no more use for anymore...but when the CIA overthrows elected officials and puts in a dictator they are seen as good...anyone find it odd that the people we try to overthrow and kill and go to war against are the same people who were on our payroll in the past when they served a purpose to get what our govt wanted???

The depictions of certain people are fed to the farm animals by the media and they eat it up like pigs in zen...


Im no Gaddhafi fan either but he is no worse than dozens of people we have supported when we want something from them.
+1, this is true. You are basically ok and liked as long as you are on their side.
stylinexpat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2011, 06:37 AM   #10
cindisargent
Registered
 
Drives: BMW X6
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

Oh, it would be so merciless to get killed by the crowd and the public. This actually means that people never liked him. I wonder what will happen to Libya now. It may have similar riots and revolts like Lebanon.
cindisargent is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 12:14 PM   #11
stylinexpat
Captain
 
stylinexpat's Avatar
 
Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2008

Posts: 807
iTrader: (0)

He was clearly murdered and not killed because he was caught in some sort of crossfire.

stylinexpat is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 05:29 PM   #12
11Series
.
 
Drives: BMW turned up to 11
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: These things go to eleven

Posts: 668
iTrader: (0)

Gadhafi made his intentions clear that he was determined to "fight to last drop of blood", and he got exactly what he demanded.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/02...ht-die-martyr/

He was given offer after offer to leave Libya with his life, and he refused them all saying he would continue to fight.

The fact that he turned pussy at last minute doesn't absolve him of taking personal responsibility for all the choices he made, and the consequence of those choices.
11Series is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #13
panicos81
Colonel
 
panicos81's Avatar
 
Drives: a white bmw
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Cyprus

Posts: 2,306
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW E92  [4.27]
2007 e90  [0.00]
i dont watch the news anymore.. i watch national geographic instead. utleast animals have a reason to kill each other..
i hope we soon get extinct..
__________________
panicos81 is offline   Cyprus
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #14
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
 
M3Bahn's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
Know what ya mean...dictators are people US govt has no more use for anymore...but when the CIA overthrows elected officials and puts in a dictator they are seen as good...anyone find it odd that the people we try to overthrow and kill and go to war against are the same people who were on our payroll in the past when they served a purpose to get what our govt wanted???

The depictions of certain people are fed to the farm animals by the media and they eat it up like pigs in zen...

Im no Gaddhafi fan either but he is no worse than dozens of people we have supported when we want something from them.
Saddam used to be our buddy, here is Rumsfeld being greeted by saddam in baghdad.


__________________
The journey is the reward.
M3Bahn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #15
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

Posts: 1,818
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
Yeah and fuck Obama. He has blood on his hands. So does my country. We are murderers too. I'm no Gaddafi fan but I'm not a fan of my own country either. We call people dictators and terrorists but the way I see it we terrorize/dictate just as bad.
The US government has spent a lot of time and effort putting dictators in many countries, just because they would support the global US empire.
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2011, 10:32 PM   #16
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
 
BKsBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA / Silver Spring, Maryland

Posts: 1,638
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
Yeah and fuck Obama. He has blood on his hands. So does my country. We are murderers too. I'm no Gaddafi fan but I'm not a fan of my own country either. We call people dictators and terrorists but the way I see it we terrorize/dictate just as bad.
It's telling that you would sympathize with a murderous scum bag like Gaddafi when he's clearly the one with blood on his hands. What Obama did was an act of mercy. The Libyans asked for our help to be liberated from that murderous tyrant. The same murderous tyrant by the way who was responsible for the bombing of a US passenger plane killing hundreds of innocent Americans, many of them children and college students. Tell us then, if you were president what would you have done?

We all know if Obama had turned his back on the Libyan's request for assistance and let Gadaffi murder them in cold blood as he swore he would do you would be condeming Obama for his inaction. Your irrational hatred for the president and for this country is just dumb.

Last edited by BKsBimmer; 10-25-2011 at 10:51 PM.
BKsBimmer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 11:25 AM   #17
ecleland
First Lieutenant
 
ecleland's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335d (sold)
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas

Posts: 376
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 BMW X5  [0.00]
2008 Mini  [0.00]
Just hope Gadhafi's replacement in Libya is not just as bad or worse. Everyone was so critical of Bush going after Saddam (who was just as bad as Gadhafi) but when we pulled him out of that whole we put him on trial we didn't drag him through the streets and execute him for which the US media is still celebrating and congratulating our gov. for assisting with. The hypocrisy of all this drives me crazy.
ecleland is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 12:29 PM   #18
Kroy
Brigadier General
 
Kroy's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 3,035
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
It's telling that you would sympathize with a murderous scum bag like Gaddafi when he's clearly the one with blood on his hands. What Obama did was an act of mercy. The Libyans asked for our help to be liberated from that murderous tyrant. The same murderous tyrant by the way who was responsible for the bombing of a US passenger plane killing hundreds of innocent Americans, many of them children and college students. Tell us then, if you were president what would you have done?

We all know if Obama had turned his back on the Libyan's request for assistance and let Gadaffi murder them in cold blood as he swore he would do you would be condeming Obama for his inaction. Your irrational hatred for the president and for this country is just dumb.
going to play devils advocate here.

1. Do we (USA) help everyone that asks for our help? Gadhaffi isn't the only out of control tyrant and Libya isn't the only land suffering. Why pick and choose Libya? Because we have our own interests to look out for.

2. Are you talking about the Pan Am incident? You're bringing up incident from over 2 decades ago, that we couldn't conclusively link to Libya, and we tried 2 Libyan intelligence officers for in the year 2000. Even if they did do it, I'm still sure we are responsible for ending more than 270 innocent Libyan lives; the number of casualties from the 1988 incident. BTW, President Obama was not president during any of these proceedings.
Kroy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #19
hks786
Major General
 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 5,351
iTrader: (0)

^^^ exactly what my reply was going to be. Why do you say I have sympathy for Gaddafi? I have no sympathy for him but I'm just pointing out double-standards. My country and yours are both dictatorships too. We have illegal wars in 2 countries at the moment and 1 war in Libya which has went beyond it's U.N. mandate. We have drone attacks happening everyday on foreign soil, reports of torture by our troops etc. Guantanamo Bay...I could go on forever.

The point is we call people terrorists but we do the exact same things. We just know how to cover it up better. What happened to the WMD in Iraq? What happened when we used to be friends with Osama, Saddam and Gaddafi? People seem to only have a memory that started since 9/11 but we need to remember the bigger picture. We should also remember there are wars all over the world we don't get involved in so you gotta ask why Iraq? Why Libya?
__________________
hks786 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #20
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
 
BKsBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA / Silver Spring, Maryland

Posts: 1,638
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
going to play devils advocate here.

1. Do we (USA) help everyone that asks for our help? Gadhaffi isn't the only out of control tyrant and Libya isn't the only land suffering. Why pick and choose Libya? Because we have our own interests to look out for..
When our strategic and economic interests clearly merge with a humanitarian cause I think it's a no brainer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
2. Are you talking about the Pan Am incident? You're bringing up incident from over 2 decades ago, that we couldn't conclusively link to Libya, and we tried 2 Libyan intelligence officers for in the year 2000. Even if they did do it, I'm still sure we are responsible for ending more than 270 innocent Libyan lives; the number of casualties from the 1988 incident. BTW, President Obama was not president during any of these proceedings.
I'm sure you know one of the 2 Libyan intelligence officers you mention was found guilty in the bombing incident. Subsequently in 2003 Libya accepted responsibility for the bombing and begain paying the victims families. I think this is reason enough to conclude Gaddhafi had some responsibility for the bombing of Pan Am 103.

I'm not sure why it's relevent that the current president wasn't the sitting president during the court proceedings.

I'd also like to know your answer to my previous question. What you have done as president?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
My country and yours are both dictatorships too.
Please speak for yourself. I'm sorry you hate your country so much but no, My country is NOT a dictatorship. And with all due respect to you, if you also hate this country so much then why are you here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hks786 View Post
We have illegal wars in 2 countries at the moment and 1 war in Libya which has went beyond it's U.N. mandate. We have drone attacks happening everyday on foreign soil, reports of torture by our troops etc. Guantanamo Bay...I could go on forever.

The point is we call people terrorists but we do the exact same things. We just know how to cover it up better. What happened to the WMD in Iraq? What happened when we used to be friends with Osama, Saddam and Gaddafi? People seem to only have a memory that started since 9/11 but we need to remember the bigger picture. We should also remember there are wars all over the world we don't get involved in so you gotta ask why Iraq? Why Libya?
I didn't agree with the war in Iraq. For the record neither did President Obama and he is ending that war at the end of the year, as promised. He is also on record for wanting to close Guantanamo, but he was unable to do that due to intense political pressure from the other side.

Regarding Libya you never answered my question. What would you have done as president?
__________________
_____________________________________
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
BKsBimmer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #21
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

Posts: 1,818
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
I didn't agree with the war in Iraq. For the record neither did President Obama and he is ending that war at the end of the year, as promised. He is also on record for wanting to close Guantanamo, but he was unable to do that due to intense political pressure from the other side.

Regarding Libya you never answered my question. What would you have done as president?
We really have no choice at this point. Iraq is a different nation today than it was before, and although some people claim it is illegal for us to be there, it is not for now. The SOFA we have with them will expire by the end of the year and Iraq has no intent on reinstating it, so technically any military forces left there would be illegal.

As far as closing Guantanamo goes, I agree in shutting it down, but an issue is what do we do with the individuals there now? Do we just release them and let them go home? If they didn't want to bomb and kill Americans before, they might want to now after the way they've been treated. I know I'd be steaming mad if I was wrongfully imprisoned and tortured. I also know we can't just hold on to people because of what we think they may do in the future, that is just wrong. Just food for thought, I don't know the answer on what we should do with the people there.
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2011, 03:41 AM   #22
angel_phil
Registered
 
Drives: toyota vios
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: philippines

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

awful video..He must have made up his mind to surrender earlier..
__________________
"born to conquer the world" refurbished computers
angel_phil is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST