BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #23
stefan
Colonel
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Calgary

Posts: 2,147
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
1999 VF BMW M3  [5.00]
2001 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 135i  [5.00]
2003 M3  [3.10]
2011.75 BMW M3  [4.17]
2009 STi  [3.83]
BMWs have quite the negative reputation. You're going to have haters everywhere. I personally avoid all low income and areas with drunks (pub streets, etc). Sounds bad but.. that's what happens. :/

Sorry to see that OP. That's one of the worst I've seen. I would call the body shops your insurance has recommended and just ask what their experience with BMWs is. There was a local noname bodyshop in Calgary here that I wouldn't dream of ever taking my car to. My friend had to get work done there and was dreading it. As it turned out, the manager there is a certified BMW tech and worked at the dealership previously.. his car turned out perfect.
__________________
///M Power - 2011.75 LMB M3 6MT (fuelly)
stefan is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #24
8_is_enough
Captain
 
8_is_enough's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92M, '12 GTI
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: san francisco, ca

Posts: 609
iTrader: (8)

ugh!! sorry to see that

i never EVER leave my car out on halloween
8_is_enough is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2011, 11:24 AM   #25
MisterM3
not so newbie
 
MisterM3's Avatar
 
Drives: VTEC to V6 to V8
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 202
iTrader: (1)

HOLY SH!T. that friggin sucks man. feel for you. haters are always gonna hate.
MisterM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #26
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
 
Mr. ///M3 RD's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GTA, Ontario - Canada

Posts: 7,863
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 ZCP View Post
My M3 was keyed along the passenger side doors, hood, trunk, and taillights on Halloween night. Parked outside my house for 2 hours while I took my son trick-o-treating, came back home put the car in the garage and did not notice the damage until the next morning. Seems like the scratches are very deep on the hood and the trunk.

I already filed a report with the local police and filed a claim with my insurance company. Insurance company referred me to there certified body shops but not sure If I trust them with my M3. Any suggestions on body shops in SoCal? How bad does the damage look? Is the whole car going to need repainting? The taillights are really scratched up and might need replacing as well. Thanks for your input
First ... sorry to see this hope all works out for you. My M3 just got damaged as I was rear ended last Saturday. I checked with my BMW dealership and they refereed me to there certified body shop. Both my insurance co. and BMW use the same shop. The shop has certifications in the office of 3 men that have been certified by BMW. I have been told that if I would use anyone else except a certified BMW body shop then my warranty might be affected. I don't exactly know how true that might be.

Some years back my original e28 (we still own that car and photos are in my garage) was keyed all around they did not miss a part of the car - hood, all 4 doors all the fenders and the trunk. The insurance company did not cover the damage at that time. A complete new paint job was required in our case, the markings like in your case were fairly deep.

Ever since then my greatest fears are that my car gets keyed. I make sure it is safely in my garage and when I travel I stay in B&B's never in a motel or hotel. Too many hoodlums out there having no respect for other peoples property.

Once again, best of luck to you hope all gets cleared up fairly soon.

Cheers,

Rolf-Dieter
__________________
Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Mr. ///M3 RD is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #27
IND Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Drives: F10 M5
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********s III View Post
Go to C&C Collision in Pasadena, trust me on that one. I've taken my car there I think three unfortunate times for my cars and they've always done an absolutely incredible job. They often do M3's as well, so you can be certain that they'll do a good job.

Call and ask for Rett or Nathan and tell them Jurrian told you to call them. A lot of SoCal guys will recommend them as well on this forum.

Sorry to see about the damage, that really sucks... I believe in Karma so hopefully those people will get theirs some day.
+1 for Nate at C&C Collision. He can handle any and all body work.
IND Distribution is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2011, 11:50 AM   #28
Green///Hell
Colonel
 
Green///Hell's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 6MT AW
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney/Chicago

Posts: 2,645
iTrader: (5)

That's awful that there are still people doing these types of things to peoples property

Especially righting hateful remarks on the panels, it's just disgusting to look at

Wish you the best for you and your car
__________________
Green///Hell is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2011, 11:52 AM   #29
ChrisK
Brigadier General
 
ChrisK's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,859
iTrader: (4)

Sometimes I really hate the human race!!

Does anyone make a in car camera system?
__________________

2011 E92 M3: AW/BLK • DCT
Europäische Lieferung am 6. August 2010
ChrisK is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #30
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
 
Mr. ///M3 RD's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GTA, Ontario - Canada

Posts: 7,863
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
Don't get me wrong that is absolutely horrible BUT did you live under a rock as a kid? I am sad to admit it later as an adult but me and my friends and many others really let loose on halloween with mischief. Unfortunately kids do not really know or understand just how expensive keying a car really is and how much of a pain it is for the owner. They do not think at all and live in the moment to get a quick "adrenaline rush" with their friends.

The less learned here for anyone should be do not park your nice car on the streets on halloween!!! It is just common sense guys!
Sorry to disagree with you ... the OP just went with his son for a few hours (his son properly was waiting for him to come home and he had no chance to tug his car away, our family comes first before material things).

Secondly, the OP might not have had any concerns about kids in his neighbourhood, however, what I find as of late parents are bringing kids in from far away by the van loads (last night there was a traffic jam in our normally quiet neighbourhood).

The damage believe me was not made by kids, it was done by teenagers expressing there anger perhaps since no one was at the OP house. Those teenagers are just hoodlums in my eyes and had a very poor upbringing.

I think you owe the OP a apology for suggesting "live under a rock as a kid" I'm sure you would not tell him that face to face would you now under the same given circumstances if you were his immediate neighbour, would you now?
__________________
Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 11-02-2011 at 12:16 PM. Reason: made some spelling corrections
Mr. ///M3 RD is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2011, 12:14 PM   #31
Bimmerlover76
Captain
 
Bimmerlover76's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

Posts: 599
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
Karma is going to be a bitch for that scumbag. I'd go "Pulp Fiction" on that MF with a blow-torch and pliers.


I see blood. Those bastards. You know, having grown up middle-class I've seen both sides of the "haves" and "have nots." Here's my take:

People are always willing to hate on those who have money for whatever reason, stereotypes, jealousy, maybe a true and legit reason, or maybe they're just a-holes. Whatever the reason, people find that it's NOT ok to hate on those who sit on their asses, get a check from the U.S. Government, pump out kids like a Pez dispenser, ruin their credit, do drugs, etc. etc. etc. Look, I understand that those who are working 2-3 jobs and just can't seem to make ends meet. I get that, but something tells me that the bastards who scratched your baby are the types that I just ranted and raved about.

So sorry...
Bimmerlover76 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2011, 12:21 PM   #32
Bimmerlover76
Captain
 
Bimmerlover76's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

Posts: 599
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Sorry to disagree with you ... the OP just went with his son for a few hours (his son properly was waiting for him to come home and he had no chance to tug his car away, our family comes first before material things).

Secondly, the OP might not have had any concerns about kids in his neighbourhood, however, what I find as of late parents are bringing kids in from far away by the van loads (last night there was a traffic jam in our normally quiet neighbourhood).

The damage believe me was not made by kids, it was done by teenagers expressing there anger perhaps since no one was at the OP house. Those teenagers are just hoodlums in my eyes and had a very poor upbringing.

I think you owe the OP a apology for suggesting "live under a rock as a kid" I'm sure you would not tell him that face to face would you now under the same given circumstances if you were his immediate neighbour, would you now?
I agree with the need for the apology. I get your point about not parking it outside during Halloween, but still, this should NEVER happen! If it looks like a douche, smells like a douche, and walks like a douche... Probably a douche. Whoever did this deserves to get shot. I'm tired of my taxes paying for their new iPhones.
Bimmerlover76 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2011, 12:23 PM   #33
rawedge2
First Lieutenant
 
rawedge2's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 STI - 08 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: long island

Posts: 330
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
Don't get me wrong that is absolutely horrible BUT did you live under a rock as a kid? I am sad to admit it later as an adult but me and my friends and many others really let loose on halloween with mischief. Unfortunately kids do not really know or understand just how expensive keying a car really is and how much of a pain it is for the owner. They do not think at all and live in the moment to get a quick "adrenaline rush" with their friends.

The less learned here for anyone should be do not park your nice car on the streets on halloween!!! It is just common sense guys!
Your sticking up for the kids who keyed his car??
Herb.

Karma is a bitch, Hope these kids get raped. (ironic?)



edit: Rolf-Dieter +1
__________________
2008 E92 M3 (03-08-2008-first delivery)
JET BLACK on BLACK w/Carbon Leather, 19's, Tech, 6spd..
rawedge2 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #34
Bimmerlover76
Captain
 
Bimmerlover76's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

Posts: 599
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
May those punks drive Fiat 500s for there rest of their lives.
.
Except the Abarth versions. Hell, screw that. May they always be stuck driving old Chevy Chevettes. Remember those pieces of crap?
Bimmerlover76 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2011, 12:28 PM   #35
NYCM3ryder
Razzor
 
Drives: JB E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York City

Posts: 513
iTrader: (0)

damn man sorry to see this..... just goes to show how there are some ppl that are reckless stupid and have no respect. These people deserve to be caught beaten up for a few hrs and given some broken fingers so they learn... god help the punk i see do this to my m3...
__________________

2011 E90, 6 speed, technology package, black 220 rims , EDC, moon roof, matt black grills, matte side grills, 15% carbon tints, carbon fiber M pedals, ACS roof wing, IND painted reflectors, mfest black gloss m3badges, Mfest side window stickers, Tuner MS 15mm spacers, Carbon fiber M foot pedals, MS air filter, RPI air scoops, euro switch mod
NYCM3ryder is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #36
matthewk
Private First Class
 
matthewk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: TX

Posts: 110
iTrader: (0)

Upside of living in Texas, you catch someone doing that to your property after dusk and you can just shoot them..
matthewk is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2011, 02:20 PM   #37
bvernon
Private First Class
 
bvernon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 M3 Convertible
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Virginia

Posts: 140
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
Sometimes I really hate the human race!!

Does anyone make a in car camera system?
My question exactly! Is there not a camera you can mount inside the car that would be triggered by motion? Anyone do this?
bvernon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2011, 02:43 PM   #38
CarbonAlpine
Lieutenant
 
CarbonAlpine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Miami

Posts: 581
iTrader: (13)

Sorry to see such vandalism. I was so scared Halloween night because I was at a party and my m3 was curbside...I kept looking out the window. Lots of ppl use Halloween to do bad stuff...

Again, sorry
__________________
CarbonAlpine is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2011, 02:52 PM   #39
dbhg1124
Private
 
Drives: 2012 650i xdrive coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: new york

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

i couldnt help but notice that your plate said beverly hills bmw.... i did not know lowlifes existed in beverly hills sorry to hear about that damage i would undoubtedly be in jail for first degree murder if happened to me
dbhg1124 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #40
HighRevM
First Lieutenant
 
HighRevM's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SoCal

Posts: 334
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Sorry to disagree with you ... the OP just went with his son for a few hours (his son properly was waiting for him to come home and he had no chance to tug his car away, our family comes first before material things).

Secondly, the OP might not have had any concerns about kids in his neighbourhood, however, what I find as of late parents are bringing kids in from far away by the van loads (last night there was a traffic jam in our normally quiet neighbourhood).

The damage believe me was not made by kids, it was done by teenagers expressing there anger perhaps since no one was at the OP house. Those teenagers are just hoodlums in my eyes and had a very poor upbringing.

I think you owe the OP a apology for suggesting "live under a rock as a kid" I'm sure you would not tell him that face to face would you now under the same given circumstances if you were his immediate neighbour, would you now?
Im sure it was done by a bunch of punks who were up to no good.

Just got back from 2 body shops that my insurance referred me too Pacific Collision Center and Al's Body Shop.

Spent about 10 min at PCC in downey talking to Justin(estimator) he looked at the damage and we talked about how I wanted the repairs to be done and what my expectations were. He said that only certain areas of the hood and trunk would be sanded down and fixed but the rest would just be painted even If they had previous imperfections. I told him that I wanted a new trunk and taillights due to the damage and he said that the trunk could be fixed and taillights sanded and buffed out. i was not pleased with his response and certainty of the repairs. I told him that I was going to visit one other shop and I would get back to him.

Drove to Al's body shop in Huntington Park which is a BMW certified repair center and was highly recommended by my friends over at Nick Alexander BMW. First impression was like wow there was about 30 cars waiting to be repaired and 80% were BMW's. Walked in and was greeted by the receptionist who Immediately asked how I was doing and what she could help me with. I told her I was here for an estimate and right away she called a gentlemen by the name of Walter to come and take a look at the car with me. He looked at the damage and said that trunk and taillights would need to be replaced.I was surprised that right away he said that If he would try and fix the trunk when heated up that it might wrinkle up. I was like hell yes change everything you can. I also mentioned to him since the front bumper needed painting If he could remove my reflectors and shave them off, with no Hesitation he said let me ask my manager. He returned with the president of the company named Idilio who right away said "man nice M3" and agreed to shave off the reflectors at no extra cost. He took me around his shop and they had brand new 2011 5 series being repaired and a bunch of other 3series that had no motor and were being fixed from the ground up, I was amazed on how much work is spent with every car. He assured me that I would not be disappointed with the outcome of there work. I also told him since he was going to change out the trunk and taillights that If he could upgrade them to the new Lci trunk and taillights and he said he was going to try his best to get it done for me. I was amazed by there kindness and knowledge towards everything I asked.

So I decided I will leaving my car there for repair later on today. He said it will be about 4 week job and not to worry. I will keep you guys posted on the progress of the repairs

Last edited by HighRevM; 04-20-2012 at 09:54 AM.
HighRevM is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #41
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
 
Mr. ///M3 RD's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GTA, Ontario - Canada

Posts: 7,863
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 ZCP View Post
Im sure it was done by a bunch of punks who were up to no good.

Just got back from 2 body shops that my insurance referred me too Pacific Collision Center and Al's Body Shop.

Spent about 10 min at PCC in downey talking to Justin(estimator) he looked at the damage and we talked about how I wanted the repairs to be done and what my expectations were. He said that only certain areas of the hood and trunk would be sanded down and fixed but the rest would just be painted even If they had previous imperfections. I told him that I wanted a new trunk and taillights due to the damage and he said that the trunk could be fixed and taillights sanded and buffed out. i was not pleased with his response and certainty of the repairs. I told him that I was going to visit one other shop and I would get back to him.

Drove to Al's body shop in Huntington Park which is a BMW certified repair center and was highly recommended by my friends over at Nick Alexander BMW. First impression was like wow there was about 30 cars waiting to be repaired and 80% were BMW's. Walked in and was greeted by the receptionist who Immediately asked how I was doing and what she could help me with. I told her I was here for an estimate and right away she called a gentlemen by the name of Walter to come and take a look at the car with me. He looked at the damage and said that whole right side would need repainting and that trunk and taillights would need to be replaced too. I was surprised that right away he said that If he would try and fix the trunk when heated up that it might wrinkle up. I was like hell yes change everything you can. I also mentioned to him since the front bumper needed painting If he could remove my reflectors and shave them off, with no Hesitation he said let me ask my manager. He returned with the president of the company named Idilio who right away said "man nice M3" and agreed to shave off the reflectors at no extra cost. He took me around his shop and they had brand new 2011 5 series being repaired and a bunch of other 3series that had no motor and were being fixed from the ground up, I was amazed on how much work is spent with every car. He assured me that I would not be disappointed with the outcome of there work. I also told him since he was going to change out the trunk and taillights that If he could upgrade them to the new Lci trunk and taillights and he said he was going to try his best to get it done for me. I was amazed by there kindness and knowledge towards everything I asked.

So I decided I will leaving my car there for repair later on today. He said it will be about 4 week job and not to worry. I will keep you guys posted on the progress of the repairs
I am so glad you found the right resource. Sounds like your car will be in good hands. You deserve to get back the car in the same shape as you parked it yesterday evening before you took your son trick or treating. All the best and keep us posted ,,, next year tell your son ... wait a sec. let dad put the car in the garage then we go

All this inconvenience due to some teenagers trying to prove that they are macho to there friends such a shame ... hope they will get it when they are older and drive a nice car, something I doubt with what goes on in there brain will most likely never happen.
__________________
Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Mr. ///M3 RD is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #42
Kyoshi71
Colonel
 
Kyoshi71's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York

Posts: 2,528
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerlover76 View Post


I see blood. Those bastards. You know, having grown up middle-class I've seen both sides of the "haves" and "have nots." Here's my take:

People are always willing to hate on those who have money for whatever reason, stereotypes, jealousy, maybe a true and legit reason, or maybe they're just a-holes. Whatever the reason, people find that it's NOT ok to hate on those who sit on their asses, get a check from the U.S. Government, pump out kids like a Pez dispenser, ruin their credit, do drugs, etc. etc. etc. Look, I understand that those who are working 2-3 jobs and just can't seem to make ends meet. I get that, but something tells me that the bastards who scratched your baby are the types that I just ranted and raved about.

So sorry...
If you ran for office, I'd vote for you. Your first mission is to take voting rights away from those on government assistance.
__________________
"But resist we much; we must; and we will much; about that be committed."
~Rev. Al Sharpton


2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Kyoshi71 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2011, 04:01 PM   #43
Eau Rouge
Captain
 
Eau Rouge's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florida's Emerald Coast

Posts: 958
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW E92 M3  [4.50]
@ OP: It's people that pull that stuff that make it harder for us to remain positive or neutral about strangers. As others suggested, they'll get theirs. While that doesn't undo the damage to you car, it is a small consolation. Anyone that asks me to sign a petition to get the first time penalty for vandalism upgraded to death needs to see me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
Sometimes I really hate the human race!!

Does anyone make a in car camera system?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvernon View Post
My question exactly! Is there not a camera you can mount inside the car that would be triggered by motion? Anyone do this?
Here you go.

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/ca...-recorder.html
__________________
Eau Rouge is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2011, 04:25 PM   #44
derric
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2009 M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: California

Posts: 128
iTrader: (0)

I agree, does not look like it's a kids key job, looks like an adult might not even be a teenager as I think most teenagers can't write anything close to script anymore?
derric is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST