BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #23
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
JulieDriving's Avatar
30
Rep
2,308
Posts

 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Great pics Sam - thanks for sharing!

And congrats on your beautiful E92. Your pictures have managed to show off the great color (and color changes) of Jerez Black.

Have fun at PCD - post impressions & pics if you can!
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 11:01 AM   #24
seldon80
New Member
0
Rep
21
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
PCD re-delivery on 12/16, the countdown begins!
Geez, you're doing PCD and will likely get your car before I ever do. Unloaded from Elektra in Jersey on November 17th and still has not even cleared customs.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #25
SamS
Brigadier General
SamS's Avatar
61
Rep
4,579
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seldon80 View Post
Geez, you're doing PCD and will likely get your car before I ever do. Unloaded from Elektra in Jersey on November 17th and still has not even cleared customs.
That is odd. The W&W site doesn't show Released To Carrier yet? Another one of our ED travelers from 10/17 already has his car!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 11:36 AM   #26
seldon80
New Member
0
Rep
21
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
That is odd. The W&W site doesn't show Released To Carrier yet? Another one of our ED travelers from 10/17 already has his car!
Nope, nothing about that or the customs line...
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 01:16 PM   #27
SamS
Brigadier General
SamS's Avatar
61
Rep
4,579
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seldon80 View Post
Nope, nothing about that or the customs line...
Very strange. Your next status should be Customs Release, then Liner Release which means it's headed to the VPC. My car took a week to clear the VPC.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 01:23 PM   #28
seldon80
New Member
0
Rep
21
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Washington DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Very strange. Your next status should be Customs Release, then Liner Release which means it's headed to the VPC. My car took a week to clear the VPC.
So aggravating! At any rate, hope you enjoy your redelivery.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 02:51 AM   #29
hk328
Private First Class
United_States
3
Rep
105
Posts

 
Drives: Z4, X3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Great pictures! And great color! Your post convinced me to get Jerez Black

Question for you. It looks like you took your little one with you to the trip. I am also planning on doing ED next may and I will also be taking a little one. Did you bring your own baby seat? If not is there a place to rent one? My car seat is enormous and it would be very cumbersome to lug around...

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2011, 09:03 AM   #30
SamS
Brigadier General
SamS's Avatar
61
Rep
4,579
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk328 View Post
Great pictures! And great color! Your post convinced me to get Jerez Black
Jerez is great. The first time I got an up-close look at the color was when I picked up my car. I was not disappointed. I've had several black cars, but this one seems more like a "real" color because it has so many different looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk328 View Post
Question for you. It looks like you took your little one with you to the trip. I am also planning on doing ED next may and I will also be taking a little one. Did you bring your own baby seat? If not is there a place to rent one? My car seat is enormous and it would be very cumbersome to lug around...

Thanks!
Yes, we brought our own rear-facing car seat + a smallish stroller. I did not see any places to rent car seats, but there is a giant store very close to the Marienplatz that must sell 100 different kinds of seats. I think the trick would be getting your child on the plane. Not sure if they'll let a child sit in a seat without some sort of car seat? If your child is <2, of course you could hold him/her, but I would advise against it. That is a long flight to pass a baby around.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #31
Bokke
Captain
Bokke's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
987
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

SamS - ETA back to Dallas??

__________________
Garage:
09 E90 ///M3 SS | Black | Modded
13 Cayenne GTS Carmine Red
15 F82 ///M4 SS | SO | CCB's | Loaded | BBS FI's | Eisenmann | K&W | M Performance
15 991 GT3 | Rhodium Silver | Born 12/10/14 | Texas 1/30/15
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 06:10 PM   #32
767IJP
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
248
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lower Rubber Boot, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Hi guys. This is my first post. I just placed an order for a 2012 M3. I'm taking European Delivery and cannot wait.

I have a couple of questions pertaining to the pre delivery process. My salesman said the actual order won't be placed for a little while yet. I want to take delivery in the first week of May. I figure the weather and roads will be fine for some Bavarian Alps driving.

He basically told me he'd be in touch but I was wondering how "rock solid" the delivery date will be. Will I be able to bank on this? I have to book time off work.

Cannot wait, love the pics and looking forward to my first BMW.

Also, I am in Oakville Ontario Canada. How long should second delivery take? They say anywhere from 4-7 weeks. Is this realistic?

J.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 07:21 PM   #33
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
JulieDriving's Avatar
30
Rep
2,308
Posts

 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 767IJP View Post
Hi guys. This is my first post. I just placed an order for a 2012 M3. I'm taking European Delivery and cannot wait.

I have a couple of questions pertaining to the pre delivery process. My salesman said the actual order won't be placed for a little while yet. I want to take delivery in the first week of May. I figure the weather and roads will be fine for some Bavarian Alps driving.

He basically told me he'd be in touch but I was wondering how "rock solid" the delivery date will be. Will I be able to bank on this? I have to book time off work.

Cannot wait, love the pics and looking forward to my first BMW.

Also, I am in Oakville Ontario Canada. How long should second delivery take? They say anywhere from 4-7 weeks. Is this realistic?

J.
Hey, I was going to do the same thing. Maybe post it over in the Canadian forum, some there have done Canadian ED.
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 06:50 PM   #34
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict
the infamous...'s Avatar
United_States
435
Rep
17,533
Posts

 
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PARADISE aka CANES COUNTRY

iTrader: (0)

great adventure, thx 4 sharin!
look 4ward 2 ur pcd experience...
__________________


"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 08:29 PM   #35
SamS
Brigadier General
SamS's Avatar
61
Rep
4,579
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the infamous... View Post
great adventure, thx 4 sharin!
look 4ward 2 ur pcd experience...


PCD was awesome. I do have pics, but it might be a while before I have time to post them. Keep tuned to this thread.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST