BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #111
vladberca
Brigadier General
 
vladberca's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 jetta tsi 6mt
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Craiova

Posts: 3,598
iTrader: (0)

Congrats and thanks for sharing your great experience
vladberca is offline   Romania
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2011, 08:39 PM   #112
mshab356
Go ///M or go home
 
mshab356's Avatar
 
Drives: a ///Monster
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern VA

Posts: 730
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurite90M View Post
Selling?
Sorry that was from my phone and i dont even know why i posted that LOL ignore...
__________________
2011.5 SG E92 ///M3 6MT | CF kidney grills | IND SG painted side grills w/ tinted lenses | Painted bumper reflectors | TMS 90mm stud kit | Rear fog light mod | Active Autowerke exhaust |

mshab356 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2011, 10:37 PM   #113
smmmurf
Colonel
 
Drives: 2009 M3 Sedan 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pleasanton, CA

Posts: 2,102
iTrader: (7)

that's a cool car bro

can't tell the dif between that and jerez, ok perhaps a little more black than blue

but the ED pics are great. i did ed in 2009 and it was fantastic. want to ship my car back across the pond
__________________
M3 Sedan - AW/Black - 6MT - no moonroof - no folding seats - RAC RG63 - clear bra by Omega Werks
smmmurf is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2011, 12:41 AM   #114
Azurite90M
Private First Class
 
Azurite90M's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 s65
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DC

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmmurf View Post
that's a cool car bro

can't tell the dif between that and jerez, ok perhaps a little more black than blue

but the ED pics are great. i did ed in 2009 and it was fantastic. want to ship my car back across the pond
Thanks for the kind words smmmurf! ED was a blast! The AB is actually more blue than JB. Check out some recent pics in a brighter setting.



Azurite90M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2011, 12:01 AM   #115
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
 
JulieDriving's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,308
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Azurite90M,

I want to thank-you for all the great pics you took and shared with us, as well as for the detailed write-up of what you did with your car.

Thanks to you and TTBear, I finally settled on Azurite Black. The pictures of your interior sold me on the black leather + piano black trim too. I too struggled with Jet Black (and still do sometimes, to be honest), but my gut is telling me that I will not regret the choice of Azurite & Piano Black.

Congratulations on your stunning E90M3!!! I think we will be among the last, if not the last, to have E9x Azurite Black M3s....

P.S. I thought I was the only crazy one for trying to figure out how I could protect my piano black trim - but you had it wrapped - brilliant!
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
JulieDriving is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2011, 12:08 AM   #116
Azurite90M
Private First Class
 
Azurite90M's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 s65
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DC

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Azurite90M,

I want to thank-you for all the great pics you took and shared with us, as well as for the detailed write-up of what you did with your car.

Thanks to you and TTBear, I finally settled on Azurite Black. The pictures of your interior sold me on the black leather + piano black trim too. I too struggled with Jet Black (and still do sometimes, to be honest), but my gut is telling me that I will not regret the choice of Azurite & Piano Black.

Congratulations on your stunning E90M3!!! I think we will be among the last, if not the last, to have E9x Azurite Black M3s....

P.S. I thought I was the only crazy one for trying to figure out how I could protect my piano black trim - but you had it wrapped - brilliant!
JulieDriving,

Welcome to the Azurite Black M3 club!!! Glad I can be of assistance. It is a mesmerizing color and as youíve indicated, very rare. You will not be disappointed with the Piano Black trim either. Goes so well with a black interior. What is else did you get? Are you doing ED & PCD? Please post pics of your AB when she finally arrives! Canít wait to see it.
Azurite90M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2011, 12:36 AM   #117
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
 
JulieDriving's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,308
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurite90M View Post
JulieDriving,

Welcome to the Azurite Black M3 club!!! Glad I can be of assistance. It is a mesmerizing color and as you’ve indicated, very rare. You will not be disappointed with the Piano Black trim either. Goes so well with a black interior. What is else did you get? Are you doing ED & PCD? Please post pics of your AB when she finally arrives! Can’t wait to see it.
Thanks! I will definitely post pics. In fact, it's very likely I'll be meeting the new owner of TTBear's Azurite Black M3 (the new owner only lives about 1.5-2.0 hours from me), and if he agrees, I'm going to take several photos of our two cars and post them up. But car may not get here for a while. I am still leaving the option of European delivery open and the earliest I could do it is the end of May...

I'm struggling with the options list. My plan was to go simple & modestly equipped only, as I love spartan M's and want to keep the car a long time... But now I'm wondering about getting something like rust brown for the interior. If I was going to do that, the car would necessarily be more loaded and in that case, I'm thinking might as well tick off all the boxes then... I dunno. I'm so OCD about this. Luckily, a forum member with that interior leather color (and piano) has graciously offered to let me see his car. I will need to see in person before making up my mind, I don't do well with little square swatches. I'd keep the Azurite and Piano black for sure though.

We don't have PCD in Canada (and we don't have any discount on Euro Delivery either ), but man...... that is the way to go! It's terrific you were able to take advantage of both ED + PCD! Thanks again for your thread.
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
JulieDriving is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2011, 03:51 PM   #118
Vegas_Sirk
Its All About The Offset
 
Vegas_Sirk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation: Vegas

Posts: 3,544
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Vegas_Sirk
Quote:
Arrived at the Zurich Marriott - Nice facility and convenient to Old Town and Central Station. I had to be careful driving down the hotel's underground parking to avoid curb rash. NARROW!
I did this in Prague when I did Euro Delivery on my 335i. I wanted to cry. The funny part is when I got the car in the states they replaced the wheel .... must have thought it was done in shipping.


Also you pics make me bummed that BMW only sold the 1M for such a short time. They really should have sold it for 2012 as well.
__________________

AKA M3This (changed my user name ) | M3 Build Thread | E61 Build Thread
Vegas_Sirk is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2011, 11:13 PM   #119
Azurite90M
Private First Class
 
Azurite90M's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 s65
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DC

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3This View Post
I did this in Prague when I did Euro Delivery on my 335i. I wanted to cry. The funny part is when I got the car in the states they replaced the wheel .... must have thought it was done in shipping.


Also you pics make me bummed that BMW only sold the 1M for such a short time. They really should have sold it for 2012 as well.
That was nice from BMW to replace your wheel. I was fortunate. It was a pain driving 2 mph down that underground garage. I hear you on the 1M. Why one year? The 1M's look so much better in person.
Azurite90M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-08-2011, 11:30 PM   #120
Azurite90M
Private First Class
 
Azurite90M's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 s65
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DC

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Thanks! I will definitely post pics. In fact, it's very likely I'll be meeting the new owner of TTBear's Azurite Black M3 (the new owner only lives about 1.5-2.0 hours from me), and if he agrees, I'm going to take several photos of our two cars and post them up. But car may not get here for a while. I am still leaving the option of European delivery open and the earliest I could do it is the end of May...

I'm struggling with the options list. My plan was to go simple & modestly equipped only, as I love spartan M's and want to keep the car a long time... But now I'm wondering about getting something like rust brown for the interior. If I was going to do that, the car would necessarily be more loaded and in that case, I'm thinking might as well tick off all the boxes then... I dunno. I'm so OCD about this. Luckily, a forum member with that interior leather color (and piano) has graciously offered to let me see his car. I will need to see in person before making up my mind, I don't do well with little square swatches. I'd keep the Azurite and Piano black for sure though.

We don't have PCD in Canada (and we don't have any discount on Euro Delivery either ), but man...... that is the way to go! It's terrific you were able to take advantage of both ED + PCD! Thanks again for your thread.
That's too bad you guys up north can't do PCD and don't offer ED discount. I originally planned on getting a base M3 too with a manual, no options except for ZCP. Then I came across this M5 combo:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...-platinum.html

AB with Platinum interior. Such an awesome combo. Once I started with the Individual color and next came the other options. Eventually decided against platinum due to the additional maintenance. I am still thinking about that combo.

TTBear's E92M was gorgeous. Hope the new owner takes good care of it!

Good luck on your configuration. It took me a couple months to finally settle on one so take your time.
Azurite90M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2011, 12:01 AM   #121
M3pnoy
Lieutenant
 
M3pnoy's Avatar
 
Drives: Amuse W/B s2000, A/W 08 M3
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bergen County, NJ

Posts: 491
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Love it, thanks for sharing your European delivery
M3pnoy is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2011, 01:49 PM   #122
Vegas_Sirk
Its All About The Offset
 
Vegas_Sirk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation: Vegas

Posts: 3,544
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Vegas_Sirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurite90M View Post
That was nice from BMW to replace your wheel. I was fortunate. It was a pain driving 2 mph down that underground garage. I hear you on the 1M. Why one year? The 1M's look so much better in person.

Yea it was. I was shocked they did. The whole European Delivery process is an amazing experience. If I like M4 when its release I plan to do it again.
__________________

AKA M3This (changed my user name ) | M3 Build Thread | E61 Build Thread
Vegas_Sirk is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #123
MMJ4mil
New Member
 
Drives: 2011 AW M3 ZCP Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Diego

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

im going to kill myself if I ever get pulled over for not having a front license plate and having to install in on the bumper :mad:
MMJ4mil is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2012, 02:00 AM   #124
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
 
JulieDriving's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,308
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Thanks for additional pics

Thanks Azurite90M for the additional pics







Gorgeous blue flakes! Great job on the waxing too.

Have any pics of your new exhaust?
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
JulieDriving is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #125
Azurite90M
Private First Class
 
Azurite90M's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 s65
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DC

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Thanks JulieDriving! Here are the Akra install pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Thanks Azurite90M for the additional pics







Gorgeous blue flakes! Great job on the waxing too.

Have any pics of your new exhaust?
Thanks JulieDriving. Still getting Azurite Black?

Akrapovic Slip-On Installation: Thanks to Cal@Sonic for quickly shipping out the exhaust. On order: Challenge Street x-pipe!





Fresh out of the box. The titanium Slip-on is so much lighter than the OEM exhaust.










Before with OEM exhaust.



OEM exhaust removal.



Heat shields on each side.









Without the tips.









Installation complete: Akrapovic Slip-on with titanium tips. The quality of this system is amazing. I really like the new exhaust note. It is definitely not loud at all except when you first fire up the engine.











__________________
Azurite90M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #126
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
 
JulieDriving's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,308
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
^^^ WOW!! She looks terrific! Thanks for all those pics. I'm drooling.

So much cleaner than OEM

I gotta google videos of the Akrapovic exhaust now, lol.

Azurite is 95% confirmed. I am set to see TTBear's former car with its new owner later this month (first allocation for build is in March). I will only change my mind if I don't like it in person, but somehow I really doubt that will happen...

I did see Platinum in person, thanks for the suggestion. It is to die for, I agree. But maintenance would be difficult, and I am finally going with a semi-spartan build. I know, I know, it's unusual to pair Individual with a spartan-ish build. But it's really what will make me happy, so.

I'm book-marking this thread man. So I can come back and drool over the photos [s]too many times[/s] from time to time, lol.
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
JulieDriving is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2012, 10:47 PM   #127
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
 
JulieDriving's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,308
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
One more question. Did you consider the BMW OEM Performance Exhaust?
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
JulieDriving is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #128
Azurite90M
Private First Class
 
Azurite90M's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 s65
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DC

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
^^^ WOW!! She looks terrific! Thanks for all those pics. I'm drooling.

So much cleaner than OEM

I gotta google videos of the Akrapovic exhaust now, lol.

Azurite is 95% confirmed. I am set to see TTBear's former car with its new owner later this month (first allocation for build is in March). I will only change my mind if I don't like it in person, but somehow I really doubt that will happen...

I did see Platinum in person, thanks for the suggestion. It is to die for, I agree. But maintenance would be difficult, and I am finally going with a semi-spartan build. I know, I know, it's unusual to pair Individual with a spartan-ish build. But it's really what will make me happy, so.

I'm book-marking this thread man. So I can come back and drool over the photos [s]too many times[/s] from time to time, lol.
I think TTBear's M3 had an Evo. Maybe the new owner can let you listen to it. I can't wait to see your car in March!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
One more question. Did you consider the BMW OEM Performance Exhaust?
Yes, I did. It was between the Akra Evo, Slip and the M Performance Exhaust. The Evo was eventually nixed due to VA emissions.

The major differences between the M and Slip are the build quality and exhaust note. The Akraís quality is unsurpassed. It is a work of art. You can tell a lot of effort went into design and build quality. The M exhaust sounds like an old muscle car V8, which sounded great. I personally preferred the Akraís more refined, yet subdued note. Both are great systems. One advantage the M does have is the assurance from a BMW warranty if purchased and installed from a BMW dealer.
__________________
Azurite90M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2012, 11:54 PM   #129
IHB
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 e90 m3 le mans blue
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Minnesota

Posts: 105
iTrader: (0)

Congrats on the beautiful car and color. I actually just got my akrapovic evo taken off my e90 and replaced with the oem performance exhaust. The akra was just too much for me in a lot of ways but one of the main problems for me was how far the tips stuck out. I've heard (read) that the tips stick out further on e90s more than e92s but in your pictures they don't look that far out. I'd love to see some rear corner and side pictures of your car now.
I'm going to hold on to my akra though, you never know. This forum has me constantly thinking and re-thinking about what I want my car to be. I will say I do like my new oem exhaust............today.
IHB is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #130
Azurite90M
Private First Class
 
Azurite90M's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 s65
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DC

Posts: 136
iTrader: (0)

Thanks IHB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHB View Post
Congrats on the beautiful car and color. I actually just got my akrapovic evo taken off my e90 and replaced with the oem performance exhaust. The akra was just too much for me in a lot of ways but one of the main problems for me was how far the tips stuck out. I've heard (read) that the tips stick out further on e90s more than e92s but in your pictures they don't look that far out. I'd love to see some rear corner and side pictures of your car now.
I'm going to hold on to my akra though, you never know. This forum has me constantly thinking and re-thinking about what I want my car to be. I will say I do like my new oem exhaust............today.
Thanks IHB. What didn't you like about the Evo? I really wanted the Evo but would not pass emissions here in VA. Do you like the M Performance?

Here are some rear view images of the Slip.







__________________
Azurite90M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #131
bmwtech13
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Herndon, Va

Posts: 582
iTrader: (0)

Just read through this whole thread; very nice post man! Hope you enjoy the e90 and keep us posted on future progress! See you around
__________________
-2008 Alpine White E90 M3
-1999 Diamond Schwarz E36/8 Z3 MCoupe
-2006 Yamaha R6
bmwtech13 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #132
IHB
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 e90 m3 le mans blue
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Minnesota

Posts: 105
iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the quick pics and response. We don't have emissions tests in Minnesota and the the funny thing is that the smell and the smoke that emitted from the evo was one of the things that started to bother me. Also the cold start was really loud with a lot of vibration and I know that I could've deleted that but Minnesota gets pretty cold and I drive my car year round so that didn't seem like the best idea. It also vibrated more than I liked at idle too. Your tips look just like mine did so I think it's just a personal taste issue as far as that goes. Bottom line is the akra evo was just more than I bargained for on every level including looks. I will miss the added hp and torque though.

I'm on day 2 of my oem performance exhaust and so far I think it's a better fit for me, looks and sound.

Thanks again and great car.
IHB is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST