BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM Sport

10-31-2011, 10:54 AM   #23
Rshane
M-Flight Member

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Sorry to hear about that. At least it doesn't look too bad and hopefully you can get it fixed soon.

I still have a nice crease with scratches from when my car was 3 days old and some nitwit tried to parallel park behind me. The crease is exactly the same dimensions as the frame from the European license plate frame. I figure I will wait until I get back stateside to get it fixed.

2012 Le Mans Blue 135i M Pkg DCT
2013 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew
Rshane is offline   United_States
      10-31-2011, 01:04 PM   #24
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict

Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

sux this happen'd, hope it all gets back 2 new asap!

"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
the infamous... is offline   United_States
      10-31-2011, 02:28 PM   #25
bigjae1976
Takes threads off topic...daily

Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Sorry to hear that.

I know how you feel, I had my 330Ci rear ended twice in Korea which had previously never made car-to-car contact...except for the time I backed into my own car...so previously never made contact with a car I didn't own.

And I hate little dings like that. Its there and it pisses you off. Its not really bad but you still HAVE to get it fixed. But you'll be without your car for awhile...I had to wait 3 weeks.

Sponsored by Momentum BMW #593...We Bleed BMW BLUE!
      10-31-2011, 03:01 PM   #26
L4ces
Captain

Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Everyone else have expressed all of what I'd have said but still I say that sucks! It feels close to home when these things happen to forum members.
L4ces is offline   United_States
      10-31-2011, 03:15 PM   #27
Fanta
C

Drives: 740iL, M3, Carrera & C320

Body shop can do spot paint and blend it natural. That save your original paint.
Fanta is offline   Canada
      10-31-2011, 03:17 PM   #28
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General

Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshane View Post
Sorry to hear about that. At least it doesn't look too bad and hopefully you can get it fixed soon.

I still have a nice crease with scratches from when my car was 3 days old and some nitwit tried to parallel park behind me. The crease is exactly the same dimensions as the frame from the European license plate frame. I figure I will wait until I get back stateside to get it fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the infamous... View Post
sux this happen'd, hope it all gets back 2 new asap!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
Sorry to hear that.

I know how you feel, I had my 330Ci rear ended twice in Korea which had previously never made car-to-car contact...except for the time I backed into my own car...so previously never made contact with a car I didn't own.

And I hate little dings like that. Its there and it pisses you off. Its not really bad but you still HAVE to get it fixed. But you'll be without your car for awhile...I had to wait 3 weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4ces View Post
Everyone else have expressed all of what I'd have said but still I say that sucks! It feels close to home when these things happen to forum members.
Yes it feels like sh,,t ... Thank you all for your comments, I added an UPDATE in my Original Post for you all .... Thanks again

Meanwhile Happy Motoring (and keep an eye on the back mirror of idiots hugging your rear end ... I so hate this).

Cheers,

Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Mr. ///M3 RD is offline   Canada
      10-31-2011, 03:18 PM   #29
Groundpilot
Major

Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Send a message via ICQ to Groundpilot
It could have been much worse. Too many bad drivers out there. I lost the count how many times i saved my car(s) over the years.

David
Groundpilot is offline   United_States
      10-31-2011, 03:31 PM   #30
mdosu
Banned

Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

got rear-ended in your similar situation too. Same lesson learned, don't move 1 inch, until you're ready to move, when you inch up, the guy behind you may just assume you're moving and can run into you.

I can't tell from your pics, but is your bumper misaglined? If it's just scratches, no big deal, just a respray, but if the bumper is hanging down or dented, then yeah, it might be a $4000+ job.
mdosu is offline   No_Country
      10-31-2011, 03:31 PM   #31
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 09 AND135I 11 View Post
It could have been much worse. Too many bad drivers out there. I lost the count how many times i saved my car(s) over the years.
Thanks Dave, In my case there was nowhere to go with two pedestrians stepping into the street without looking and one was texting on his phone as he crossed the street. I do somehow wish people would look out once in awhile when the cross the street.

I'm sure you saw people too crossing the street in a very slow step while totally ignoring the traffic and concentrating only what letter to hit on that tiny little phone keypad. I so hate this how irresponsible they are.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
      10-31-2011, 03:33 PM   #32
Mike van D
Major

Drives: SG X6 35i; MW e92 M3

Sorry to hear. Hope she's back to norm soon. Glad you had no injuries.
      10-31-2011, 03:35 PM   #33
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
got rear-ended in your similar situation too. Same lesson learned, don't move 1 inch, until you're ready to move, when you inch up, the guy behind you may just assume you're moving and can run into you.

I can't tell from your pics, but is your bumper misaglined? If it's just scratches, no big deal, just a respray, but if the bumper is hanging down or dented, then yeah, it might be a $4000+ job.
Yes the bumper is miss-aligned (pushed forward on the driver side) also there is a transverse hairline crack in the bumper and the holding brackets are bend. The bumper will be replaced and some other parts. Repair will be done by a BMW certified Body Shop otherwise it would affect my warranty.

10-31-2011, 03:36 PM   #34
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedMoreToyz View Post
Sorry to hear. Hope she's back to norm soon. Glad you had no injuries.
Thanks, no everyone is fine

10-31-2011, 03:39 PM   #35
mdosu
Banned

Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Yes the bumper is miss-aligned (pushed forward on the driver side) also there is a transverse hairline crack in the bumper and the holding brackets are bend. The bumper will be replaced and some other parts. Repair will be done by a BMW certified Body Shop otherwise it would affect my warranty.
yeah basically it's a massive reconstruction of your bumper then. They will take it off, fill it with body mold/filling, sand it down, then respray. they will then have to replace the structure part of the bumper so it's aligned back, then reassemble everything, and depending on if they're reusing old clips and parking sensors, they might just decide to order all new clips and sensors. You're looking at a $4000+ job.
mdosu is offline   No_Country
      10-31-2011, 03:47 PM   #36
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
yeah basically it's a massive reconstruction of your bumper then. They will take it off, fill it with body mold/filling, sand it down, then respray. they will then have to replace the structure part of the bumper so it's aligned back, then reassemble everything, and depending on if they're reusing old clips and parking sensors, they might just decide to order all new clips and sensors. You're looking at a $4000+ job.
I am told they will replace the bumper. I will ask for the old bumper back, I might have it repaired for future and store it

I am a kind of pack rat what can I say ... if I need something to fix something believe it or not I always find it in my garage If I don't use something in 7 years I trow it away wife's orders.

10-31-2011, 07:53 PM   #37
Darth One
Former yr 1of1 owner

Drives: SGM E90

that does look like an awfully expensive repair for how minor it looks
Darth One is offline   United_States
      10-31-2011, 08:47 PM   #38
donovan
Brigadier General

Drives: E92 m3 AW, light package

Where the heck is 13% tax at......?

e46 m3 Black
Too many mods
donovan is offline   Germany
      10-31-2011, 11:36 PM   #39
bigjae1976
Takes threads off topic...daily

Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.00]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
It takes just one crack in the plastic on the bumper then it becomes more expensive to fix than to just replace.

Sponsored by Momentum BMW #593...We Bleed BMW BLUE!
      11-01-2011, 08:13 AM   #40
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by donovan View Post
Where the heck is 13% tax at......?
We have 8% + 5% combined Tax now on anything we get done or purchase here in our Province of Ontario - Canada

11-01-2011, 09:20 AM   #41
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
that does look like an awfully expensive repair for how minor it looks
Pictures are deceiving (I took them with my iPhone. The photos don't show the crack or the axial misalignment of the bumper (approx 1/4" in the axial direction) or the bend support/holding bracket. By looking at it one would think oh ... $500- to $800- should fix this ... then the aforementioned changes all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
It takes just one crack in the plastic on the bumper then it becomes more expensive to fix than to just replace.
The crack is running about 8" in the transverse direction (left to right) it cannot be seen in the photo, it is fairly faint and appears like a hairline. It will require a new bumper, the bumper alone is around $1300- plus tax.

11-01-2011, 09:33 AM   #42
dnvrdrvr
Captain

Drives: JB E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
I am told they will replace the bumper. I will ask for the old bumper back, I might have it repaired for future and store it

I am a kind of pack rat what can I say ... if I need something to fix something believe it or not I always find it in my garage If I don't use something in 7 years I trow it away wife's orders.
Winter bumper!

Just a girl and her 420 ponies...
www.mw3motorsports.com
dnvrdrvr is offline   United_States
      11-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #43
RayC
Lieutenant

Drives: E90 M3

Similar situation happened to me. Rear bumper was creased and had very minor paint damage. When I took it in to the dealer, they wanted to replace the bumper completely...I didn't really care because the other person was paying for it all.

He wanted to pay out of pocket because he thought it would cost a few hundred bucks and didn't want to use his insurance, but he was pretty livid that it was going to cost around 5k-6k. I had to get the dealer to explain to him why it would cost that much and it would be better for him to use his insurance since I would need a rental.

The only good thing about the accident was that they gave me an e92 M3 loaner. Got to see what the coupe was like.
RayC is offline   South Korea
      11-10-2011, 09:57 AM   #44
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General

Garage List
Just an Update

Finally got the certified cheques yesterday from the Canadian Veteran (he is 78 years young). The matter was on hold with my insurance since I wanted to give him the choice of paying for it or go thru his insurance.

Parts are now on order, when the certified BMW Auto Body Shop gets the parts (rear bumper and support brackets) I will get the call. Then repair I am told will take 3 to 4 business days.