BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-02-2011, 08:47 AM   #133
carve
Major
Rep

Drives: 335i

Have you seen "Ahhhhh. Zombies"? It shows things from the zombie's perspective. It's on Netflix streaming.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 08:51 AM   #134
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: M3

CRAZY!

http://republicanzombiedefense.com/
      11-03-2011, 10:13 AM   #135
FDM68
Captain
Wake Island
Rep

Drives: 11' 135i

One idea I'd mull around would be to get myself a bad ass suit of chainmail...no muthafkn zombie's gonna bite through that. Then a good mace or warhammer and a big ass sword like a claymore (had one back a few years ago, real one not the dull edged one...awesome mantle piece and fuck would it cleave a walkers head clean off) Then being in Germany I'd park my ass up inside one of these castles...Full of supplies etc.... Would definatly need a barret 50. cal for long range sniping etc...

by the way the Walking Dead is an awesome show!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #136
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i

Lol you guys...

Ill be on a cruise ship chilling in Tahiti - all about the S.S. MMW!!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #137
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
ring of fire doesn't work. they feel no pain and will pursue you until their bodies and burnt to the extent where they can no longer move.

really tall fence works so long as they don't surround you.

i'd rather do axe to the dome than double tap

fun zombie reads:
world war z
living dead
the zombie survival guide
which is the best read?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #138
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
which is the best read?
haha too bad you live in socal... you could borrow those books from me.

the zombie survival guide is literally just a survival guide that "teaches" you how to live in a zombie infested land... not really a story book

world war z is a linear story that uses the accounts of many narrators worldwide and their experiences from the start to the end of the zombie war. i think its a fun read... the format of the story is like a documentary

living dead is pretty much the foundation of the tv show... except i think the book is a lot better and gives you a more grim outlook for the protagonist and his followers. its a graphic novel, so might not interest all people, but of the three books i mentioned, this was probably the most fun to read because there are a lot of characters and its pretty suspenseful. (Pick up Compendium I)

i actually also picked up "The Living Dead: Rise of the Governor" a week ago that came out in october and is written by the same guy who wrote the living dead.. i was expecting a graphic novel, but its actually a regular novel... and i thought it was really good because it gave me some background on an important person of the latter half of Compendium I

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #139
markham335i
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 07 335i

this thread is epic haha

iv been watching the tv series "the walking dead" and rly enjoying it i recommend for ur zombie enthusiasts. its also teaching me some ways to survive but to be honest.. im dead if this actually happens.
Upgrades: <Cobb V3, DCI, BMS downpipes, ER charge pipe, Forge DV, bbs ch-r, 30%tint all around, bmw performance exhaust, umnitza V4 angel eyes>.....Next upgrades (I would like):intercooler, BBK, turbo upgrade....etc....
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 12:51 AM   #140
FwdFtl
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep

Drives: E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by markham335i View Post
this thread is epic haha

iv been watching the tv series "the walking dead" and rly enjoying it i recommend for ur zombie enthusiasts. its also teaching me some ways to survive but to be honest.. im dead if this actually happens.
I'm now convinced to check out this series. P.S. You won't die if you stick with some of us ULTRA equipped folk in here! (see mikeith's post about his infinite gun collection)
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 02:28 AM   #141
jhv
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Every Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllydNYC View Post

There you go, put pictures in each spot.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414521
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 06:40 AM   #142
AllydNYC
No_Country
Rep

Drives: 08' 328xi | 91' E30 318is

Garage List
2008 328xi  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post

BBS CH w/PSS|H&R Coilovers|Front Strut Bar|CF CSL Trunk|Front Splitters|LCI Halogens|LUX 5.1|Blacklines|Black Grill|CF/White roundels
"A Associate or Bachelors degree is America's most over rated product"
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 12:27 AM   #143
carve
Major
Rep

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 01:19 AM   #144
AU335i
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2008 335i E92

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 03:44 AM   #145
samchoi604
Colonel
Rep

Drives: black on black

Not sure if this was posted before.

7 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Apocalypse Would Fail Quickly

Very convincing arguments. You can all sleep easy now.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #146
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep

Drives: 335i E92

I open a thread about this subject a few minutes before, seems like it was deleted

i ask why russians get arrested in his country for give a second chance to others persons

thats an attack to the individual freedom, fuck kgb how dare you, this man aint doing nothing wrong just share his life, his love, his warm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...b1M_video.html
There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #147
carve
Major
Rep

I think Russian zombies SHOULD be arrested, or even given capital punishment.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #148
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Drives: Topless 135/Electric Boogaloo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=iS8KXHBCimo#!
      11-12-2011, 12:10 AM   #149
Arkie
United_States
Rep

Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven View Post

I have a Ruger SR9C with 7 17rd magazines, and 2 10rd magazines all full (I hate reloading at the range) in the bag ready to rock and roll.

Phase 2 of your plan is collecting zombie-apololypse-specific supplies for this adventure. You need plenty of gas, a generator, ammo, bigger weapons, and transportation to your phase 3 location. You need to already know what you need to get, who you need to get, how you're going to communicate, and what you'll need for your phase 3 location in terms of supplies now because you may not ever get another opportunity to stock up. Phase 2 is the most important because it sustains you through phase 3, also known as the rest of your life.

Phase 3 needs to involve getting to and securing a facility. Ideally, this is on an island with 12' concrete walls. Inside, there must be a way to sustain life (farming) and generating power (near a river, perhaps?). You need to make this location self-sustaining and secure indefinitely, so if huting is part of the plan, you need to make sure you don't use your natural resources too quickly.
Keeping your mags completely full is a bad idea. Weakens the springs and you will eventually have a Failure to feed at an inopportune moment. If they are a low ball magazine you are almost guaranteed for it to happen.

Better have your phase 3 already picked ,stocked and ready to move in. Why waste time running around for months trying to find supplies while the last of the uninfected are doing the same. P times six.

Anyway why not do it in real life. Have a cache of food, I say three years but at least two months. It is insurance against a natural disaster. Flood earthquake, etc.......economic collapse..... Whatever. You carry insurance on your house, car etc. This is just another kind and doesn't cost much extra to do. At your cut off point it costs nothing extra as you should rotate your stock. New to the back old to the front. Easy as pie.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 02:31 AM   #150
nood1es
Captain
Rep

Drives: E70

check this place out. zombie hunters.org
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 02:52 AM   #151
carve
Major
Rep

I heard that spring weakening thing was a myth. I've heard of people pulling out mags that have been loaded for decades and they fire, and continue to fire, just fine.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 05:33 AM   #152
Arkie
United_States
Rep

Drives: E93 M3

I too have heard both but it does make sense to me. I had read one study where the spring stayed compressed for a year. It was way shorter than a new unsed spring but eventually came back to about an inch of new. The force had been measured and it was 1.5 pounds less in force. Just saying you can go either way. I think the problem would be greater in the chance of high cap mags rather than single stack due to space available for the spring. And as I only have one pistol with double stack mags that isn't too much of a problem for me. Yup 1911 fan here.

I always have plenty of loaded mags around but I have plenty of empty too. I walk outside my door to shoot so it is no problem on rotation of mags. Just like to error on the safe side.

Apnd as they always say, most myths have some basis in fact.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 11:10 AM   #153
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep

Drives: 335i E92

how many zombies/vampires-werewolfs serials and movies since a years ago from now? i lost the count

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
I think Russian zombies SHOULD be arrested, or even given capital punishment.

russian COMUNIST zombies, are the focus of evil on world, thats the enemy ... what the hell is CIA waiting for?
There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 03:00 PM   #154
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

springs DO weaken.

when i was in the Marines during peace time, the armory would NEVER load magazines and leave them loaded.

it was a Marine Corps Directive.
Appreciate 0