BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-28-2011, 03:55 PM   #89
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Alpine Whiteboy's Avatar
120
Rep
9,258
Posts

Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Queens, N.Y.

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi335 View Post
There was a serial killer who achieve with succes create human zombies using trepanation. He can gave orders and they obey without resist at all, but they all died hours because obviously the "surgery" method aplicated was not very good

aslo i saw video of old taped films showing experiments where a cutted dog head is reanimated, he's not concious, but he could react to stimulus such smell food, ear sounds etc
Where's the SAP button when u need it...
__________________
Boopie*Motorwerks

Martino*Auto*Concepts
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #90
FwdFtl
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
103
Rep
266
Posts

Drives: E60
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi335 View Post
There was a serial killer who achieve with succes create human zombies using trepanation. He can gave orders and they obey without resist at all, but they all died hours because obviously the "surgery" method aplicated was not very good

aslo i saw video of old taped films showing experiments where a cutted dog head is reanimated, he's not concious, but he could react to stimulus such smell food, ear sounds etc
As painful as that was to read, I get what your saying. I think it would be awesome if they could create a "zombie experince" where people can create a team and work there way through a maze and kill simulated zombies. Like a night time only exhibit, kind of like laser tag for grown ups
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #91
AU335i
Captain
AU335i's Avatar
18
Rep
886
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i E92
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auburn, AL

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
As painful as that was to read, I get what your saying. I think it would be awesome if they could create a "zombie experince" where people can create a team and work there way through a maze and kill simulated zombies. Like a night time only exhibit, kind of like laser tag for grown ups
ideas like this are how zombie break outs start... yeah seems like a good idea now... until the "accident" happens. lol


edit: nvm re-read your post... thought you meant actually creating zombies so people can just kill lmao
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #92
Jebus335
Private First Class
2
Rep
149
Posts

Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ca

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeith View Post
things to have:

BASICS
- about 2-3 weeks worth of food and sealed water. Check (I have 2 50g barrels in my garage)
- good medic kit, including painkillers, a good supply of antibiotics(pill and topical) and the rest of the basics Check, however, keeping pill form antibiotics is difficult due to there relatively short shelf life. I do however have the knoweldge and supplies to make penicillin (I'm not kidding)
- two full tanks of butane and a good compact gas stove Check
- good Molle backpack Check
- fire starter kit Check
- a couple books on survivalism Need to get one in paperback
- lots of rechargeable batteries Check, with a handcrank charger
- solar power USB and battery charger... i.e. http://www.envirogadget.com/solar-po...-by-powerfilm/
- gas mask One thing that I DO need, any suggestions?

GUNS: you really only need 4-5 guns to KEEP for the any kind in the event of a zombie or other end world disaster. doesnt hurt to have more for bartering but these are the ones you give up under NO circumstance. (below is my preferences feel free to change for whatever you feel necessary and i will list my reasoning for said weapon below it)
- mid caliber rifle: LMT AR-15 w/ magpul furniture, 2-stage trigger w/ iron sights (in case of EMP burst), and an EOTech is on the way.

- handgun: HK USP 45, my next handgun will be a .40 cal due to the reasons you mentioned

- 12 gauge shotgun: Remington 870.
(good ol reliable! SBS'd down to 12" carry purposes 50/50 split of buck/bird shot rounds) Check!

- small caliber rifle: Got an old school semi auto 22

- large caliber rifle: Ahh, this is where you and I differ, I consider large caliber a long action round. I have a Howa 1500 30.06 with a low light scope for taking down the larger threats RE Nemisis class zombies perhaps

OTHER WEAPONS
- machete/short sword: Swamp Rat knives "Rodent Waki"
(kind of in between, battel ready and just flat out bad ass... dont have but want)
Me likey, I need to get one

- survival/tactical knife: I got lots of 'em

- crossbow: Excaliber Phoenix recurve
(lightweight, compact, reusable ammo... enough said)
This is also on my list of must haves since it is not a firearm, and big brother has no record of it.

- protective gear: can be lots of things, mine would be old moto gear, to cover limbs and what not to protect from zombies munching on you.
Full moto gear is a pretty goood idea!
Someone else already mentioned it, but a quiet oil burning generator is a must, not to mention CB/HAM radios.

I like this thread...
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 05:32 PM   #93
FwdFtl
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
103
Rep
266
Posts

Drives: E60
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebus335 View Post
Someone else already mentioned it, but a quiet oil burning generator is a must, not to mention CB/HAM radios.

I like this thread...
Man, you guys don't fuk around. I'd hate to see the victim that tries to rob you guys. They would be running around on fire with arrows and stab marks all over them.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 05:33 PM   #94
Inspired
Colonel
Inspired's Avatar
43
Rep
2,264
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp4cheddar View Post
Punch-A-Packed Ray Gun...

^^That's all you need...
Was waiting for this..

I'll take a thundergun any day..
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #95
FwdFtl
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
103
Rep
266
Posts

Drives: E60
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU335i View Post
ideas like this are how zombie break outs start... yeah seems like a good idea now... until the "accident" happens. lol


edit: nvm re-read your post... thought you meant actually creating zombies so people can just kill lmao
Yea, that would be all bad. "When creating zombies goes wrong" haha
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 09:30 PM   #96
mikeith
Lieutenant
mikeith's Avatar
11
Rep
450
Posts

Drives: 07 E90 335i. TiAG
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: lubbock, tx

iTrader: (0)

although alot of us dream that the "end" will be a zombie apocalypse here's 7 solid reasons that is would never happen
http://www.cracked.com/article_18683...l-quickly.html
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 09:49 PM   #97
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
pimp4cheddar's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
1,803
Posts

Drives: Mojave E92
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Florida

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
Was waiting for this..

I'll take a thundergun any day..
The Ray Gun is solid up to level 25-26.


After that you start to run low on ammo and you're forced to hit the mystery box...to trade it out in hopes of getting it again.


^^^This same concept holds true in our lives right now!! If zombies came right now...all this talk of first ad kits and handguns wouldnt save shit.

Unless you have a Thundergun or Ray Gun...it's lights out...
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 10:15 PM   #98
Bumer
Comrade Vlad
Bumer's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
212
Posts

Drives: 1999 M3, 2006 325i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Connecticut

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1999 BMW M3  [4.50]
2006 BMW 325i  [5.00]





__________________
1999 E36 ///M3 Convertible MT Silver / Silver (99.99% stock)
2006 E90 325i
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 10:51 PM   #99
e90fun
('''\(;,,,;)/''')
e90fun's Avatar
37
Rep
1,682
Posts

Drives: AW 335i e90
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Diego, CA / Santa Rosa, CA

iTrader: (14)

I would try my best to get to africa and live around in the plains.

Africa, in the midst of a zombie apocolypse would be the best place to live ironically..

all those elephants and wild animals such as tigers, lions, hyenna will eat the zombies all day.
__________________
Stock 08` Alpine White E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 10:53 PM   #100
e90fun
('''\(;,,,;)/''')
e90fun's Avatar
37
Rep
1,682
Posts

Drives: AW 335i e90
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Diego, CA / Santa Rosa, CA

iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeith View Post
although alot of us dream that the "end" will be a zombie apocalypse here's 7 solid reasons that is would never happen
http://www.cracked.com/article_18683...l-quickly.html
interesting read.

funny how they say it wont happen cuz my animals eating them
__________________
Stock 08` Alpine White E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 09:37 AM   #101
g_rant
Lieutenant Colonel
g_rant's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
1,596
Posts

Drives: Arctic325, NAMX5
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (2)

E90post fortress with all of us and our ideas inside it. /thread.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2011, 10:14 PM   #102
donovan
Brigadier General
donovan's Avatar
Germany
79
Rep
3,603
Posts

Drives: E92 m3 AW, light package
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: le' Murica

iTrader: (13)

shot guns
frosty flakes
__________________


e46 m3 Black
Too many mods
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 03:11 AM   #103
OOO
Second Lieutenant
OOO's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
292
Posts

Drives: in the slow lane
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (4)

Here you go people, interactive movie. What would you do during a zombie outbreak?

http://www.survivetheoutbreak.com/
__________________
E92 BMW M3|Space Gray|DCT|Performance Splitters|Carbon Fiber Mirrors|Performance Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 07:21 AM   #104
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
BrokenVert's Avatar
United_States
164
Rep
10,235
Posts

Drives: Topless 135/Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen/NY

iTrader: (0)

^that was kinda lame and stupid....
__________________

Motorsport Photographer - mattkalish.com
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 03:59 PM   #105
JoosyJoos
Major
JoosyJoos's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
1,299
Posts

Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I'd create a teather over the grand canyon and suspended a tree-house like structure. And make as much noise as possible so I could watch zombies plunge to their death while I feast on Doritos for days. I'd also have a very long fishing reel and a bucket with rope. K I'm good to go.
__________________

2011 335d - DD
1998 M3 Vert - For Sale
1995 M3 Track Car
2008 335i - Retired
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2011, 05:22 PM   #106
WWONG
Banned
United_States
41
Rep
1,832
Posts

Drives: 2012 BMW X5 xDrive35d
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (14)

If Zombies are already dead, why do they need to eat your brains? I mean, it's not like they could die anymore if they don't eat.

POOR PREMISE = OP'S FAULT

I HATE YOU
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 11:11 AM   #107
AU335i
Captain
AU335i's Avatar
18
Rep
886
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i E92
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Auburn, AL

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90fun View Post
I would try my best to get to africa and live around in the plains.

Africa, in the midst of a zombie apocolypse would be the best place to live ironically..

all those elephants and wild animals such as tigers, lions, hyenna will eat the zombies all day.
wouldn't they contract the virus? (zombie dogs in Resident Evil)

i think i'd be more scared of a zombie'd out lion than anything... or gorilla... or manbearpigg eeek... lol
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 11:59 AM   #108
FwdFtl
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
103
Rep
266
Posts

Drives: E60
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoosyJoos View Post
I'd create a teather over the grand canyon and suspended a tree-house like structure. And make as much noise as possible so I could watch zombies plunge to their death while I feast on Doritos for days. I'd also have a very long fishing reel and a bucket with rope. K I'm good to go.
Until a rage zombie lands on your tree house and you choke on a dorito
But, I like your idea


Quote:
Originally Posted by WWONG View Post
If Zombies are already dead, why do they need to eat your brains? I mean, it's not like they could die anymore if they don't eat.

POOR PREMISE = OP'S FAULT

I HATE YOU
Because braindead.

I'm sensing your infected.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AU335i View Post
wouldn't they contract the virus? (zombie dogs in Resident Evil)

i think i'd be more scared of a zombie'd out lion than anything... or gorilla... or manbearpigg eeek... lol
Zombie gorilla would probably be the worst zombie ever.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 01:43 PM   #109
Litos
Banned
United_States
68
Rep
2,901
Posts

Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
Zombie gorilla would probably be the worst zombie ever.
never rule out Zombie Velociraptor.......

think about it.............
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 01:52 PM   #110
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
Gavin@MMW's Avatar
United_States
123
Rep
3,880
Posts

Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 818/805

iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90fun View Post
I would try my best to get to africa and live around in the plains.

Africa, in the midst of a zombie apocolypse would be the best place to live ironically..

all those elephants and wild animals such as tigers, lions, hyenna will eat the zombies all day.
So.. Let me get this right, you want to go to Africa, and be protected by savage animals that are feeding on the Undead?

So when that pride of lions who has been eating infected meat comes after you, because they are now infected - WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO DO NOW?

The last thing I EVER want to see is a flock of Rage infested Baboons, or a Cheetah? 70mph and never gets tired... no thanks
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:20 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST