BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Lux Angel Eyes

02-05-2016, 06:31 PM   #1
Striker73
Enlisted Member
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: LSB E92 M3

RPI vs MRF

Currently I have got a test pipe and secondary cat delete on my car. Thinking about putting a full exhaust system on my car and I am stuck between those two and couldn't find a comparison thread.

I was leaning more towards the MRF exhaust since I was reading about Malek's car with its performance gains but a friend recommended the RPI exhaust and says that the performance gains are awesome and he loves everything about it.

Those are the only 2 exhaust that I would consider and would like to have both without any cats, so, emissions is not an issue here.

I am currently punching out 371whp and would LOVE to get that 400whp which would make a super happy man!!

Would appreciate anyone chiming in about those 2 exhaust and maybe share some power gains and daily drivability etc..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 03:53 AM   #2
WickedE93
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: White E93 M3

MRF does not produce a catless X-pipe anymore and they are super hard to come by, basically they are known as the unicorn of x-pipe's
Gintani Supercharger/ Custom catless x-pipe/ Challenge rear muffler section powder coated black/ Alpine DCT Tune & Coding/ Republic Werkz modded headlights and tail lights/ Gloss black cosmetics, hood vents, and mirror caps/ Piano Black interior trim, Roof painted black by Ranz Motorsports/ Velos Designwerkz Solo V's/ KW V3's/ MRF Solid sub-frame bushings W/ Delrin Diff bushings/ Duke Dynamics CSL Trunk/ Euro bumper/ Full Dinmann aero kit.
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2016, 09:05 AM   #3
Striker73
Enlisted Member
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: LSB E92 M3

Thanks wicked!

I guess it's RPI then!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 01:00 PM   #4
WickedE93
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker73 View Post
Thanks wicked!

I guess it's RPI then!
You're very welcome! btw the closest x-pipe to MRF would be the Gintani X-pipe, it also had the x cross sections moved up and is said to be the reason why these x-pipes make more power than others. RPI is super high quality as well so you can't really good wrong
Gintani Supercharger/ Custom catless x-pipe/ Challenge rear muffler section powder coated black/ Alpine DCT Tune & Coding/ Republic Werkz modded headlights and tail lights/ Gloss black cosmetics, hood vents, and mirror caps/ Piano Black interior trim, Roof painted black by Ranz Motorsports/ Velos Designwerkz Solo V's/ KW V3's/ MRF Solid sub-frame bushings W/ Delrin Diff bushings/ Duke Dynamics CSL Trunk/ Euro bumper/ Full Dinmann aero kit.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 01:52 PM   #5
Lone Star M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

ESS Tuning has the x section moved forward as well. I have a quad resonated ESS xpipe for sale if any body is interested. I will only ship to the lower 48.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2016, 01:42 AM   #6
WickedE93
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star M3 View Post
ESS Tuning has the x section moved forward as well. I have a quad resonated ESS xpipe for sale if any body is interested. I will only ship to the lower 48.
That's true forgot ESS came out with an x-pipe
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2016, 03:30 AM   #7
whats77inaname
Native Texan
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker73 View Post
Thanks wicked!

I guess it's RPI then!
You might want to reach out to Malek before making a purchase.
Appreciate 0