BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Strasse Wheels

01-02-2015, 11:11 PM   #1
2jzinsider
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

e92 2011 m3 with evolve stage 2 smells like burningoil?

Hello everyone pretty new to the m3 world. I have a e92 dtc m3 with the evolve stage 2 tune for about a year.

Mods:
-stage 2 cat less tune 91octane "with exhaust overun option"
-fully cat less Borla x-pipe with 4 resinators attached to the stock mufflers
-Dinan pulley
-Bms drop in filter

I never got a chance to hear the exhaust over pop noise since I installed the tune.. Told evolve about it and they sent me new tune and said they added more fuel? still didn't work finally told me that my exhaust setup is too quiet? Okay I just left that tune in the car and lived without hearing the pop noise as I but never really cared too much for it because the tune made the car a lot more fun and faster Evolve guys if you can help me with getting it to work that would be great.

When I have buddys chasing behind me at high revs they said my car stickks like a lawn mower!!! lol

Here the question:
The car smells like burning oil "like a turbo honda b series burning oil smell" when on wot or high rev/full throttle and some smoke from muffler. Just wondering if that is normal? its been like that since the tune and x pipe was installed about a year now. I owned a good amount modded turbo project cars so i know its normal for anything catless to smell like race car fumes but is oil smell normal? maybe its a mix of oil and fumes? not sure

Recently started noticing the car not pulling as hard and a lot more smoke on start up/idle in the morning. Its goes away when fully warmed up sometimes here and there I see smoke still at stoplights even when fully warm up.

Any inputs? do you guys think I have something wrong with my engine or maybe a simple spark plug change will help? or how about a Catch can install ? or anything lol thanks

Had the tune/mod for 20k miles and bmw changed spark plugs right before
I installed the mods and tune to begin with. Car just hit 50k miles please let me know what you guys think. thanks

Also just to put it out there...I have a heavy foot and I drive the car hard and hit 8krpms when ever I get a chance lol smh

Last edited by 2jzinsider; 01-02-2015 at 11:16 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 01:38 AM   #2
SuckaGDog
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M

I had the throttle burble feature on the Evolve tune on my M5 for about four miles or so to test it out. I could see the excess fumes on throttle lift off from the extra fuel being dumped for the feature (I am catless also). It was fun for the time being while testing out but I switched immediately back to my regular tune (no throttle burble feature).

I sent my oil out shortly after for my yearly interval and Blackstone found small traces of fuel in my oil and I've never had fuel at all in any of five samples from before.

I would go back to your regular stage two tune and see if the issue continues and go from there.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 07:43 PM   #3
2jzinsider
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaGDog View Post
I had the throttle burble feature on the Evolve tune on my M5 for about four miles or so to test it out. I could see the excess fumes on throttle lift off from the extra fuel being dumped for the feature (I am catless also). It was fun for the time being while testing out but I switched immediately back to my regular tune (no throttle burble feature).

I sent my oil out shortly after for my yearly interval and Blackstone found small traces of fuel in my oil and I've never had fuel at all in any of five samples from before.

I would go back to your regular stage two tune and see if the issue continues and go from there.

My original tune also had burble just it did not work so they sent me a new tune and said they added more fuel or something like that and that is the tune I'm using/been using right now. Ill ask them if i can get my stage 2 tune without the exhaust overun burble since it never worked to begin with.

Anyone here know how to get a hold of them via phone? I think was dealing with Imran but it seems I can never catch them through phone.

thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 07:54 PM   #4
urBan_dK
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Garage List
They are on holiday until tomorrow. I'm not happy because I've been locked out of the Evolve-R software and unable to load a tune because of it.
2005 Honda S2000 in Suzuka Blue *SOLD*
Appreciate 0