BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-26-2011, 04:47 PM   #23
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
 
M3Bahn's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
That may be so. However, no one (including you) can argue that if he had left, he would not be injured.
Being critically injured with a skull fracture for not leaving a protest is a bit excessive.
__________________
The journey is the reward.
M3Bahn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 05:08 PM   #24
Kroy
Brigadier General
 
Kroy's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 3,035
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
it is safer
i drove through Oakland once...what a cesspool
i wanted to take a drive through ghettos of oakland when i visited up there with a buddy. he kept saying how bad it was in some areas when you get to the 70's and 80's. naturally i wanted to check it out cause i don't think i've ever seen anything really bad. he literally refused to drive us through there. so no ghetto safari for me.

still think he was being a puss about it
Kroy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #25
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
 
Gavin@MMW's Avatar
 
Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 818/805

Posts: 3,880
iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
i wanted to take a drive through ghettos of oakland when i visited up there with a buddy. he kept saying how bad it was in some areas when you get to the 70's and 80's. naturally i wanted to check it out cause i don't think i've ever seen anything really bad. he literally refused to drive us through there. so no ghetto safari for me.

still think he was being a puss about it
ehh... I have family up there, and in some places it is wise to not go, especially in a nice BMW.. your just asking to be shot at.
Gavin@MMW is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 06:04 PM   #26
Kroy
Brigadier General
 
Kroy's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 3,035
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin@MMW View Post
ehh... I have family up there, and in some places it is wise to not go, especially in a nice BMW.. your just asking to be shot at.
pssssh, i'll believe it when i see it

my friend's mom once got stranded out in those parts. sat in her car for an hour waiting for a ride and nothing happened to her (white woman). so fast forward to the next day, the car was where they left it, but stripped. not sure if she was driving a nice car.
Kroy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 08:04 PM   #27
mact3333
Captain
 
mact3333's Avatar
 
Drives: 11' Audi S4
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific NW

Posts: 781
iTrader: (1)

wouldnt it be just farkin hilarious if we found out later that the protesters were not that stupid after all?...nah, that couldnt be....

I mean who cant concisely and accurately state in 1 sentence on national tv what is wrong with our society...farkin retards!
mact3333 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 08:06 PM   #28
Blake
Banned
 
Drives: Chevy Aveo
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parent's Basement

Posts: 4,651
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
I mean who cant concisely and accurately state in 1 sentence on national tv what is wrong with our society...farkin retards!
i can: i hate everything.
Blake is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2011, 01:09 AM   #29
335i101
Lieutenant
 
335i101's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe-sold
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: ND

Posts: 532
iTrader: (2)

Hopefully the fools will stop loitering. They don't even know why they are there. There has been numerous report of sexual assaults, disturbances etc....

And the left say the that the tea-party was bad.....
__________________
M3 Ashtray, M3 Windshield Wash Fluid, M3 Seatbelt buckle...have I impressed you yet.....and all these modds are from the 2017 model M3....
335i101 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #30
Kroy
Brigadier General
 
Kroy's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 3,035
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
i can: i hate everything.
is that you BTM???
Kroy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2011, 12:05 PM   #31
Bobby Pynes
Second Lieutenant
 
Bobby Pynes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 G37S Loaded
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 288
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
pssssh, i'll believe it when i see it

my friend's mom once got stranded out in those parts. sat in her car for an hour waiting for a ride and nothing happened to her (white woman). so fast forward to the next day, the car was where they left it, but stripped. not sure if she was driving a nice car.
I've been in the ghetto's of oakland on accident, no problems, granted it was during the day. But I can honestly say, the ghetto's of oakland dont have shit on the ghettos of LA, Certain parts of South LA isnt something you fuck with. They will kill a cop there like they buy milk..

Last edited by Bobby Pynes; 10-27-2011 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Edited to remove specific neighborhoods
Bobby Pynes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #32
FwdFtl
Volcano Knuckles
 
Drives: E60
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali

Posts: 255
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpsf83 View Post
I've been in the ghetto's of oakland on accident, no problems, granted it was during the day. But I can honestly say, the ghetto's of oakland dont have shit on the ghettos of LA, Compton isnt something you fuck with. They will kill a cop there like they buy milk..
Actually you got it backwards. Have you lived in either city? know anyone from either city? My ex-gf lived in Compton off of Burris and California ave. I've never witnessed much crime or violence in CPT more than any other comparable city. Now, Oakland is the home of the "sideshow" where shit gets real...fast.

I only spoke on this because experience.
FwdFtl is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2011, 12:42 PM   #33
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
 
M3Bahn's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

__________________
The journey is the reward.
M3Bahn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2011, 02:50 PM   #34
Bobby Pynes
Second Lieutenant
 
Bobby Pynes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 G37S Loaded
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 288
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
Actually you got it backwards. Have you lived in either city? know anyone from either city? My ex-gf lived in Compton off of Burris and California ave. I've never witnessed much crime or violence in CPT more than any other comparable city. Now, Oakland is the home of the "sideshow" where shit gets real...fast.

I only spoke on this because experience.
I live in San Francisco, Ive driven through parts of south LA, A friend of mine from college is on the LAPD (Gang Task Force or something like that, its been awhile since weve spoke) from what he tells me its insane in certain parts of the ghettos, especially the mexican sections (He is Mexican, so no racist bullshit). Perhaps I got the neghborhoods wrong (quite probable), but he transferred from Major Crime in Oakland down to LA, and he says he has never seen such brutality as he does now that he is down in LA.

Myself? Personally? I've never lived in either, im from an upper middle class family, I live in a pretty nice neighborhood now, and know full well I couldnt live either place without either getting shot, or something to that effect. Just adding in my .02 from what im told.
Bobby Pynes is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2011, 06:25 PM   #35
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
 
Gavin@MMW's Avatar
 
Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 818/805

Posts: 3,880
iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
pssssh, i'll believe it when i see it

my friend's mom once got stranded out in those parts. sat in her car for an hour waiting for a ride and nothing happened to her (white woman). so fast forward to the next day, the car was where they left it, but stripped. not sure if she was driving a nice car.
My cousins boyfriend was shot and killed in oakland on her front stoop, because he looked like someone else, who stepped out of line.

and yes LA is just as bad, CPT is not too horrible but get over to Watts or Inglewood and then you will see some stuff

(Born and raised in LAC, Lived all over )
Gavin@MMW is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #36
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

Posts: 1,818
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Typical BS headline used to grab attention.

Him being attacked by the cops, while debatable on it's own, had nothing to do with him being a vet...
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2011, 03:47 PM   #37
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
 
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 4,765
iTrader: (0)

Don't care
__________________
Stop putting stuff like painted reflectors and premium package in your signature. You're embarrassing.
TK-421 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST