BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
VF-Engineering
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-06-2007, 07:47 PM   #1
m_bazeepaymon
Major
24
Rep
1,076
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to m_bazeepaymon
interlagos blue or no interlagos blue... hmmm

Bimmerfest 2007 was a great turn up and I saw a bunch of E46 M3's and I couldnt help studying interlagos blue when I saw 3 E46 M3's...
I noticed a hint of purple to it when it is in the sunshine...

Does anybody know what paints are mixed together to get interlagos blue and What is your feed back on this color for the E92 M3
i was stuck inbetween Alpine white and interlagos

__________________


ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 01:57 AM   #2
cncmastr
Captain
cncmastr's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
704
Posts

Drives: E30 318is, E46 M3
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toms River, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2005 BMW 330Ci  [0.00]
2007 M Coupe  [0.00]
2004 BMW 330Ci  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to cncmastr
there is some red in the paint thats why under some lights the paint appears purple. It's an awesome color!
__________________
2006 Interlagos Blue BMW ///M3 | ZCP | Xenon | Nav | Premium | M Texture Alcantara
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 02:20 AM   #3
m_bazeepaymon
Major
24
Rep
1,076
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to m_bazeepaymon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncmastr View Post
there is some red in the paint thats why under some lights the paint appears purple. It's an awesome color!
where can i find the mixture percentage?
__________________


ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 02:36 AM   #4
cupspeed
Second Lieutenant
6
Rep
277
Posts

Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Interlagos is one of the nicest colors that I have seen on the E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 09:02 AM   #5
Romo
Captain
Romo's Avatar
Netherlands
42
Rep
983
Posts

Drives: 1M, HP4 Comp, Cayman GTS
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupspeed View Post
Interlagos is one of the nicest colors that I have seen on the E46 M3

+1, but on the E92 M3 it`s a whole different story, not the best choice IMO
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 10:30 AM   #6
paulyd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
278
Posts

Drives: 2009 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to paulyd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo View Post
+1, but on the E92 M3 it`s a whole different story, not the best choice IMO
I think I agree, looks pimp on the e46, but like a blueberry on the e92.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 12:24 PM   #7
m_bazeepaymon
Major
24
Rep
1,076
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to m_bazeepaymon
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown08 View Post
I think I agree, looks pimp on the e46, but like a blueberry on the e92.
i loved it on the M Coupe also lol
__________________


ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 12:44 PM   #8
EBuyuk
Private
EBuyuk's Avatar
4
Rep
95
Posts

Drives: E60 M5
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Istanbul

iTrader: (0)

I think if you are getting the carbon fiber roof, you should choose a lighter color so that the carbon fiber can be seen from a little distance IMO. That's why I will get white.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 12:56 PM   #9
Steved
Lieutenant
Steved's Avatar
United Kingdom
27
Rep
502
Posts

Drives: M3 CSL, AMG ML63, B7 RS4 Avant
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Interlagos Blue is a great colour. I thought long and hard before choosing it for my Z4MC and have never regretted it. One of my other cars was in Le Mans Blue (which is one of the best colours BMW have ever had mixed) and Interlagos is on a par. When the light is low it looks like a very deep blue with a hint of purple, when the light is bright it looks virtually identical to Le Mans Blue.

It always looks very classy and interesting and I have lost count of the number of people that have approached me and complimented the colour of my paint. It will look awesome with the black CF roof, the black will bring out the purple/red hint in the paint. Some blues look a little washed out when combined with black, but not Interlagos.

If you have the time, take a look at an M6 in Interlagos and you will see what I mean.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 01:23 PM   #10
MI6
The World is Not Enough
MI6's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
1,082
Posts

Drives: Aston DBS-R
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Skyfall

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steved View Post
Interlagos Blue is a great colour. I thought long and hard before choosing it for my Z4MC and have never regretted it. One of my other cars was in Le Mans Blue (which is one of the best colours BMW have ever had mixed) and Interlagos is on a par. When the light is low it looks like a very deep blue with a hint of purple, when the light is bright it looks virtually identical to Le Mans Blue.

It always looks very classy and interesting and I have lost count of the number of people that have approached me and complimented the colour of my paint. It will look awesome with the black CF roof, the black will bring out the purple/red hint in the paint. Some blues look a little washed out when combined with black, but not Interlagos.

If you have the time, take a look at an M6 in Interlagos and you will see what I mean.
+1

Ilagos is awsome........white is too plain for this car.......... If you look at the White E92 in the Flesh post you'll see what I mean...
I've seen several M6's in Ilagos and it is stunning.........Just my 2 cents..
No flames from AW lovers please..........! lol...
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 01:28 PM   #11
Steved
Lieutenant
Steved's Avatar
United Kingdom
27
Rep
502
Posts

Drives: M3 CSL, AMG ML63, B7 RS4 Avant
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

A journalist friend of mine saw one at the Nurburgring the other week and this is what he said:

"...stumbled across a white M3 Coupe test car parked under the Dorint last weekend. Badges were taped over - doh, like that's going to fool anyone! - but it was otherwise naked. It was a stick-shift manual. Brakes still look pretty ordinary, which I find astonishing. Overall the car looked good, but not quite as obviously 'pumped' as the E46 somehow. Perhaps it was the dingy confines of the car park. We'll know soon enough I guess"
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 01:32 PM   #12
m_bazeepaymon
Major
24
Rep
1,076
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to m_bazeepaymon
thanks a lot guys i really appreciate it
__________________


ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 01:51 PM   #13
Epacy
Reincarnated
Epacy's Avatar
94
Rep
4,227
Posts

Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steved View Post
Interlagos Blue is a great colour. I thought long and hard before choosing it for my Z4MC and have never regretted it. One of my other cars was in Le Mans Blue (which is one of the best colours BMW have ever had mixed) and Interlagos is on a par. When the light is low it looks like a very deep blue with a hint of purple, when the light is bright it looks virtually identical to Le Mans Blue.

It always looks very classy and interesting and I have lost count of the number of people that have approached me and complimented the colour of my paint. It will look awesome with the black CF roof, the black will bring out the purple/red hint in the paint. Some blues look a little washed out when combined with black, but not Interlagos.

If you have the time, take a look at an M6 in Interlagos and you will see what I mean.
A friend of mine recently bought an Interlagos M6 and I was so happy he did. This way I can see the color on a car before I spec it out. Been kinda on the fence between IB and Sparkling Graphite. From the BMW simulator, those are the two I am thinking about. Just can't wait to see that M6 in IB!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 02:23 PM   #14
m_bazeepaymon
Major
24
Rep
1,076
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to m_bazeepaymon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
A friend of mine recently bought an Interlagos M6 and I was so happy he did. This way I can see the color on a car before I spec it out. Been kinda on the fence between IB and Sparkling Graphite. From the BMW simulator, those are the two I am thinking about. Just can't wait to see that M6 in IB!
keep me updated on that lol
__________________


ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 03:15 PM   #15
DonM3
Captain
United Kingdom
6
Rep
629
Posts

Drives: AW e92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

If I lived in the states, AW would be the colour to get.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 03:34 PM   #16
m_bazeepaymon
Major
24
Rep
1,076
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to m_bazeepaymon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonM3 View Post
If I lived in the states, AW would be the colour to get.
why in the states and not in London lol
__________________


ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 03:53 PM   #17
DonM3
Captain
United Kingdom
6
Rep
629
Posts

Drives: AW e92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Its not a very popular colour over here in the UK, therefore it will affect the resale value, I think. The contrast with the CF roof is phat and with fox red leathers the car will be awesome.


Quote:
Originally Posted by m_bazeepaymon View Post
why in the states and not in London lol
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 04:02 PM   #18
Epacy
Reincarnated
Epacy's Avatar
94
Rep
4,227
Posts

Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_bazeepaymon View Post
keep me updated on that lol
I suppose I could take my camera, post some pics here if people want shots in the light and in the shade. Let me know if anyone wants me to take some pics....
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 05:17 PM   #19
Steved
Lieutenant
Steved's Avatar
United Kingdom
27
Rep
502
Posts

Drives: M3 CSL, AMG ML63, B7 RS4 Avant
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Interlagos is 'very' hard to photograph accurately, in fact nigh on impossible actually. Here are a few of my Z4MC that you may have seen before.







Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 05:56 PM   #20
m_bazeepaymon
Major
24
Rep
1,076
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to m_bazeepaymon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steved View Post
Interlagos is 'very' hard to photograph accurately, in fact nigh on impossible actually. Here are a few of my Z4MC that you may have seen before.








in that second picture you practically had it
I saw the blend
__________________


ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 05:57 PM   #21
m_bazeepaymon
Major
24
Rep
1,076
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to m_bazeepaymon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
I suppose I could take my camera, post some pics here if people want shots in the light and in the shade. Let me know if anyone wants me to take some pics....
me!
__________________


ZzZzZ'er
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2007, 07:28 PM   #22
Hans Delbruck
BMW & MB - friends in my garage
Hans Delbruck's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
1,285
Posts

Drives: C63, 135i, 1959 BUICK
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Here's a link to my album with tons of pics of my Interlagos Blue Z4MC

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m83/HansDelbruck/M%20Coupe/

Not a very easy color to take care of IMO.... think black, only lighter.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:28 AM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST