BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-23-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dagolfpro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,838
iTrader: (8)

M3 Floor Mats

I thought I had read somewhere that BMW if finally including factory floor mats on all sales of M3. Is this true on all new car sales or only on 2012 (Picking up 2011 E90 on Tuesday)? I tried searching on this forum and google it and couldn't find anything.
dagolfpro is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2011, 11:54 AM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 11,036
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
I thought I had read somewhere that BMW if finally including factory floor mats on all sales of M3. Is this true on all new car sales or only on 2012 (Picking up 2011 E90 on Tuesday)? I tried searching on this forum and google it and couldn't find anything.
Only MY2012; it is in the sticky at the top of this page.
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: September 2011 ED
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #3
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dagolfpro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,838
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Only MY2012; it is in the sticky at the top of this page.
Technic, Thanks for the info. I did a search for floor mats in search for the entire bimmorforum and it mostly showed FS stuff.

Admin, please lock or close thread.
dagolfpro is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2011, 12:29 PM   #4
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 11,036
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
Technic, Thanks for the info. I did a search for floor mats in search for the entire bimmorforum and it mostly showed FS stuff.

Admin, please lock or close thread.
Ask politely for the mats to your dealer... there is a 96.87% chance that they will give them to you for free. The other 3.13% are mofos.
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: September 2011 ED
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2011, 12:32 PM   #5
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dagolfpro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,838
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Ask politely for the mats to your dealer... there is a 96.87% chance that they will give them to you for free. The other 3.13% are mofos.
I already asked, the Dealer is in the 3.13%. This is why I posted this thread. I thought I read somewhere they were included. He said they were not and wanted me to pay $149 for them. I would prefer to have the rubber mats as it rains for 4-5 months out the year here in Nor Cal.
dagolfpro is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #6
eisenb11
Major
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 SSII
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Redondo Beach, CA, USA

Posts: 1,122
iTrader: (0)

It's hard to imagine a dealer not throwing in floor mats on such a bug purchase. My dealer includes them with every model regardless of what BMW NA does.
eisenb11 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2011, 09:24 PM   #7
doc19
Second Lieutenant
 
doc19's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 e90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Maryland

Posts: 220
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
I already asked, the Dealer is in the 3.13%. This is why I posted this thread. I thought I read somewhere they were included. He said they were not and wanted me to pay $149 for them. I would prefer to have the rubber mats as it rains for 4-5 months out the year here in Nor Cal.
Picked up my e90 last Friday - noticed there were no floor mats and I turned to my CA who was sitting next to me and asked "Did I, or did you guys, forget the floor mats?" He ended up grabbing regular bmw e90 mats and giving them to me free of charge.

According to my CA they stopped making m3 specific mats for the e90, but this is also the guy that told me the power button gives me 100 more horsepower, so take that for whatever its worth.

Personally I actually like the BMW floor mats - does anybody have pictures of the m specific mats?
doc19 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2011, 09:33 PM   #8
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

Posts: 12,256
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
I already asked, the Dealer is in the 3.13%. This is why I posted this thread. I thought I read somewhere they were included. He said they were not and wanted me to pay $149 for them. I would prefer to have the rubber mats as it rains for 4-5 months out the year here in Nor Cal.
that sucks i bought my car used and got a new set from the dealer.
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
1MOREMOD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 06:52 AM   #9
robb7979
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 e90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: TX

Posts: 265
iTrader: (0)

I just picked up my E90 on Saturday. I got the M mats free. Will take a pic for you later, once the sun is up.
robb7979 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 06:34 PM   #10
Bimmer Freeeek!
Live Fast. Die Young.
 
Bimmer Freeeek!'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 ///M3
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sunshine State

Posts: 189
iTrader: (0)

For those that have already picked up their MY2012, can you comment on the floor mats that are now standard on the car? Are they M floor mats or just plain solid color floormats that match your interior selection?
Bimmer Freeeek! is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 06:59 PM   #11
doc19
Second Lieutenant
 
doc19's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 e90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Maryland

Posts: 220
iTrader: (0)

Not sure that anyone with a MY 2012 have seen their cars yet... last word is that they will all be released 10/28 I believe.
doc19 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-24-2011, 07:26 PM   #12
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 11,036
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Freeeek! View Post
For those that have already picked up their MY2012, can you comment on the floor mats that are now standard on the car? Are they M floor mats or just plain solid color floormats that match your interior selection?
I received the standard black mats at ED; I will request the M3 floor mats to my dealer once my car is stateside.
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: September 2011 ED
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-25-2011, 10:40 PM   #13
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dagolfpro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,838
iTrader: (8)

The Sales Manager wasn't there today when I picked up the car. He told my CA, NO FLOOR MATS. I had to shell out $130 for them. Not happy about it but then again, $600 over invoice is a great deal on a E90 M3. So, I'm not complaining too much.
dagolfpro is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 01:13 AM   #14
Silvertige
Lieutenant
 
Silvertige's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.75 e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Carlsbad, CA

Posts: 432
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1988 BMW 535i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
The Sales Manager wasn't there today when I picked up the car. He told my CA, NO FLOOR MATS. I had to shell out $130 for them. Not happy about it but then again, $600 over invoice is a great deal on a E90 M3. So, I'm not complaining too much.
I bought mine at Encinitas BMW. M3 specific floor mats were included at no charge on my 2011 e92. I'm really surprised they pulled that stunt on you.

It may be that they assume you're not from the area and unlikely to buy from them again. You should still call your CA to voice a complaint. Mention that you may have to lower his Satisfaction rating. That may get the ball rolling.
__________________
Silvertige is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 06:35 AM   #15
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 11,036
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
The Sales Manager wasn't there today when I picked up the car. He told my CA, NO FLOOR MATS. I had to shell out $130 for them. Not happy about it but then again, $600 over invoice is a great deal on a E90 M3. So, I'm not complaining too much.
Perhaps that was the reason of the nickel and dime afterwards... my price was $500 over invoice but my lease aquisition fee was increased $200.

So at the end of the day I can say that my "free" mats cost me $70 more than yours.
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: September 2011 ED
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 08:01 AM   #16
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,094
iTrader: (44)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Can't even believe that this is not just a standard item on a car like this. We're not talking about a Civic here.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 08:52 AM   #17
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dagolfpro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,838
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Perhaps that was the reason of the nickel and dime afterwards... my price was $500 over invoice but my lease aquisition fee was increased $200.

So at the end of the day I can say that my "free" mats cost me $70 more than yours.
Actually, they charged me $925 on that as well, so $200 more. $930 over invoice was my total. So $225 more then you?
dagolfpro is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 09:16 AM   #18
checkmate
Major
 
checkmate's Avatar
 
Drives: AW M3 E90
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bel Air, MD

Posts: 1,312
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Perhaps that was the reason of the nickel and dime afterwards... my price was $500 over invoice but my lease aquisition fee was increased $200.

So at the end of the day I can say that my "free" mats cost me $70 more than yours.
I got my E90 M3 at invoice yet the SA threw in the M3 floor mats for free.
__________________
2011 Alpine White/Fox Red E90 M3. Sunroof Delete/DCT/No power seats/Square Apex ARC8s+ PSS /ACM Exhaust Mod+ EAS Tips

checkmate is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 10:16 AM   #19
Tim B.
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 Jet Black E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

Posts: 544
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenb11 View Post
It's hard to imagine a dealer not throwing in floor mats on such a bug purchase. My dealer includes them with every model regardless of what BMW NA does.
Exactly. On all 3 cars i've bought from my dealer they have given them to me without even asking. Jeez, what's $130 on a $70K purchase! They even give me a couple of keychains, oil, touch up paint, etc.
I did pay MSRP though, so i guess it all comes out in the wash
Tim B. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 10:19 AM   #20
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 11,036
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
Actually, they charged me $925 on that as well, so $200 more. $930 over invoice was my total. So $225 more then you?
Total was $500 + $200 ($925 fee instead of $725).
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: September 2011 ED
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2011, 10:21 AM   #21
Technic
Lieutenant General
 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, 2014 528i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 11,036
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
I got my E90 M3 at invoice yet the SA threw in the M3 floor mats for free.
Just to clarify... mine was ED invoice.
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: September 2011 ED
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Technic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST