BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

ESS Tuning

05-09-2007, 10:40 AM   #133
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
You relize you're slandering the President without any proof or cause whatsoever. People like you are the reason the Democratic party is held in such low regard in America today.
Actually, you realize it is people like you why the WHOLE WORLD holds such a low regard about America today...
Do you really need a proof that Bush lied, and indirectly murdered innocent...
I don't.
      05-09-2007, 11:06 AM   #134
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG View Post
dr325i, how do you know that ganeil is 35 years old?
I think he mentioned he was 34 some time ago...same age as I am...
      05-09-2007, 04:15 PM   #135
ganeil
Colonel

Drives: 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
I think he mentioned he was 34 some time ago...same age as I am...
You are wrong yet again.

I barely remember 34.

I am much older.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
ganeil is offline   United_States
      05-09-2007, 04:55 PM   #136
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Actually, you realize it is people like you why the WHOLE WORLD holds such a low regard about America today...
Do you really need a proof that Bush lied, and indirectly murdered innocent...
I don't.
Nah fuck it. Don't need any proof just the senseless ramblings of someone I've never met on a forum are proof enough for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
      05-09-2007, 05:24 PM   #137
bmw0perat0r
Lieutenant

Drives: 2014 328i xDrive Sport Line

Few of us can back up our opinions with sensible arguments. I think its best that everyone sticks to their opinions and acknowledge they are just that.

Just as FirstClass has said "...Don't need any proof...of someone i've never met on a forum...". We are voicing our opinions...I believe something, you believe something...we don't know one another, but yet are still entitled to think what we wish.

Time will tell what "should" or "shouldn't" have happend with Iraq and the war on terror. That I think everyone has to agree with.

In my own opinion - The administation is trying to do a good thing by freeing the people of Iraq from Sadam. The war on terror? Hey, i'm no expert...but it seems the majority of them are over there and not here, b/c of our forces being in Iraq? I don't know...I would guess yes. No matter how hard the US tries I do not think its possible to bring peace to the middle east, hatred and violence run very deep there. I don't think it can be done, but regardless I still support the troops and the administration.

The President still deserves our respect whether we disagree with him or not. If you don't like him you don't have to vote for him, no one is holding a gun to your head. If your fellow countrymen vote him into office...accept it and keep going. When Clinton was elected president I didn't rally some march against him, I didn't protest. Did I vote for him? no, but I still hold a respect for the office. Did I agree with everything he did, or didn't do - no...but that respect remains.

I'm ranting and i'm sorry. I do wish people would remember that respect for those in office is important, you may not have voted for them, but your fellow Americans did.
bmw0perat0r is offline   United_States
      05-09-2007, 05:51 PM   #138
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw0perat0r View Post
No matter how hard the US tries I do not think its possible to bring peace to the middle east, hatred and violence run very deep there.
Well said. Especially when we consider that there are cartoons telling children that suicide bombing is righteous and good. As long as Israel exists many elements of radical Islam will have a chip on their shoulder.

Quote:
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
      05-09-2007, 06:08 PM   #139
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw0perat0r View Post
Few of us can back up our opinions with sensible arguments. I think its best that everyone sticks to their opinions and acknowledge they are just that.

Just as FirstClass has said "...Don't need any proof...of someone i've never met on a forum...". We are voicing our opinions...I believe something, you believe something...we don't know one another, but yet are still entitled to think what we wish.

Time will tell what "should" or "shouldn't" have happend with Iraq and the war on terror. That I think everyone has to agree with.

In my own opinion - The administation is trying to do a good thing by freeing the people of Iraq from Sadam. The war on terror? Hey, i'm no expert...but it seems the majority of them are over there and not here, b/c of our forces being in Iraq? I don't know...I would guess yes. No matter how hard the US tries I do not think its possible to bring peace to the middle east, hatred and violence run very deep there. I don't think it can be done, but regardless I still support the troops and the administration.

The President still deserves our respect whether we disagree with him or not. If you don't like him you don't have to vote for him, no one is holding a gun to your head. If your fellow countrymen vote him into office...accept it and keep going. When Clinton was elected president I didn't rally some march against him, I didn't protest. Did I vote for him? no, but I still hold a respect for the office. Did I agree with everything he did, or didn't do - no...but that respect remains.

I'm ranting and i'm sorry. I do wish people would remember that respect for those in office is important, you may not have voted for them, but your fellow Americans did.
I agree with most you have said...except, of course the respect for Bush.
I disagree with that theory because we (as America) have not shown the respect for other elected officials and called them "the butcher of Baklans", or whatever we called SH. Both of them were...somehow...elected. Both of them "I am sure" did what they thought was the best for their country. In the end -- we killed them both. Also, they did, what we judged as horrible things against other people. Exactly what I judge Bush has done, as well as Clinton has done. Also, we called French nation and German nation disrespectful names during this administration rule, just because...they disagreed with us. Therefore, Bush deserves absolutely NO respect from me or anyone who disagrees with him.

"The time will tell if we're doing the right thing in Iraq" -- that is (again) very disrespectful and ignorant statement. It sounds like an experiment or a game to me. Who gives a fuck that thousands of innocent are killed (either by us or extremists trying to prove something), who gives a shit that the country is in ruins -- the time will tell -- I disagree.

However, since there is no plan, there is no vision of future with our military planners -- I guess only time will tell what is next...
      05-09-2007, 06:11 PM   #140
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Well said. Especially when we consider that there are cartoons telling children that suicide bombing is righteous and good. As long as Israel exists many elements of radical Islam will have a chip on their shoulder.
Actually, I see more "cartoons" about how the Muslims are bad than probably (they see) cartoons of how it is encouraged to blow Israelis up...
      05-09-2007, 06:12 PM   #141
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganeil View Post
You are wrong yet again.

I barely remember 34.

I am much older.
My apology!
Somehow, I thought you said mid 30's, early 40's maybe...
      05-09-2007, 06:17 PM   #142
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Quote:
Actually, I see more "cartoons" about how the Muslims are bad than probably (they see) cartoons of how it is encouraged to blow Israelis up...
Really? I mustn't be watching enough cartoons then. Could you link me a torrent of 1 or 2 as I'm genuinely curious about that? Also, note the bold, you're just guessing on that one.

Quote:
      05-09-2007, 06:19 PM   #143
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Really? I mustn't be watching enough cartoons then. Could you link me a torrent of 1 or 2 as I'm genuinely curious about that? Also, note the bold, you're just guessing on that one.
And you're not guessing???
Or you have been there and personally seen the "cartoons"???
      05-09-2007, 08:12 PM   #144
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
I agree with most you have said...except, of course the respect for Bush.
I disagree with that theory because we (as America) have not shown the respect for other elected officials and called them "the butcher of Baklans", or whatever we called SH. Both of them were...somehow...elected. Both of them "I am sure" did what they thought was the best for their country. In the end -- we killed them both. Also, they did, what we judged as horrible things against other people. Exactly what I judge Bush has done, as well as Clinton has done. Also, we called French nation and German nation disrespectful names during this administration rule, just because...they disagreed with us. Therefore, Bush deserves absolutely NO respect from me or anyone who disagrees with him.

"The time will tell if we're doing the right thing in Iraq" -- that is (again) very disrespectful and ignorant statement. It sounds like an experiment or a game to me. Who gives a fuck that thousands of innocent are killed (either by us or extremists trying to prove something), who gives a shit that the country is in ruins -- the time will tell -- I disagree.

However, since there is no plan, there is no vision of future with our military planners -- I guess only time will tell what is next...
What the hell is, "somehow...elected"?

Please give examples of the disrespectful names our leaders called France and Germany?

Germany and Japan were in ruins to a degree exponentially greater than Iraq is today. Are you saying they are not better off today than if their fascist, militarist governments were still in power?

You speak as though you know what it is like in Iraq today. You clearly do not.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      05-09-2007, 08:59 PM   #145
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Quote:
And you're not guessing???
Or you have been there and personally seen the "cartoons"???
Actually I have seen some.

Quote:
      05-09-2007, 09:35 PM   #146
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
What the hell is, "somehow...elected"?

Please give examples of the disrespectful names our leaders called France and Germany?

Germany and Japan were in ruins to a degree exponentially greater than Iraq is today. Are you saying they are not better off today than if their fascist, militarist governments were still in power?

You speak as though you know what it is like in Iraq today. You clearly do not.
"somehow" means justified or not...as we could argue about the 2000 elections.

If youtell me that Iraq is better today than it was in 2002, this will be my last post to you...

As for disrespectful names -- it is everywhere and French new PM clearly said that his goal is to repair relationships with the USA. A simple example would be renaming French Fries at Pentagon to "Freedom Fries"... I'll let you search for the rest...
      05-09-2007, 09:36 PM   #147
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Actually I have seen some.
Actually, my brother in law has the PS2 game that is 1000000000000 worse than this cartoon and promotes much worse shit. How about that?
      05-09-2007, 09:53 PM   #148
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
"somehow" means justified or not...as we could argue about the 2000 elections.

If youtell me that Iraq is better today than it was in 2002, this will be my last post to you...

As for disrespectful names -- it is everywhere and French new PM clearly said that his goal is to repair relationships with the USA. A simple example would be renaming French Fries at Pentagon to "Freedom Fries"... I'll let you search for the rest...
What is there to argue about the 2000 elections? The constitutional procedures and standards that afforded us 200+ years of peaceful transfers of power were properly applied and observed. The very idea that you would compare a fair and free US presidential elections to those in Saddam's Iraq is absurd.

Many parts of Iraq are better today than they were in 2002, Kurdistan for example, but that is not the point. Was Germany better off in 1944 than they were in 1937? Don't be so shortsighted. Is the US better today for having suffered the Civil War? You cannot tell the lasting effects, good or ill, from a conflict for many years after it is over.

Changing the name of a side dish is the only example you can come up with? Pathetic!

You would have much more credibility if you would refrain from making statements that you cannot substantiate.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      05-09-2007, 10:04 PM   #149
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Quote:
Actually, my brother in law has the PS2 game that is 1000000000000 worse than this cartoon and promotes much worse shit. How about that?
Which game?

Quote:
      05-09-2007, 10:11 PM   #150
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
What is there to argue about the 2000 elections? The constitutional procedures and standards that afforded us 200+ years of peaceful transfers of power were properly applied and observed. The very idea that you would compare a fair and free US presidential elections to those in Saddam's Iraq is absurd.

Many parts of Iraq are better today than they were in 2002, Kurdistan for example, but that is not the point. Was Germany better off in 1944 than they were in 1937? Don't be so shortsighted. Is the US better today for having suffered the Civil War? You cannot tell the lasting effects, good or ill, from a conflict for many years after it is over.

Changing the name of a side dish is the only example you can come up with? Pathetic!

You would have much more credibility if you would refrain from making statements that you cannot substantiate.

http://www.globalpolicy.org/security...7againstfr.htm

http://www.washingtontimes.com/natio...796r_page2.htm

http://www.heritage.org/Research/MiddleEast/wm217.cfm

First thing we did after the "Mission Accomplished" speach was to accuse french of arming SH and even supplying nuke ideas. And we all know that WE actually armed SH in the 80's...

So, don't be lazy and search yourself...

in 2000 elections Gore won the popular vote. OK, the electoral vote is the way to go, I agree. It will NEVER be proven what happened in FL. Some (me included) believe that K. Harris obviously fixed it as there was no way that Jeb's bro would loose FL... You can claim the other way, but it will never be proven, as not ewvery vote was ever properly counted...
      05-09-2007, 10:24 PM   #151
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
http://www.globalpolicy.org/security...7againstfr.htm

http://www.washingtontimes.com/natio...796r_page2.htm

http://www.heritage.org/Research/MiddleEast/wm217.cfm

First thing we did after the "Mission Accomplished" speach was to accuse french of arming SH and even supplying nuke ideas. And we all know that WE actually armed SH in the 80's...

So, don't be lazy and search yourself...

in 2000 elections Gore won the popular vote. OK, the electoral vote is the way to go, I agree. It will NEVER be proven what happened in FL. Some (me included) believe that K. Harris obviously fixed it as there was no way that Jeb's bro would loose FL... You can claim the other way, but it will never be proven, as not ewvery vote was ever properly counted...
OK, I read your links and fail to see where a US leader called a France and Germany a disrespectful name.

Your notions regarding our arming Iraq in the 80's and the 2000 election are nutty and not worthy of discussion.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i
      05-09-2007, 10:27 PM   #152
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:

Ah, if you're going to justify this whole Iraq mess with the example of Germany or Japan -- don't even go there. Mr. LSAT -- it does not mean if Germany turned out better after the WW2 that Iraq will too...
Also, your analogy actually leads to the idea that someone shoudl stop the USA in the cruisades now and maybe in 30 years we will be better off. Saddam did absolutely NOTHING bad to us, therefore, I see no connection between Hitler trying to concur the world and SH...

Another note would be that we spread negative propaganda about Communism and how it will never be prosperous and will only cause suffer to its people. Turns out, again, that it is so easy to program our people -- China is proving us very wrong and we will see in a few years the outcome of it...
      05-09-2007, 10:30 PM   #153
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
OK, I read your links and fail to see where a US leader called a France and Germany a disrespectful name.

Your notions regarding our arming Iraq in the 80's and the 2000 election are nutty and not worthy of discussion.
I know, everything that does not agree with your views is "nutty"...98% of the World's population is NUTTY!
      05-09-2007, 10:53 PM   #154
ganeil
Colonel

Quote:
Ah, if you're going to justify this whole Iraq mess with the example of Germany or Japan -- don't even go there. Mr. LSAT -- it does not mean if Germany turned out better after the WW2 that Iraq will too...
Also, your analogy actually leads to the idea that someone shoudl stop the USA in the cruisades now and maybe in 30 years we will be better off. Saddam did absolutely NOTHING bad to us, therefore, I see no connection between Hitler trying to concur the world and SH...

Another note would be that we spread negative propaganda about Communism and how it will never be prosperous and will only cause suffer to its people. Turns out, again, that it is so easy to program our people -- China is proving us very wrong and we will see in a few years the outcome of it...
What the analogy shows is it is not possible to judge the effects, good or ill, of an ongoing conflict. Germany and Japan were destroyed in a manner unimaginable in Iraq today but recovered to develop liberal, democratic governments despite no history of having such.

You're right, communism is just as capable of providing for people as capitalism. Just look at the per capita GDP for the Republic of China ($30,084) compared to the People's Republic of China ($7,598). The Republic of Korea ($23,926) to the People's Republic of Korea ($1,800). I think we should all adopt it.

1974 2002tii
1978 320i
2007 328i