BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-15-2011, 08:24 PM   #1
BMWftw
Private
 
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3 LMB
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 87
iTrader: (0)

After hours of research polling and feedback

Hey E90er's

About two weeks ago, I started posting/asking all sorts of noob questions about the M3, how to negotiate with dealers, what colors to get, whether I should wait for model change, get the 2011 one or the 2012 one etc etc.

Now I've finally came to a preliminary decision tell me what you think:

Canadian (I'm from Canada)
2011 BMW M3 Coupe: ZGE ZLQ BMW APPS, DCT
LeMans Blue metallic with Black Novillo Lether
ZGE- MDrive Package
- MDrive
- BMW On-Board Navigation
- Voice Control

ZLQ- Executive Package
- Power Fold Mirrors
- Universal Garage Door Opener
- Electric Rear Sunshade
-Adjustable Seat width w/ Lumbar Support
-SIRIUS Sattelite Radio Tuner
- Enhanced Premium Sound System w/ Dirac Live Tech.

ZOX- BMW Apps
- Smartphone Integration
- BMW Apps

-Electronic Dampening Control EDC
-M Double Clutch Transmission w/ Drivelogic
-19inch M Double Spoke Alloy wheels Style 220M
-Carbon Black Trim
-High Glass Shadow Line


MSRP = $88,395
+ levy's freight etc etc = $92,209
After discount
Final Price (+tax and everything) I am paying = 93048.48

If everything goes well, I will be getting the car tomorrow.

What do you guys think?
BMWftw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-15-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 7|Ridge 1:54:61|Pacific 1:35:72
 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

Posts: 11,864
iTrader: (5)

That candians get hosed on cars
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings & bearings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW race|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
1MOREMOD is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-15-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
 
Prince_of_Persia's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,375
iTrader: (1)

So finally you are going to pull the trigger! Congrats!
__________________

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Prince_of_Persia is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-15-2011, 09:39 PM   #4
Ateam
Banned
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA

Posts: 1,109
iTrader: (0)

Yes on bmw's anyway seem awfully expensive. You are in m5 territory for 90k here in the U.S
Ateam is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-15-2011, 11:36 PM   #5
BMWftw
Private
 
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3 LMB
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 87
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
So finally you are going to pull the trigger! Congrats!
Thanks! I can't wait =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
Yes on bmw's anyway seem awfully expensive. You are in m5 territory for 90k here in the U.S
Yes, it's very expensive here in Canada, its what we have to live with unfortunately.
BMWftw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-15-2011, 11:47 PM   #6
Chowster
E60_to_E90
 
Chowster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Surrey, BC, Canada

Posts: 1,204
iTrader: (2)

Are you sure the MSRP is 88395? Seems slightly high by 1-2k for your config. Maybe I'm wrong? Or maybe my 2011 went through before the price increase in late 2010. Just go for it and enjoy the car!
__________________
2011.5 E90 Dinan M3, SS II, M-DCT, EDC, M Drive. Winter setup 220M w/ 255/275 Blizzaks
Performance Mods: Dinan St.1 suspension, exhaust, intake; TTPs; BPM St.II, DCT, servo tunes
Cosmetic Mods: OEM CF splitters, mirrors, center console, spoiler; Arkym CF diffuser; LUX; tint
Chowster is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-16-2011, 12:05 AM   #7
BMWftw
Private
 
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3 LMB
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 87
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowster View Post
Are you sure the MSRP is 88395? Seems slightly high by 1-2k for your config. Maybe I'm wrong? Or maybe my 2011 went through before the price increase in late 2010. Just go for it and enjoy the car!
Oh i think the price I listed here includes freight. Thats why its 1000-2000 higher. I asked the dealer that same question, and thats how he explained it.
BMWftw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-16-2011, 12:18 AM   #8
Chowster
E60_to_E90
 
Chowster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Surrey, BC, Canada

Posts: 1,204
iTrader: (2)

Ed. The numbers don't add up properly, unless you are including your trade, which changes the HST calculations.

$3800 in fees, and that doesn't include freight and PDI? What DOES that include then? Still seems off to me.

Just trying to help...
__________________
2011.5 E90 Dinan M3, SS II, M-DCT, EDC, M Drive. Winter setup 220M w/ 255/275 Blizzaks
Performance Mods: Dinan St.1 suspension, exhaust, intake; TTPs; BPM St.II, DCT, servo tunes
Cosmetic Mods: OEM CF splitters, mirrors, center console, spoiler; Arkym CF diffuser; LUX; tint
Chowster is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-16-2011, 12:33 AM   #9
BMWftw
Private
 
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3 LMB
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 87
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowster View Post
Ed. The numbers don't add up properly, unless you are including your trade, which changes the HST calculations.

$3800 in fees, and that doesn't include freight and PDI? What DOES that include then? Still seems off to me.

Just trying to help...
you right will, they added the 19 inch wheels seperately for $2000.
It should already be in the competition package right?
BMWftw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-16-2011, 01:06 AM   #10
Chowster
E60_to_E90
 
Chowster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Surrey, BC, Canada

Posts: 1,204
iTrader: (2)

You didn't spec the competition package above. Are you getting it?

19" 220M wheels are ~$2000.
19" 359M wheels are part of the $2900 2012 competition package. Was $5000+ for earlier 2011 models.
__________________
2011.5 E90 Dinan M3, SS II, M-DCT, EDC, M Drive. Winter setup 220M w/ 255/275 Blizzaks
Performance Mods: Dinan St.1 suspension, exhaust, intake; TTPs; BPM St.II, DCT, servo tunes
Cosmetic Mods: OEM CF splitters, mirrors, center console, spoiler; Arkym CF diffuser; LUX; tint
Chowster is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-16-2011, 01:27 AM   #11
BMWftw
Private
 
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3 LMB
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 87
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowster View Post
You didn't spec the competition package above. Are you getting it?

19" 220M wheels are ~$2000.
19" 359M wheels are part of the $2900 2012 competition package. Was $5000+ for earlier 2011 models.
Very good call, I just did some calculations and came the the exact same conclusion.

The car dosn't have competition package($2500) but it has EDC($2000) and 19 inch double spokes wheels ($2000) added in separately. Therefore, it is priced $1500 higher without ZCP. Since it dosn't have Competition package, it actually has less features, and I'm not getting the nicer wheels.
I should be able to get a better deal, and definately not a higher price.
BMWftw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-16-2011, 01:38 AM   #12
Chowster
E60_to_E90
 
Chowster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Surrey, BC, Canada

Posts: 1,204
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWftw View Post
Very good call, I just did some calculations and came the the exact same conclusion.

The car dosn't have competition package($2500) but it has EDC($2000) and 19 inch double spokes wheels ($2000) added in separately. Therefore, it is priced $1500 higher without ZCP. Since it dosn't have Competition package, it actually has less features, and I'm not getting the nicer wheels.
I should be able to get a better deal, and definately not a higher price.
Looks like a custom 2012 would make better sense, especially if you got the comp package. That's assuming you still get the invoice + $800 deal. That's my $0.02.
__________________
2011.5 E90 Dinan M3, SS II, M-DCT, EDC, M Drive. Winter setup 220M w/ 255/275 Blizzaks
Performance Mods: Dinan St.1 suspension, exhaust, intake; TTPs; BPM St.II, DCT, servo tunes
Cosmetic Mods: OEM CF splitters, mirrors, center console, spoiler; Arkym CF diffuser; LUX; tint
Chowster is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-16-2011, 02:25 AM   #13
BMWftw
Private
 
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3 LMB
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 87
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowster View Post
Looks like a custom 2012 would make better sense, especially if you got the comp package. That's assuming you still get the invoice + $800 deal. That's my $0.02.
Thing is how much am I missing from the Comp package? Are the other features important/useful? If they are disposable I might be able to negotiate a better deal for the 2011 model.
BMWftw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-16-2011, 02:36 AM   #14
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,757
iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWftw View Post
Thing is how much am I missing from the Comp package? Are the other features important/useful? If they are disposable I might be able to negotiate a better deal for the 2011 model.
Better MDM, better EDC


But honestly, it's not worth it if you plan to change wheels/suspension

BUT if you could SAVE money ($2900 vs the 4500 or so you seem to be paying now), yes, 100% worth it..
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-16-2011, 02:50 AM   #15
BMWftw
Private
 
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3 LMB
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 87
iTrader: (0)

So you mean if the 2011 can be cheaper then get the 2011? I dont plan on doing any mods on the suspension anytime soon. If anything just the rims, exahst and some cosmetic changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWftw View Post
Thing is how much am I missing from the Comp package? Are the other features important/useful? If they are disposable I might be able to negotiate a better deal for the 2011 model.
Better MDM, better EDC


But honestly, it's not worth it if you plan to change wheels/suspension

BUT if you could SAVE money ($2900 vs the 4500 or so you seem to be paying now), yes, 100% worth it..
BMWftw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #16
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
 
Mr. ///M3 RD's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GTA, Ontario - Canada

Posts: 7,863
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWftw View Post
Hey E90er's

About two weeks ago, I started posting/asking all sorts of noob questions about the M3, how to negotiate with dealers, what colors to get, whether I should wait for model change, get the 2011 one or the 2012 one etc etc.

Now I've finally came to a preliminary decision tell me what you think:

Canadian (I'm from Canada)
2011 BMW M3 Coupe: ZGE ZLQ BMW APPS, DCT
LeMans Blue metallic with Black Novillo Lether
ZGE- MDrive Package
- MDrive
- BMW On-Board Navigation
- Voice Control

ZLQ- Executive Package
- Power Fold Mirrors
- Universal Garage Door Opener
- Electric Rear Sunshade
-Adjustable Seat width w/ Lumbar Support
-SIRIUS Sattelite Radio Tuner
- Enhanced Premium Sound System w/ Dirac Live Tech.

ZOX- BMW Apps
- Smartphone Integration
- BMW Apps

-Electronic Dampening Control EDC
-M Double Clutch Transmission w/ Drivelogic
-19inch M Double Spoke Alloy wheels Style 220M
-Carbon Black Trim
-High Glass Shadow Line


MSRP = $88,395
+ levy's freight etc etc = $92,209
After discount
Final Price (+tax and everything) I am paying = 93048.48

If everything goes well, I will be getting the car tomorrow.

What do you guys think?
Looks like you spend your money as if there is no tomorrow I spend about $30K less after taxes and picked up a slightly used ///M3 ... my car has less options then I can do a lot with the $30K I saved.

You asked what we think well I think you outdid yourself, once you drive your car for 1/2 hour it will have lost quite a few of your $93K ... fine you have more options on your car then mine still paying $30K more for this I just don't know.

In the end I do hope you enjoy your car, one of the reasons I purchased a slightly used car had only 6,000KM on the clock (still with full warranty) was the high price here in Canada. I just felt it not right what is being charged for a new one here verses in the USA.

So once again all the best and congratulations .. enjoy!
__________________
Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 10-16-2011 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Added slight addition
Mr. ///M3 RD is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-16-2011, 10:23 AM   #17
Chowster
E60_to_E90
 
Chowster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Surrey, BC, Canada

Posts: 1,204
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWftw View Post
Thing is how much am I missing from the Comp package? Are the other features important/useful? If they are disposable I might be able to negotiate a better deal for the 2011 model.
Better MDM, better EDC


But honestly, it's not worth it if you plan to change wheels/suspension

BUT if you could SAVE money ($2900 vs the 4500 or so you seem to be paying now), yes, 100% worth it..
Yep. Save money, lower suspension, and a few differences in the MDM and EDC.

359 vs 220 is a personal choice.

Factory order. There's nothing like it.
__________________
2011.5 E90 Dinan M3, SS II, M-DCT, EDC, M Drive. Winter setup 220M w/ 255/275 Blizzaks
Performance Mods: Dinan St.1 suspension, exhaust, intake; TTPs; BPM St.II, DCT, servo tunes
Cosmetic Mods: OEM CF splitters, mirrors, center console, spoiler; Arkym CF diffuser; LUX; tint
Chowster is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-16-2011, 11:08 AM   #18
Chowster
E60_to_E90
 
Chowster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Surrey, BC, Canada

Posts: 1,204
iTrader: (2)

Looks like the dealer tried to bury some extras (2000?) into the deal to make your discount appear more generous. I'd check it over an extra few times.
__________________
2011.5 E90 Dinan M3, SS II, M-DCT, EDC, M Drive. Winter setup 220M w/ 255/275 Blizzaks
Performance Mods: Dinan St.1 suspension, exhaust, intake; TTPs; BPM St.II, DCT, servo tunes
Cosmetic Mods: OEM CF splitters, mirrors, center console, spoiler; Arkym CF diffuser; LUX; tint
Chowster is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-16-2011, 07:10 PM   #19
Titanium Silver
Four Star General
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA

Posts: 585
iTrader: (0)

I don't think I would pay 90k for an M3, but I guess you guys don't have a choice in Canada...

If you already got all the noob questions out of the way, then why don't you decide for yourself what options to get? What I am saying is... who gives a sh!t about what board members think about the color and options you choose?

Either way, hope you pull the trigger! Most people on these forums have had multiple generation M3s and will continue to drive them for years to come. You will understand when you get one. The M3 is extremely addicting. It will consume your life
__________________


E92 M3 | Jet Black | All OEM Everything
Titanium Silver is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 10:51 PM   #20
Mmmdreamer
Lieutenant
 
Mmmdreamer's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 e90 M3 Jet Black
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Jersey City

Posts: 537
iTrader: (1)

I'm canadian and living in USA...hoping to take advantage of the better car prices out here...canadian prices still don't reflect increase in CAD value

C'est la vie, pick it up man!
Mmmdreamer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2011, 09:02 AM   #21
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,065
iTrader: (44)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Is there a possibility of buying one from a US dealer and maybe getting a better deal?
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2011, 09:45 AM   #22
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
 
Prince_of_Persia's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,375
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Is there a possibility of buying one from a US dealer and maybe getting a better deal?
As far as i know, we have to pay 15% tax right away when we import the car.
__________________

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Prince_of_Persia is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST