BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
JAdamz
M3NTAL
 
JAdamz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 425
iTrader: (1)

295/30 PSS on E92 ZCP?

Has anybody put 295/30 PSS's on their E92 ZCP yet? Curious how well they fill out the wheelwells. I've seen pictures of this setup on E90s but not on the E92/E93. I'm also curious if 275/30s will fit up front.

Any pics or info is appreciated!

For reference, 295/30's on E90 ZCPs:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...9&postcount=32
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e90...ge-wheels.html
JAdamz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2011, 10:44 PM   #2
e60cs5
Last M3 was a Gulf M3 :) Fun car
 
Drives: 2015 AW M4 Coupe Project Car
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Instagram #weshowell

Posts: 386
iTrader: (1)

I've got 305's on the rears and I could squeeze 315's with no body work... Currently riding on Klassen 20x11's. 295's are not a problem at all.
e60cs5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2011, 11:19 PM   #3
Dave07997S
Colonel
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 ZCP Coupe
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Playa del Rey, CA

Posts: 2,418
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAdamz View Post
Has anybody put 295/30 PSS's on their E92 ZCP yet? Curious how well they fill out the wheelwells. I've seen pictures of this setup on E90s but not on the E92/E93. I'm also curious if 275/30s will fit up front.

Any pics or info is appreciated!

For reference, 295/30's on E90 ZCPs:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...9&postcount=32
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e90...ge-wheels.html
EAS did a 295 out back on a ZCP E92 but went with a 265/30/19 on the front I believe.

Dave
__________________
2013 M3 Coupe-MR/BLK ZCP, ACM test pipes, BPM Stg2 dev. tune and Megan catback, AFE Stg2. with C/F elbow
Previous rides: 2011 M3 Coupe-MR/Blk
2007 Porsche 997C2S Speed Yellow/Blk sport seats
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Dave07997S is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-13-2011, 11:20 PM   #4
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: bac mono
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: racetrack

Posts: 1,644
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAdamz View Post
Has anybody put 295/30 PSS's on their E92 ZCP yet? Curious how well they fill out the wheelwells. I've seen pictures of this setup on E90s but not on the E92/E93. I'm also curious if 275/30s will fit up front.

Any pics or info is appreciated!

For reference, 295/30's on E90 ZCPs:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...9&postcount=32
Those are mine! They fit great! They rub ever so slightly at full compression with stock suspension and alignment but very very slightly - after a while rubbing goes away

I've got more pictures if you need


Quote:
Originally Posted by e60cs5 View Post
I've got 305's on the rears and I could squeeze 315's with no body work... Currently riding on Klassen 20x11's. 295's are not a problem at all.
How'd you do that? What suspension/alignment?
quads is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-14-2011, 12:20 AM   #5
BMW Fanatic
Banned
 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 3,314
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e60cs5 View Post
I've got 305's on the rears and I could squeeze 315's with no body work... Currently riding on Klassen 20x11's. 295's are not a problem at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sevens.com View Post
How'd you do that? What suspension/alignment?
If he has completed NO body work then the offsets must be in his favour, what are they in the rear? 25/28+?
BMW Fanatic is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-14-2011, 06:12 AM   #6
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: bac mono
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: racetrack

Posts: 1,644
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
If he has completed NO body work then the offsets must be in his favour, what are they in the rear? 25/28+?
With zcp stock 295/30's are very close to the suspension and the fenders. I don't know how 305 and 315's would fit. I'd love to know.
quads is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-14-2011, 09:00 AM   #7
JAdamz
M3NTAL
 
JAdamz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 425
iTrader: (1)

Here's 295/30 AD08's on VMR wheels that have the same offsets as the stock ZCP wheels: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...63&postcount=2

Those wheels are 19x9.5" (ET22) and 19x10" (ET25). That's the closest representation I've found of how the setup would look on an E92.
JAdamz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-14-2011, 10:10 AM   #8
a burrito
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: '11 E90 M3, '12 958 S
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 1,879
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to a burrito
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAdamz View Post
Here's 295/30 AD08's on VMR wheels that have the same offsets as the stock ZCP wheels: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...63&postcount=2

Those wheels are 19x9.5" (ET22) and 19x10" (ET25). That's the closest representation I've found of how the setup would look on an E92.
That is exactly how the 295/30/19 ad08's look on my rear ZCP's.
__________________
Peanut Butter Chunky

AD08. Akra. Huper Optik. KW V3. Macht Schnell. RE SSK. TMS.
a burrito is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #9
JAdamz
M3NTAL
 
JAdamz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 425
iTrader: (1)

Cool. Those VMR rears are the same width and offset (10"/ET25) as the ZCP wheels too so I guess that's a good representation. The ZCP fronts are 9" at ET31, so bit of a difference there.

Can you take a few pics of how the AD08s look on your E92?

Last edited by JAdamz; 10-14-2011 at 10:32 AM.
JAdamz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-14-2011, 01:09 PM   #10
BMW Fanatic
Banned
 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 3,314
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sevens.com View Post
With zcp stock 295/30's are very close to the suspension and the fenders. I don't know how 305 and 315's would fit. I'd love to know.
I was talking about the guy with the Klassens, not you.
BMW Fanatic is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #11
JAdamz
M3NTAL
 
JAdamz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 425
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sevens.com View Post
I've got more pictures if you need
I'd definitely be interested in seeing some more pics without the decals on the car if you have them! Preferably from a slightly off angle front/rear-facing perspective so I can get an idea of how flush they are with the fenders.

Do you notice any difference in traction control with the 275/295 setup? I know some people are doing 265/295 but that changes the stagger amount.
JAdamz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #12
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: bac mono
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: racetrack

Posts: 1,644
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAdamz View Post
I'd definitely be interested in seeing some more pics without the decals on the car if you have them! Preferably from a slightly off angle front/rear-facing perspective so I can get an idea of how flush they are with the fenders.

Do you notice any difference in traction control with the 275/295 setup? I know some people are doing 265/295 but that changes the stagger amount.
Traction control kicks in less with more rubber. I'm currently back on the 245/265 rubber and DCS kicks in all the time! 275/295 is a nice setup. If I could I'd go even bigger in the rear.

More pictures? Sure...









quads is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2011, 10:17 PM   #13
Dave07997S
Colonel
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 ZCP Coupe
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Playa del Rey, CA

Posts: 2,418
iTrader: (1)

Why did you go back to 245/265 setup?

Dave
__________________
2013 M3 Coupe-MR/BLK ZCP, ACM test pipes, BPM Stg2 dev. tune and Megan catback, AFE Stg2. with C/F elbow
Previous rides: 2011 M3 Coupe-MR/Blk
2007 Porsche 997C2S Speed Yellow/Blk sport seats
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Dave07997S is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2011, 10:42 PM   #14
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: bac mono
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: racetrack

Posts: 1,644
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave07997S View Post
Why did you go back to 245/265 setup?
Dave
I had to get routine service done at bmw and didn't want them to freak out - yeah they'll do that over small details.

I wanted the 245/265's on the zcp wheels because I was going to get some lightweight volks to go with the 275/295's
quads is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2011, 10:55 PM   #15
Dave07997S
Colonel
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 ZCP Coupe
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Playa del Rey, CA

Posts: 2,418
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sevens.com View Post
I had to get routine service done at bmw and didn't want them to freak out - yeah they'll do that over small details.

I wanted the 245/265's on the zcp wheels because I was going to get some lightweight volks to go with the 275/295's
Not my dealer..they saw the 255/285 setup and didn't say a thing. Not to mention they heard the car with the Turner Test Pipes and Megan exhaust. Im getting ready to go the 275/295 setup on the ZCP but I may switch wheels as well later on.

Dave
__________________
2013 M3 Coupe-MR/BLK ZCP, ACM test pipes, BPM Stg2 dev. tune and Megan catback, AFE Stg2. with C/F elbow
Previous rides: 2011 M3 Coupe-MR/Blk
2007 Porsche 997C2S Speed Yellow/Blk sport seats
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Dave07997S is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2011, 10:56 PM   #16
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: bac mono
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: racetrack

Posts: 1,644
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave07997S View Post
Not my dealer..they saw the 255/285 setup and didn't say a thing.

Dave
yeah it'll vary from dealer to dealer but I didn't want to take a risk.
even if they dont say anything i'm sure they'll make notes in their internal system.
quads is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2011, 01:07 AM   #17
leigh
Major
 
leigh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: melbourne

Posts: 1,038
iTrader: (0)

does anyone know if i could fit 285 or a 295 on the rear with zcp rims and h&r springs? ohh its an e92
leigh is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2011, 09:46 AM   #18
JAdamz
M3NTAL
 
JAdamz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 425
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sevens.com View Post
More pictures? Sure...
Nice, thanks! Looks great and sounds like they're a functional improvement as well. The fact that they're slightly smaller in diameter than stock irks me a little but I can always lower the car I suppose

And, nice write-up on your One Lap team in this month's Roundel magazine as well!
JAdamz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #19
Dodge2Dub
Captain
 
Drives: E90 M3; Ducati
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 910
iTrader: (6)

Can you run the 275/295 set-up on the stock 19's (not ZCP)?
__________________
E90 M3: Some cool stuff...more to come
Ducati 1199 Panigale: Bucket full of mods
Dodge2Dub is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2011, 05:43 PM   #20
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: bac mono
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: racetrack

Posts: 1,644
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAdamz View Post
Nice, thanks! Looks great and sounds like they're a functional improvement as well. The fact that they're slightly smaller in diameter than stock irks me a little but I can always lower the car I suppose

And, nice write-up on your One Lap team in this month's Roundel magazine as well!
Thanks!
quads is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2011, 06:24 PM   #21
JAdamz
M3NTAL
 
JAdamz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 425
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge2Dub View Post
Can you run the 275/295 set-up on the stock 19's (not ZCP)?
I'm sure it's been attempted but I think those sizes are just too wide for the 220M wheels. The ZCP 359M wheels are a half inch wider, and the tire sidewall looks to be near-vertical from pictures, indicating you're at the width limit on those wheels.
JAdamz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-23-2011, 10:14 PM   #22
Dave07997S
Colonel
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 ZCP Coupe
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Playa del Rey, CA

Posts: 2,418
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAdamz View Post
I'm sure it's been attempted but I think those sizes are just too wide for the 220M wheels. The ZCP 359M wheels are a half inch wider, and the tire sidewall looks to be near-vertical from pictures, indicating you're at the width limit on those wheels.
You are correct, minimum rim width for the 275/295 setup is 9"/10". However, this is not optimum. It would best to have a 9.5-10" for the front and 10.5-11" for the rear. If you go with the 11" it opens up a 305/30/19 for the rear. However, I am considering this setup at least until I get my new set of wheels. Which should be at the beginning of the year...I just need new tires now..


Dave
__________________
2013 M3 Coupe-MR/BLK ZCP, ACM test pipes, BPM Stg2 dev. tune and Megan catback, AFE Stg2. with C/F elbow
Previous rides: 2011 M3 Coupe-MR/Blk
2007 Porsche 997C2S Speed Yellow/Blk sport seats
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Dave07997S is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST