BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Evolve Automotive

10-01-2011, 03:40 PM   #1
KIS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 C63 Coupe

It Happened Again!!!

Last December my M3 was hit in the rear when I was attempting to exit a parking lot and merge into traffic. When I exchanged insurance info the illegal that hit me claimed I threw it in reverse and struck her. Well, my insurance didn't pursue it and I was out my deductible. Had she been uninsured I would have saved $750 (deductible vs. uninsured motorist insurance).

This afternoon, while in a drugstore I heard over the loudspeaker, "the owner of a black BMW should go outside because it was hit by another vehicle". My M3, sitting by itself was struck by an illegal backing up. He attempted to flee, but 2 guys blocked his escape, and then had me paged in the store. This asshole has insurance with a fly by night company. It will be interesting to see how his insurance claims the accident was my fault. By the way, the 2 witnesses took off before I could get their contact info.

Here we go again................
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 03:45 PM   #2
bchang2001
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: e92 M3

good luck.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
dibxna
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 MW F82 M4

grounds for permanent mounting of go pro on front and rear bumper. maybe even on the interior headrest looking out.
*56' ford f-100 truck :: NSX blue :: lowered :: custom interior :: custom audio :: colorado custom wheels*
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 03:57 PM   #4
dibxna
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 MW F82 M4

ps - very sorry to hear about this. has to be the most frustrating thing ever.
*56' ford f-100 truck :: NSX blue :: lowered :: custom interior :: custom audio :: colorado custom wheels*
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #5
thetoe
Rep

Drives: E92 Mineral White

I feel your pain... Yesterday my 11 day old M got backed into by a Dodge 2500.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 04:12 PM   #6
gblansten
Beandoc
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 BMW M5 SG/SS

I feel your pain too. Been hit twice in parking lots with major damage. Good luck. You will laugh about this in twenty years or so.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 04:15 PM   #7
KIS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I estimate the damage at $2,000-$3,000, unless there is hidden damage. This bumper made it 9 months. And I just had the car detailed. Everything is pristine, except the totally fucked up rear bumper.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 04:25 PM   #8
KIS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I appreciate the kind words. This is part of my growth process where I place less importance on things. Having said that, this incident totally screwed an otherwise very pleasant Saturday. The 2 guys that stopped the asshole from leaving told me that I had a beautiful car and it made them sick to see it happen. At least there are some good people still around.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 04:30 PM   #9
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
Canada
Rep

Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIS View Post
Last December my M3 was hit in the rear when I was attempting to exit a parking lot and merge into traffic. When I exchanged insurance info the illegal that hit me claimed I threw it in reverse and struck her. Well, my insurance didn't pursue it and I was out my deductible. Had she been uninsured I would have saved $750 (deductible vs. uninsured motorist insurance).

This afternoon, while in a drugstore I heard over the loudspeaker, "the owner of a black BMW should go outside because it was hit by another vehicle". My M3, sitting by itself was struck by an illegal backing up. He attempted to flee, but 2 guys blocked his escape, and then had me paged in the store. This asshole has insurance with a fly by night company. It will be interesting to see how his insurance claims the accident was my fault. By the way, the 2 witnesses took off before I could get their contact info.

Here we go again................
Sorry to hear it KIS, I was lucky three weekend sago, picked up someone in Toronto there is a very bad exit on one of the express ways in the city. I had to come to a complete stop and someone hit me in the back. The rear bumper got pressed in kind a dented, it looked bad. Then after separating the two cars is sprang back out. Once home I washed the car there is no evidence of my car ever being hit.

The other car was an older Saab, his front bumper was rubber lined (like our older BMW (the e28) therefore no scratch or damage could be seen. Guess I was lucky .... Bottom line if someone should hit you in the back pray it be an older Saab

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #10
KIS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Sorry to hear it KIS, I was lucky three weekend sago, picked up someone in Toronto there is a very bad exit on one of the express ways in the city. I had to come to a complete stop and someone hit me in the back. The rear bumper got pressed in kind a dented, it looked bad. Then after separating the two cars is sprang back out. Once home I washed the car there is no evidence of my car ever being hit.

The other car was an older Saab, his front bumper was rubber lined (like our older BMW (the e28) therefore no scratch or damage could be seen. Guess I was lucky .... Bottom line if someone should hit you in the back pray it be an older Saab

In Texas Saabs are uncommon, much more likely to meet a pickup. There's another reason to head North.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 04:38 PM   #11
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
Canada
Rep

Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)

Garage List
Quote:
In Texas Saabs are uncommon, much more likely to meet a pickup. There's another reason to head North.
Hope you make out okay KIS, keep my finger tips crossed for you

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #12
Benjjman007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 328d & MP4-12C

Garage List
Sorry to hear it man... I just got my 11 AW E90 back from the body shop. Only the front bumper got damaged in my gate fiasco... At least i got a new bumper with reflectors filled in!
      10-01-2011, 10:09 PM   #13
Diavel Tom
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 2011 M3

Sorry to hear this.

I feel your pain...not with the M, but with my F 450.

It was smacked into while in a mall parking lot. I was coming out of the mall, and noticed two people standing by my truck. As I got closer, a lady walks towards me and asks if it was my truck. She then proceeds to tell me that she ran into it. The other person was a witness.

Funny thing though....while we were exchanging information, she said that she simply did not see it. The guy who had witnessed the whole thing blurts out "Jesus lady, his truck is as big as a fucking house....how did you not see it???? I would hate to live on your block."

She had a very cold look on her face....I couldn't help but laugh. I drove off and had my bumper replaced a week later on her dime....she had to wait for a tow truck because she somehow managed to pop her radiator when she hit me.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2011, 11:34 PM   #14
KIS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

It's a strange feeling. I'm not angry, I'm more annoyed because I know the drill. At the end of the day I'll be out a thousand bucks, and after numerous phone calls and staying on top of the repair everything will be as it was immediately prior to the idiot running into me.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 12:35 AM   #15
Diavel Tom
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
It's a strange feeling. I'm not angry, I'm more annoyed because I know the drill. At the end of the day I'll be out a thousand bucks, and after numerous phone calls and staying on top of the repair everything will be as it was immediately prior to the idiot running into me.
Agree

It's a project that you have to manage all the way through....one that neither brings you any joy or pays you.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 12:50 AM   #16
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep

Drives: slow

Sorry to hear that man, hope everything works out.

After owning my very first car for just THREE days, a guy driving on the wrong side of the road in a blind spot hit me and because I was the new driver they believed him about how it was my fault and made me pay a ridiculous deductible, wasn't any point in getting a lawyer because even if they couldn't prove he was lying in court I would have had to pay the fees.

The other day in my university car park, some guy came and parked next to me in his Dodge truck while he was backing up he hit the car behind him pretty hard.. Looked at me started laughing and just moved to a different spot.

Bastard people in this world!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 01:28 AM   #17
Gkap
BMF Movement
Canada
Rep

Drives: Women Crazy

wow!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 03:08 AM   #18
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2008 E92 Jerez Black M3

Garage List
Unhappy Oooohhhh Snap ..... Damn the Luck

Sorry to hear some rat tail, rat soup eatting bastard hit your car again. I'm glad they caught the fool before he could get away good luck with getting your car fix fellow Texas member

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger,SPEC Super Twin Disk Clutch,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, AA X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,Arkym CF rear Diffuser
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 03:21 AM   #19
MysticBlue
Major
Rep

Drives: '09 M3 DCT Coupe, ---'15 x50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibxna View Post
grounds for permanent mounting of go pro on front and rear bumper. maybe even on the interior headrest looking out.
I've often wondered if there was a product out there and if not, would there be soon? Something that has 4 small cameras, or whatever it takes for 360* coverage, tied to a motion detector, much like an alarm system. If someone runs into your car while parked it takes a series of pics and hopefully gets a license number. If something like that was out there for a couple hundred bucks, I would buy it.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 05:24 AM   #20
Stainless 45
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: Last of the V-8 Interceptors

Quote:
There's another reason to head North.
Ha! And I was thinking of heading South or West to get away from the infestation of mutants around here on the roads. My M3 almost got destroyed the other day in a parking lot by some asshat on a cel phone cutting between lanes, I had to lock up the brakes and left some nice skid marks. I keep telling myself to enjoy the car for now, since it's only a matter of time...
2011.5 LeMans Blue e92 DCT, ZCP, European Delivery. Black Edition Grilles, No Keyhole or Reflectors, Rear Fogs Enabled, Encore Innovation Exhaust, LUX Angel Eyes, 255x285's. "Last of the V-8 Interceptors, a real piece of history..."
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 06:53 AM   #21
KIS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainless 45 View Post
Ha! And I was thinking of heading South or West to get away from the infestation of mutants around here on the roads. My M3 almost got destroyed the other day in a parking lot by some asshat on a cel phone cutting between lanes, I had to lock up the brakes and left some nice skid marks. I keep telling myself to enjoy the car for now, since it's only a matter of time...
I was fantasizing that there was a place in the US where you could drive your car without fear of an imbecile screwing with your ride, and then leaving you with the bill. Damn, reality sucks!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 08:38 AM   #22
Stainless 45
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: Last of the V-8 Interceptors

If you find that place, let me know.

Edit- I think it's called Germany...
2011.5 LeMans Blue e92 DCT, ZCP, European Delivery. Black Edition Grilles, No Keyhole or Reflectors, Rear Fogs Enabled, Encore Innovation Exhaust, LUX Angel Eyes, 255x285's. "Last of the V-8 Interceptors, a real piece of history..."
Appreciate 0