BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-31-2011, 07:54 AM   #111
M3SQRD
Colonel
 
M3SQRD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3s, R56 Cooper S
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: EC

Posts: 2,436
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
I loved how I had testing reports show up with my wheels!! Got to love the quality of Morr. Glad these reports are posted on Flickr for all to see.
Wow, you now have enough documentation to start you own wheel company and create TUV certs for all of your wheels and vehicle applications

See how absurd that sounds when you put it into words...either a company has testing reports and wheel certs or they don't. I know which wheel manufactures I'll continue to buy from and the one(s) I'll stay far, far away from.
M3SQRD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-01-2011, 01:32 AM   #112
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: E92 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Norcal

Posts: 1,974
iTrader: (0)

Why can't you just post a photo with you holding up a certificate from far away at the minimum? Sounds fishy to me ...
__________________


MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
MDCTFTW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2011, 04:57 PM   #113
Brucewonder
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Brucewonder's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 yea boi
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Socal

Posts: 1,543
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos@MORR View Post
What an interesting thread. Our certifications are posted on flickr. We have high resolution ones in case anybody wants to copy them. Let me know.

Carlos

ahah way to stick it to em
__________________
2011.5 E92 ///M3 SSII/FR
Brucewonder is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2011, 06:37 AM   #114
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
 
Bluesummer's Avatar
 
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nürburgring, be there once, your heart, your soul will stay there.

Posts: 15,406
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
It's either OEM or JDM for me. Enough said
__________________

R.I.P. Steve Noh
Bluesummer is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      11-14-2011, 07:58 PM   #115
dan avoN7
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 04 M3 Alpine White
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Danville, CA

Posts: 42
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt View Post
... and there are no quality issues found anywhere with our product on this forum or any other.
Just because they haven't been "found" doesn't mean there aren't issues..

Speaking of quality issues.. I "found" one (while not a safety concern, all four of his wheels weren't fully coated)
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...&postcount=799


Just kidding on the found part btw, I saw the e46fanatics thread a couple weeks ago but just fully read this thread today as I don't frequent m3post too often.
dan avoN7 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2011, 01:30 PM   #116
MR///M3
e90post veteran
 
MR///M3's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 M3, '09 335, '11 Mini R56
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: central NJ

Posts: 1,384
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan avoN7 View Post
Just because they haven't been "found" doesn't mean there aren't issues..

Speaking of quality issues.. I "found" one (while not a safety concern, all four of his wheels weren't fully coated)
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...&postcount=799


Just kidding on the found part btw, I saw the e46fanatics thread a couple weeks ago but just fully read this thread today as I don't frequent m3post too often.
That's not really that big of a deal. I had a small cosmetic issue with mine when I received them and ADV.1 happily fixed everything for me without me spending a penny.
__________________
2012 Melbourne Red/Bamboo Novillo E92 M3 - ZCP, ZPP, DCT, BMW Apps, Sat Radio, Heated Seats
Mods- 20" BBS LM DBK, 18" Volk TE37SL, OSS, Arkym, RD Sport, and much more...
Thanks to- PYSpeed -- Morr Wheels -- OSS Designs -- iND-Distribution
MR///M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2011, 01:59 PM   #117
ADV.1 Matt
Lieutenant Colonel
 
ADV.1 Matt's Avatar
 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 1,512
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan avoN7 View Post
Just because they haven't been "found" doesn't mean there aren't issues..

Speaking of quality issues.. I "found" one (while not a safety concern, all four of his wheels weren't fully coated)
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...&postcount=799


Just kidding on the found part btw, I saw the e46fanatics thread a couple weeks ago but just fully read this thread today as I don't frequent m3post too often.
You'll note in the next response he posts up:

Quote:
I dunno.. even with the issues they've been easy to work with and I wouldn't say the experience has been bad.. they answer emails fast and are very quick to resolve issues.. on a side note the way they rounded the wheel centers looks much better. I'll have to take a before/after to show the difference.
We don't claim to be perfect - but as you can see we do address any outstanding issues and make sure our customer are happy.

For the others - we are creating a "testing" section of our website for rollout next year to include all of this type of information requested in this thread to end the subject definitively.
ADV.1 Matt is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-15-2011, 02:27 PM   #118
MR///M3
e90post veteran
 
MR///M3's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 M3, '09 335, '11 Mini R56
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: central NJ

Posts: 1,384
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt View Post
For the others - we are creating a "testing" section of our website for rollout next year to include all of this type of information requested in this thread to end the subject definitively.
Awesome!
__________________
2012 Melbourne Red/Bamboo Novillo E92 M3 - ZCP, ZPP, DCT, BMW Apps, Sat Radio, Heated Seats
Mods- 20" BBS LM DBK, 18" Volk TE37SL, OSS, Arkym, RD Sport, and much more...
Thanks to- PYSpeed -- Morr Wheels -- OSS Designs -- iND-Distribution
MR///M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2012, 12:29 AM   #119
MatthewDavid
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 : Black/Black, DCT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 313
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [4.00]
Hope you washed your foot first...

There are only a few things this thread has proven:
  1. ADV1 should never let Jordan speak. He embarrassed himself on the Luxury 4 Play forum as well. There have been a lot of blown second chances it seems.
  2. ADV1 should hire a PR firm and listen to Esquire by hiring a really, really good lawyer. When will businesses learn they can't argue with customers on forums? That's childish, not professional. And, don't businesses understand that anything posted on the internet is permanent and likely admissible in court? If ADV1 really is growing quickly, then, like any growing or large company, management should know that a legal settlement isn't a possibility that you can hope to avoid, rather it is a likelihood you try to mitigate to acceptable percentages.
  3. The only way ADV1 is ever going to regain the respect of this particular forum is to put everything on the table and choose words very, very carefully, which it cannot seem to do (i.e. PR firm and lawyer needed). Matt, you're trying really, really hard to improve the image, but it's not enough and arguing and trying to refine arguments on the technicality of words is only making it worse. Otherwise, just give up and stop wasting this forum's time.
  4. Morr can do provide all the facts, but ADV1 can't? Why does ADV1 care if another company Photoshops their certifications? That's the fraudster's problem, not ADV1's. If a business isn't intelligent enough to know that their products can be reverse engineered, then that business isn't intelligent enough to make a quality product.

Lastly, if Le Mans Blue was really run off this forum by vendors or sponsors, then I'm absolutely appalled. The primary definition of a forum is a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. Maybe someone needs to get Merriam-Webster on the phone and ask them to change the definition to covert corporate shill.

That is all. Boom.
MatthewDavid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2012, 01:27 AM   #120
E90///M3`
Major General
 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

Posts: 5,278
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
don't know why i didn't see this earlier. a lot of great info.

all i know is my Neez wheels are JWL/VIA. seem pretty lightweight to me also
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
E90///M3` is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2012, 02:09 AM   #121
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
 
PINHEAD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3/997.2RS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 975
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewDavid View Post
There are only a few things this thread has proven:
  1. ADV1 should never let Jordan speak. He embarrassed himself on the Luxury 4 Play forum as well. There have been a lot of blown second chances it seems.
  2. ADV1 should hire a PR firm and listen to Esquire by hiring a really, really good lawyer. When will businesses learn they can't argue with customers on forums? That's childish, not professional. And, don't businesses understand that anything posted on the internet is permanent and likely admissible in court? If ADV1 really is growing quickly, then, like any growing or large company, management should know that a legal settlement isn't a possibility that you can hope to avoid, rather it is a likelihood you try to mitigate to acceptable percentages.
  3. The only way ADV1 is ever going to regain the respect of this particular forum is to put everything on the table and choose words very, very carefully, which it cannot seem to do (i.e. PR firm and lawyer needed). Matt, you're trying really, really hard to improve the image, but it's not enough and arguing and trying to refine arguments on the technicality of words is only making it worse. Otherwise, just give up and stop wasting this forum's time.
  4. Morr can do provide all the facts, but ADV1 can't? Why does ADV1 care if another company Photoshops their certifications? That's the fraudster's problem, not ADV1's. If a business isn't intelligent enough to know that their products can be reverse engineered, then that business isn't intelligent enough to make a quality product.

Lastly, if Le Mans Blue was really run off this forum by vendors or sponsors, then I'm absolutely appalled. The primary definition of a forum is a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged. Maybe someone needs to get Merriam-Webster on the phone and ask them to change the definition to covert corporate shill.

That is all. Boom.

LMB WAS run off by the admins of this forum because certain sponsors did not like the truth that he said, so he's gone.

true story
__________________
PINHEAD is offline   Monaco
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #122
aus
Major General
 
Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

Posts: 7,299
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINHEAD View Post
LMB WAS run off by the admins of this forum because certain sponsors did not like the truth that he said, so he's gone.

true story
ABSOLUTELY TRUE.
He's very into the car business and knows all of their "dirty laundry" and bring let the forum know when an issue came up. The venders didn't like that very much.

.
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
aus is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #123
MatthewDavid
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 : Black/Black, DCT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 313
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
ABSOLUTELY TRUE.
He's very into the car business and knows all of their "dirty laundry" and bring let the forum know when an issue came up. The venders didn't like that very much.

.
That's pretty disappointing... and doesn't really make me want to buy from the vendors.

Separately, by the way, someone else at some point posted an article from "Secret Entourage" called "The Reality of ADV1". If Jordan is going to have a frank, honest, and "real" discussion about his business practices to clear the air, then it should be with a source not funded by his sponsorship dollars. Does he really think he's fooling anyone? Even if he's not trying to fool anyone, which may be the case, he certainly isn't helping the perception. Plus, that site is in dire need of an editor; hard to take seriously anything with punctuation, grammar, and other mistakes. I want so badly for ADV1 to be more professional (and for Jordan to speak less arrogantly while ironically discussing his failures), because their rims really are among my favorite looking. Too bad his attitude makes them so unappealing.
MatthewDavid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2012, 07:03 PM   #124
KidSupreme
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 11' 335i m sport
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lost Angeles

Posts: 379
iTrader: (0)

LMFAO!!! Damn, if i was ADV1 i would feel really dumb right about now hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitosz View Post
Matt,

1. You understand there are literally hundreds of TUV, SAE, JWL/VIA certifications out there and companies don't need the one from ADV.1 to copy it right?

2. That is not a TUV certification. That is a certificate of conformity. You should know the difference. A TUV certificate specifies a wheel has been tested, has passed, and has been registered/certified by TUV-Rheinland. It also certifies a wheel to an specific vehicle only which is why is so expensive.

A certificate of conformity is the manufacturer certifying that the products, in this case, wheels, have been tested to an specific standard (SAE/JWL/VIA or even your own) and the manufacturer signs and attests that to be true and valid. Your statement is misleading.

This a TUV Certificate:

KidSupreme is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #125
KidSupreme
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 11' 335i m sport
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lost Angeles

Posts: 379
iTrader: (0)

I honestly feel like ADV1 is a very unreputable company! I cant believe they would post mis leading information on this site. I think the forum should band them from this site. Seriously!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt View Post
Pinhead - we also were not calling you out - the reason I invited you to come by our facility was because you were local to LA and we could clear up all of this and provide you with the evidence you demand in a few minutes and show you hundreds of testing certificates.

We engineer and build all of our wheels to exceed OEM specifications and have done so since day one. We don't sacrifice weight for safety and will build a heavier wheel than our competitors every day of the week to ensure it's not going to bend or break at the track. Are you guys demanding data and certificates from every other wheel company or just taking their word for it as well?
KidSupreme is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #126
sawzall
Major
 
sawzall's Avatar
 
Drives: A Car
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,266
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 911S  [5.00]
2011 911 GT3 RS  [0.00]
I happened to be on the Rays website this evening, and found an interesting link: http://www.rayswheels.co.jp/catalog/201110forginge. Rays has put out an interesting brochure that explains parts of their manufacturing process, and their own extension to JWL testing which they call +R (also known as JWL+R).

It's cool to see how some manufacturers don't just try to meet safety certifications, they push safety even further.
sawzall is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #127
MatthewDavid
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 : Black/Black, DCT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 313
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidSupreme View Post
I honestly feel like ADV1 is a very unreputable company! I cant believe they would post mis leading information on this site. I think the forum should band them from this site. Seriously!

From all that I have seen, it seems like they should be banned for causing disruptions and posting potentially inaccurate information.

How much is this site really making off their sponsorship dollars? Can't be that much. I'm sure the forum members would donate a dollar or two to offset the lost revenue.

Where are the mods when the people that make this site run - enthusiasts like you and me - are pissed off at a vendor?
MatthewDavid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #128
vzehler
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ohio

Posts: 134
iTrader: (0)

Better yet, let their sponsorship dollars continue to support our forum. Them being present here will allow their tarnished reputation to continue to spread because everytime they post or their name is mentioned someone, Im sure, will bring this thread back up.

I hope they do right by themselves and others.
vzehler is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #129
NiVeDh
Major General
 
NiVeDh's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT BSM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX & Atlanta, GA

Posts: 7,987
iTrader: (132)

Garage List
Why am I not surprised? The ADV1 owners and their marketing (especially the whole "F*** Your Wheels" campaign) have always come off as vain and overcompensatory.
NiVeDh is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2012, 11:30 PM   #130
Gins
I can't find my pants.
 
Gins's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Supergirl Combo M3, YMB-SO
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 8=====D \o/ 335i, yo

Posts: 2,464
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]


Hey guys, here is a teaser of my new wheel release. It's certified by... HEY LOOK! HOT BLONDE!
Gins is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2012, 11:46 PM   #131
aus
Major General
 
Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

Posts: 7,299
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewDavid View Post
From all that I have seen, it seems like they should be banned for causing disruptions and posting potentially inaccurate information.

How much is this site really making off their sponsorship dollars? Can't be that much. I'm sure the forum members would donate a dollar or two to offset the lost revenue.

Where are the mods when the people that make this site run - enthusiasts like you and me - are pissed off at a vendor?
From what I understand, it's around $200/mo.
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
aus is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2012, 11:47 PM   #132
ADV.1 Matt
Lieutenant Colonel
 
ADV.1 Matt's Avatar
 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 1,512
iTrader: (0)

Guys as we mentioned we're furnishing all testing certificates to any client that requests them, we're including a new section on our website redesign to include our testing certifications, TUV certification continues on our wheel lines in Germany as posted on our blog a few weeks back with some of the highest strength ratings TUV has ever tested for a single wheel, and our new Track Specific lineup actually includes 6 wheels 2 of which are intentionally tested and destroyed to ensure we've removed as much material as possible without compromising strength. The idea that we don't test our wheels and have certification is nonsense.

That being said - if there are any questions or doubts about the quality of our products or our reputation don't buy our wheels.

The fact of the matter remains there are no open complaints about the quality of our wheels from any of our thousands of clients on this forum or any other on the internet.

All the best,

- Matt
ADV.1 Matt is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:08 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST