BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-17-2011, 07:18 PM   #45
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
 
PINHEAD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3/997.2RS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 976
iTrader: (8)

still no response, FAIL. Shouldn't take more than 1 working day to come up with evidence or proof?
__________________
PINHEAD is offline   Monaco
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 09:58 PM   #46
ADV.1 Matt
Lieutenant Colonel
 
ADV.1 Matt's Avatar
 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 1,512
iTrader: (0)

From Jordan on the matter,

"After reading some of these responses it's clear that a few members are simply looking to pressure us for no real reasons. Test data and documentation is available to our dealers only and in some cases available to our customers under some circumstances. Wheel companies often times do not test their wheels, we do and we keep this information to ourselves. There's a reason why every other company doesn't show documentation of this and that’s because the companies who do test keep it confidential so that others do not have access to it for their own use as Matt mentioned.

This information is for our own use, our dealers use and our customers safety – not to prove our legitimacy on the internet. Should any of you wish to see this information you're welcome to come visit us personally in LA or Miami where we'd be happy to show you any and all information you'd like in person as well as answer any questions you may have. We have official TUV certification on some styles / applications as the process is very specific to the exact application. Not all styles are TUV approved, only some and only for some vehicles. All of our wheels are independently tested in the US for load rating, lateral forces, and a barrage of other necessary criteria's required for safe use on public roads. This information is for our own use and not to be advertised publicly."
ADV.1 Matt is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 09:59 PM   #47
ADV.1 Matt
Lieutenant Colonel
 
ADV.1 Matt's Avatar
 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 1,512
iTrader: (0)

And as a personal note to Pinhead you're more than welcome to come by our production facility in LA and get a tour and all of your questions answered.
ADV.1 Matt is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 10:31 PM   #48
crltsz
Lieutenant
 
crltsz's Avatar
 
Drives: A car.
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Here

Posts: 492
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt View Post
From Jordan on the matter,

"After reading some of these responses it's clear that a few members are simply looking to pressure us for no real reasons. Test data and documentation is available to our dealers only and in some cases available to our customers under some circumstances. Wheel companies often times do not test their wheels, we do and we keep this information to ourselves. There's a reason why every other company doesn't show documentation of this and that’s because the companies who do test keep it confidential so that others do not have access to it for their own use as Matt mentioned.

This information is for our own use, our dealers use and our customers safety – not to prove our legitimacy on the internet. Should any of you wish to see this information you're welcome to come visit us personally in LA or Miami where we'd be happy to show you any and all information you'd like in person as well as answer any questions you may have. We have official TUV certification on some styles / applications as the process is very specific to the exact application. Not all styles are TUV approved, only some and only for some vehicles. All of our wheels are independently tested in the US for load rating, lateral forces, and a barrage of other necessary criteria's required for safe use on public roads. This information is for our own use and not to be advertised publicly."
There is no intention to pressure anyone. The intention is to request evidence to back up your statements. Test data or any sort of documentation to show as evidence of a quality control measure in a business, is something to be proud of. A test report does not include any confidential information. Please check the test reports/certifications from TUV, SAE and JWL and only the company name, address and contact information is included as wheel as the wheel brand, name and fitment information, which none is confidential. If you could elaborate on how another company could use that to their favor, make sure to do so.




You legitimacy is in the internet is proven by backing up your statements. Stating your company has TUV certifications on over 100 wheels, when it potentially doesn't, could be considered as fraud or at a minimum a very misleading marketing strategy by your company.

TUV certification is very hard to obtain. The quality requirements are very strict. Also the facility where any "work" to the wheels is done must be ISO 9001 certified, including outsourcing such as painting and the raw material supplier and forging plant. That is the luxury of a TUV certification. ASA is not ISO certified. To my knowledge MHT Wheels, Inc is not an ISO certified facility either. How you posses TUV certifications is beyond me. It is public knowledge where your wheels are made but not the documentation to show the authenticity of your certifications? I`m a personal friend of Juergen Walther, Program Manager at TUV Rheinland of North America and he has no information on any testing or certification performed by TUV-Rheinland under your company name.

I applaud companies like HRE Wheels for going above and beyond the norm and getting their entire facility TUV-verified to one of the stringiest quality management systems. The amount of work, money, time and resources necessary to do that is overwhelming. That is why they have been in the market for over 30 years.

This is my last post on this topic. I will not turn this into a flame war as that was never my intention. I`m very knowledgeable in this industry and when I saw your claim I was shocked and simply requested information to back it up but you failed to provide that. I wish you the best with your company and your products and hope you never get into serious legal issues by making false claims about international quality certifications.
crltsz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 10:45 PM   #49
ADV.1 Matt
Lieutenant Colonel
 
ADV.1 Matt's Avatar
 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 1,512
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
You legitimacy is in the internet is proven by backing up your statements. Stating your company has TUV certifications on over 100 wheels, when it potentially doesn't, could be considered as fraud or at a minimum a very misleading marketing strategy by your company.
I'm not quite sure where we stated this... ever?

As we (and others mentioned) TUV certification is specific to the wheel forging, width, application, etc... and has to be retested and re-certified for every new application, size, or spoke design. In one application alone for our monoblocks that would require literally thousands of different combinations to be tested to certify one application like the M3. As such, we have received TUV certification for specific applications our German retailers felt would sell well to their market areas and not pursued others at this time.

No other statements claiming TUV certifications have been or were ever made. We stated that we ran testing to ensure safety on every wheel we produce and we do exactly that.

At the end of the day, TUV certified or not our wheels aren't the ones cracking in the OP... and there are no quality issues found anywhere with our product on this forum or any other. If you require further information or would like to discuss it over the phone my email and phone number are in my signature.
ADV.1 Matt is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 10:58 PM   #50
crltsz
Lieutenant
 
crltsz's Avatar
 
Drives: A car.
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Here

Posts: 492
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt View Post
I'm not quite sure where we stated this... ever?

As we (and others mentioned) TUV certification is specific to the wheel forging, width, application, etc... and has to be retested and re-certified for every new application, size, or spoke design. In one application alone for our monoblocks that would require literally thousands of different combinations to be tested to certify one application like the M3. As such, we have received TUV certification for specific applications our German retailers felt would sell well to their market areas and not pursued others at this time.

No other statements claiming TUV certifications have been or were ever made. We stated that we ran testing to ensure safety on every wheel we produce and we do exactly that.

At the end of the day, TUV certified or not our wheels aren't the ones cracking in the OP... and there are no quality issues found anywhere with our product on this forum or any other. If you require further information or would like to discuss it over the phone my email and phone number are in my signature.
You stated this in the picture above. It clearly says "TUV Certifications on over 100 Applications." unless I`m reading it wrong.

I think you are starting to understand the weight your statement carries. I`m not questioning the strength or quality of your wheels. I have to this day seen a cracked ADV.1 wheel which is in fact a very good sign that ADV.1 does not have a quality issue. That was never questioned. Your false claims are. Cracked or not, the OP wheel manufacturer is not the one making false claims about TUV certifications, your company is. And that's whats leaving the source taste in our mouths.

What your company has is a "Certificate of Conformity" for the German market and you have failed to understand the difference. You have not retracted your statements and yet insist on the authenticity and existence of your TUV certifications. Simply put, your wheels, because of it's manufacturing facilities, cannot be and are not TUV certified. You must first get MHT and every company involved in the manufacturing of your wheels ISO 9001 certified.

Let's leave it here please, Matt. Your company confusing this with a TUV certification is very discouraging.
crltsz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #51
BMW Fanatic
Banned
 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 3,314
iTrader: (11)

At the end of the day ADV.1 is growing at an extremely fast rate, they have expanded from coast-to-coast whilst distributing thousands upon thousands of different applications on a variety of vehicles from VW's to Ferrari's.. I am yet to hear of a single complaint about these guys, all I've ever actually heard is these guys go above and beyond every expectation a client throws at them. Yes TUV may be important to many consumers, but like I've said I've never heard a complaint, especially on this forum which may even be their highest client base for a single brand of vehicle, the M3.

HRE, BBS, Advan, Volk etc are also extremely competent brands, just like them I would NEVER hesitate purchasing from ADV1.. In fact I will be getting some new wheels from them [ADV.1] VERY soon.

To anyone that won't be purchasing from ADV.1 for any reason, this thread or not, then you are missing out. At the moment the ONLY rim I would choose over one of theirs would be the BBS FI application, but then again I could just buy both.. Maybe even a Maserati to go with it, I mean a Maserati on ADV.1's? Simply BEAUTIFUL.

Good day
BMW Fanatic is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 11:24 PM   #52
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
 
PINHEAD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3/997.2RS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 976
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt View Post
And as a personal note to Pinhead you're more than welcome to come by our production facility in LA and get a tour and all of your questions answered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt View Post
From Jordan on the matter,
We have official TUV certification on some styles / applications as the process is very specific to the exact application. Not all styles are TUV approved, only some and only for some vehicles.
The founder of 360Forge answered all my questions in one sentence.
The purpose of me calling you guys out? Showing the community that ADV.1 as a wheel company, are simply not in the same league in which they want their customers to think they are in. Nuff' said.

Ill stick to my Volk/BBS/Advan wheels. Thanks.
__________________
PINHEAD is offline   Monaco
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 11:51 PM   #53
aus
Major General
 
Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

Posts: 7,305
iTrader: (5)

Did you just put ADV.1 in the same league as BBS and VOLK???? To put ADV in the same sentence with BBS or VOLK is a JOKE.
PLEASE tell me that was not what you intended because only a VERY UN-INFORMED person would make suck a RIDICULOUS statement.

Do you know what happened the last time one of Jordan's wheel companies got busy???

I was trying to stay out of this conversation but can't let such an idiotic statement go without making a comment. Their wheels better not crack; they weight half a ton each.



Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
At the end of the day ADV.1 is growing at an extremely fast rate, they have expanded from coast-to-coast whilst distributing thousands upon thousands of different applications on a variety of vehicles from VW's to Ferrari's.. I am yet to hear of a single complaint about these guys, all I've ever actually heard is these guys go above and beyond every expectation a client throws at them. Yes TUV may be important to many consumers, but like I've said I've never heard a complaint, especially on this forum which may even be their highest client base for a single brand of vehicle, the M3.

HRE, BBS, Advan, Volk etc are also extremely competent brands, just like them I would NEVER hesitate purchasing from ADV1.. In fact I will be getting some new wheels from them [ADV.1] VERY soon.

To anyone that won't be purchasing from ADV.1 for any reason, this thread or not, then you are missing out. At the moment the ONLY rim I would choose over one of theirs would be the BBS FI application, but then again I could just buy both.. Maybe even a Maserati to go with it, I mean a Maserati on ADV.1's? Simply BEAUTIFUL.

Good day
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 10-18-2011 at 12:50 AM.
aus is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2011, 12:14 AM   #54
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 9|Ridge 1:52:25|Pacific 1:35:72
 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

Posts: 11,969
iTrader: (5)

advan and adv1. are different no?
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings & bearings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW race|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
1MOREMOD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2011, 12:39 AM   #55
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
 
PINHEAD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3/997.2RS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 976
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
advan and adv1. are different no?
yes completely different. Advan wheels are made by Yokohama of Japan, ADV.1 are china made forge cores cut to spec in the USA.
__________________
PINHEAD is offline   Monaco
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2011, 12:44 AM   #56
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 9|Ridge 1:52:25|Pacific 1:35:72
 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

Posts: 11,969
iTrader: (5)

yes i know. thought that aus was confused about you putting adv1 in the same league as bbs and volk.
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings & bearings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW race|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
1MOREMOD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2011, 01:38 AM   #57
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
 
Singletrack's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 12 AW X5d
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Posts: 3,795
iTrader: (3)

Some pretty interesting exchanges in this one.
Singletrack is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2011, 01:56 AM   #58
///M Dream
Private First Class
 
///M Dream's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 BMW M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Posts: 161
iTrader: (2)

Just stick with BBS, Volk, Advan, or HRE. Would never pick anything less when spending that much amount of money on wheels. Isnt adv.1 the same people that did 360 forged or am i mistaking it for someone else?
__________________
2015 F80 M3
///M Dream is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2011, 02:30 AM   #59
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
 
PINHEAD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3/997.2RS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 976
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Dream View Post
Just stick with BBS, Volk, Advan, or HRE. Would never pick anything less when spending that much amount of money on wheels. Isnt adv.1 the same people that did 360 forged or am i mistaking it for someone else?
the person who started 360Forge is the same person who started ADV.1
Different company tho, but however you want to sugar coat it, scammers gonna scam. The quality and the lack of certifications ADV.1 wheels, and the price they charge for these USA cut, China forged wheels, ridiculous. Pretty much a scam in my book.
__________________
PINHEAD is offline   Monaco
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #60
the infamous...
Relapsed Bimmerpost Addict
 
the infamous...'s Avatar
 
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PARADISE aka CANES COUNTRY

Posts: 17,537
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by isugoo View Post
I hope someone makes:
JWL, VIA and SAE certified wheel model/company list and mod sticky them just like wheel weight or rub/norub threads.

Just a thought.
+1
__________________


"simple is clean" -The ///ModFather
the infamous... is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2011, 09:56 AM   #61
AMPowerJ
One mod leads to another ...
 
AMPowerJ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Blythewood, SC

Posts: 2,472
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
I am going on record saying that I think ADV.1 designs blow away all other manufacturers out there. Period! Everything they do is very impressive.

What isn't impressive is not wanting to publish certification results. To me that implies they don't exist. It doesn't mean they aren't still good wheels. You just don't have an independent testing agency proving that. Some don't mind rolling the dice on that. To me it is disappointing because why not prove your wheels have the quality to back up their beautiful designs.
__________________

Current: 2015 F80 M3 (SS, Full Black Interior, 6MT, LED, Adaptive, 19's) - On Order - 10/28 PCD
Previous: 2013 E92 M3, 2013 F10 M5, 2009 E90 M3, 1998 E36 M3
AMPowerJ is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #62
Poofyo101
Major
 
Poofyo101's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 ///M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NC

Posts: 1,198
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
1990 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PINHEAD View Post
the person who started 360Forge is the same person who started ADV.1
Different company tho, but however you want to sugar coat it, scammers gonna scam. The quality and the lack of certifications ADV.1 wheels, and the price they charge for these USA cut, China forged wheels, ridiculous. Pretty much a scam in my book.
Ill stick with BBS HRE ADVAN VOLK ETC. Not sure how they got another customer base after the whole 360 forged ordeal.
__________________
12 E92 M3-AW/FR-20" BBS LM-Painted Reflectors-BMW Gloss Black Grills + Gills-BMW Performance LED Wheel-BMW Carbon Performance Spoiler-Akra Evolution-Stoptech Trophy
Poofyo101 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #63
ADV.1 Matt
Lieutenant Colonel
 
ADV.1 Matt's Avatar
 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 1,512
iTrader: (0)

Guys as this is going downhill fast I would like to clear up a few things:

1. The 360 Forged / ADV.1 Connection... It's not something we hide - it's public knowledge and has been a dead issue for the past two years. If you want to know everything there is to know for further gossip: http://www.secretentourage.com/entre...ality-of-adv1/

2. We source our forgings and all rim halfs/fasteners from US suppliers like ASA, Triangle Engineering, etc. Not China made. If you doubt this please stop by our production facility and we'll call our suppliers for you on the spot.

3. Concerning the TUV certifications on 100 different applications... we have TUV certifications on select wheels sizes that can be cross applied to numerous applications. The same offsets and widths that fit on an M3 can work on an M5, M6, 525i, etc. etc. and even some Mercedes. Multiply that by a handful of TUV certified forgings and that's where the 100's of applications advertisement came from.

4. Concerning claims that TUV has never heard of us...



5. To anyone asserting that we're scamming customers... the only flaw in this theory is the lack of a single scammed customer to step up and claim such a thing. We offer online tracking for every order in production with us at any time that is updated daily and a network of customers and dealers with nothing but good things to say about our product, customer service, and quality.

Beyond that do your own research and come to your own conclusions as many of you already have. Our doors are always open to the public for anyone willing to come by and see how we actually do things and get first hand information rather than the claims of an internet forum thread.

No bad blood to anyone in this thread including our naysayers. We wish you all the best and hope we can move forward contributing to this community in a positive manner.
ADV.1 Matt is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #64
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
 
SROC3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 JTBLK ZCP
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: three.one.zero

Posts: 1,385
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to SROC3
Now that's solid proof.
__________________
2012 M3 E92 Jet Black
Black Leather/DCT | ZCP |
(Buy date 11/27/11) 2012 M3 E92 Jet Black
Red Extended Leather/6MT | Comp Package - RETIRED
(Impulse Buy Date - 11/22/06) 335i E92/Space Grey/ Red Leather/6MT - RETIRED
SROC3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2011, 05:19 PM   #65
gthal
Colonel
 
gthal's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada

Posts: 2,901
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 M3  [3.37]
The problem with online forums is that many posters have agendas for whatever reason. They have a favourite brand so they trash others, they don't like that they can't afford a certain brand, etc. No one posting here may have an "agenda" but it is impossible to know. What I do know is that I have not once heard anything negative about ADV.1 from its customers. What I do hear are people trashing "Miami" wheel companies but with no real evidence, etc.

I have no idea whether some of the claims against various wheel companies are true or not but I do know that people trashing otherwise reputable vendors without showing evidence of any real issues (or only talking about very isolated concerns that ALL companies will have from time to time) is a big fail.
__________________
2015 Austin Yellow M4 | Black Full Merino Leather | DCT
2014 Corvette Stingray | Z51 | Torch Red | 7MT - Sold
2012 C63 Coupe | Performance package | Obsidian Black - Sold
2011 E92 M3 | Jerez Black | Fox Red | DCT | Competition Package - Sold
gthal is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2011, 05:47 PM   #66
PINHEAD
Motorsport Passion!!!
 
PINHEAD's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3/997.2RS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 976
iTrader: (8)

this proves what?
still no hard evidence..just bla bla bla i can claim i have a 10 foot penis.
__________________
PINHEAD is offline   Monaco
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST