BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

INDustry distribution

07-31-2017, 09:10 PM   #1
M3MPH1S
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

New Bimmerworld aluminum pedals installed

I saw the recent email blast about the new Bimmerworld aluminum pedals and figured I'd try them out. The price is reasonable and they are my favorite design I've seen so far (Turner's would be a close second).

Pros:
- They come in silver or black
- I like the grip of the metal pyramids on the brake pedal
- I like that the gas pedal is smooth but still has some semblance of grip with the inlaid squares
- Included hardware works/fits well
- Aluminum seems good quality, strong yet light

Cons:
- The brake pedal (and likely the clutch pedal too, but I can't confirm) curvature does not match the oem curvature - the top portion fits ok, but the bottom has a significant gap (see pictures below)
- There's not really a solution to this, but the oem brake pedal arm for the M3 comes in from an angle unlike the 3 series where it comes down the middle, therefore you can't put screws anywhere except the right side (see pictures below)
- The gas pedal "slant" does not match oem - not a big deal, but if you line up the bottom of the pedal to be parallel to the floor, the right edge of the pedal does not follow the same angle as oem. The BW pedal is a good bit larger though, so it will cover it up completely
- Nitpicking here, but the bottom and top of the gas pedal are not parallel with each other (not noticeable once installed and looking into the foot well from the doorway)

Installation notes:
I tried following the instructions using masking tape and a hole punch, but it turned out poorly. I ended up holding the pedal in place with one hand and using a silver sharpie to mark my drill spots. The rest of the instructions were good though. For the gas pedal, you can put the screws anywhere really, but down the middle seemed the best to me. As far as vertical spacing, there was no real reason for the holes I picked. I did want my bottom screw to be 1 hole up, but I messed up the hole and had to improvise. For the brake pedal, the 2 holes where I put the bolts are the most clear spots (with regard to the back) and the most flush spots. I will probably end up drilling out a 3rd hole on the right side just so the pedal is attached a little bit more, but the pedals feels attached quite well as it is - no play to it. I drilled my holes on the "hills" of the brake pedal rather than "valleys" so it would sit more flush. So even with the curvature not matching the oem pedal, I have no issues.

All in all, I am very happy with how it turned out. It really adds a lot to the foot well. I'm sure I forgot some details, so let me know if you have any specific questions.

And yes, I'm aware that I need to vacuum and probably overdue for some new floor mats.

-
Attached Images

Appreciate 2