BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-04-2011, 07:46 PM   #23
kmarei
Major General
 
kmarei's Avatar
 
Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

Posts: 6,479
iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantarM3 View Post
No sales tax credit is lame!

Worst case you can always go to CarMax to unload the car.
I'd you're going to car max
You better lube up first
Cuz you know what they are going to do to you

I once went with my wife's RAV-4
They said it was in an accident (BS) and they'll offer 7000
We TRADED IT in for 9500
And another time I went with my late boss's 911S cabrio
They offered $35000
Sold the car for $46500
__________________
This user has been banned from the 4 series forum because he doesn't sing its merits like the admins want us all to

kmarei is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #24
Rich150001
Private
 
Drives: 07 335I & 09 R6
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arlington (Ballston), Va

Posts: 78
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantarM3 View Post
No sales tax credit is lame!

Worst case you can always go to CarMax to unload the car.
I'm still looking for a used one local with the color combo I want but if you decide to trade in, let me know first.
Rich150001 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2011, 07:56 PM   #25
kmarei
Major General
 
kmarei's Avatar
 
Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

Posts: 6,479
iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich150001 View Post
I'm still looking for a used one local with the color combo I want but if you decide to trade in, let me know first.
Last I checked
I have the lowest asking price foe a coupe with valid warranty on eBay, cars.com, or auto trader
So I won't trade it in for 35-37
I'll just wait till I can find someone who will pay 41 or close to that
I know I'll find someone
And now with the 2012s being delayed to at least October 15th
I can afford to wait at least another month
__________________
This user has been banned from the 4 series forum because he doesn't sing its merits like the admins want us all to

kmarei is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2011, 07:57 PM   #26
kmarei
Major General
 
kmarei's Avatar
 
Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

Posts: 6,479
iTrader: (33)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich150001 View Post
I'm still looking for a used one local with the color combo I want but if you decide to trade in, let me know first.
Speaking of which
What colour combo do you want?
__________________
This user has been banned from the 4 series forum because he doesn't sing its merits like the admins want us all to

kmarei is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2011, 08:18 PM   #27
M3PO
Colonel
 
M3PO's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 IB E92
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: OC

Posts: 2,721
iTrader: (6)

I know this may not help now but here's what I did.

The seller and I agreed on $40K. I had $20K in cash and needed to get $20K from Bank of America via a private party auto loan (pain in the ass). BofA wouldn't fund the loan until they had the signed title, bill of sale, and signed forms to transfer the registration. The seller was understandably reluctant to sign over the title without the full $40K. What we ended up doing was I gave him the $20K that I had and he gave me the keys (no way for it to be driven), the signed title, and the rest of the documents that I needed to finish the loan. When BofA gave me the remaining $20K, I picked up the car.
M3PO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2011, 10:22 PM   #28
eisenb11
Major
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 SSII
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Redondo Beach, CA, USA

Posts: 1,122
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PO View Post
I know this may not help now but here's what I did.

The seller and I agreed on $40K. I had $20K in cash and needed to get $20K from Bank of America via a private party auto loan (pain in the ass). BofA wouldn't fund the loan until they had the signed title, bill of sale, and signed forms to transfer the registration. The seller was understandably reluctant to sign over the title without the full $40K. What we ended up doing was I gave him the $20K that I had and he gave me the keys (no way for it to be driven), the signed title, and the rest of the documents that I needed to finish the loan. When BofA gave me the remaining $20K, I picked up the car.
Another thing you could have done was gone to BoA and got the loan together.

That's what I did last week. The buyer had me meet her at the bank. I gave the title to the loan officer, she gave her down payment to the loan officer, he processed the loan and all of the paperwork, then he deposited all of the money into my account - was really easy and painless
eisenb11 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #29
menomo
Private
 
Drives: the new M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Heaven

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

let the $1000 go. what if he thinks twice and doesn't end up buying. what if you get into an accident. what if someone hits you or it's gets jacked. just sell it now and walk away!
menomo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2011, 10:30 PM   #30
M3PO
Colonel
 
M3PO's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 IB E92
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: OC

Posts: 2,721
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenb11 View Post
Another thing you could have done was gone to BoA and got the loan together.

That's what I did last week. The buyer had me meet her at the bank. I gave the title to the loan officer, she gave her down payment to the loan officer, he processed the loan and all of the paperwork, then he deposited all of the money into my account - was really easy and painless
Wow, it was a three week long fiasco/headache for me. I didn't even know that was an option. Was that at BofA? They did it right then and there, that day? There was a lot of paperwork and processing required and it took a lot of time when I did it. I initially went to a branch, filled out the application, and got approved. Then they sent me a bunch of paperwork a few days later that we both had to sign and get notarized in addition to needing the signed title. All of that got sent in and they funded the loan a few days later.
M3PO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-04-2011, 10:56 PM   #31
positiveions
Lieutenant General
 
positiveions's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Verne, CA

Posts: 10,429
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
i know this might sound impossible, but, worse come scenario, you can keep both until you sell the '08. OORRR you can drop your car off and i"ll keep an eye on it for you
positiveions is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2011, 12:35 AM   #32
eisenb11
Major
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 SSII
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Redondo Beach, CA, USA

Posts: 1,122
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PO View Post
Wow, it was a three week long fiasco/headache for me. I didn't even know that was an option. Was that at BofA? They did it right then and there, that day? There was a lot of paperwork and processing required and it took a lot of time when I did it. I initially went to a branch, filled out the application, and got approved. Then they sent me a bunch of paperwork a few days later that we both had to sign and get notarized in addition to needing the signed title. All of that got sent in and they funded the loan a few days later.
It was at a credit union, Kinecta... sounds like BoA may be too slow to pull this off. Everything was done then and there. There was a lot of paperwork and signing for the both of us - took about 2 hours total and I was immediately funded when it was done. The new owner of my car was nice enough to give me a ride home afterwards! lol
eisenb11 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #33
Mitchell
Private
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Gimsbach

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

I would sell the Car to the guy and just hope he pays the 1000 later. If not, just forget it as you are getting a quick sale at the right time. And 1000 off asking price is never a bad deal when selling the used car. chances are he will pay you any how.

Another thing he can do is write you a check for the 1000 with a later date.

Dont miss the sale over 1000. Unless you only asking 3000 for the car lol.
Mitchell is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      10-17-2011, 07:34 PM   #34
Rich150001
Private
 
Drives: 07 335I & 09 R6
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Arlington (Ballston), Va

Posts: 78
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
Speaking of which
What colour combo do you want?
White, Blue, or Space Gray.
Rich150001 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2011, 10:55 PM   #35
ajvee
Major
 
Drives: None
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: None

Posts: 1,435
iTrader: (13)

Here is a thought.

Assuming he has a paypal account. He can transfer $1000 to you with his credit card and that way you have the cash and he can use the $1000 he makes the next month to pay off his credit card. Perhaps you can be flexible on the 3% fees.
ajvee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST