BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (ALMS, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-09-2011, 03:21 PM   #89
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Just logged in to my GT5 and got my free SV X2010...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #90
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
jonasaurus's Avatar
United Kingdom
34
Rep
3,147
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Just logged in to my GT5 and got my free SV X2010...
Likewise did it straight after the race, how fast is the damn thing!

EDIT: and dont forget the 5mn credit prize for doing suzuka time trial <1:25 with the X2010
__________________
///M3 | E90 LCI | Space Grey | Fox Red with CF Structure | 6MT | 260M | My build

Last edited by jonasaurus; 10-09-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2011, 03:35 PM   #91
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Is it just me or I don't really enjoy driving X2010, nice to have it but really a beast to drive...
sucks that GT5 doesn't recognize Logitech G27 yet....i'm not sure...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2011, 05:31 PM   #92
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
gary88's Avatar
United_States
101
Rep
7,995
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [3.91]
Fantastic race for Button, and congrats to Seb on being 2x WDC

Also a nice back and forth between Button/Vettel before the podium over the incident at the start (which I think was dirty, but legal)

Button: Didn't you see me at the start?
Vettel: You were a little behind, weren't you?
Button: I guess that's how we are racing then.
__________________

garyhebdingjr.com | flickr | Instagram@garyhebding
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2011, 05:38 PM   #93
O-cha
Brigadier General
O-cha's Avatar
82
Rep
4,729
Posts

 
Drives: Mcoupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In front of you

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to O-cha
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary88 View Post
Fantastic race for Button, and congrats to Seb on being 2x WDC

Also a nice back and forth between Button/Vettel before the podium over the incident at the start (which I think was dirty, but legal)

Button: Didn't you see me at the start?
Vettel: You were a little behind, weren't you?
Button: I guess that's how we are racing then.
Are those actual quotes?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2011, 05:47 PM   #94
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
gary88's Avatar
United_States
101
Rep
7,995
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [3.91]
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Are those actual quotes?
I pulled up the race again for the full dialogue:

Button: So didn't you see me at the start?
Vettel: You were a little behind, weren't you?
Button: Come on, I was halfway alongside on the grass (smiling)
Vettel: Yeah, halfway...
Button: Ok. That's how we're racing then.
Vettel: What was the restart?
Button: Sorry? The restart?

Then they walk out.

Then during the BBC forum Button said Vettel later told him that he never saw him in mirrors and that he believed he was honest about that, yet they showed him the replay with Vettel clearly looking back and forth in his right mirror and Button says "Well, he must have a pretty big blind spot there".
__________________

garyhebdingjr.com | flickr | Instagram@garyhebding
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2011, 10:14 PM   #95
xerox445
Damenslip-Tropfer
5
Rep
544
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 SGM 135i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: LBI, NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Is it just me or I don't really enjoy driving X2010, nice to have it but really a beast to drive...
sucks that GT5 doesn't recognize Logitech G27 yet....i'm not sure...
My G27 is amazing on GT5?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 12:24 AM   #96
EINSER M
Major General
EINSER M's Avatar
United_States
92
Rep
5,368
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E82 1M
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 34.1064 N, 117.5922 W, 300m altitude

iTrader: (38)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to EINSER M Send a message via MSN to EINSER M Send a message via Yahoo to EINSER M
wow thanx Poliphony - rad gift
__________________
THE EINSER M BUILD
CLICK HERE: EINSER M BUILD

Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 08:01 AM   #97
escobar929
Brigadier General
escobar929's Avatar
53
Rep
4,309
Posts

 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Is it just me or I don't really enjoy driving X2010, nice to have it but really a beast to drive...
sucks that GT5 doesn't recognize Logitech G27 yet....i'm not sure...
Quote:
Originally Posted by xerox445 View Post
My G27 is amazing on GT5?
i logged in earlier in the day and didnt get it, will try again today. Did you have to do anything other than just load up the game?

while the g27 wheel works, its not natively supported, so you can map out buttons, etc. There is a 2.0 update to GT5 coming out tomorrow, w/ full support for the G27 and cockpit view to all cars and supposedly faster loading times
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 08:03 AM   #98
escobar929
Brigadier General
escobar929's Avatar
53
Rep
4,309
Posts

 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary88 View Post
I pulled up the race again for the full dialogue:

Button: So didn't you see me at the start?
Vettel: You were a little behind, weren't you?
Button: Come on, I was halfway alongside on the grass (smiling)
Vettel: Yeah, halfway...
Button: Ok. That's how we're racing then.
Vettel: What was the restart?
Button: Sorry? The restart?

Then they walk out.

Then during the BBC forum Button said Vettel later told him that he never saw him in mirrors and that he believed he was honest about that, yet they showed him the replay with Vettel clearly looking back and forth in his right mirror and Button says "Well, he must have a pretty big blind spot there".
yea, Button looked pretty upset although tried keeping a smile on his face, glad he was still able to win
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 08:35 AM   #99
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
i logged in earlier in the day and didnt get it, will try again today. Did you have to do anything other than just load up the game?

while the g27 wheel works, its not natively supported, so you can map out buttons, etc. There is a 2.0 update to GT5 coming out tomorrow, w/ full support for the G27 and cockpit view to all cars and supposedly faster loading times
Yep, that's what i'm looking forward to.
And finally, in-game save for endurance race....I can finally go complete the last two 24 hour endurance races....

in order to get it, log into PSN, fire up GT5, and update the game (a quick one)....then u should get it in "community gift"

http://us.gran-turismo.com/us/news/d6002.html
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 08:36 AM   #100
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
yea, Button looked pretty upset although tried keeping a smile on his face, glad he was still able to win
I'd be mad too, it was a bit naughty for Vettel, but doubt it to be a penalty at all...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 08:46 AM   #101
007MCoupe
Major
007MCoupe's Avatar
19
Rep
1,464
Posts

 
Drives: on the wrong side of the road
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Livin' life

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 Z4 M Coupe  [0.00]
I guess I need to get PSN now. lol for the car and the G27 update. mine wouldn't work correctly at all (but is a beast in F1 11).

So glad Button got this win. Congrats to Vettel! Ferrari, or at least Alonso, looked pretty strong there. LOL @ Hamilton/Massa yet again. Seriously.

Find any pics of the celebration at the karaoke bar???

Hope Korea is exciting! Got my tix for Grandstand B! Race start video!
__________________

GoMiniGo///VB3///75mm wheel studs///Stubby///Aero bumper///GC front ARB///Pin pulled & Turner Camber Shims///Superflex FCAB///Powerflex RTAB///RE shock mounts///ECS 2-pc front rotors///Akebono pads///CSL headers///DKF catless Section 1///AKG Engine & Trans Mounts///SS brake lines///RPI scoop
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 10:57 AM   #102
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
.
Attached Images
          
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 11:15 AM   #103
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Was thinking, if Button has gone 0.010 second quicker in Q3. He would've put a pure dominate grand slam in result.
Fastest in P1, P2, and P3. Fastest Lap in race and a race win.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 02:42 PM   #104
Impervious
UNC FTW
Impervious's Avatar
Pakistan
7
Rep
702
Posts

 
Drives: Black Sapphire 135i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

I thought the race was boring. Not much action going on out there.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 12:21 AM   #105
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
UltimateBMW's Avatar
105
Rep
3,287
Posts

 
Drives: MP4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South

iTrader: (0)

Congrats to Vettel for his 2nd WDC. Totally dominated the season, even if I didn't like it.

Nice race by Button. He is definitely 'on' right now.

PS I'd like to see footage from the party Red Bull threw that night.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #106
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Christian Horner, Adrian Newey, and Sebastian Vettel visits Nissan HQ after the Japanese GP.
Attached Images
      
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #107
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
35
Rep
1,431
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Just watched the race. It was not bad, pretty exciting and enough to keep me entertained. I could see why Vettel was a tad annoyed as he had the pace to perhaps win, but his strategy was not so great. Nonetheless, a huge congrats to him and Red Bull, he was virtually flawless this season. The kid continues to impress.

Alonso was awesome as usual, his ability to outdrive his car is awesome. Come on Ferrari, give us a worthy car next season!!

Jenson has been hugely impressive this season, and his form continues. What more can be said??

And Hamilton , where on earth is his head? He now seems unable to even match Jenson on pace. His mishaps with Massa are bordering on comical these days
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 09:37 PM   #108
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
UltimateBMW's Avatar
105
Rep
3,287
Posts

 
Drives: MP4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
And Hamilton , where on earth is his head? He now seems unable to even match Jenson on pace. His mishaps with Massa are bordering on comical these days
Not going to turn this thread into another Hamilton discussion, but the incident with Massa was relatively minor.

I don't see the big deal. If Button hadn't backed out at the start, it would have been the same thing there. So maybe you should be asking where Massa's head was since he chose to not back out and let it hang there. In fact Hamilton almost got a 2nd puncture out of the deal because Massa's winglet hit the back of Hamilton's front left tire.

Anyways, a puncture put him behind the curve, lost him time, and offset his pit stops. You can hardly blame him for that.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 12:29 AM   #109
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Its just not the best season for Hamilton this year. He is either unlucky, or had some momentary brain-fart moment, some careless / amatuar mistake that he shouldn't make.
This time in Japan hardly you can blame him, a puncture put him in the backfoot and stuck around Massa. If he had a clean run and no puncture, we could possibly see a Mclaren 1-2 and a four-way fight to the end.

Just like Red Bull this time had a conservative strategy, and horrible put Vettel behind some midfield cars when he just out of the pit. That set him back a few seconds a lap.


But I was laughing so hard when Hamilton and Massa came together again.... This is turning into a comedy and Massa is the one who was fuming all the time...I feel sooner or later the team will replace him with a younger and hungrier driver, and willing to learn from Alonso (if Alonso hasn't destroy the rookie yet) and be a #2, which benefit the team for constructors championship.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 12:54 AM   #110
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
35
Rep
1,431
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Its just not the best season for Hamilton this year. He is either unlucky, or had some momentary brain-fart moment, some careless / amatuar mistake that he shouldn't make.
This time in Japan hardly you can blame him, a puncture put him in the backfoot and stuck around Massa. If he had a clean run and no puncture, we could possibly see a Mclaren 1-2 and a four-way fight to the end.

Just like Red Bull this time had a conservative strategy, and horrible put Vettel behind some midfield cars when he just out of the pit. That set him back a few seconds a lap.


But I was laughing so hard when Hamilton and Massa came together again.... This is turning into a comedy and Massa is the one who was fuming all the time...I feel sooner or later the team will replace him with a younger and hungrier driver, and willing to learn from Alonso (if Alonso hasn't destroy the rookie yet) and be a #2, which benefit the team for constructors championship
.
I think they are openly targeting Perez for 2013. Or Kubica, as he is friends with Alonso, assuming he is fit by then.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST