BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Evolve Automotive

10-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #23
sarddenso
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: E90 M3

Mate, sorry to hear about your bad luck.
But sure is good to see some people stick up for doing the right thing.

I was living in Houston and once saw a truck rear end another truck and then drove around and tried to run away. The guy who got rear ended gave chase and I really didn't want to see how that one ended up!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 09:24 AM   #24
KIS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 C63 Coupe

The reality of driving a nice car is bleak. It's not if, but when you'll be (at best) annoyed. In 1 year of driving the M3 I have been rear ended twice and I have had 2 birds crap on my car where I needed to have it wet sanded to remove the etching. The car has performed like a champ, but idiot drivers and birds are the bane of my existence.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #25
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
United_States
Rep

Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [4.25]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
Sorry to hear that man, hope everything works out.

After owning my very first car for just THREE days, a guy driving on the wrong side of the road in a blind spot hit me and because I was the new driver they believed him about how it was my fault and made me pay a ridiculous deductible, wasn't any point in getting a lawyer because even if they couldn't prove he was lying in court I would have had to pay the fees.

The other day in my university car park, some guy came and parked next to me in his Dodge truck while he was backing up he hit the car behind him pretty hard.. Looked at me started laughing and just moved to a different spot.

Bastard people in this world!
And you didn't wait for him to leave and then let the air out of his tires? The least you could do is leave a note on the other person's car with info on the A-hole in the truck.

Dinan compliment of stuff plus PF rotors and RG63s. Enough for now.
Why, yes. I am an abrasive bastard.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 09:46 AM   #26
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep

Drives: 09 MKV JETTA 2.5 & E90 M3 :)

Send a message via MSN to positiveions Send a message via Yahoo to positiveions
i am reading this, and i am shaking my head. I don't want to comment anything negative, because it happened to me when I had an MKII GTI 16V.
I am just glad you are ok.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2011, 10:53 AM   #27
Bence
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 ZCP

Didn't happen to me but... I was driving down one of the main highways in Minnesota (169) and traffic was pretty jammed up. Some older gent in a convertible Sebring utterly rammed an older lady in a Camry right in front of me, so she being a normal person pulled over to the far right lane and waved the guy over. Nope, guy keeps going, so being the responsible citizen I am I called in a plate and a description . I hope he gets a nice visit from the boys in blue for a hit and run.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2011, 11:01 AM   #28
Nine
Banned
Rep

Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bence View Post
Didn't happen to me but... I was driving down one of the main highways in Minnesota (169) and traffic was pretty jammed up. Some older gent in a convertible Sebring utterly rammed an older lady in a Camry right in front of me, so she being a normal person pulled over to the far right lane and waved the guy over. Nope, guy keeps going, so being the responsible citizen I am I called in a plate and a description . I hope he gets a nice visit from the boys in blue for a hit and run.
You are the man.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2011, 11:16 AM   #29
Arkie
United_States
Rep

Drives: E93 M3

Still hard to believe that you got stuck with the deductible on the instance where the lady hit you from behind. Speaking from experience you have two options on an instance like that. Her insurance company pays everything and you are not out of pocket for anything. (this case takes longer to get your car fixed) The second method is to have your insurance company fix your car. you pay the deductible and your insurance company is reimbursed by the other company. Your deductible should be reimbursed to you then. I think I would be calling your insurance company and the ladies insurance company to get your money.

By the way on my ZO6 I was rear ended twice. All multiple car, rear ending me. I feel your pain and aggravation.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2011, 11:53 AM   #30
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIS View Post
Last December my M3 was hit in the rear when I was attempting to exit a parking lot and merge into traffic. When I exchanged insurance info the illegal that hit me claimed I threw it in reverse and struck her. Well, my insurance didn't pursue it and I was out my deductible. Had she been uninsured I would have saved $750 (deductible vs. uninsured motorist insurance).

This afternoon, while in a drugstore I heard over the loudspeaker, "the owner of a black BMW should go outside because it was hit by another vehicle". My M3, sitting by itself was struck by an illegal backing up. He attempted to flee, but 2 guys blocked his escape, and then had me paged in the store. This asshole has insurance with a fly by night company. It will be interesting to see how his insurance claims the accident was my fault. By the way, the 2 witnesses took off before I could get their contact info.

Here we go again................
incident 1: She must be an idiot, if she's an illegal (immigrant?), she should just keep her head low and pay out, otherwise she has more to explain regarding her INS status. geez, idiots.

incident 2: obviously with proper insurance, hopefully you can get this straightened out ASAP.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #31
WRXXX
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E92 SG M3

To the OP I feel ya. Not even 24hrs into getting my M some idiot in a S4 hit my parked car from behind. Luckily I was inside. His excuse was that he was trying to go around me and misjudged the gap. There was only a 4ft gap between my car and the front condo doors. How the hell did he think that he could go around me??? He could have went around me on the left side since there's at least two cars gap space but instead he decided to try the right side. I didnt buy his excuse and was pretty sure he was drunk. But the cops got a 0 alcohol reading later on. So yup, there are idiots that stupid driving around. Now imagine if he had drinked!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 05:40 AM   #32
PeteM6
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2014 M6 Coupe

KIS, welcome to Houston! The land of uninsured illegals... I'll been hit by 2 illegals this year alone. One of them was driving an 18 wheeler who side swiped me and took off. I really don't feel sorry for these people. Most of them drive recklessly and have no regard for people's property. That's why I arrest them. No DL you say? No insurance huh?? Get out of the car please. Anyways, good luck and god speed.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 06:54 AM   #33
freshwhite335
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 135i DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Sorry to hear about this KIS. Be happy you weren't in the car when it was hit. I was hit a couple of months ago at no more than 15MPH, but because my head was turned it screwed up my neck. Ended up tearing ligaments in my neck and upper back. Not fun. Cars can be fixed, but you can't always be as lucky. Glad to see you are having a relatively sunny outlook on the whole thing, that's the right attitude, it's how you end up on top and getting what you want.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 07:55 AM   #34
KIS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

It is heartening to read the kind words. I'll attempt to give a brief course in how the system actually works in Texas. In Houston, illegals can get a driver's license from the DMV, but they must prove they have insurance. The illegal then gets cheap ass auto insurance. The reason it is so cheap is that they don't pay out on claims. The guy that hit me has valid insurance. When I called the company the rep actually said, "Are you telling me our customer hit you and then went and found you in the pharmacy? Boy, you sure are lucky!" I didn't mention the 2 enormous good samaritans that helped him do the right thing. The insurance company that this fine gent has is known for denying claims because they can't locate their client to get his side of the story. I know that sounds crazy, but that's how it is in Texas.

To respond to MDOSU:
In my first incident there are no negative consequences for the illegal lying since Houston is a sanctuary city. She is not turned in to ICE and nothing happens to her. Also, after my $1,000 deductible my insurance company didn't pursue it with her insurance company because it was not enough money. Of course, they factored in my $1,000 deductible that I lost.

Before someone posts that I should bring an attorney in, please remember, these are incidents that in each occurrence was less than $3,000 of damage to my car. I have both a personal and a corporate attorney that work on my behalf and I would end up net losing money, not to mention the aggravation, in the process. Again, there are two groups that you should be wary of: those above the law, and those below the law. In my case, I keep encountering those below the law (there are many more of them), and there is very little that I can do to be made whole by people that have nothing to lose. Now, the way auto insurance operates in Texas is a testament to the trial lawyers and their campaign contributions, as well as those elected officials in Austin.

I try to have a good attitude because getting upset does not help in these situations. It's just the way it is.........
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 09:00 AM   #35
chuckvic
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2009 M3 DCT Coupe

ok so please let us know how you knew the person hit you was illiegal. Were they hispanic, did they confess, no insurance equals illegal, what?? Did they speak limited or no english or some combo of the above??

Of course to be fair to OP, they may have been illegal. Thats why I carry topgrade insurance so if at least I get hit by any one with poor insurance at least its not coming all out of my pocket.

chuck
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #36
KIS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckvic View Post
ok so please let us know how you knew the person hit you was illiegal. Were they hispanic, did they confess, no insurance equals illegal, what?? Did they speak limited or no english or some combo of the above??

Of course to be fair to OP, they may have been illegal. Thats why I carry topgrade insurance so if at least I get hit by any one with poor insurance at least its not coming all out of my pocket.

chuck
Fair question. Spoke virtually no English. Attempted to flee. Was not forthcoming with any information. And when I asked his legal status, his step daughter refused to answer and told me it didn't matter, and I'm not allowed to ask. I might be wrong, but I don't think so.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 04:02 PM   #37
KIS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

An update: The individual that hit me has insurance with Endeavor. If you'd like to endeavor a guess, it would be that I will be taking it in the ass from this 11th rate insurance company. Their adjustor said it will take at least 3 weeks to investigate this claim before they can begin to assess responsibility. Remember, my car was parked and the other guy came into the Walgreen's to tell me he hit my car. Also, the good Mr. Ramiriz has failed to report the accident to Endeavor. So, as I thought, I will be filing under my insurance.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 04:14 PM   #38
mmandaniel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: Her name is Betsy.

It happened to me too!
but theres no way that they can say it was your fault, you weren't even in the car! As long as you got his insurance information you should be able to get everything covered
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 04:19 PM   #39
KIS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmandaniel View Post
It happened to me too!
but theres no way that they can say it was your fault, you weren't even in the car! As long as you got his insurance information you should be able to get everything covered
While I appreciate your optimism, I cannot agree. My insurance will repair my vehicle. The total cost will be approx. $2,500. I will pay the deductible of $1,000. My insurance will be out of pocket approx. $1,500 and when Endeavor refuses to pay a fucking cent, then my insurance will write it off. Believe me when I say I hope I'm wrong, but this isn't my first rodeo.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 04:24 PM   #40
mmandaniel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Why don't you try to peruse the guys insurance and make them pay for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIS View Post
While I appreciate your optimism, I cannot agree. My insurance will repair my vehicle. The total cost will be approx. $2,500. I will pay the deductible of $1,000. My insurance will be out of pocket approx. $1,500 and when Endeavor refuses to pay a fucking cent, then my insurance will write it off. Believe me when I say I hope I'm wrong, but this isn't my first rodeo.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 04:34 PM   #41
KIS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Why don't you try to peruse the guys insurance and make them pay for it?
How? This is their tactic to not pay. I'll file a complaint with the BBB, and the State Insurance Board, but neither will get me any money.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 05:51 PM   #42
mmandaniel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

sorry, didn't read fully the other posts above, theres not much else you could do at this point
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #43
KIS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
sorry, didn't read fully the other posts above, theres not much else you could do at this point
No problem. This forum allows me to vent so I don't break something.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2011, 01:39 PM   #44
KIS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Daily Update:

For those in the state of Texas be careful. If you're hit by someone that has nothing to lose, you will definitely be the loser. In Texas a motorist has a legal obligation to contact his insurance company when involved in an accident. If he doesn't, then his insurance company is not obligated by law to do anything. This was explained to me by an individual with the State of Texas Insurance Board. Consequently, when someone below the law is involved in an accident and has insurance, if he does not report it, or make himself available to his company's adjustor. You are screwed. End of rant.
Appreciate 0