BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

European Auto Source

10-05-2011, 08:12 PM   #67
M3Bahn
Lieutenant

Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
Did you even read my post?

When I was a kid, there was an abandoned house across the street. A neighbor, my good friend's dad, got tired of looking at it, bought the property and got the fire department to burn the house down. They let it burn almost to nothing before putting it out.

I checked the house out the day before and noticed a coffee can of nails sitting just inside the door. A couple of days later, my friend and I noticed a solidified puddle of steel in the same spot. Clearly this indicates a government conspiracy and the use of thermite to destroy the building, and the fire dept setting it on fire was just a cover story.

(This was in your neck of the woods, mact333- near Lucia Falls)
Madrid building fire.

Quote:
At their peak, temperatures reached 800 degrees Celsius (1,472 Fahrenheit), said Javier Sanz, head of Madrid's firefighters.

Construction of the shiny gold Windsor Building began in 1973 and was completed in 1979. It became a landmark structure in Madrid's business district. The building was surrounded with scaffolding because of recent repairs, and a huge crane remained perched on its roof.
There are troubling questions that need to be asked here about how this fire started, how it spread so quickly, and why it burned with such ferocity. But whatever the cause, it is clear from these images that this was no run-of-the-mill fire. For nearly twenty-four hours, the Windsor building sustained temperatures that, according to official mythology, brought one of the Twin Towers down in less than an hour. And despite the claims in these reports that the Windsor tower melted "like a candle," or was reduced to a "blackened hulk of twisted wreckage," the building's steel framework withstood the inferno.
Notably, the entire core of the structure is still intact (and still supporting the large crane temporarily mounted on the roof), as are all of the lower floors of the building -- even though the tower continued to burn at exceedingly high temperatures for many hours after the partial collapses began. What the Windsor fire revealed, quite dramatically, is that even if the WTC towers had been subjected to ferocious fires, and even if those fires had instigated the collapse of the upper floor assemblies, we are still lacking an explanation for the complete and total destruction of the buildings.
http://davesweb.cnchost.com/nwsltr69c.html

Last edited by M3Bahn; 10-05-2011 at 09:48 PM.
      10-05-2011, 08:25 PM   #68
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Well on this forum, none of the conspirators are democrats, and I think that goes for the general population. The anti-govt crowd has moved over to the tea party.

And while I appreciate the PE's and civil eng's checking-in here, I'm more confounded by the logic of these truthers than anything. What do these people actually believe? Do they agree that terrorists flew the planes? If so, then what do they think happened? The US govt coincidentally detonated the trade center & pentagon at the same time they were hit by planes?

Maybe the planes were flown by agents of the US govt? And the planes were used as a ruse to cover-up the planned detonation? I mean, this is seriously crazy sh!t.

Anyone can say "I don't think agency X is telling the whole truth", but it's another thing to take the conspiracy to it's batshit nutso conclusion. Really, what's this been all about for the last 10 years?
Are any of you going to stop babbling and respond to my questions?
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
      10-05-2011, 08:34 PM   #69
carve
Major

Drives: 335i

Sorry, M3bahn. The sprinklers were on, Firefighters attacked that thing the whole time, and the outermost steel parts of the upper floors had begun to collapse already.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windsor_Tower_%28Madrid%29
      10-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #70
M3Bahn
Lieutenant

Quote:
Sorry, M3bahn. The sprinklers were on, Firefighters attacked that thing the whole time, and the outermost steel parts of the upper floors had begun to collapse already.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windsor_Tower_%28Madrid%29
Building must have had some awesome sprinklers.

Last edited by M3Bahn; 10-05-2011 at 11:19 PM.
      10-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #71
carve
Major

The sprinklers probably eventually failed. Nevertheless, they certainly worked for a time, people were fighting it the whole time and it nearly collapsed anyway. They probably had a tougher time fighting the upper floors, but fortunately, those aren't carrying most of the building's weight.

Quote:
NIST determined that diesel fuel did not play an important role, nor did the structural damage from the collapse of the twin towers, nor did the transfer elements (trusses, girders, and cantilever overhangs). But the lack of water to fight the fire was an important factor. The fires burned out of control during the afternoon, causing floor beams near Column 79 to expand and push a key girder off its seat, triggering the floors to fail around column 79 on Floors 8 to 14. With a loss of lateral support across nine floors, Column 79 soon buckled – pulling the East penthouse and nearby columns down with it. With the buckling of these critical columns, the collapse then progressed east-to-west across the core, ultimately overloading the perimeter support, which buckled between Floors 7 and 17, causing the entire building above to fall downward as a single unit. The fires, fueled by office contents, along with the lack of water, were the key reasons for the collapse.[8]

Not nearly as fun of a story as a massive conspiracy, eh?

Last edited by carve; 10-05-2011 at 09:02 PM.
      10-05-2011, 09:33 PM   #72
M3Bahn
Lieutenant

Quote:
The sprinklers probably eventually failed. Nevertheless, they certainly worked for a time, people were fighting it the whole time and it nearly collapsed anyway. They probably had a tougher time fighting the upper floors, but fortunately, those aren't carrying most of the building's weight.

Not nearly as fun of a story as a massive conspiracy, eh?
Fire Engulfs Office Building in Madrid

City officials were afraid the building might collapse entirely.

"At this point the fire can't be fought and we have to wait," said Pedro Calvo, the official in charge of the fire department and other emergency services.

Firefighters and police evacuated nearby buildings and streets for fear of a total collapse. Firefighters also started hosing down neighboring office buildings to keep the fire from spreading.

10-06-2011, 03:45 AM   #73
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut

Drives: Topless Electric Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bahn View Post
Fire Engulfs Office Building in Madrid

City officials were afraid the building might collapse entirely.

"At this point the fire can't be fought and we have to wait," said Pedro Calvo, the official in charge of the fire department and other emergency services.

Firefighters and police evacuated nearby buildings and streets for fear of a total collapse. Firefighters also started hosing down neighboring office buildings to keep the fire from spreading.

Arent you proving our point with this example? Youre giving an example in which an office fire nearly brought down a building.

Isnt that what were saying happened.

Also you cant make direct comparisons between these buildings because a) the WTC towers were all much larger b) those buildings had firefighters battling them the entire time.

Also, as a note. The NYC building commission has outlawed exoskeleton buildings being built in NYC due to the way the towers succumbed to fire in the manner that they did.
      10-07-2011, 09:41 AM   #74
carve
Major

I'm still interested in why the government used thermite to destroy the house across the street from me, and had the fire dept. set it on fire as a cover story.
      10-21-2011, 10:14 PM   #75
gaberoll
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2006 330xi

9/11 wasn't an inside job, it was obviously aliens.