BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (ALMS, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)
 
EclipsisNA
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-25-2011, 09:06 AM   #45
Sylon
Brigadier General
 
Sylon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Michigan / Ohio

Posts: 3,380
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [4.60]
Button started making his charge way too late in the race. He could have caught Vettel, but that lap traffic held him up. I think without that lap traffic, the end of this race would have been awesome. But once again, its another boring race (except for Schumacher's crash).

I'm so sick of Vettel.
__________________

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Sylon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2011, 09:11 AM   #46
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
 
BrokenVert's Avatar
 
Drives: Topless Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen

Posts: 9,799
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
Button started making his charge way too late in the race. He could have caught Vettel, but that lap traffic held him up. I think without that lap traffic, the end of this race would have been awesome. But once again, its another boring race (except for Schumacher's crash).

I'm so sick of Vettel.
Thats a bit ironic. Schumacher being the interesting part of the race...being as Vettel is making a decent repeat of the Schumcher years.


And agreed. Maybe he was hoping for a repeat of Montreal? Hit the charge and late and hope that Vettel runs out of the clean line again attempting to keep the gap.
__________________
BrokenVert is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2011, 09:15 AM   #47
Sylon
Brigadier General
 
Sylon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Michigan / Ohio

Posts: 3,380
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 135i  [4.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Thats a bit ironic. Schumacher being the interesting part of the race...being as Vettel is making a decent repeat of the Schumcher years.


And agreed. Maybe he was hoping for a repeat of Montreal? Hit the charge and late and hope that Vettel runs out of the clean line again attempting to keep the gap.

Yeah I think so, but I wish Button would have started his charge about 5 laps sooner than he did.

I wonder if any of the other drivers, well except Schumacher I guess, lol, are getting tired of hearing the German national anthem played every 2 weeks, lol.
__________________

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Sylon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2011, 09:26 AM   #48
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
 
E90SLAM's Avatar
 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

Posts: 60,967
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Paul di Resta did well, strategy different from others worked out for him.
I still thinks if Button really gets too close to Vettel, Seb can still pull enough time to keep P1. He still got lots of potential in the Red Bull.

Does anyone else thinks Massa is a bit of drama queen now???
__________________
E90SLAM is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2011, 09:27 AM   #49
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
 
E90SLAM's Avatar
 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

Posts: 60,967
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Angry Bird in Singapore!
Attached Images
 
__________________
E90SLAM is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2011, 09:53 AM   #50
EINSER M
Major General
 
EINSER M's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E82 1M
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 34.1064° N, 117.5922° W, 300m altitude

Posts: 5,368
iTrader: (38)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to EINSER M Send a message via MSN to EINSER M Send a message via Yahoo to EINSER M
superb 9th victory for Vettel and all but 1 point away from a double WDC, the fat lady will sing in Japan. Masa visibly now upset at Hamilton
__________________
THE EINSER M BUILD
CLICK HERE: EINSER M BUILD

EINSER M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2011, 10:01 AM   #51
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
 
jonasaurus's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: London

Posts: 3,140
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
Yeah I think so, but I wish Button would have started his charge about 5 laps sooner than he did.

I wonder if any of the other drivers, well except Schumacher I guess, lol, are getting tired of hearing the German national anthem played every 2 weeks, lol.
Had he started earlier Vettel I suspect would have just responded right back but agreed it may have made for something more interesting
__________________
///M3 | E90 LCI | Space Grey | Fox Red with CF Structure | 6MT | 260M | My build
jonasaurus is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2011, 10:07 AM   #52
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
 
E90SLAM's Avatar
 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

Posts: 60,967
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post
Had he started earlier Vettel I suspect would have just responded right back but agreed it may have made for something more interesting
I'm sure Vettel still has .7 in the bag easily...or even faster if he had to....

C'mon Massa, get over with...its just racing....shit happens...and he just blames everything happens to him now on him, as if Hamilton ruined his "race victory"....
__________________
E90SLAM is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2011, 10:20 AM   #53
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
 
E90SLAM's Avatar
 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

Posts: 60,967
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
.
Attached Images
                
__________________
E90SLAM is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2011, 10:35 AM   #54
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
 
E90SLAM's Avatar
 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

Posts: 60,967
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Is it just me felt the best overtaking from this race was from Mark Webber, just pure skill and balls and didn't bother to use artificial overtaking tool - DRS...
__________________
E90SLAM is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2011, 10:48 AM   #55
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
 
E90SLAM's Avatar
 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

Posts: 60,967
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
..
Attached Images
                            
__________________

Last edited by E90SLAM; 09-25-2011 at 10:55 AM.
E90SLAM is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #56
EINSER M
Major General
 
EINSER M's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E82 1M
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 34.1064° N, 117.5922° W, 300m altitude

Posts: 5,368
iTrader: (38)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to EINSER M Send a message via MSN to EINSER M Send a message via Yahoo to EINSER M
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Is it just me felt the best overtaking from this race was from Mark Webber, just pure skill and balls and didn't bother to use artificial overtaking tool - DRS...
+1 the guy cannot launch his RB7 but he sure can pass!
__________________
THE EINSER M BUILD
CLICK HERE: EINSER M BUILD

EINSER M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #57
johanness
Banned
 
Drives: 2008 Z4MC
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Seattle, Vancouver

Posts: 1,741
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
I'm so sick of Vettel.
Get used to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post
Had he started earlier Vettel I suspect would have just responded right back but agreed it may have made for something more interesting
I'm sure Vettel didn't stress over Button's closing in. If he had to wring it out, he would have.

Great finish for DiResta as a rookie, and it sucked seeing MSC go out when he was fastest man on the track. I think Perez lifted way early.
johanness is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2011, 01:27 PM   #58
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
 
BrokenVert's Avatar
 
Drives: Topless Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen

Posts: 9,799
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post

I'm sure Vettel didn't stress over Button's closing in. If he had to wring it out, he would have.

Great finish for DiResta as a rookie, and it sucked seeing MSC go out when he was fastest man on the track. I think Perez lifted way early.
That wreak was entirely MSC's fault. He was hounding Perez for 2 corners he was driving up his ass!!!!

Its not even racing, MSC was obviously faster no reason why MSC had to be as aggressive as he was when he more than likely wouldve taken him on the next corner regardless.
__________________
BrokenVert is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #59
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
 
E90SLAM's Avatar
 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

Posts: 60,967
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
.
Attached Images
             
__________________
E90SLAM is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2011, 02:22 PM   #60
EINSER M
Major General
 
EINSER M's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E82 1M
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 34.1064° N, 117.5922° W, 300m altitude

Posts: 5,368
iTrader: (38)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to EINSER M Send a message via MSN to EINSER M Send a message via Yahoo to EINSER M
po'ed masa

__________________
THE EINSER M BUILD
CLICK HERE: EINSER M BUILD

EINSER M is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #61
Impervious
UNC FTW
 
Impervious's Avatar
 
Drives: Black Sapphire 135i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NC

Posts: 702
iTrader: (0)

This is the first season I've been truly following F1 so I'm still learning alot but it seems to me that Hamilton drives like an ass. I'm not referring to today's race specifically but he seems like a jerk and he is always in some wreck/controversy. Anyone else agree or am I way off?
Impervious is offline   Pakistan
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2011, 02:41 PM   #62
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
 
BrokenVert's Avatar
 
Drives: Topless Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen

Posts: 9,799
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impervious View Post
This is the first season I've been truly following F1 so I'm still learning alot but it seems to me that Hamilton drives like an ass. I'm not referring to today's race specifically but he seems like a jerk and he is always in some wreck/controversy. Anyone else agree or am I way off?
There is a reason that we call him Crashilton
__________________
BrokenVert is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2011, 04:13 PM   #63
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
 
E90SLAM's Avatar
 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

Posts: 60,967
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkx5m View Post
po'ed masa

LOL...I was looking for that....
Hamilton was like..."WTF??" oh is you....

I don''t see why Massa getting so pissed this time....as if this is the only cause of his P9 for the race result...and Hamilton wrecked his race....yes...of course the puncture caused him to be at the back....

but same goes to Hamilton, even served a drive thru penalty and still back up to P5 where strategy and good racing afterwards....Massa hasn't been competitive all season anywayz...
__________________
E90SLAM is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2011, 08:24 PM   #64
W///
Brigadier General
 
W///'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

Posts: 4,282
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impervious View Post
This is the first season I've been truly following F1 so I'm still learning alot but it seems to me that Hamilton drives like an ass. I'm not referring to today's race specifically but he seems like a jerk and he is always in some wreck/controversy. Anyone else agree or am I way off?
He's always been aggressive driver, but this year definitely takes the cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
LOL...I was looking for that....
Hamilton was like..."WTF??" oh is you....

I don''t see why Massa getting so pissed this time....as if this is the only cause of his P9 for the race result...and Hamilton wrecked his race....yes...of course the puncture caused him to be at the back....

but same goes to Hamilton, even served a drive thru penalty and still back up to P5 where strategy and good racing afterwards....Massa hasn't been competitive all season anywayz...
Massa had to crawl back to the pit on 3 tires. Granted, Hamilton had wing damage, but I'd rather have that than my rear right tire missing.

I can kind of see where he's coming from though. He definitely needed a good result, especially after the mediocre year he's had, so this didn't help.

That Red Bull is unstoppable. I think they'll still carry this momentum over to next year
W/// is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2011, 12:15 AM   #65
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
 
gary88's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 7,962
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [3.91]
I slept through most of the second half but saw Button start to close the gap which was nice, hopefully Suzuka will be more interesting.

Webber had a couple ballsy overtakes.

Great to see Force India doing well.

Massa needs to quit bitching or just go to NASCAR or something.
__________________

garyhebdingjr.com | flickr | Instagram@garyhebding
gary88 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2011, 12:24 AM   #66
JetBlack5OC
Major
 
Drives: E60&E92
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: west

Posts: 1,061
iTrader: (0)

That race was epicly boring!

Hopefully one day I will see refueling back in my beloved sport.

Could you imagine figuring out fuel strategy with these crazy tires!
JetBlack5OC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST