BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-17-2011, 12:59 PM   #1
z335is
Private First Class
 
Drives: 370z
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newark

Posts: 150
iTrader: (0)

Loaded 2010 or Base 2011??

Guys...I\'m looking at two M3s right now (both e92s). One is a 2010 with every option except the convenience package and has a little under 19k miles. The other is a brand new 2011 with zero options, so a true base model.

Both are 6MT and the \'10 has sunroof while the \'11 is CF. The \'10 would actually end up being slightly cheaper than the \'11.

What would you guys choose?

Thanks
z335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2011, 01:06 PM   #2
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Moxie's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Stuttgart

Posts: 1,859
iTrader: (11)

You left out the price -
Moxie is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2011, 01:07 PM   #3
Daft
Captain
 
Daft's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 ZCP E92 M3 & 2003 E46 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 884
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.86]
2003 BMW M3  [5.00]
Sunroof in the 2010 kills it for me. Get the 2011!
__________________

2011 M3 ZCP | ESS SUPERCHARGED | AKRAPOVIC EVOLUTION | 20" HRE P40 | BREMBO BBK | B&G SPRINGS
Daft is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
piloto
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 - AW/FR
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 835
iTrader: (0)

If you don't care for iDrive, get the MY11. It's new, should have the M button standard now, and you'd be the one breaking it in.
piloto is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2011, 01:26 PM   #5
abehwang
Captain
 
Drives: e90 m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: US

Posts: 507
iTrader: (0)

2010. you'll enjoy the enhanced premium sounds once you tweak the equalizer
abehwang is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2011, 01:28 PM   #6
FVM3
Major General
 
FVM3's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 5,734
iTrader: (2)

2010
FVM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #7
tlv
Black
 
Drives: 2009 Jerez/Gray M3 Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Georgia

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by z335is View Post
Guys...I\'m looking at two M3s right now (both e92s). One is a 2010 with every option except the convenience package and has a little under 19k miles. The other is a brand new 2011 with zero options, so a true base model.

Both are 6MT and the \'10 has sunroof while the \'11 is CF. The \'10 would actually end up being slightly cheaper than the \'11.

What would you guys choose?

Thanks
'10
__________________
JEREZ BLACK / GREY
tlv is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2011, 05:42 PM   #8
k5ng
Second Lieutenant
 
k5ng's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E93 M3 Silverstone/DCT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North Jersey

Posts: 291
iTrader: (0)

You'll enjoy either but go for the 2010 with the extras.
__________________

2008 E92 335xi Sparkling Graphite/Coral Red (gone)
2011 E93 M3 6MT JZB/Ext Bamboo (gone)
2013 E93 M3 DCT SSII/Palladium,Blk,Blk
k5ng is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2011, 05:52 PM   #9
Mahzari
Captain
 
Drives: poorly
Join Date: May 2010
Location: California

Posts: 671
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abehwang View Post
2010. you'll enjoy the enhanced premium sounds once you tweak the equalizer
What do you have your EQ set at? Sorry for the tread jack

I would go with the stripper because of the carbon fiber roof (coming from the guy who has a loaded E90 with a sunroof )
__________________
2012 328i Sport Line: H/K + SA
Mahzari is offline   Iran
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2011, 06:36 PM   #10
abehwang
Captain
 
Drives: e90 m3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: US

Posts: 507
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahzari View Post
What do you have your EQ set at? Sorry for the tread jack

I would go with the stripper because of the carbon fiber roof (coming from the guy who has a loaded E90 with a sunroof )
PM me so i don't forget to message you later
I'll let you know what my settings are at
K THX
abehwang is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #11
BMW//M
Banned
 
Drives: 2009 128i Convertible
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ballwin, MO

Posts: 84
iTrader: (0)

2010
BMW//M is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2011, 09:57 PM   #12
Gkap
BMF Movement
 
Gkap's Avatar
 
Drives: Women Crazy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: GTA

Posts: 3,014
iTrader: (1)

id say the 2010 really sucks though that it doesnt have a CF roof IMO.
Gkap is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2011, 10:13 PM   #13
rye m3
Lieutenant
 
rye m3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York

Posts: 489
iTrader: (2)

Who the hell knows? Your question is worthless without posting the price. '11 at full retail and the '10 at $40k, I'd take the '10. Not much benefit to the '11 if you don't get the Comp package. Most used M3's are overpriced in the current market and that one is nearly a high mileage car. Chances are that the '10 is not a good value. And a brand new "stripper" has probably been sitting on the lot for while - especially if it is really a stripper with speed cloth interior. Good luck trying to find the one buyer looking for that down the road. The '11 would need to be well below invoice to be worthwhile and it is already a leftover with '12's arriving. The '10 could be worthwhile, but used cars are too overpriced in today's market. Judging from you comment, I expect the dealer is tempting to get a loaded car used for "nearly" the price of a stripped new one. The used car probably isn't worth it - especially if it is over $60k, which I venture to guess it is.
__________________
E92 M3 MR on Red/Black ZCP Sound
Carbon

2007 997S - sold
2003 E46 M3 Steel Grey on Red- sold
1997 E36 M3 Arctic Silver on Black- sold
rye m3 is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2011, 10:19 PM   #14
z335is
Private First Class
 
Drives: 370z
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newark

Posts: 150
iTrader: (0)

Sorry for not posting the prices:

They are giving me the 2010 for 49k and the 2011 would be 58k.



Quote:
Originally Posted by rye m3 View Post
Who the hell knows? Your question is worthless without posting the price. '11 at full retail and the '10 at $40k, I'd take the '10. Not much benefit to the '11 if you don't get the Comp package. Most used M3's are overpriced in the current market and that one is nearly a high mileage car. Chances are that the '10 is not a good value. And a brand new "stripper" has probably been sitting on the lot for while - especially if it is really a stripper with speed cloth interior. Good luck trying to find the one buyer looking for that down the road. The '11 would need to be well below invoice to be worthwhile and it is already a leftover with '12's arriving. The '10 could be worthwhile, but used cars are too overpriced in today's market. Judging from you comment, I expect the dealer is tempting to get a loaded car used for "nearly" the price of a stripped new one. The used car probably isn't worth it - especially if it is over $60k, which I venture to guess it is.
z335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-17-2011, 10:31 PM   #15
BMW Fanatic
Banned
 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary

Posts: 3,314
iTrader: (11)

Keep pushing the dealer as low as you can go for the '10. If it's fully loaded then you're good to go, down the line contact IND to replace your roof with a CF one and change out the tail lights.. I'm sure you don't care for the ZCP on the 11's because if you did you wouldn't be looking at previous years. My 2 cents
BMW Fanatic is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2011, 09:47 AM   #16
z335is
Private First Class
 
Drives: 370z
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newark

Posts: 150
iTrader: (0)

I have a feeling they are about as low as they are going to go on the 2010. They are going to throw in a clear bra which would be nice though. I was originally just going to order a '12, but the rates are just ridiculous right now.
z335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2011, 10:58 AM   #17
Rekrul
Captain
 
Rekrul's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Gray e92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Purgatory

Posts: 798
iTrader: (1)

The 10 seems like its a good deal.
Rekrul is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2011, 11:21 AM   #18
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dagolfpro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,865
iTrader: (8)

I know the options are very different between these cars. But, Is there a difference between 2010 and 2011 in general?
dagolfpro is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #19
thai357sig
First Lieutenant
 
thai357sig's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Silver Spring MD

Posts: 399
iTrader: (0)

Go for a 2011 order and float it, you can get one for a few hundred over invoice. With the low interest it should be really economical. I feel a luxury car purchase should be exactly the way you want it, no compromise.
__________________
09'M3 JerezB/Tech/Cold/Prem/PDC/SR/Black Leather/ANTHRACITE Sycamore/IPOD/USB/Rear Sunshade/Premium Sounnd/6MT***Just Hit The Ground! Delivery 02/25/2009***
thai357sig is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #20
z335is
Private First Class
 
Drives: 370z
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Newark

Posts: 150
iTrader: (0)

Not really, other than the LED tails on the 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
I know the options are very different between these cars. But, Is there a difference between 2010 and 2011 in general?
z335is is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #21
penny31
Lieutenant
 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: So CAL, L.a

Posts: 572
iTrader: (0)

'10. if carbon fiber is a concern for you...

i had a 08 m3 with cf roof and my '11 has the moonroof. I really enjoy the moonroof more especially for a DD. you can't feel the weight difference at all.


If you look the contrasted look, just get the roof wrapped.

my 2 cents.
__________________
e92 m3 Melbourne Red 6 speed

penny31 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #22
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
 
Mr. ///M3 RD's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GTA, Ontario - Canada

Posts: 7,863
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Sorry ... cannot help you ... you have to drive the car therefore you should decide its your money right ... right
__________________
Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Mr. ///M3 RD is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST