BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-21-2011, 06:15 PM   #155
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
 
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (0)

I would also like to add that Mercedes seems to have found a way to make the V8 in the SLK 55 AMG N/A and not add turbo's. That's because Mercedes actually spends money on R&D.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
You sound like my buddies who have AMG's - Slam the gas, slam the brakes...
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2011, 06:18 PM   #156
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
 
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
There's more to the E9x -> F8x transition than just weight and steering. How about FI? That's a serious game changer. It's not just an improvement on a previous platform (most notably the E36->E46 transition). But it's a car I simply will not buy. FI isn't the ONLY way to do things. It's a complete sell-out move and tell us a lot about what BMW wants to do with the M3. Forget journalists, how about us drivers? Most of us lament weight but BMW has done a good job working it into the car and maintaining handling characteristics. Something we CAN all notice however, is a damn vacuum under the hood and the lack of immediate throttle response and rush to redline.

So yes, the E9x M3 is the end of an era and the end of my purchasing of the brand; at least until they make significant strides in turbo tech which I imagine is at least another model generation away.
It certainly isn't as Mercedes has still managed to fit a V8 under the hood of the SLK. BMW just doesn't want to spend the R&D.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
You sound like my buddies who have AMG's - Slam the gas, slam the brakes...
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #157
Sedan_Clan
California Highway Patrolling
 
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 335i(prev.IB,AW M3's & X5)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

Posts: 11,191
iTrader: (25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
- I don't appreciate the fact that you feel the need to make smurk comments like, " A little reading comprehension goes a long way", This is the second time you've said something like this. Next time, I'm reporting it. We are having a civil discussion, no need to get snarky.

- Quality has dropped significantly. The leather wears after just 2,000 miles, Misaligned hoods popping up left and right,, interior rattles...I could keep going as the list is plentiful.

Come on Ice! Seriously? You're offended by a reading comprehension statement (..I called it as I saw it in that particular situation)? I have been extremely civil.

Nonetheless, it is unfortunate that your individual mileage has varied. My current car has approximately 12,500 miles on it and the leather is as good as new, my hood isn't misaligned nor do I have any interior rattles (..something that was prevalent on my E46(s) along with door rattles, broken window regulators and faulty glue causing interior pieces to fail. E46 regulars know the drill!). Maybe you just don't take care of your leather?!!??


Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
I would also like to add that Mercedes seems to have found a way to make the V8 in the SLK 55 AMG N/A and not add turbo's. That's because Mercedes actually spends money on R&D.
...but they supercharge or turbo some of their other cars. You really can't have it both ways Ice! Most of the companies employ F/I at some point in their model line-up.

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 09-21-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Sedan_Clan is offline   Brazil
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2011, 06:54 PM   #158
adc
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 ED
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MD/DC

Posts: 4,090
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefBringer View Post
2) Road test after road test has shown the plain-jane Mustang GT to be just as quick if not quicker than the M3 in a straight line. The Boss has 30+ HP and stickier tires. I smell something fishy.
It has less torque, according to the article - we're talking peanuts, in cars with over 400BHP. 30HP is not very important IMO.

The DCT in the M3 can make all the difference on the other hand - both because it has more/shorter ratios and because it shifts significantly faster. I have absolutely no trouble believing that my manual M3 is slower than both the DCT and the Boss 302.

Who cares?

Quote:
3) If Mercedes can ever figure out how to incorporate the BMW fun factor in their cars, BMW is in big trouble.
Well if my grandma had wings and a propeller it would be an airplane now, wouldn't it?
__________________

2009 E90 M3 ED
2014 X1 28i
2000 Boxster
adc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2011, 06:56 PM   #159
adc
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 ED
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MD/DC

Posts: 4,090
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce View Post
Seriously, go pick a fight with a boss on a track and see what happens.
Given how close the cars are, what will happen is that the better driver will win.
__________________

2009 E90 M3 ED
2014 X1 28i
2000 Boxster
adc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2011, 07:21 PM   #160
gblansten
Beandoc
 
gblansten's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 SG/SS
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Thick ascending limb

Posts: 2,094
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Probably because you heavy-foot that bad boy on every corner exit.

FWIW, I am pulling 19.2 mpg during mixed driving, and it only drops after prolonged "spirited" curvy road excursions. I admittedly don't drive my car hard all of the time; I have a race-prepped 848 (..and a number of Southern California tracks) for that.
Guilty as charged.
gblansten is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2011, 10:29 PM   #161
Sauce
Lieutenant
 
Sauce's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego 135
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Studio City

Posts: 527
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Given how close the cars are, what will happen is that the better driver will win.
A regular gt yes, but the Boss is quite a bit more car than a standard gt.
Sauce is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2011, 11:14 PM   #162
Ateam
Banned
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA

Posts: 1,109
iTrader: (0)

Keep in mind that new V8 in the slk is actually simply the twin turbo v8 minus the twin turbo! So its not much R and D going into the engine. They added cylinder shutoff and used the engine minus the turbos. It is much less hp too which makes sense given lack of turbos.

BMW could also release the m5 V8 minus the turbos and probably have 400 plus horsepower to put in some small car but why? With turbos they can put 550 hp into a bunch of cars. A NA v8 does not make any sense if it is simply a TT engine without its turbos.

Who would want that as an M engine? M is usually unique engines or atleast maximally tuned OEM engines. The merc NA v8 is a detuned turboless engine. It would be insulting for them to stick the M5's engine without turbos into the m3 and call it innovation.
Ateam is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2011, 11:23 PM   #163
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
 
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
Keep in mind that new V8 in the slk is actually simply the twin turbo v8 minus the twin turbo! So its not much R and D going into the engine. They added cylinder shutoff and used the engine minus the turbos. It is much less hp too which makes sense given lack of turbos.

BMW could also release the m5 V8 minus the turbos and probably have 400 plus horsepower to put in some small car but why? With turbos they can put 550 hp into a bunch of cars. A NA v8 does not make any sense if it is simply a TT engine without its turbos.

Who would want that as an M engine? M is usually unique engines or atleast maximally tuned OEM engines. The merc NA v8 is a detuned turboless engine. It would be insulting for them to stick the M5's engine without turbos into the m3 and call it innovation.
The e9x M3 is a previous gen M5 engine with 2 cylinders cut off....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
You sound like my buddies who have AMG's - Slam the gas, slam the brakes...
-=Hot|Ice=- is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-22-2011, 07:42 AM   #164
stefan
Colonel
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Drives: E92M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Calgary

Posts: 2,141
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
1999 VF BMW M3  [5.00]
2008 135i  [5.00]
2003 M3  [3.10]
2011.75 BMW M3  [4.17]
2009 STi  [3.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
It certainly isn't as Mercedes has still managed to fit a V8 under the hood of the SLK. BMW just doesn't want to spend the R&D.
Correct.. so more on this in a bit. Of course it's Mercedes so.. well.. at least they are trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
One disclaimer however, I will keep my E9X.
I think that says it all. Again when I mention we are drivers and not journalists, this is to question everyone's importance on performance numbers. If that's all you care about, you're driving the wrong car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
You must be referring to the run-of-the-mill 135i/335i. Have you driven a 1M yet?
No, but I drove a 335is to get a feel for the power train. I don't see them as being that different. Anyway it was the most boring fast car I've ever driven. Anyway that's irrelevant. I'm really just arguing the side of NA here and how us anti-turbo guys will never like it until they can make NA-like response times and more noise! I agree turbos can overall perform better from a numbers standpoint. But who cares. Well I guess you do. And automotive journalists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Why is it a sell out move? This isn't the first turbo car that BMW has produced. They were producing turbo 2002's in the 70's. So I'll ask again, why is it a sell out move? F/I may be the easiest way to maintain performance while still meeting increasingly strict emmissions requirements.
Seriously? You said it yourself, Mercedes is continuing their NA R&D. The turbo 2002 is a useless argument because NA has made huge strides since the 70s. There is plenty of room for NA development. Ask.... any exotic manufacturer. Even the new FT86 based STi is going to be NA!! Turbocharging is a sell out move to appease journalists (for good numbers) and government/environmentalists (with lower emission numbers and better fuel economy). All at the serious expense of lack of feel. Comon, sedan_clan. What you really want is a bit of a weight reduction on the F8x and a slight power bump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
We'll welcome you back with open arms.
LOL.. yeah.. I say all of this now. Just don't quote me if you catch me driving an F8x in a few years... haha.
__________________
///M Power - 2011.75 LMB M3 6MT (fuelly)
stefan is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-22-2011, 10:51 AM   #165
Sedan_Clan
California Highway Patrolling
 
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 335i(prev.IB,AW M3's & X5)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

Posts: 11,191
iTrader: (25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
I think that says it all.
There is something to be said about a V8 N/A M3 (..the same V8 that everybody b|tched about because BMW was "turning away" from their I6 heritage ), and I absolutely love mine. Even still, I would not be surprised if I ended up with the new model M3 at some point. I progress with the times.


Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
No, but I drove a 335is to get a feel for the power train. I don't see them as being that different.
I do! The main reasons are overboost and a few other changes. The 1M drives differently than a 335is.



Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Anyway it was the most boring fast car I've ever driven. Anyway that's irrelevant. I'm really just arguing the side of NA here and how us anti-turbo guys will never like it until they can make NA-like response times and more noise! I agree turbos can overall perform better from a numbers standpoint. But who cares. Well I guess you do. And automotive journalists.
All I care about is whether or not a car is responsive, has fun factor and can hold a corner. I'm not overly concerned with dominant straight-line speed nor am I concerned with how the car makes power (..i.e...N/A vs F/I), but I do favor N/A however.



Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Seriously? You said it yourself, Mercedes is continuing their NA R&D. The turbo 2002 is a useless argument because NA has made huge strides since the 70s.
My only point in bringing up the turbo 2002 was to counter the sell out statement. If a company has produced turbocharged cars throughout the years, returning to F/I can not be considered a deviation.


Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
There is plenty of room for NA development. Ask.... any exotic manufacturer.
I'm not denying that whatsoever.


Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Even the new FT86 based STi is going to be NA!! Turbocharging is a sell out move to appease journalists (for good numbers) and government/environmentalists (with lower emission numbers and better fuel economy).
It's all about the bold-faced text, and rightfully so. Emissions regulations are emissions regulations.


Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
All at the serious expense of lack of feel.
Turbocharging may or may not affect this at all. I've heard qualms about the new steering (..the M5 being an exception; it has hydraulic steering), but until I drive the car myself I will not pass judgment.


Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Comon, sedan_clan. What you really want is a bit of a weight reduction on the F8x and a slight power bump.
True! In my own perfect little world....


Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
LOL.. yeah.. I say all of this now. Just don't quote me if you catch me driving an F8x in a few years... haha.
Quoted for effect!

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 09-22-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Sedan_Clan is offline   Brazil
0
Reply With Quote
      09-22-2011, 11:53 AM   #166
DoorKicker
Private
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Baltimore, MD

Posts: 69
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
It's just too much power for the car to handle. 444 lbs of torque through an open diff is a recipe for insanity. The C63 doesn't even come with an LSD standard! The P31 Development package which bumps up HP to 481 HP is what gives you that.


P.S. You have a C63 so you already know this.
Actually I believe even with the P31 option you still have to special order the LSD as well. I priced it before my M3 and the P31 package and LSD seemed to add about 10000 (ballpark). I may be wrong but I'm almost positive the P31 package doesn't include the LSD.
DoorKicker is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-22-2011, 01:02 PM   #167
BradDickinson
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2012 E92M
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA

Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

I love this article! As a former Mustang Cobra owner and the son of an S5 owner I have a good handle on how these (or at least similar) vehicles perform. From my perspective the M3 wins hands down.

If you ever wonder which car is the best engineered all you have to know is that the M3 carries the least power and torque and still is tied for #1 in the drag...not to mention the track where it is even better in comparison!

I am headed to Welt to take Euro delivery of my E92M and can't wait to run into C63's, RS5's and Boss 302's when I return!
BradDickinson is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2011, 11:08 AM   #168
adc
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 ED
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MD/DC

Posts: 4,090
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce View Post
A regular gt yes, but the Boss is quite a bit more car than a standard gt.
Not really. The Laguna Seca edition is a lot more extreme than a GT, or indeed the Boss 302.

I can pass GT3's on track, and in turn get passed by lightly modified E36 M3's... The Boss 302 and M3 are really close. If you track your car you'll know what I mean.
__________________

2009 E90 M3 ED
2014 X1 28i
2000 Boxster
adc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2011, 11:52 AM   #169
Vise
Captain
 
Vise's Avatar
 
Drives: C63 AMG Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 887
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
- Quality has dropped significantly. The leather wears after just 2,000 miles, Misaligned hoods popping up left and right,, interior rattles...I could keep going as the list is plentiful.
Not this guy again. Don't you ever get tired of the non-stop trolling?

And when is your 2012 M3 scheduled for delivery again?
__________________
Current: 2013 Mercedes C63 AMG Sedan Magnetite Black / designo Porcelain/Black Leather
RIP: 2011 BMW M3 Sedan Alpine White / Fox Red Novillo Leather
Past: 2008 BMW M3 Sedan Melbourne Red / Black Novillo Leather
Vise is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2011, 12:19 PM   #170
tha_good_life
Brigadier General
 
tha_good_life's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 JzB E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Seattle

Posts: 3,900
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.33]
awesome article!
tha_good_life is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2011, 01:56 PM   #171
Sedan_Clan
California Highway Patrolling
 
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 335i(prev.IB,AW M3's & X5)
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

Posts: 11,191
iTrader: (25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vise View Post
Not this guy again. Don't you ever get tired of the non-stop trolling?

And when is your 2012 M3 scheduled for delivery again?

LOL....Be vewwy, vewwy quiet.




...or he'll threaten to report you because of his delicate sensibilities.
Sedan_Clan is offline   Brazil
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #172
Sauce
Lieutenant
 
Sauce's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego 135
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Studio City

Posts: 527
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Not really. The Laguna Seca edition is a lot more extreme than a GT, or indeed the Boss 302.

I can pass GT3's on track, and in turn get passed by lightly modified E36 M3's... The Boss 302 and M3 are really close. If you track your car you'll know what I mean.
The only reason I say that is because of the amount of time I have spent on the track. Making arguments I pass x cars on the track etc. etc. is a tough argument, because as I'm sure you know, driver variance is too large. A well driven gt3 on any type of serious tire is basically untouchable at the average hpde. I used to pass e9x m3's like no other in my old STi, would I say it is a faster car? No. The delta between a laguna seca and a boss 302 is much smaller than the delta between a gt and a boss. In fact the only real difference between the two cars is the rcomps, a little bracing in the rear, and slightly slightly stiffer spring rates to compensate for the stickier rubber.
Sauce is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2011, 08:51 AM   #173
RudyP
Private First Class
 
Drives: E92 M3, AM V8V, 993 C4S
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ohio

Posts: 193
iTrader: (0)

I happen to own a 2011 E92 M3 and a 2011 Mustang GT. I bought the GT first since it seemed like 90% of the performance and value of the M3 at half the price. I already have a nice German sports car (997 C2S) and my DD has to live outside and be a year round commuter - including in the salty, snow mess of a winter that Ohio gets. So the mustang seemed like a good deal - cheap, fast, fun, but not a car that I get too worried about getting dings, salt, rock chips, etc... Well it turns it is all that but it just isn't an M3 either - it has a great motor and is very fast in a straight line, but it's also big, floaty, soft, has (much improved from previous generations) but still rental car quality interior. In short, it wasn't for me. So I ended up buying what I should have in the first place - the M3 and taking a bath on the resale of my practically new mustang. Oh well, live and learn. And now I do worry a bit about street parking and so on, but I'll deal with it.

Lastly, my father in law, who is a Ford guy is intending to bring his Boss Laguna SECA and Ford GT to mid Ohio some time next year - will be fun to see how the mustang does. I'll be in the Porsche so won't do a direct head to head but looking forward to turning some laps. We are both HPDE instructors so can get a pretty good read of a car.
RudyP is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2011, 09:39 AM   #174
W///
Brigadier General
 
W///'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

Posts: 4,485
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
You do realize how silly you sound right? It is arguable that any highly sought after vehicle is purchased because of the perception of prestige. Your argument might hold water IF the cars DIDN'T perform, BUT they do (..they don't make the best drag cars - and that isn't their intent nor purpose - but they sure do handle). To label any BMW product a "half assed automotive product" is an exaggeration by the furthest stretch (..and is devoid of reason). If you truly feel that the product isn't worth the money, there is another automotive marquee right around the corner anxiously waiting to relieve you of your hard earned (..or not!) money.




The 1M was "thrown together", but it isn't a shoddy product by any means. It isn't like that car is short on performance either.




Yeah, they said the same thing about the E46 after years were spent abhorring its existence. They said the same thing about the E36 after years were spent abhorring its existence. The E9X is just recently being regarded as "the last of the true M3's" by keyboard enthusiasts (..and some automotive journalists) after years were spent abhorring its existence. Notice a pattern here? Almost all of the negative comments surrounded the increasing weight of the vehicles, but NOBODY could deny how well the cars handled and hid their hefty curb weight. ALL cars are increasing in weight and looking for alternatives in power; it's a byproduct of the increasingly strict safety/emissions standards. Livability is extremely important in a daily driven vehicle as well.
Absolutely agree with you. You don't have to dig deep to find all the comments about how the E9x with the V8 is a sellout M3, and how it should be called a 340i instead. At one point, the E46 was called a ricer car too, with its 4 poo shoots and side vents!

It's only a matter of time. I'm not saying just because an M3, it'll be the best thing since sliced bread (probably don't want to bet against that ). I just don't see the point of arguing about a car that is still in testing. Are we really going to sit here and talk about the F8x right now in 2011?
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Eisenmann | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
W/// is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2011, 12:17 PM   #175
adc
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3 ED
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MD/DC

Posts: 4,090
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce View Post
The only reason I say that is because of the amount of time I have spent on the track. Making arguments I pass x cars on the track etc. etc. is a tough argument, because as I'm sure you know, driver variance is too large. A well driven gt3 on any type of serious tire is basically untouchable at the average hpde. I used to pass e9x m3's like no other in my old STi, would I say it is a faster car? No. The delta between a laguna seca and a boss 302 is much smaller than the delta between a gt and a boss. In fact the only real difference between the two cars is the rcomps, a little bracing in the rear, and slightly slightly stiffer spring rates to compensate for the stickier rubber.
So my point is this - the driver variance is *much* greater than the difference in ultimate speed potential between an M3 DCT and a Boss 302. You are free to disagree of course, but unless we both drive the two cars back to back on track and come here to report, it will be all very theoretical.
__________________

2009 E90 M3 ED
2014 X1 28i
2000 Boxster
adc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #176
Sauce
Lieutenant
 
Sauce's Avatar
 
Drives: Montego 135
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Studio City

Posts: 527
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
So my point is this - the driver variance is *much* greater than the difference in ultimate speed potential between an M3 DCT and a Boss 302. You are free to disagree of course, but unless we both drive the two cars back to back on track and come here to report, it will be all very theoretical.
I definitely will not disagree with the driver variance at a track day, but just for discussion purposes I am speaking assuming all things being equal. The only reason I speak so highly of the Boss is that I have seen first hand how fast that car is. I am in the process of becoming a certified PCA instructor and have very close friends that have raced in the Porsche cup series etc. I have seen them go at it in a Boss and a gt3 and was just flat out impressed, an m3 with a similar caliber driver would lose small small increments of time lap after lap. (I'm talking tenths here so you are correct, the average driver will not extract that last couple of tenths that the Boss has in it the m3 doesn't.) Truthfully I don't feel this should be an argument, both these cars do something special while also having an ace up their sleeve. The M3 is a car you can go home in comfort in, it is a car that will do well on the track and coddle you on the way home. The Boss will accomplish amazing things on the track, but does not break the bank nearly as hard as the m3, or anything else in it's performance bracket.
Sauce is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST