BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

BPM Sport

09-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Reliable Cars

Review: Macht Schnell Seat Position Adjustment Shims

Just wanted to throw up a review about the Macht Schnell seat position adjustment shims I got from EAS. When I first had my Recaro Pole Position seats installed, I realized that my seat was positioned too far to the left, and felt somewhat awkward. I figured I'd have to live with it as it was, since there wasn't all that much adjustment in my VAC floor mounts or the Recaro Pole Position side mounts, but then Tom told me that I could get Macht Schnell seat shims, to replace my stock Recaro ones. These shims would be shorter on one side, and longer on the other side, which would help fine-tune the position of the seat.

Well, turns out that since the Recaro side mount is designed awkwardly (that weird zig-zag pattern), I wasn't able to use the smaller shim. However, Steve from EAS was able to play with the positioning of the VAC floor mounts, and we ended up using the bigger Macht Schnell shims on one side and the stock Recaro shims on the other. This pushed over the seat to the right a little bit, and while it isn't perfect, it is an improvement. My recommendation would be to get Macht Schnell seat mounts from the start, since those are perfectly straight, and thus give you plenty of room to use the smallest and largest shim, for maximum adjustment.

In short, I just wanted to let people know of the existence of these shims, as well as let people know of the small compatibility issue that exists with the Recaro side mounts. It still works though, and it still helps seat positioning. Also wanted to thank EAS for taking the time to help me despite me dropping by unannounced and without appointment, in order to help me "dial in more positive camber" with my legs whenever I sat inside my car.

Here's a picture of the shims. Left and right are Macht Schnell adjustment shims, center is Recaro. Pretty much, just mix and match as needed to fine-tune your seat's position.

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #2
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
Thanks for the review, those seats should be dialed in now!